Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
k1ng would have hit the shots pronax missed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Demostrs posted:

k1ng would have hit the shots pronax missed

the power of 144hz compels you!!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I have the unhealthiest relationship with solo queuing. It keeps hurting me, but I keep coming back to it. Tonight I break the cycle. I am leaving it and never coming back.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

surc posted:

I have the unhealthiest relationship with solo queuing. It keeps hurting me, but I keep coming back to it. Tonight I break the cycle. I am leaving it and never coming back.

ya fam solo queuing is toxic and breeds bad habits (goes to play a goonman)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

surc posted:

You have no idea how many times I've said this to myself. The sting of solo queue is nothing to letting down friends :qq:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jeza posted:

Possibly, but most goons are probably totally unaware of what it is like to be completely shut down by a disciplined team. There aren't many free kills, even against a second tier pro team like D&G. Even if he's bad by pro player standards, he's still much much better than 99% of players.

Of course he is, but that was a pathetic performance by any standard, especially since D&G went frag hunting a lot once they had Godsent crushed.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Payday 2 Thread posted:

the allegory of the pubstove illustrated by allen wren

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the other day i found a cool dude in solo qq, added him and we played some matches.
there's a random brazillian i had added years ago who was pretty good, so i invited him. He invites a shitload of people, and 2 of them join, one of them unranked.
Game starts, and unranked man starts spinbotting and one shot killing everyone.
I try not to win because you know, there's a cheater, even killing him a couple of rounds as does my original teammate. The brazillian starts chasing my teammate cause he got super salted, which he retorts with by pushing him against a corner, and I seal off the opposite end. Cheater zeus me and I'm like huh, maybe I can use this. Teammate gets kicked due to killing the cheater too much, and I devise an insanely ingenious and never thought before strategy; nade myself at round start then stand between the cheater and enemies.
it works. he gets kicked.
the two remaining brazillians immediately vote to surrender.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
addendum: By chance, after downloading the demo, I see the BR in my friendslist is in a lobby. I correctly assume that the cheater was using an alt, and that he'd keep playing with him. So I join, killing their search.
They kick me. Do it again. They kick me.
My brazillian friend is no longer my friend.
I used the JOIN GAME button on their profiles, stopping their search.
They kick me.
Repeat this for 10 minutes.

Both of them quit out of CS:GO

surc
Aug 17, 2004

fennesz posted:

You have no idea how many times I've said this to myself. The sting of solo queue is nothing to letting down friends :qq:

But.... I should be Global, my team is just holding me back, so this will not be a problem :confused:

E: Essentially I had a game where I had 2 children, at least one of whom had definitely not hit puberty, screaming at me constantly any time they were dead, and a teammate who gave up after losing the first two rounds of the match as CT's. I then abandoned a game for the first time in literal years, when I got put on their team again the next game. I just can't take it any more.

I just want to always be playing with good-vibes teams :smith:

Arf you always make me feel a little bit better about my experiences, thanks <3

surc fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 21, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
If you solo queue please don't bitch about solo queueing.

2D 9H 23M

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

On the otherhand do complain so I know I'm not alone.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I soloqueue but I've never known anything better except the days of yore in my l33t cal-o clan. I miss the old days of real pub servers when you had regulars and the sweet admin tools and stuff. I guess you can still do that but it feels deprecated in favor of ranked games.

edit:
admin slap <camper>
admin kick [myg0t]haxx0r

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Goons have a community server that usually plays a few games a night. Look for the sub.io thread in Pgs for details.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

But.... I should be Global, my team is just holding me back, so this will not be a problem :confused:

E: Essentially I had a game where I had 2 children, at least one of whom had definitely not hit puberty, screaming at me constantly any time they were dead, and a teammate who gave up after losing the first two rounds of the match as CT's. I then abandoned a game for the first time in literal years, when I got put on their team again the next game. I just can't take it any more.

