Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I expect Pauline Hanson elected to the senate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
The election will be won in western Sydney and those people care a lot about Boats.

Can't trust another shifty unionist from Victoria, remember what happened with Gillard?

Malcolm's from Sydney. Melbourne get hosed.

Election win bl Labor

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Ok thanks guess there is no need to post anymore you can use that time for something productive

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Leftists at a thousand keyboards writing indignant blog posts and Guardian opinion pieces about Peter Dutton have absolutely no impact.

Actual voters in about 5 electorates in Sydney do.

And they want to stop the boats

Bad luck bleeding hearts

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

We need to build a wall around Australia

73% agree
20% disagree
7% don't know

Poll conducted in key marginal seats

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

P-please
stop p-posting

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

quote:

Two weeks of fierce campaigning have failed to shift voters with a new poll showing the major parties evenly matched and the July 2 election still too close to call.

And while the decline in Malcolm Turnbull's personal ratings has stopped, Bill Shorten continues to improve, recording his best figures in 11 months. He has further closed the gap on Mr Turnbull as preferred prime minister.

With one quarter of the election campaign over, the latest Fairfax/Ipsos poll shows the Coalition leading Labor by 51 per cent to 49 per cent on a two-party-preferred basis, which is no change to the last poll taken at the start of the campaign.

This 51-49 result is based on how preferences flowed at the 2013 election. If it were repeated on election day, and the swing was uniform the Coalition would lose up to seven seats, leaving it with a seven-seat majority.

When those polled were asked who they would preference this time, the major parties were tied at 50 per cent each and that on election day could deliver a hung Parliament.
Most voters believe Coalition will win

Despite the even standing of the parties, most voters still believe the Coalition will win, which is a strong indicator this close to an election.

The poll finds 57 per cent believe the Coalition will win, an increase of four points since the campaign began, while just 20 per cent believe Labor will win, a drop of four points.

The Fairfax/Ipsos poll of 1497 voters was taken from Tuesday night until Thursday night this week. It follows the first week in which Labor campaigned on education and the government sold its budget, primarily the company tax cuts.

This week was dominated by Labor releasing its biggest policy so far – $2.4 billion to lift the freeze on Medicare payments to doctors to keep the cost to patients down – while the government shifted its focus to its core strength of asylum seekers. Labor also had problems with frontbencher David Feeney not declaring a $2 million investment property.

But there was little movement, suggesting voters have yet to engage or are yet to be swayed.

The Coalition's primary vote remained relatively unchanged, falling one percentage point to 43 per cent, while Labor's rose one point to 34 per cent.

Despite an aggressive start by the Greens, in which they wedged the ALP over penalty rates and made high-profile incursions into four vulnerable Labor seats – Batman, Wills, Grayndler and Sydney – the minor party's primary vote stayed unchanged at a relatively healthy 14 per cent.
PM's approval slide (mostly) came to a halt

In a relief for the Coalition, the decline in the personal standing of the Prime Minister came to a halt.

Mr Turnbull's approval rating, which peaked at 69 per cent in November last year, stayed steady at 48 per cent, while his disapproval rating has fallen two points since the start of the campaign to 38 per cent.

Mr Shorten's ratings are the best since June last year. His approval rating rose two points to 40 per cent and his disapproval rating fell three points to 46 per cent.

In terms of preferred prime minister, Mr Turnbull has fallen another four points to 47 per cent while Mr Shorten has lifted a point to 30 per cent.

A Seven News/Reachtel poll published on Friday night also had the major parties locked at 50 per cent each.

The 57 per cent who believe the Coalition will win reflects the odds in the betting markets.

To form government in its own right, a party needs a minimum 76 seats. The Coalition starts with a notional 89 seats and Labor with a notional count of 57 seats.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Preferred PM is nice and all, since it provides empirical support for my brief that no one likes an opportunistic union shitlord like BS, but the number to care about is Labors primary and they have yet to hit the election winning mark in months of trying.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Using 2013 preferences the Coalition wins, using respondent allocated preferences is a hung parliament. Essential Research is also a Hung Parliament. Newspoll is yet to come out but I think it is coming out tomorrow?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Negligent posted:

We need to build a wall around Australia

wish they'd build a wall around this dickhead

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

3 polls this cycle have predicted a hung parliament.
3 polls this cycle have predicted a Labor Majority.
0 polls using respondent allocated preferences have predicted a Coalition Victory.

