Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

panda clue posted:

everyone remember that 'TheRat' was the one who bitched incessantly about how those filthy casuals were 'getting items they should never be able to get' in perandus league, and then quit because of the same reason. lmao.

Remember when you were known as famous terrible poster "inventor of trees", denied it and posted on both accounts in the last thread to make it look like you weren't both of them:

Kild posted:

But you're already in the goon guild InventorofTreez :confused:

panda clue posted:

You are a weird freak. I haven't been in the goon guild since pre-atziri patch. Enjoy your witch hunt, I guess?

I would post my account name as proof, but I'm not going to for the aforementioned reasons (and because you seem to be mentally unstable).

INTERNET VIDEOGAMES DRAMA

InventorOfTrees posted:

Been waiting for you to bring this here.

:munch:

edit: rip panda, apparently you and I play similar games. That's enough suspicion to set Kild off, though!

rude.

*BURP*

and then posted this once you'd forgotten you were pretending not to be yourself:

panda clue posted:

Phobophilia posted:

Thank you Trees for loving with the redditor's currency tab optimisation posts.
you're welcome

if there is anything reddit likes more than bitching, it is bitching about reddit. the guy who posted the top comment in my thread is the real hero, though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4bo1b3/the_real_dream_currency_stash_tab_based_on_reddit/

Good times, good times.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
remember that time I told the entire guild they were getting scammed into buying someone a headhunter, got called an rear end in a top hat, and then the entire guild was scammed into buying someone a headhunter

megalodong posted:

Good times, good times.

grats on finding a troll post from 2 years ago you loving creep? everyone knows I'm InventorOfTrees (its even my in game account name), this isn't some big conspiracy you just uncovered.

lmao, this thread is getting good now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

a lack of self-awareness posted:

try telling him hes wrong

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Hey guys i'm not this other lovely poster, look he's even posting as well in this thread.

lol it was atroll post lol i cant believe you fell for it when i pretended i wasn't the same person on two accounts.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

megalodong posted:

Hey guys i'm not this other lovely poster, look he's even posting as well in this thread.

lol it was atroll post lol i cant believe you fell for it when i pretended i wasn't the same person on two accounts.

if only I cared enough to go through literally 2 years of your posts :allears:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

megalodong posted:

yes there are trolls on something awful comedy forum. News at 11.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

yes there are trolls on something awful comedy forum. News at 11.

:vince:

i think he is like the 4th person to 'reveal' that I'm IoT in this thread, lol

panda clue fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 23, 2016

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Hey all, guy who registered two accounts after being run out of the wow subforum for being too much of a sperg and pretended to be different people on them, and got another account banned for posting anime bestiality in impzone here. I think you'll find it's actually all of you that are the creeps and weirdos and furthermore it was all just a troll.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
I wish I had prophesied this derail and avoided the thread today. Please take your animosity somewhere else, like POE PVP

panda clue
May 23, 2014

megalodong posted:

Hey all, guy who registered two accounts after being run out of the wow subforum for being too much of a sperg and pretended to be different people on them, and got another account banned for posting anime bestiality in impzone here. I think you'll find it's actually all of you that are the creeps and weirdos and furthermore it was all just a troll.

you've been stalking me for this long and you don't know that I actually have three accounts? :mediocre:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

megalodong posted:

what is dead may never die

panda clue
May 23, 2014
my time has finally come. i will hereby own you by showing the case I've been building against ur posting for the past 3 years of my life...

climboutonalimb posted:

I wish I had prophesied this derail and avoided the thread today.

wait till we get to part 2

panda clue fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 23, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This got really weird really fast

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

Powercreep is not a positive thing. 2.2 was completely ridiculous and they need to do a lot of work to rebalance the game .

game fast, so what

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

shitposting powercreep

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

shitposting powercreep

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

panda clue posted:

my time has finally come. i will hereby own you by showing the case I've been building against ur posting for the past 3 years of my life...

Plot twist, megalodong and panda clue are the same person.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

panda clue posted:

shitposting powercreep

mods

panda clue
May 23, 2014
just make that the 2.3 thread title

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

J
Jun 10, 2001

megalodong posted:

Why is reddit obsessed with slowing down clear speed, as if taking 5 hits to kill a mob makes things more skillful? The amount of "veterans" who haven't got an apex full clear whining about how easy the game has gotten is absurd.

