Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Moon Slayer posted:

"That'll come in handy when I'm on Imaginary Jeopardy" is pretty much dozerfleet.txt.

It could be the tagline for a solid 50% of their episodes honestly.

Oooooh, idea that won't fome to fruition: an F Plus combo-game Jeopardy / Wheel of Fortune / Family Feud. I'll make the wiki AHHHA post.

Runaway Inflation for $600: This is a classification of sugar known to cause breast augmentation.

Title: _ _ _ _ E R N _ _ T L _ N E _ _

Top 4 answers are on the board! What are the crucial ingredients in Deep-Fried Stuffing on a Stick?

42 pts - Oil, so you can [i]FRYYYYYY/i]
27 pts - Twelve wooden ice cream sticks
15 pts - Eggs (smashed with a fist)
10 pts - Straw, to get in there and slurp it up

Any vegetable is an X, those go straight in the garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Alaois posted:

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this

You're very welcome.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been listening to old episodes, and I think Adam reading the Cloud Hat as a sleepy melting snowman in the WhyNot episode is underrated.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

kalensc posted:

Runaway Inflation for $600: This is a classification of sugar known to cause breast augmentation.

Title: _ _ _ _ E R N _ _ T L _ N E _ _
This has to be a mistake. The answer is Grade gently caress.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
What really gets me about Dozerfleet is how friggin' self-contained he is. The way the wiki just lumps everything together from his "pitches" to his homework to the girls he's encountered makes it all seem completely disconnected from the actual world, like some horrible TV show that I never want to see. The Chris-Chan wiki is kinda like that too, even if its type of horribleness is completely different.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

What really gets me about Dozerfleet is how friggin' self-contained he is. The way the wiki just lumps everything together from his "pitches" to his homework to the girls he's encountered makes it all seem completely disconnected from the actual world, like some horrible TV show that I never want to see. The Chris-Chan wiki is kinda like that too, even if its type of horribleness is completely different.

Some sort of horrible self-inflicted Truman Show as a wiki

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

Some sort of [s]horrible[\s] wobderful self-inflicted Truman Show as a wiki

He's a man who can't stop making content that has an inexplicable anti-liberals leaning. I blame Captain Planet.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Djeser posted:

dozerfleet is the weirdest secret the tv tropes thread ever coughed up

That was an amazing day week in that thread.

Dozerfleet is so good. I still like Boots' joke in the first episode where he says there are widths to that wiki. I also love Bunnybread's "I'm Matt Taibbi" joke in that one.

This new one was good, but I think not quite as good as the first one, but holy poo poo when they went to Dozerfleet's TV Tropes page. I'm excited for Trapezoid Kids. :v:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I would love a Chris-chan episode, but it's kind of been tainted by the assholes trolling him, a lot of which are arguably way worse than him.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I would love a Chris-chan episode, but it's kind of been tainted by the assholes trolling him, a lot of which are arguably way worse than him.

Chris-chan has a developmental disability was raised terribly by emotionally abusive parents in a broken trash home, and the trolling was basically the modern equivalent of people going to bedlam to throw rocks at the loonies. Best not to add to it at this point, even indirectly.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Trapezoid Kids and Stationery Warriors are the kind of thing that could be cute and charming coming from a small child or a well-meaning old person but is just terrifying when it's coming from a mentally ill 20 year-old dude who has to find a way to make everything about :argh:LIBERALS!!!!:argh:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Guy Mann posted:

a mentally ill 20 year-old dude
I know that a lot of this stuff is from his college projects, but he's still going strong at age 33.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I've been listening to old episodes, and I think Adam reading the Cloud Hat as a sleepy melting snowman in the WhyNot episode is underrated.

Adam's going away now. Bye Adam!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cloooooooooud Haaaaaaat.....

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

This is part of why SA and other 'reputable comedy sites' have a strict "Don't touch the poop." policy.

Harassing the subjects kills the joke, and nothing good can ever come out of it. Among many other problems.

