Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aces High posted:

maybe the same reason we don't have Full Throttle. Actually for some reason I keep thinking that we don't have Full Throttle yet because they're fixing stuff, every time I have played it through an emulator a lot of the music cues don't work. Sad really because Full Throttle is one of those games that just isn't the same without its soundtrack

If it's anything like what tripped up the ScummVM version, the fighting minigame is what'd probably be the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett
It's because of Full Throttle HD that it's not on GOG.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Commander Keenan posted:

It's because of Full Throttle HD that it's not on GOG.
Yeah, Full Throttle HD has (for a few months) now been announced by DF, so it looks like it'll get the same deal as Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hey that's even better :unsmith:

Although outside of just making it able to run on modern systems I don't see what really needs "remastering" with Full Throttle. I always felt that it had the best control scheme of all the SCUMM games

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Aces High posted:

hey that's even better :unsmith:

Although outside of just making it able to run on modern systems I don't see what really needs "remastering" with Full Throttle. I always felt that it had the best control scheme of all the SCUMM games

I assume they're planning on releasing it on consoles which would explain why it is getting remastered.

edit: yep, PS4 & Vita.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
The thing to take from this re: Activision vs Disney is that when Disney has a better track record than you when it comes to rereleasing old products, you're a stupid oval office.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

BiggerJ posted:

The thing to take from this re: Activision vs Disney is that when Disney has a better track record than you when it comes to rereleasing old products, you're a stupid oval office.

Disney makes tons of money releasing old products because they are primarily a movie studio and that is what they do.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

A month ago I started playing Torchlight and was kinda wishing GOG would carry Torchlight II. But then I got lost down the Din's Curse Demon War rabbit click hole and I just don't care that TLII's out now. Even with the unabashedly garbage graphics. I can't stop playing this ugly, ugly game with bad sounds.

Zombacite would be something I'd look forward to if it didn't literally reuse every single asset from Din's Curse. C'mon Soldak, that's like Jack Benny levels of being cheap.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 25, 2016

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Tell me about it. I've recently got sucked back into Borderlands 2 after about 2 years of not playing. Loot driven games are one hell of a drug.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like they announced this a bit early and took it down, but I have the article still in my RSS feed so... GOG have announced a new feature called GOG Connect that lets you connect your Steam account and add SOME of the games you own there to your GOG library. The exact list is ever-changing, because nothing is ever straightforward, so you'll keep having to go back as the offers change if you have OCD. That's how they get you.

EDIT: It's up! If you own these on Steam, you can add them to your GOG library over the next five days:
Bit Trip Runner
Braid
Breach and Clear
Breach and Clear Deadline
Broken Sword Director's Cut
FTL
Galactic Civilizations 3
Mount & Blade
Project Zomboid
Saints Row 2
Shadowrun Returns
Sherlock Holmes
Witcher Enhanced Edition
The Witness
To The Moon
Trine Enhanced Edition
Two Worlds
Unreal Gold
Unreal Tournament
VVVVVV
Xenonauts

The Kins fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 1, 2016

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The Kins posted:

Looks like they announced this a bit early and took it down, but I have the article still in my RSS feed so... GOG have announced a new feature called GOG Connect that lets you connect your Steam account and add SOME of the games you own there to your GOG library. The exact list is ever-changing, because nothing is ever straightforward, so you'll keep having to go back as the offers change if you have OCD. That's how they get you.

EDIT: It's up! If you own these on Steam, you can add them to your GOG library over the next five days:
Bit Trip Runner
Braid
Breach and Clear
Breach and Clear Deadline
Broken Sword Director's Cut
FTL
Galactic Civilizations 3
Mount & Blade
Project Zomboid
Saints Row 2
Shadowrun Returns
Sherlock Holmes
Witcher Enhanced Edition
The Witness
To The Moon
Trine Enhanced Edition
Two Worlds
Unreal Gold
Unreal Tournament
VVVVVV
Xenonauts
Doesn't seem to be working properly for me. I own Trine Enhanced Edition, Braid, Saints Row 2, etc.. on Steam and it's saying "not found in your steam library" through GOG Connect. Guess there are a few bugs to smooth out?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

JazzFlight posted:

Doesn't seem to be working properly for me. I own Trine Enhanced Edition, Braid, Saints Row 2, etc.. on Steam and it's saying "not found in your steam library" through GOG Connect. Guess there are a few bugs to smooth out?
Try refreshing it. It told me the same thing too even though I had SR2, FTL, To the Moon, and Shadowrun on Steam, but when I redid it they were recognized.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Nice. 11 more games on gog that I won't play.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I keep on copping an error when it tries to look for eligible games but I assume the servers are probably taking a pounding at the moment.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's telling me I have no eligible games even though I own a bunch of games on Steam that are on the eligible list, so I'm guessing we need to give it a day or two.

e; I just tried again and it loaded first try, so looks like the rush is over. :)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 1, 2016

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Like others mentioned, apparently you can get lucky and refresh enough times that it recognizes your games. I added 6 to my account that I had on Steam but not on GOG and it worked nicely.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I wonder what's motivating this. I'd guess, throw some sales away that you probably weren't going to get, to get a rush of new users on your platform?