It doesn't matter if people like MT, If they don't like the Coalition as a whole then you run into a reverse QLD situation whereby voters like the leader but not the party. However, MT's rating are still slowly equalizing with Shorten's which is not the kind of slide a Prime Minister wants.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Sorry about your wrong political beliefs having no traction in the electorates that count

Keep posting on the internet though, that will definitely make a difference

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Basically what I'm saying is that if these trends continue then the best case scenario the Coalition can hope for is a Labor Minority Government so the new opposition can run wild with Gillard comparisons.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Birdstrike posted:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

National polls are cool if we had a proportional system

But we don't

And Labor is not ahead in the 21 seats it needs to win

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Well the ALP needs to pick up quite a few QLD seats to win but it looks like thus far they are getting massive gains in WA and a handful of seats should go their way in NSW. Tasmania and NT are a coin flip but NT seems to be dealing with Fracking debates at the moment which will probably favour the ALP.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Smart voters in Qld and NSW know that BS is a flat out liar on boats

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Yeah nah, best case scenario ALP holds the 3 out of 16 seats it has in WA, worst case loses Perth to go 2/16

No one in this state likes or trusts BS.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Didn't the ALP gently caress up completely in NT last election, and lost a lot of votes out of protest from a deselection?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

I don't like it at all. What about the Australians that were born here like myself? It's going to be harder and harder to find full-time jobs.

My parents were from overseas they came here with nothing to give us a good life here, and if someone's going to come and take our work, our job, then it's not worth it.

What

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Every time I open my bookmarks I see this thread and it says "last post by Negligent" and for a brief moment I forget that life is a cruel joke

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
That's because he posts about 6 times more than our median posters: https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3774162

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Didn't the ALP gently caress up completely in NT last election, and lost a lot of votes out of protest from a deselection?

There's a debate going on at the moment involving oil and gas companies and the NT ALPs position has given them a large boost in support.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kat Delacour posted:

That's because he posts about 6 times more than our median posters: https://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3774162

In fairness, that is because he splits what would be one post into about three. I don't think he knows what the edit button does.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Lizard Combatant posted:

Every time I open my bookmarks I see this thread and it says "last post by Negligent" and for a brief moment I forget that life is a cruel joke

"Good morning neighbour, let's talk about how Bill Shorten won't win"

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/australian/status/733816602462801920

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Kat Delacour posted:

yeah but it's the average that matters

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Truth.txt

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

How much longer until Negligent hits critical and goes into meltdown?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
He has long ago, we're just waiting for someone to brave the exclusion zone and drop the concrete sarcophagus on to him

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Birdstrike posted:

Then fill it with the trssh

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So like

The Commissioner of the AFP denied on Friday that the Government knew anything about the investigation prior to the raid.

Today Fifield confirms he knew about it.

Do I have this right?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

A man who once sodomised a dog posted:

Australians are not fearful; nor are they monochromatic or prone to demonising people.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

CrazyTolradi posted:

How much longer until Negligent hits critical and goes into meltdown?

10PM, July 2nd.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

this reveals a lot about the chaser case

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

SKY COQ posted:

So like

The Commissioner of the AFP denied on Friday that the Government knew anything about the investigation prior to the raid.

Do I have this right?

Yes but he didn't inhale (tell the PM). Which is so totally believable, isn't it. I think the LNP are losing the messaging here, god knows where we'll be lurching to tomorrow, when they no doubt try to redirect the media.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I see your Greens have finally decided to go right-wing

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Exclamation Marx posted:

I see your Greens have finally decided to go right-wing

[img-timeline]

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

SKY COQ posted:

So like

Do I have this right?

Commissioner of the AFP: The government had no idea we were going to be this ham-fisted.
PM: I had no knowledge of this investigation!
Finance Minister, on the board: I had no knowledge of this investigation!

2 days later...
Minister of Communications: Um...yes...about that. I knew....but didn't tell both the PM or the other minister on the board. Better send out a press release, I'm sure no one will want to ask me about it come Monday.

And it's reminding everyone they don't have NBN yet and won't get getting it till past 2020 and it will STILL be based on copper. If the ALP is smart they'll announce their NBN policy on Monday and continue to remind everyone of this fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Comstar posted:

If the ALP is smart

I think I found the weak link in the plan

• Locked thread