Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No matter when I go to bed I've been waking up at some point between 8:15-8:30 and not able to get back to sleep. It's super weird and really annoying. I'm starting to wonder if there is some kind of noise around this time that is waking me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

No matter when I go to bed I've been waking up at some point between 8:15-8:30 and not able to get back to sleep. It's super weird and really annoying. I'm starting to wonder if there is some kind of noise around this time that is waking me up.

It may just be your biological clock. I wake up at around 530 no matter when I go to bed because my body is used to it as my regular

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

Is it traffic? When I was living in Forks (aka the middle of nowhere) I wasn't waking up until like 11 or 12 every day and I didn't realize why I was sleeping so long. It wasn't until I moved into my current place that I realized that the sound of cars passing my house helps wake me up at a normal hour.

Although I'm typing this at 5:55am so maybe it works too well.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sunlight is what wakes me up - it gets really bright in our bedroom in the morning.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I never sleep, I am a golem as old as civilization itself, the means to create me long forgotten as I live an existence cursed with loneliness and the knowledge and i will outlive humanity itself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've always been able to sleep through anything. I've slept through fire alarms. It has just been this last week or so which is why it's weird.

:iiam:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

It may just be your biological clock. I wake up at around 530 no matter when I go to bed because my body is used to it as my regular

thats not what biological clock refers to

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My ovaries are waking me up to fill me with existential dread that I have yet to pass on my DNA by creating another human being.

It's pretty annoying imo.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
same

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

:same:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SirSamVimes posted:

supernatural is good too though (until season 6)

I disagree with both of these posts.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

My ovaries are waking me up to fill me with existential dread that I have yet to pass on my DNA by creating another human being.

It's pretty annoying imo.

So go have babby, problem solved.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

So go have babby, problem solved.

Somehow I don't think having a baby will help my erratic sleep schedule.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Somehow I don't think having a baby will help my erratic sleep schedule.

That's a myth, babies are easy and you will get lots of rest.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Australia is a garbage country, babbies are bad, anime is good, and I like Psych.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was apparently a really easy baby who slept through the night and then would amuse myself when I woke up in the morning.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I was apparently a very drooly baby who would drool and drool and drool.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I cried a lot as an infant guess that explains my Mafia play. Also Florida is too hot to live

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I am still a baby goo goo ga ga

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I am still a baby goo goo ga ga

*pinches Keanes chubby cheeks*

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I'm a man with the mind of a baby

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I was apparently a really easy baby who slept through the night and then would amuse myself when I woke up in the morning.

your parents lied to you

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Also Florida is too hot to live

I live there and it is not.

You just have to run from one air conditioned place to the next.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

I live there and it is not.

You just have to run from one air conditioned place to the next.

This was what Iowa was like only you ran from one heated place to another during the winter. This usually meant the bar when I was walking back home from classes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hahahahahahahaha so due to some gently caress up by the person at my office who booked the hotel room, my account rather than the company account was charged for the hotel room. Sooo now my bank account is in the extreme negative and I have no food to eat while I'm here for work until my company, the hotel, and my bank get it resolved. :smithicide:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Hahahahahahahaha so due to some gently caress up by the person at my office who booked the hotel room, my account rather than the company account was charged for the hotel room. Sooo now my bank account is in the extreme negative and I have no food to eat while I'm here for work until my company, the hotel, and my bank get it resolved. :smithicide:

Don't you have a credit cardm

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Don't you have a credit cardm

Nope! tldr; family and medical stuff in the past mutilated my credit and it's just now getting back to the point I can actually get approved for a card

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

That sucks pretty hard. When they do expense everything back to you, you should hit the town for their fuckup and get the most luxurious meals and beverages on their dime.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

Nope! tldr; family and medical stuff in the past mutilated my credit and it's just now getting back to the point I can actually get approved for a card

:sympathy:

I know that struggle.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Yeah that sucks. I was in the bad credit spot when I was in mid twenties and then just wasn't interested in fixing it until I was in my thirties.

You should definitely try to get a card, even if it's got a high interest rate, and use it to build your credit up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Yeah that sucks. I was in the bad credit spot when I was in mid twenties and then just wasn't interested in fixing it until I was in my thirties.

You should definitely try to get a card, even if it's got a high interest rate, and use it to build your credit up.

Yeah I've been looking at those like secure cards that you put down the credit limit on. At least to build credit back up faster. I think I just got back over 500 this year

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy crap. Good luck Kash, please don't die in a Florida gutter

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Holy crap. Good luck Kash, please don't die in a Florida gutter

It's cool people in the weight loss thread talk about fasting all the time guess I'm gonna give that a try.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kashuno posted:

It's cool people in the weight loss thread talk about fasting all the time guess I'm gonna give that a try.

Pretty sure we could organize a collection to get you a pizza delivered.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Yeah I've been looking at those like secure cards that you put down the credit limit on. At least to build credit back up faster. I think I just got back over 500 this year

Yeah those are good. Another option is to help build credit is to get a store credit card from someplace like kohl's. When I basically had no credit, I got a card from best buy because I was buying a new TV and wanted to build my credit back up. They only gave me a 500 dollar limit, so I maxed out the card, paid for the rest with cash and then paid down the card on time. Once it was paid off, I would basically buy a game from best buy every month or two and then pay it off on time. After that I got a couple other store cards (kohl's and fry's) before I was able to get a major credit card.

But I was also picky about getting a major credit card because I wasn't going to get one with a high interest rate. Now I've got three major cards: one at 9.99, one at 11.99 and one at 12.99. Two of those cards are also good cash back reward cards. My credit score is also around 790 right now, so I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Just do the 10 day master cleanse while you are over there.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

initial d is s ogood

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Gulag when are we making our farm?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Infinitum posted:

Supernatural