Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Michaelangelo is cool with this situation. Donatello not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

The turtles were just suits worn by acrors?? :stonk:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Wheany posted:

Just for the stunts.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Wheany posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz3m_7ozhNo

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

"Because Michelle works at a factory for minimum wage, she takes out bank loans to feed her Ninja Turtle obsession!"

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Leonard was always my favorite.

Wheany posted:

Phylodox posted:

Just for the stunts.
What were they the rest of the time?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I remember hearing somewhere that the suits were so hot, the actors' boots literally filled with sweat and so whenever they walked around, they were sloshing around in it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Cage posted:

What were they the rest of the time?

Mutant turtles. Duh.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

PopZeus posted:

"Because Michelle works at a factory for minimum wage, she takes out bank loans to feed her Ninja Turtle obsession!"

how does she still have credit

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

PopZeus posted:

She's a true American hero. :911:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

how does she still have credit

Isn't the American banking system rigged in such a way your credit score is actually better if you get a loan?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

Isn't the American banking system rigged in such a way your credit score is actually better if you get a loan?

My credit score's biggest down grade, based on my credit report, is not having enough credit cards. It counts store credit cards too, which gives me 3 cards total. The report recommended I kick it up 7.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Honest Thief posted:

If you get a loan then proceed to slowly pay it off over the duration. If you take out a loan then immediately pay it back that's actually worse for your credit.

Our childhood dreams came true, we are already living in a scifi dystopia.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MacheteZombie posted:

My credit score's biggest down grade, based on my credit report, is not having enough credit cards. It counts store credit cards too, which gives me 3 cards total. The report recommended I kick it up 7.

I only have one so I guess I'm just super hosed then.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The first thing I thought when I saw this picture wasn't anything having to do with Ninja Turtles. It was "Hey isn't that the referee from the end of Karate Kid?" definitively proving that Karate Kid apparently was a bigger deal to me as a child.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie posted:

How the gently caress does this even work, like I know that you can "grind" your score by demonstrating an interest in buying a lot and an ability to pay it off, but I always figured that meant you got one credit card, paid it off immediately, and accepted the limit increases when they got offered. So like, I've just got the one card, and it's been enough to pass a credit check for a rent-stabilized apartment in Manhattan. Is this poo poo like, an option that's only available to me because I got super lucky in avoiding any student debt or such, and other folks have to go to plan B and get seven loving cards?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

How the gently caress does this even work, like I know that you can "grind" your score by demonstrating an interest in buying a lot and an ability to pay it off, but I always figured that meant you got one credit card, paid it off immediately, and accepted the limit increases when they got offered. So like, I've just got the one card, and it's been enough to pass a credit check for a rent-stabilized apartment in Manhattan. Is this poo poo like, an option that's only available to me because I got super lucky in avoiding any student debt or such, and other folks have to go to plan B and get seven loving cards?

Oh I don't know, I have decent credit, get great interest rates on the few loans I've taken out (loving wedding expenses). It was just the "do this to improve your credit" recommendation my credit report had. I was so confused by it too.
you'd imagine not extending your credit all over town would be preferable, but I guess not!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm surprised gamification isn't employed more openly in showing your "grind" for credit points in bright colors on the Discover website. Trick people into more consumption with meaningless badges.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Electromax posted:

I'm surprised gamification isn't employed more openly in showing your "grind" for credit points in bright colors on the Discover website. Trick people into more consumption with meaningless badges.

Wouldn't surprise me if creditkarma or whatever doesn't already reward people with achievements for certain credit milestones.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

MacheteZombie posted:

Oh I don't know, I have decent credit, get great interest rates on the few loans I've taken out (loving wedding expenses). It was just the "do this to improve your credit" recommendation my credit report had. I was so confused by it too.
you'd imagine not extending your credit all over town would be preferable, but I guess not!

They probably were suggesting more cards for you because you'll have relatively low initial available credit on each one, so all together it will give you a significant enough increase in available credit. Of course, then you run into the issue of having accounts that are too recent, which seems to also pull down your credit. 7 is probably the magic number where the bonus from available credit outweighs the drag from new accounts.

This is all probably going to be the base plot point of Ben Affleck's movie The Accountant later this year.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Like all tweakers, Michaelangelo is always cool.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I have a score in the mid-700s, I've only ever had one credit card and I've never carried a balance on it.

Credit scores are completely made up.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My highest was 805.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I have no idea what my credit score is, but I assume it's terrible because I'm boycotting my student loan payments.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

computer parts posted:

I have a score in the mid-700s, I've only ever had one credit card and I've never carried a balance on it.

