Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

This honestly generated the same reaction in me that goatse did about twenty years ago (as "_stinger.jpg"). I didn't think I could even feel that particular kind of revulsion anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Heresiarch posted:

This honestly generated the same reaction in me that goatse did about twenty years ago (as "_stinger.jpg"). I didn't think I could even feel that particular kind of revulsion anymore.

The difference is that this picture has two gaping assholes in it. And no ring.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
http://www.dailydot.com/lol/stormfront-white-supremacy-dating-forum/

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Curvature of Earth posted:

Speak for yourself. I dislike Rev because I'm intolerant of people's intolerance. :colbert:

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE REV SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION WORDS IN MOLDBUG'S BLOG POSTS THAT FILL MY BROWSER. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF LETTERS IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR REV AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE REV SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION WORDS IN MOLDBUG'S BLOG POSTS THAT FILL MY BROWSER. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF LETTERS IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR REV AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.

It's just not as good when it's not in Harlan Ellison's own voice. You can really feel the seething misanthropy.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Immortan posted:

Is it really surprising that people are going homosexual for a shakespearian & transcendental figure such as the God Emperor?

why is your god emperor a fat balding old man

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

TheIllestVillain posted:

why is your god emperor a fat balding old man
Because the fantasy for fat balding young men is that by the time they're old they might still be fat and balding but at least they'll be rich and have trophy wives and mistresses.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Immortan posted:

Is it really surprising that people are going homosexual for a shakespearian & transcendental figure such as the God Emperor?
Wrong playwright.

A real-estate salesman with a bad comb-over who is convinced he is an alpha male belongs in Glengarry Glen Ross, not Hamlet.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
James Wylder interviews Phil Sandifer (written interview, not another podcast thankfully). Includes a bit on the Tumblr rationalists comprehensively losing their poo poo.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
There is no way that neckbeard isn't literally autistic.

I'll leave it to everyone's imagination whether I mean Imortan or the kid who has probably masturbated on his picture of Milo, and at least one of his video games.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

quote:

Do you have a favorite passage from the book?

I'm probably most partial to a moment fairly late in the book where I kind of off-handedly indicate a possible starting point for a new model of leftist thought that takes empathy as its central principle, and suggest a bunch of readings that might be useful in expanding it, then basically go "but instead of talking about that, let's poke at these stupid racists some more." It really captures the perverse essence of the book.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hermetic posted:

I'll leave it to everyone's imagination whether I mean Imortan or the kid who has probably masturbated on his picture of Milo, and at least one of his video games.

Dude don't be such an epileptic borderline

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Hermetic posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Hermetic posted:

you must be autistic

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Small Frozen Thing posted:

:agreed:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Yikes, I guess I offended some people.

Sorry about that.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Hermetic posted:

Yikes, I guess I offended some people.

Sorry about that.

Look at this insincere mealy-mouthed bullshit.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Woolie Wool posted:

Look at this insincere mealy-mouthed bullshit.

I think you're just looking for a reason to be mad.

I feel very bad that you have so much hate and rage in your heart. Get well soon. :shobon:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Autism.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900
Boy do I miss the days when good liberals sat around chanting "Why can't we be friends" instead of plotting the genocide of all who oppose them.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If NRx ever got power, they'd be hacking each other to death in the streets with machetes. Seems to be happening to SA goons now

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Nah, I just wished him well, put him on ignore and moved on. I'm not gonna get into pointless fights over how much one should flagellate themselves for a mistake.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hermetic posted:

Nah, I just wished him well, put him on ignore and moved on. I'm not gonna get into pointless fights over how much one should flagellate themselves for a mistake.

what is joke

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Hermetic posted:

I was going to apologize for being needlessly confrontational, and say that I'm just tired of "lol he autistic" being used as a way of saying "lol he bad", but I don't feel as bad anymore.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

I was going to apologize for being needlessly confrontational, and say that I'm just tired of "lol he autistic" being used as a way of saying "lol he bad", but I don't feel as bad anymore.