I just want to always be playing with good-vibes teams :smith:

Arf you always make me feel a little bit better about my experiences, thanks <3

if you joined the GooNova group, then quit bitching and queue with some of us!

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have not played with a literal child except for myself in a very long time, if ever. this is bullshit i want to troll babygamers

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Just shaking my head with every trade attempt for a nice looking nuclear threat p250 I keep trying to land and no one picks it up

Being a trade baron in 2016 is hard folks

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 21, 2016

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
suddenly i'm reminded of why i can't stand csgo sometimes.

15-13 on mirage, we're winning. one of their top fraggers toggles on for the last two rounds and ties it. and this isn't just me being suspicious, i watched the demo and it's pretty loving blatant.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

online friend posted:

suddenly i'm reminded of why i can't stand csgo sometimes.

15-13 on mirage, we're winning. one of their top fraggers toggles on for the last two rounds and ties it. and this isn't just me being suspicious, i watched the demo and it's pretty loving blatant.

I hope you reported him. If it was as blatant as you say it was, he should be overwatched pretty quickly.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

henne posted:

Goons have a community server that usually plays a few games a night. Look for the sub.io thread in Pgs for details.

It's pretty lovely, toxic, and full of trolls though. I'd only recommend it if you're a FYAD poster who want's to get into CS.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

if you joined the GooNova group, then quit bitching and queue with some of us!

Sorry I've been terrible about joining invites lately (I'm "not the real aborn")

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

It's pretty lovely, toxic, and full of trolls though. I'd only recommend it if you're a FYAD poster who want's to get into CS.

gently caress you, they're a group of god damned angels and playing with them is like basking in the sun on a cool day.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Trip Report: I played several 5 mans today and they make comp good and fun.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

santanotreal posted:

Sorry I've been terrible about joining invites lately (I'm "not the real aborn")

No worries mate. Join whenever you're free.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

those FYAD fucks have ruined another video game clan

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

santanotreal posted:

you are the real aborn now since i heard through reliable sources that forums user "aborn" died from complications from the zika virus in a favela in rio

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Is Peacemaker coaching Liquid yet? Because he's gonna have to cut a motherfucker if they throw this away.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think they should probably just nix Koosta. He's honestly just OK with an AWP and the dude can't seem to really do anything else.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Antares posted:

those FYAD fucks have ruined another video game clan

cs go goons has been bad since like halfway through 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Jellidelic posted:

It has been downhill since Wex died.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jellidelic posted:

The same time that NA CS took a nose dive and never recovered.

Hmm...

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx

Fat Lou posted:

It has been downhill since Wex died.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

We should have kept some of the demos or something from the Wexford era. RIP

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
The old fat Lou videos are a pretty good look into it.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

We should have kept some of the demos or something from the Wexford era. RIP

Oh, you mean one like this? :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wGFE-It26Y&t=29s

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

gently caress

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I'm a newbie gently caress, so who was Wexford?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Csgoons is fine for playing games with goons. I don't know what people are complaining about tbh

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

symbolic posted:

I'm a newbie gently caress, so who was Wexford?

It was the original Goon server during closed beta and early release run by Necco and Astro, it started as a pub before turning into a private 5v5 server after the creation of the Goonpug plugin(ASTRO). Then came Buttman courtesy of Prost and Lou(I think) and finally sub.io.

I had a private NFO server around then where the first Goonmans took place but we had to pick captains/teams/maps manually pre-plugin.

Gooood times

vvvv skill has definitely dropped off. Guys as good as kcer, hoods, knight, slime, etc aren't around anymore. The people playing back then had a lot of previous 1.6/source exp and weren't completely new to the series like most of the players now.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
A lot of the Old Guard has moved on from goonmans in general, which sucks, but the one thing I do like is there's an influx of newer players, and not to mention I think the skill ceiling has gotten much higher, so there's more of a chance that you'll be facing off against better players these days.