Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've already quit :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Hy_C posted:

Awakenings announced to be released not soon but in a loving long time for the sake of pvp balance. Lmao.

I told you this like two weeks ago and you didn't believe. Enjoy your wait!

DancingShade posted:

Who here honestly expects to still be playing at that point?

I mean, we're a fickle bunch at the best of times.

I probably will. Overwatch just dropped and Legion is coming soon™, so BDO's not my main focus right this minute, but it's still fun and it's easy to scale down your active time with all the system tray afk type poo poo.

Speaking of, has anyone looked into afk farming now that workers can tend gardens?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Speaking of, has anyone looked into afk farming now that workers can tend gardens?

I'm contrib-poor so I only have 1 large farm running, but I've had a giant tending to it ever since that patch hit. It's hit or miss in my opinion. Workers won't level while gardening, and it feels like mine runs out of stamina really fast. Like, "in 4 hours he heads back to his lodging" fast.

Edit: I should mention that I've been growing 10x "1 slot" plants in my garden which each have a chance to need pruning/etc. I'd assume that a garden with 5x "2 slot" plants would cause the worker to burn stamina half as fast, since fewer actions would need to be taken in a given timeframe. The whole "no worker exp gained" thing is irritating though.

Pointless to have a worker assigned to your garden overnight since the plants will grow in to 120% just fine, but worth assigning if you, say, get home from work, harvest seeds, immediately replant and want to collect a normal harvest before replanting and going afk for the night.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 24, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
drinkfist found a fun bug with his garden

if he put plants on the corners of his farm, his worker would pick them up, destroy the rest of his plants, and send his farm to his bank

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

drinkfist found a fun bug with his garden

if he put plants on the corners of his farm, his worker would pick them up, destroy the rest of his plants, and send his farm to his bank

it puts the plants in the center or it gets sent back!

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Hahaha. Welp, sounds like I should continue to avoid farming

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

When I heard about assigning workers to farms I initially assumed they'd at least harvest for you. Farming remains way too much micromanagement bullshit for me to bother with.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
You might not want to harvest things at certain times, and you have to choices when you harvest. I suppose you could create a system where you can send your workers to do one particular thing(breed or harvest), but it'd have to be specific enough for people growing multiple crops to pick and choose what they're doing. Since crops take like 6 goddamn hours to grow just having my workers prune them so they never stop cause of issues is enough for me.

With no sub, I have a hard time not imagining this game as something people put down and come back to unless they're super involved in the PvP arms race. I do think with Node Wars comin' up those people will get very engaged, cause holding your castle has a pretty strong pride element to it.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Grondoth posted:

You might not want to harvest things at certain times, and you have to choices when you harvest. I suppose you could create a system where you can send your workers to do one particular thing(breed or harvest), but it'd have to be specific enough for people growing multiple crops to pick and choose what they're doing. Since crops take like 6 goddamn hours to grow just having my workers prune them so they never stop cause of issues is enough for me.

They should add a dropdown or checkboxes for "tend garden | gather seeds | harvest" when selecting which worker to send to a garden. Problem solved.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Grondoth posted:

With no sub, I have a hard time not imagining this game as something people put down and come back to unless they're super involved in the PvP arms race. I do think with Node Wars comin' up those people will get very engaged, cause holding your castle has a pretty strong pride element to it.

Agreed. Node wars epeen is another reason to have one guild be pve and one be pvp, imo. But I'll be there either way.

Edit: scratch that, I just found out the Elite Dangerous content patch drops Thursday and I'm parked on the wrong side of the galaxy. DEUCES NERDS

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 24, 2016

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Doom and Overwatch are way too good you guys.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I think you mean Warhammer Total War.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Not being able to access the NPC market within 10 minutes of login is some of the stupidest bullshit I ever did see in a videogame. This bullshit is compounded by the fact that if you start to change characters or channels and then remember you have stuff to sell first, no matter how early you smack that cancel button, it's almost always going to do it anyway, even after the timer stops and you exit the menu. And occasionally when that happens, you get locked up mid transfer with neverending LUA error popups. The menus in this game are the loving best!

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 25, 2016

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

randombattle posted:

Doom and Overwatch are way too good you guys.

Waiting for Doom to be $15, and I find Overwatch to be the least compelling good game I've played in a long time, which so far has kept me from buying it.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
i just got out of ICU so i'm now un-awol except for the part where i can't walk much irl for a few weeks

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lewtt posted:

i just got out of ICU so i'm now un-awol except for the part where i can't walk much irl for a few weeks
Take care.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

lewtt posted:

Stay safe great leader

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

lewtt posted:

I hope everything is okay or on it's way being so.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

lewtt posted:

Did a rival guild kneecap you? Or was a goon trying to usurp your power?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

MH Knights posted:

Did a rival guild kneecap you? Or was a goon trying to usurp your power?

not as interesting but way funnier

i took a whole lot of loving ambien. i blacked out. i fell 30 feet out a window. i crawled 100 yards to the river with what looks like iraqi vet war wounds. i blacked out again. i woke up in ICU trauma center about 22 hours later with some bruises and perfectly intact body. i was medically clear for release that same day except the part where i couldn't really walk much

i don't remember important details like "why didn't you use the loving stairway lewtt", "how/why did you walk to the riverside lewtt", "why did you take so much ambien you don't even remember the moment you discovered you were immortal lewtt" or "why isn't my contract refreshed lewtt"

the ambien tells me i don't need the answer to these questions. and i trust it with my life

considering i don't remember poo poo, this poker match with death is surreal and loving hilarious to me

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
drinkfist where do i sign up for my purple hearts. i was fighting the good fight against something

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
My AFK auto looping wagon for training horses managed to get itself stuck on a fence that was a fair way past where the auto path ended.