In that light it makes sense to only periodically add games to this list.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 1, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I queued up when it was first announced and it finally went through. Got a GOG version of Bit.Trip Runner, Braid, Saints Row 2, Shadowrun Returns, To The Moon, Trine and VVVVVV.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Now it says "this make take several days, please be patient" when you tell it to check Steam games.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Does it give them info on your whole library, and what you pay for games? Could be useful information for them.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
It finally went through for me and now I've got Saints Row 2, Braid, Bit Trip Runner and Xenonauts in my GOG library.

I'm happy about getting the GOG version of SR2 since I've heard it fixes a lot of the bugs that the original steam release had.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Noice.

Velius posted:

Does it give them info on your whole library, and what you pay for games? Could be useful information for them.

Whole game library and time played and number of achievements. The paid part is private, though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Oh hey thanks to those wonderful folks at Night Dive you can now buy D, Kenji's Eno first major game. Its not necessarily good but its definitely weird.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I couldn't get the Connect thing to work for me at all yesterday, but it worked fine this morning.

Honestly I'd love a reverse service: if I buy something on GOG, it automatically adds it to my Steam library too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm surprised they don't give you Witcher 3 if you have it on Steam.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Apparently they added Surgeon Simulator today to sync. This is going to be really annoying if they keep adding games randomly with the 5 day time limit

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Zeeman posted:

Apparently they added Surgeon Simulator today to sync. This is going to be really annoying if they keep adding games randomly with the 5 day time limit

They have your library data. You don't need to sync everyday, if they come out with a new game, they'll add it automatically.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

GreenNight posted:

They have your library data. You don't need to sync everyday, if they come out with a new game, they'll add it automatically.

I thought you had to go "buy" the games at $0.00 to get them in your GoG account?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

jivjov posted:

I thought you had to go "buy" the games at $0.00 to get them in your GoG account?

GOG sent me that once the sync worked. Didn't have to go buy them at 0 or anything.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Peas and Rice posted:

I couldn't get the Connect thing to work for me at all yesterday, but it worked fine this morning.

Honestly I'd love a reverse service: if I buy something on GOG, it automatically adds it to my Steam library too.

Why would valve do that though, that's just them losing money. I've seen lots of people buy the game twice just to have a "steam copy". Steam doesn't have to cater to anyone, they're #1. Gog is trying to get more people to consider them as a viable alternative so they're doing everything they can to sync people up.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

GreenNight posted:

I went to the site, and it said "You have one game available to sync" and I had to press the button to do it.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Zeeman posted:

I went to the site, and it said "You have one game available to sync" and I had to press the button to do it.

this is after I got all the stuff yesterday, so yeah you have to go to the site and click a button when they add more stuff

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Well, poo poo. That's a bummer.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

it's almost like they want you go to their website frequently

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Where was this feature when I was double dipping whenever there were sales? Only game I got free was Saint's Row 2.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Mortimer posted:

Why would valve do that though, that's just them losing money. I've seen lots of people buy the game twice just to have a "steam copy". Steam doesn't have to cater to anyone, they're #1. Gog is trying to get more people to consider them as a viable alternative so they're doing everything they can to sync people up.

Fair enough. I was thinking more of an automatic script that added a GOG game to my Steam launcher.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Peas and Rice posted:

Fair enough. I was thinking more of an automatic script that added a GOG game to my Steam launcher.

:sigh: I wish

I own every wing commander game for some reason, are they worth playing? I tried playing 1 like two years ago and thought it was balls hard, then it turns out to just be the in-game arcade game intro but that was enough to sour me on it because it felt like crap

when does the series get good? Does it get good? What is the pre-elite dangeorus star pirate game of choice?

Also tie fighter and x-wing are relics of their time and don't hold up so don't say those either

e: why isn't commander keen on gog? where's mystic towers?

I can play cosmos cosmic adventure and hocus pocus all day but the two best games of that era are only on steam and I own them there but dang it cmon.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I was going to say Privateer but if you don't think X-Wing and TIE Fighter hold up, you're really not going to enjoy Wing Commander.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Peas and Rice posted:

There's Ice, but that's meant for emulators and doesn't work with with GOG unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
XW Alliance isn't bad.

Independence War is really good too, but coming from XW and WC "spaceplane" simulators the switch to newtonian physics can be the cause of much swearing.