Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

do wardecs do something in lowsec?

station guns were mulching their fighters :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

station guns were mulching their fighters :laugh:

I guess we didn't take into account the unbridled fury :laffo: of :laffo: the :laffo: marmite collective.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

I guess we didn't take into account the unbridled fury :laffo: of :laffo: the :laffo: marmite collective.

this is pretty unrelated to my point but okay

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I feel like you should have to declare a Concord war to get sovereignty involved as well. After all, as far as the 'world' is concerned the whole sovereignty mechanic is under the guise of "transmitting to concord that you own this space".

Not to mention it makes sense on a lot of other levels with regards to the mechanics of it all.

The only exception is it shouldn't take 24 hours to declare war. Instead it should be like, 3 or something so you can actually get a surprise attack going.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

People were undocking in empty pods to tank MBC sec statuses.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

Most of us are already outlaws :shrug:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

CainFortea posted:

Why? So they couldnt go to jita or run missions any more?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Xolve posted:

It's a no lose thing to do? Doesn't cost you anything and doesn't risk anything but it gives you a chance that the attacker might die to station guns or get caught in hs randomly in future, no guarantee but if you have nothing else to do why not

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sunber posted:

It's a no lose thing to do? Doesn't cost you anything and doesn't risk anything but it gives you a chance that the attacker might die to station guns or get caught in hs randomly in future, no guarantee but if you have nothing else to do why not

You can buy sec status to repair it instantly. Most of these people are already outlaws to begin with.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Average sec status of PL is -1.0. Hardly outlaws.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Average sec status of PL is -1.0. Hardly outlaws.

All those Black Legion nerds joined at 5.1 or whatever, just give them time to adjust.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
So it looks like by the end of the night, there will be no sov structures owned by goons.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

YouTuber posted:

You can buy sec status to repair it instantly. Most of these people are already outlaws to begin with.

Most but not all, and I'm assuming that it's not just PL that are shooting the pods either. Also yes you can buy tags to fix your sec, and if you're tanking it by shooting empty pods then buying tags then more fool you and the people you're shooting win

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

So it looks like by the end of the night, there will be no sov structures owned by goons.

Nah there are some that weren't already reinforced so those can't be taken today.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Sunber posted:

Most but not all, and I'm assuming that it's not just PL that are shooting the pods either. Also yes you can buy tags to fix your sec, and if you're tanking it by shooting empty pods then buying tags then more fool you and the people you're shooting win

Interestingly enough, most of the pods aren't empty and actually worth more than whatever worthless ship they were forcibly removed from.

We bagged a HG Slave set last night and quite a few +5s. It's not exactly the most rewarding gameplay, but we just movie night on comms and shoot dudes on the undock which overall is a pretty good time.

Sunber posted:

I have an emergency set of tags incase I everfind myself in a situation that requires burning a larger ship through highsec to do a 'thing'.

They're not expensive at all, so :shrug: sure those dead pods win I guess.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
Didn't want that sec status anyway? Already replaced?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Didn't want that sec status anyway?

this, but seriously

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Xolve posted:

Don't you still have to be -10 to be in snigg or am I still living in the last decade?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Vando posted:

Don't you still have to be -10 to be in snigg or am I still living in the last decade?

the alliance ticker is -10.0

you'll end up there pretty fast playing in lowsec

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vando posted:

That's not a thing that has been said, or taken, seriously.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
we'll fix our sec status by ratting with supers across the north i guess

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's not a thing that has been said, or taken, seriously.

I'm talking like 2006 here so it might be just a thing from the Amamake days

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Nah there are some that weren't already reinforced so those can't be taken today.

I don't see any. It looks like the last TCU comes out of reinforced mode at 22:44 Eve time in MQ-NPY, after they get done capturing that, which should take about 1h15m assuming they have lots of hackers spread through the constellation, then Goonswarm Federation will not have any Sov structures in Null Sec whatsoever. Ding Dong the witch is dead and what-not.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

War Eagle posted:

I don't see any. It looks like the last TCU comes out of reinforced mode at 22:44 Eve time in MQ-NPY, after they get done capturing that, which should take about 1h15m assuming they have lots of hackers spread through the constellation, then Goonswarm Federation will not have any Sov structures in Null Sec whatsoever. Ding Dong the witch is dead and what-not.