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

Sham bam bamina! posted:

he's still going strong at age 33.

jesus loving christ

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Testiclops posted:

jesus loving christ

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Testiclops posted:

jesus loving christ

I know, right?

gecs
Oct 23, 2010

Djeser posted:

dozerfleet is the weirdest secret the tv tropes thread ever coughed up

Anybody remember which TV Tropes thread and roughly what page to find all this in?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=421380825

:tipshat:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've never listened to the fplus sings but I might now

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

EmmyOk posted:

It's one of the best episodes IMHO.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
One of the weirder things is that despite him constantly filling us in on his educational history, past acquaintances, and other such extremely personal trivia in order to explain how he came up with these stupid things, he still always refers to himself as "The Dozerfleet Founder" in the third person, as if using "I" would just make things TOO personal. Like that's the one thing keeping the reader from realizing the Dozerfleet wiki is a wiki for things that don't exist and never will exist, and it's all just a portal into the head of a deeply odd individual.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

If you told me a day ago that I would be spending my afternoon willingly watching a cable-access thriller by a crazy person who isn't Neil Breen I wouldn't have believed you, yet here I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-P4MReSb-s

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Okay real talk, when the episode started and that "parody" """""song""""" kicked in, I thought that was just Jack Chick singing from really far away while taking a piss or something. It wasn't until the introductions that I realized that was actually Dozerfleet or whoever singing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like that his sense of humor with his song parodies is "Wouldn't it be funny if the guy sang about killing people? Cuz that's not what the song was about but now it's a different thing!"

It's not like you even have to have a super advanced sense of humor at the basis of a song parody, man. Weird Al has been doing well with puns for 30 years.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Never mind.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 25, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

EmmyOk posted:

It's a super great episode, do it!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The "How to get a girl to lift you" reading in Lift and Carry is amazing. Legendary goofs flying everywhere.

gecs
Oct 23, 2010

Thank you kindly.

Also, holy loving poo poo. I never actually took the time to read much of this guy's content. From the two episodes, I was picturing this guy as a pathetic, lonely, self-important idiot that was still mostly harmless at the end of the day. But then I see stuff like his bat-poo poo political screeds and violent attitudes toward sexuality, and suddenly the picture becomes much darker.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

gecs posted:

Thank you kindly.

Also, holy loving poo poo. I never actually took the time to read much of this guy's content. From the two episodes, I was picturing this guy as a pathetic, lonely, self-important idiot that was still mostly harmless at the end of the day. But then I see stuff like his bat-poo poo political screeds and violent attitudes toward sexuality, and suddenly the picture becomes much darker.

Did you miss his creepy-rear end newsletter to a girl he once kinda knew?

gecs
Oct 23, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Did you miss his creepy-rear end newsletter to a girl he once kinda knew?

Most of that came across to me as "pathetic, obsessive dumb-rear end who can't take a loving hint". It wasn't at the levels of women getting their heads cut off or sentenced to sexual slavery, though.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

RyokoTK posted:

It's a super great episode, do it!

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

gecs posted:

Thank you kindly.

Someone in the PYF claims to have gone to school with him, granted it could be stdh.txt but they describe him as exactly as creepy and threatening as a guy who makes wiki entires about girls he talked to a decade ago would be.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The main thing I remember about F Plus Sings is that "Helping first to myself then others indeed" is the most awkward sentence structure I've ever heard.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm a warrior! I gently caress off the door!!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

L E T M E H E A R Y O U H O L L E R

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I'll remit you~~~

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
something's rg wit me tonite

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I said something similar about the lizardman episode but Dozerfleet is probably my favorite internet craziness. It's so in-depth but at the end of the day utterly harmless. Some crazies like money moms or unschoolers are obviously fun to mock but they're really awful people at the end of the day. Dozerfleet is so wonderfully benign and poo poo, if he's happy writing this word salad who cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I dunno if benign is the right word for the stalkery obsession, right wing ranting, fear of sex, and fascination with excessive violence. Maybe more like impotent.