Nah, you were still pretty needlessly confrontational. Apology accepted. :shobon:

To be fair, people WERE getting p mad. I just assumed you were commenting. I guess that upset you, though. I'd apologize, but that just makes people madder, I think.

Hermetic has a new favorite as of 04:43 on May 22, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Quote is not Edit

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Curvature of Earth posted:

Boy do I miss the days when good liberals sat around chanting "Why can't we be friends" instead of plotting the genocide of all who oppose them.

St_Rev Is Tearing Us Apart™()

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I'm so angry that I want Cingulate to start posting again.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Hermetic posted:

Nah, you were still pretty needlessly confrontational. Apology accepted. :shobon:

To be fair, people WERE getting p mad. I just assumed you were commenting. I guess that upset you, though. I'd apologize, but that just makes people madder, I think.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Autism is bad

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Nah. :3:.

How about you stop being needlessly confrontational, my dude?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hermetic posted:

Nah. :3:.

How about you stop being needlessly confrontational, my dude?
Immortan's a dumb loving gimmick account and you're making worst posts than he is.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Cardboard Box A posted:

Immortan's a dumb loving gimmick account and you're making worst posts than he is.

Realtalk, I'm just tired of some dumb kids shutting down the thread so they can make it about how offended they are. I'm just going to be polite to 'em and put 'em on mute, sorry if you're upset by that, but eventually it'll get the thread back on track.

Hey, quick question before the derail's over: I've seen a ton of people with Urusei Yatsura avatars on here lately. When/why did that become a thing?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hermetic posted:

Realtalk, I'm just tired of some dumb kids shutting down the thread so they can make it about how offended they are. I'm just going to be polite to 'em and put 'em on mute, sorry if you're upset by that, but eventually it'll get the thread back on track.
How about you shut the gently caress up about who or what you think Immortan is masturbating to.

Hermetic posted:

Hey, quick question before the derail's over: I've seen a ton of people with Urusei Yatsura avatars on here lately. When/why did that become a thing?
Someone's buying them. It seems to have started in ADTRW and Games? Who knows how far it will spread.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Cardboard Box A posted:

How about you shut the gently caress up about who or what you think Immortan is masturbating to.

Except I literally never speculated as to what that idiot was masturbating to? :confused: Maybe you should actually read the posts you're so mad about?

Cardboard Box A posted:

Someone's buying them. It seems to have started in ADTRW and Games? Who knows how far it will spread.

Fair enough! People get fun avatars, and I get to see Rumiko Takahashi's art everywhere. I just wondered if there was a specific meaning behind it. I kinda like them even more knowing that it's just a random thing someone is doing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

Hi I'm loterally on the spectrum, using "lol I bet he's autistic" as a short hand for "this guys sucks" is a rea lovely thing to do and casually dismissing all criticism of your behavior makes you a giant rear end in a top hat

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Literally The Worst posted:

Hi I'm loterally on the spectrum, using "lol I bet he's autistic" as a short hand for "this guys sucks" is a rea lovely thing to do and casually dismissing all criticism of your behavior makes you a giant rear end in a top hat

Literally The Worst posted:

Being in the military doesn't mean you can fight, retard

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Yeah, and the one who keeps shrieking for me to "shut the gently caress up" posted this:

:allears: They sure do like misusing the word "retarded", for people who are so mad that they refuse to accept an apology over someone misusing the term "autistic".

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I'm sorry that you took what I said wrong, but let me double down anyway posted:

Realtalk, I'm just tired of some dumb kids shutting down the thread so they can make it about how offended they are.

The thread has begun to generate its own content.

Here's the key point y'all seem to be missing- context matters, you dipshits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Perhaps we should not use slurs against the mentally disabled, regardless of who they are. I hope this is an agreeable stance to take, and the possibility of halting your use of "retard" does not make you angry. :)