Ahh ok I was counting systems that had ihubs too. They have 5 systems left if you count those:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
We lost a carrier in our home wormhole yesterday, the guy warped it in to a 30 man svipul fleet (in a WR...) before his apostle landed it and it done got blowned up.

We were all nice and depressed, then by pure chance our scout jumped into a C4 and saw a few ships sitting on the back so we killed them, turned out to be loving Mordus Angels and hole control? Blew them up (couple of T2 Cruisers and a tengu), then our scout in nullsec reports a thanatos sitting on a gate in a bubble. At this point the fleet has so much momentum we've got four guardians, two vindicators, two machs and a bunch of other poo poo so we jump out and kill this guy. https://zkillboard.com/kill/54156025/

As we're all laughing and thinking about how we went from losing a thanny to killing a bunch of poo poo this idiot jumps into us and after a bit of jumping and bubble decloaking action he eats it as well.

~just wormhole days~

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
nah dude my combat stratios can totally be fit for hacking sites to make that sweet sweet money while not killing uh

uh

oh.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Xolve posted:

Today I logged into something weird.

Fun times!

How much does it cost a week to maintain a wardec against that many people?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

xilni posted:

How much does it cost a week to maintain a wardec against that many people?

iirc all six of those should be at the max member count for the wardec formula so 3b/week

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I guess now is not the time for me to resub and log my Wyvern back in.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Last TCU is dead :toot:
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Goonswarm_Federation/structures

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Freed from the shackles of Sov ownership, or something.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
didn't want that space anyways

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
So what's the next step then since we no longer hold sov? I haven't been on much lately but it seems like we're eating poo poo constantly and getting laughed at by the rest of Eve. I know Aegis sov is loving dumb but it's pretty demoralizing to not seem to be making any headway or doing anything meaningful besides interceptor fleets and stealth bombers. I know some people enjoy that but is it really accomplishing anything? I feel like we'll never be able to project force like we used to with PL camping all of our old super staging space. I guess I'd just like to know there is some kind of plan because poo poo seems like it's getting old and I'm debating whether or not to let all my accounts lapse when they are up in a few months.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Huge_Midget posted:

So what's the next step then since we no longer hold sov? I haven't been on much lately but it seems like we're eating poo poo constantly and getting laughed at by the rest of Eve. I know Aegis sov is loving dumb but it's pretty demoralizing to not seem to be making any headway or doing anything meaningful besides interceptor fleets and stealth bombers. I know some people enjoy that but is it really accomplishing anything? I feel like we'll never be able to project force like we used to with PL camping all of our old super staging space. I guess I'd just like to know there is some kind of plan because poo poo seems like it's getting old and I'm debating whether or not to let all my accounts lapse when they are up in a few months.

You have to listen to the fireside chats - dear leader will explain that we are attrition attrition attrition.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Huge_Midget posted:

I think the thinking is that all the attacking parties will leave and the north will be reclaimed by the end of the year

that being said those same authorities said the attacking parties would falter by the end of April, and that hasn't happened

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Huge_Midget posted:

There's plenty of poo poo to do. I'm having fun being MOA 2.1

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Huge_Midget posted:

The next step is PL staying in 93PI living happily ever after with Goons.

PL and Goonswarm bestest bros forever and ever <3 <3 <3

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Huge_Midget posted:

Join a wormhole corp like hole squad

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I'm actually surprised it took PL this amount of time to push the wardec button. It's helpful to their undock carrier camps as querns said so it is weird that it took them this long.

I feel like PL believes that they can... kill goons. Like they can do to us what they did to Brave. It's just not going to happen -- there is a grip of us who will just wait and I tend to think that group will still be there waiting when they get bored and start thinking about moving around. Their entire endgame can't be "let's camp a few hundred goons in station for a year." Seems silly. I'm willing to concede defeat in the war I guess, but if their objective is to kill us all off or make us all scatter to other corps the only people who are scattering, more and more, are proving to be the ones who just were around for the ticks and good times.

Like my best friend and sponsor, apparently :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Huge_Midget posted:

Have you missed the last week where we got into several battlecruiser brawls?

• Locked thread