:shrug:

Korea game!

Sorry that's insensitive. I should be more culturally aware as there are plenty of bad western games too.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Glad you appear to be alright after all that. Hope you can stay away from that crap also, I hear too many bad stories about it.

DancingShade posted:

My AFK auto looping wagon for training horses managed to get itself stuck on a fence that was a fair way past where the auto path ended.

I've figured out the best method is to use alt+right click and backtrack a waypoint along your auto path from the first spot you turn around at, before you hit the auto loop button. It causes you to turn more sharply and not get caught on things if you do it correctly.

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 25, 2016

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Opinionated posted:

I've figured out the best method is to use alt+right click and backtrack a waypoint along your auto path from the first spot you turn around at, before you hit the auto loop button. It causes you to turn more sharply and not get caught on things if you do it correctly.

I do this and then watch it complete a loop or two just to be sure, and I've still experienced what DancingShade is talking about. The game sometimes just decides autopath is for chumps and goes rogue.

I've also had an issue lately with the game consistently crashing a few minutes after I set up an autoloop and go to bed. I don't know if it's the new Merchant Wagon or Heidel or Balenos O1 again, but there's something it doesn't like. It's done it three nights running. Which is particularly nasty since the game spools the GPU up to max when it crashes to the main menu. The whole idea is for the game to run in the system tray in a near idle state at night, not to perform loving stress tests on my machine when no one is awake to keep an eye on it. :argh:

Oh and I'm glad you're not dead, Lewtt. Your tale of trials cracked me the gently caress up last night. If it's any consolation I can't walk right now either, blew my knees out this weekend trying to keep up with in-shape people at laser tag. At least you got a fun ambien trip out of it!

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 25, 2016

Doc Cunado
Mar 16, 2009

Pro tip: Set all your settings to lowest setting(optimization mode) overnight while afk. If it crashes it will still spool higher but shouldn't melt your PC

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Doc Cunado posted:

Pro tip: Set all your settings to lowest setting(optimization mode) overnight while afk. If it crashes it will still spool higher but shouldn't melt your PC

Thanks, I'll try this

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Usually the autoloop fails like that because some rear end in a top hat auto-pathed right into your loop and just stopped which hung your horse/wagon up and then they end up trying to go around which causes the hang up. Kill all AFKers.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I do this and then watch it complete a loop or two just to be sure, and I've still experienced what DancingShade is talking about. The game sometimes just decides autopath is for chumps and goes rogue.

I've also had an issue lately with the game consistently crashing a few minutes after I set up an autoloop and go to bed. I don't know if it's the new Merchant Wagon or Heidel or Balenos O1 again, but there's something it doesn't like. It's done it three nights running. Which is particularly nasty since the game spools the GPU up to max when it crashes to the main menu. The whole idea is for the game to run in the system tray in a near idle state at night, not to perform loving stress tests on my machine when no one is awake to keep an eye on it. :argh:

Oh and I'm glad you're not dead, Lewtt. Your tale of trials cracked me the gently caress up last night. If it's any consolation I can't walk right now either, blew my knees out this weekend trying to keep up with in-shape people at laser tag. At least you got a fun ambien trip out of it!

Ambient is real life autopathing. I wouldn't exactly call that fun.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Pro tip: Set all your settings to lowest setting(optimization mode) overnight before taking ambien. If you crash it will drag you to the nearest phone but still melt your legs

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Glad you're alright lewt, at least you got a good story out of it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the best part of this story is he is going to keep on taking ambien and end up in tcc.txt

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
If you take the prescribed dose you don't fall out of windows though

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

flyboi posted:

If you take the prescribed dose you don't fall out of windows though

Yea exactly, whats even the point then?

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
When should I join a guild? Immediately? I just started playing a couple of days ago as a Sorcerer and don't really have much direction on what I should be doing.

EDIT: Family name is Eturna. I made my character on Orwen/Balenos01

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 27, 2016

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

You might as well join asap. You'll get nice buffs and a little money every day, and low levels can help out with some of the guild missions.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Turn A posted:

When should I join a guild? Immediately? I just started playing a couple of days ago as a Sorcerer and don't really have much direction on what I should be doing.

EDIT: Family name is Eturna. I made my character on Orwen/Balenos01

Goontang probably. People are leaving parks and rec to go to goontang because all we do is level up horses.

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

I'd like an invite to Goontang; another ParksNRecs refugee. EvilDoll, family Goratrix.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Did I miss something? a week ago we were an active guild, I come back from a few days of work and we have half as many people and the only ones that are left either havent logged in in a week or more or are perpetually afk

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Hi posted:

Did I miss something? a week ago we were an active guild, I come back from a few days of work and we have half as many people and the only ones that are left either havent logged in in a week or more or are perpetually afk

I've noticed the same thing on my server/guild. I'm guessing with the release of overwatch there may be a lull in BDO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

People keep asking me to play Overwatch in the morning and when I look up its 1 am.