Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vilgan posted:

With 3.3 looming, should I horde scrips/tomes for a price drop? or does it not work like that/not due for price drop? I haven't ever been active through a patch before so no clue what to expect.

They usually don't reduce prices on odd patches, but rather increase the amount of tomes you receive. So hoarding would not be a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I change my mind, since i've barely dabbled in crafting anything.

quote:

Moogle Beast Tribe quests will be for crafters and will cover the level range of 50-60. You can use them to help level crafters for this range. So now you’ll be crafting baskets instead of searching for them. Moogles built a home for themselves!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Right after I finally finished getting all my crafters to 60, too. Oh well.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I find it strange the Moogles are the crafting tribe instead of the Goblins... but eh, as long as i'm not searching for them in random rear end cracks of walkable ground in Sea of Clouds again.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Axle_Stukov posted:

I find it strange the Moogles are the crafting tribe instead of the Goblins... but eh, as long as i'm not searching for them in random rear end cracks of walkable ground in Sea of Clouds again.
It makes sense though. The gobbies are better crafters than the player and wouldn't need our help. Moogles on the otherhand have been shown to be completely incapable of accomplishing anything without assistance.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Nill posted:

It makes sense though. The gobbies are better crafters than the player and wouldn't need our help. Moogles on the otherhand have been shown to be completely incapable of accomplishing anything without assistance.

Which is why our role in the Moogle tribe quests should've been that of an overly aggressive drill sergeant, whipping them in to shape by beating them up.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Skaw posted:

Which is why our role in the Moogle tribe quests should've been that of an overly aggressive drill sergeant, whipping them in to shape by beating them up.

:yeah:

Although helping level crafting is also acceptable, I used the Ixali for culinarian just to skip dealing with ingredient hell.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Scrublord Prime posted:

:yeah:

Although helping level crafting is also acceptable, I used the Ixali for culinarian just to skip dealing with ingredient hell.

Urgh.. I still have one retainer completely full of cooking ingredients I haven't worked up the gumption to clean out yet.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I'm sure glad that the treasure dungeon has a 50% chance to completely kick you out every time you open a door.
This game really needed more arbitrary RNG.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Klades posted:

I'm sure glad that the treasure dungeon has a 50% chance to completely kick you out every time you open a door.
This game really needed more arbitrary RNG.

considering it's something thrown in as a sort of bonus round to what the maps already drop, I think it's pretty alright. of course if they do something dumb like have key crafting mats drop from only the last couple rooms then I will become open to changing my opinion

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

yoshida's team isn't known for locking stuff you need behind stupid RNG at all

I mean it's not like materia exists or anything

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I wonder if they'll remix Primogenitor for the new bard mode trial.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

vOv posted:

I wonder if they'll remix Primogenitor for the new bard mode trial.

The video showed Dragonsong for the new trial.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Apparently the live fan translation wasn't great (shocker!) and they didn't say that the RNG of the doors inside treasure dungeon was 50%. That's the odds of getting a dungeon from a map at all.
But the doors are still RNG, we just don't know the odds, so it's still going to be dumb.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

The video showed Dragonsong for the new trial.

Huh. Interesting choice, but it does fit.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

vOv posted:

Huh. Interesting choice, but it does fit.

Makes sense, if it's supposed to be the final battle of the Ishgard story arc. Plus Nidhogg's fake-bro Bahamut got Answers so, you know, interesting parallel there.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Makes sense, if it's supposed to be the final battle of the Ishgard story arc. Plus Nidhogg's fake-bro Bahamut got Answers so, you know, interesting parallel there.

Maybe Nidhogg dies in a story cutscene (killed by Aymeric?) and then gets brought back as a primal, so we have to kill the primal Nidhogg.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Klades posted:

Apparently the live fan translation wasn't great (shocker!) and they didn't say that the RNG of the doors inside treasure dungeon was 50%. That's the odds of getting a dungeon from a map at all.
But the doors are still RNG, we just don't know the odds, so it's still going to be dumb.

I remember that the live translation said that the odds of getting a portal is 20% and that the doors to each next room are 50%. So you're saying, essentially, the portals are a 50% chance to appear and that we don't know the odds for the doors? That's a bit easier to swallow, if that's the case.

In any case, I'm gonna try and withhold judgment until we have a better idea what treasure the Dungeon will offer. At first glance, I'm just generally underwhelmed because I almost never have good luck. I love the idea of optional dungeons and dungeons with unique mechanics though, so it could go either way. v:shobon:v

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I finished Crystal tower for the first time and it was good and pretty and love and the people were terrible but carried me through it

10/10 would subscribe again.