The path of exile subreddit is an echo chamber filled with bitter gitgud poopsockers who say ridiculous things like having a shav's drop isn't exciting because it's "only worth 2 exalts instead of 20+ like it used to be." They are so far out of touch with the typical gameplay of the average player it is insane. Just look at all the armchair game designer posts that use the buzzphrase "the clearspeed meta," as if every player is running around with a voltaxic build.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

J posted:

The path of exile subreddit is an echo chamber filled with bitter gitgud poopsockers who say ridiculous things like having a shav's drop isn't exciting because it's "only worth 2 exalts instead of 20+ like it used to be." They are so ridiculously out of touch with the typical gameplay of the average player it is insane. Just look at all the armchair game designer posts that use the buzzphrase "the clearspeed meta," as if every player is running around with a voltaxic build.

here it is. the Best Post in the thread.

I've never understood what the gently caress people even mean by 'clearspeed meta'. Like, are we supposed to transition into a 'meta' where people don't care about clearspeed or something?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

diablo 3 transplants

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

here it is. the Best Post in the thread.

I've never understood what the gently caress people even mean by 'clearspeed meta'. Like, are we supposed to transition into a 'meta' where people don't care about clearspeed or something?

they probably mean the ultimate limiting factor for gains/hour is clearspeed, which will always be true unless you want to balance mob damage/defense around the players with the very best gear.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheRat posted:

i love when 2 year old passive aggressive drama boils over personally

i hope one of you is brutally destroyed by the other but i dont really care which one

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

panda clue posted:

shitposting powercreep

i take it back i want you to win

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i take it back i want you to win

I have no interest in taking part, so I suppose he wins by default.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

In non-slapfight discussion, Yoji just announced a new unique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGIF6MfC7E0

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

climboutonalimb posted:

In non-slapfight discussion, Yoji just announced a new unique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGIF6MfC7E0
I just started giggling at "IFR and IFQ"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Someday they will stealth add fishing to the game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes...”add”...

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

whypick1 posted:

Yes...”add”...

Don't need much more than a rod and rhoa feather.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ok chaos ice trap isnt a thing now whats another cool build that doesnt cost loads and isnt frustratingly slow

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dreggon posted:

ok chaos ice trap isnt a thing now whats another cool build that doesnt cost loads and isnt frustratingly slow

Voltaxic LA is still going to be super-fast, you'll just have to do at least a little bit to deal with reflect. If you dont want to deal with reflect at all, bladefall traps will still be a thing unless they do something else to fundamentally nerf those. There's also a bunch of different coc builds that might be getting various nerfs related to ascendancy, but considering they were really good before ascendancy they will still be really good in 2.3

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
ZiggyD's spark scion (had a chaos option late game but not required at all) or that goon poison quake juggernaut.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Huh, the recipe for Star of Wraeclast got found: Ruby Ring (unique) + Onyx Amulet (any) + Lightning Warp (Level 20, Corrupted and non-Vaal)

I mean, it makes sense that an item granting a level 20 skill requires a level 20 skill gem to make, but I think I'll pass.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I'm trying to think up a build that focusses on on projectile damage in a CoC setup with quill rain and drillneck.

Barrage - CoC - pierce - spark - Etherial Knives - increased crit

End build should looks soemthing close like This. Having about +200% HP, acrobatics and around 300% proj dmg with drillneck.

My biggest concern is crit capping quill rain without assasin ascendancy.

But just pretend I would be able to get near crit cap, is this still a bad build?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Found an interesting hideout, belonging to one "MakeFireballGreatAgan":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mikojan posted:

I'm trying to think up a build that focusses on on projectile damage in a CoC setup with quill rain and drillneck.

Barrage - CoC - pierce - spark - Etherial Knives - increased crit

End build should looks soemthing close like This. Having about +200% HP, acrobatics and around 300% proj dmg with drillneck.

My biggest concern is crit capping quill rain without assasin ascendancy.

But just pretend I would be able to get near crit cap, is this still a bad build?

Why chain when you have Drillneck + powerful precision and thus need to max pierce? Grab endless munitions instead. The dirty secret about quill coc is that you need an absurd amount of accuracy to not get stuck in yellow maps. You're almost certainly going to need to drop some damage and life nodes to get your crit up. My assassin couldn't get max crit less than 7 power charges with the increased crits gem. I usually end up with low 80s without it.

If my figures are right you need something like 1400% increased crit to cap quill with just the gem.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 10:20 on May 24, 2016

• Locked thread