You can have a high credit score and still get turned down for loans/get lovely rates due to sparse credit history.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Slugworth posted:

You can have a high credit score and still get turned down for loans/get lovely rates due to sparse credit history.

That is true, but that is independent from the actual score.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

computer parts posted:

Sure, you can go get a good score by being responsible. But it's faster and more American to just do a bunch of dumb poo poo that pumps your score quick before eventually coming back to bite you in the rear end.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Charles Roven's role as producer for the DCEU is "evolving" says The Hollywood Reporter

quote:

Charles Roven, the veteran producer who has worked on every DC Comics movie at Warner Bros. since 2005’s Batman Begins, is no longer producing certain DC movies, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Talks are underway to have Roven — who was a producer on Zack Snyder's Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, as well as the recently completed Suicide Squad, next year's Wonder Woman and Justice League — segue to a different role going forward, likely that of an executive producer who is not involved in day-to-day production. However, he potentially could continue to be a producer on some sequels to the movies he's currently producing.

The extent of Roven's involvement, and which titles he would work on, is "evolving," according to multiple sources, who also stress that no final decisions have been made.

"Roven is a key member of not only the DC slate but of the Warner Bros. family," says a studio spokesman.

Roven, an experienced producer whose career dates back to the 1980s, has a producer credit on the three Batman movies directed by Christopher Nolan and 2013’s Man of Steel. He also is a producer on Suicide Squad, which Warners hopes will re-energize its DC movies when it opens in August; Wonder Woman, which is set to be released in June 2017; and Justice League, scheduled for November 2017.

Roven has established himself as a savvy player who knows how to manage the armies it takes to make modern, big-budget, visual effects-heavy tentpoles. But he was part of the unofficial brain trust with Snyder on the DC movies, an approach Warners seems to be rethinking in the wake of BvS's less than stellar performance.

One reason for the shift in thinking is that Warner Bros. wants to ramp up the number of DC productions, and sources say it would be physically impossible for one man to handle pre-, post- and production on multiple movies in locations ranging from Australia to Los Angeles to Louisiana to London.

Roven was slated to be a producer on The Flash and Aquaman, two DC films that have yet to go into production and could end up shooting on opposite ends of the planet. Sources tell THR he will no longer serve in that capacity on those films.

Roven remains on set for Justice League: Part 1, currently shooting in London, although Warners now has sent Berg to also oversee the day-to-day production of that movie.

There's also rumors from a random site that WB is so confident in Suicide Squad that is considering multiple spinoffs with its characters like the Joker and Captain Boomerang.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A Captain Boomerang movie should be Shoot 'Em Up but with boomerangs. Boomerangs should solve all problems he faces. Also instead of carrots, he will drink beer all the time and be increasingly wasted as the story progresses.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The MSJ posted:

A Captain Boomerang movie should be Shoot 'Em Up but with boomerangs. Boomerangs should solve all problems he faces. Also instead of carrots, he will drink beer all the time and be increasingly wasted as the story progresses.

Only if instead of a baby he's protecting a dingo.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There's also rumors from a random site that WB is so confident in Suicide Squad that is considering multiple spinoffs with its characters

Okay...

quote:

like the Joker

godfucking dammit

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Crion posted:

Okay...

godfucking dammit

There was already zero chance we weren't going to see a significant amount more of Leto Joker. At the minimum in the Batfleck movie but likely even if they did a Harley Quinn spin-off as well. They didn't cast Leto as Joker and haven't been putting him front and center for a supporting role in Suicide Squad, if they are doing a shared film universe Joker is going to be their Loki but even more prominent.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Let's be entirely honest, they would have done the same with Ledger if they could have.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

There was already zero chance we weren't going to see a significant amount more of Leto Joker. At the minimum in the Batfleck movie but likely even if they did a Harley Quinn spin-off as well. They didn't cast Leto as Joker and haven't been putting him front and center for a supporting role in Suicide Squad, if they are doing a shared film universe Joker is going to be their Loki but even more prominent.

This better not lead to live action Injustice because IMO Injustice loving sucked.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Honest Thief posted:

Much of the American economy runs on the basis that everyone is in debt to each other. Finances are such that if a large enough chunk of people start being responsible with their money than money stops changing hands between banks, lenders, and debt collectors, which could cause a significant market crash.

On the other hand, all shell games have an expiration date, and sooner or later no one can repay what they owe, which is how the financial crisis of 2008 happened, and the money stopped changing hands anyway.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Crion posted:

Okay...

godfucking dammit

It would have been absolutely shocking if it was a one-off thing.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
It would have, but it not being a one-off thing is still bad

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015