Is the Warring Triad stuff as fan service as the giant 3 tribute?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

vOv posted:

Maybe Nidhogg dies in a story cutscene (killed by Aymeric?) and then gets brought back as a primal, so we have to kill the primal Nidhogg.

Nah we're straight up killing double eyed estinian powered nidhogg for sure. That's where there's a bardmode instead of extreme.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I finished Crystal tower for the first time and it was good and pretty and love and the people were terrible but carried me through it

10/10 would subscribe again.

Is the Warring Triad stuff as fan service as the giant 3 tribute?

Yup. The first boss of the three we've fought so far was Sephirot the fiend. He's one of the three gods of magic from FF6.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So my friend keeps trying to get me to play this, and I've always thought it looked cool but I really hate spending money and subscriptions make me mad. Do you actually have to subscribe to anything or can you like, just drop the cash for a month or something and not worry about it?

EDIT: I just noticed they want sixty bucks for this on steam and still expect you to pay money to play it. :suicide:

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 23, 2016

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Nuebot posted:

So my friend keeps trying to get me to play this, and I've always thought it looked cool but I really hate spending money and subscriptions make me mad. Do you actually have to subscribe to anything or can you like, just drop the cash for a month or something and not worry about it?

There's a 14-day trial for new accounts, and the base upgrade gives 30 days of gametime. There are also 60 day game time cards around.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

They're also bumping the free trial limit from level 20 to level 35 in 3.3.

e: vvvv Yeah, XIV itself is $20 and comes with a free month of game time, which costs $12, so you're only paying $8 for the game.

vOv fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 23, 2016

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: I just noticed they want sixty bucks for this on steam and still expect you to pay money to play it. :suicide:

That's probably the base game plus Heavensward, the expansion pack. There's a free demo that you can play as someone else mentioned and the base $20 game comes with a free month of game time iirc. You don't need to buy Heavensward to play the game and all it does below level 50 is let you play as a new race.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Nuebot posted:

Wait for a sale, the game and expansion go on sale regularly. You don't need the expansion at all until you're level 50, though if you play to level 50 you should get to expansion so you can keep getting exp while you do all the level 50 stuff.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I like how the live translation said Yoshida's cooldowns reset after wiping to Nidhogg, even though they very clearly don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVSKhYJWf30&t=2900s

I'm just going to blame Mr. Happy for this, since he was putting the document together.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Mr Happy responsible for dumb misinformation? What an unheard of and surprising turn of events.

Also the summary is on the OF if you want to check.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Wait for a sale, the game and expansion go on sale regularly. You don't need the expansion at all until you're level 50, though if you play to level 50 you should get to expansion so you can keep getting exp while you do all the level 50 stuff.

Yeah that's what I figure. Have they ever gone on sale for 75% off?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

HiKaizer posted:

Mr Happy responsible for dumb misinformation? What an unheard of and surprising turn of events.

ah gently caress is that guy seriously still a pillar of information in the community.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The personality of drywall with the restraint of a honey badger

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

I now have full 200+ iLvl gear, what should I be doing with esoterics next?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Vilgan posted:

I now have full 200+ iLvl gear, what should I be doing with esoterics next?

Probably buying Unidentified Items for your anima relic if you have any interest in doing that.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Yeah that's what I figure. Have they ever gone on sale for 75% off?

No, the lowest I've seen is 50% on sale. I'd go with the non-steam version since there's typically tons of sales elsewhere.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=finalfantasyxivarealmreborn

This ought to help! And yeah, I'd go with a non-steam version. Using Steam locks you into Steam for all future FFXIV purchases and vice-versa for non-steam.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

This ought to help! And yeah, I'd go with a non-steam version. Using Steam locks you into Steam for all future FFXIV purchases and vice-versa for non-steam.

Definitely skip the Steam version. You can add the launcher to your Steam library for the overlay and screenshots if you use that stuff, it works great.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. So you can't mix and match steam vs. non-steam? Bummer.

EDIT: Apparently Gamestop has sold the bundle for twenty bucks in the past, hopefully they do it again soon.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 23, 2016

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

endgame complete :smug:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

My hyper-casual butt finally did it. The sick deeps will soon be mine (in 3.3 when I can put spell speed on it (seriously gently caress whoever decided a BLM relic shouldn't have spell speed))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

But...the BLM relic is Crit/Det :psyduck:

• Locked thread