Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

CommonShore posted:

Beauty and the Beast.

No-one's a dick like Gaston,
Deserves a kick like Gaston,
Nobody makes you incredibly sick like Gaston!
(I'm especially good at mansplaining!)
My, what a oval office, that Gaston!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Also Japan is a pretty loving racist country.

Hence the appeal to the tweet poster.

Also, anyone who uses the phrase "TRUE Americans" has no valid opinions.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

This guy I have on facebook posted this:

which I found annoying, but I wasn't sure if it was annoying by itself or just because he is an annoying person, so I ended up looking at some of his greatest hits that I may as well re-post here.

(That single Like there is his wife.)

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 01:52 on May 25, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

So many different strains of obnoxious prick all evident in one person.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The strictest, most fundamentalist Muslim I personally know is Japanese. His parents were native Japanese citizens but worked in one of the Soviet -stans(I forget which one off the top of my head) and converted there, and he was raised part there and part in Japan.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The strictest, most fundamentalist Muslim I personally know is Japanese. His parents were native Japanese citizens but worked in one of the Soviet -stans(I forget which one off the top of my head) and converted there, and he was raised part there and part in Japan.

That reminds me, isn't it widely believed that Kim Jong-il was born somewhere in the Soviet Union or Russia?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This guy I have on facebook posted this:

which I found annoying, but I wasn't sure if it was annoying by itself or just because he is an annoying person, so I ended up looking at some of his greatest hits that I may as well re-post here.

(That single Like there is his wife.)

I went from, "yeah, that's a little obnoxious, but processed foods are generally cheaper than their healthier alternatives, and at least he admits he's too lazy to make his own healthy food," to, "gently caress you, you lazy, miserable, piece of trash. Oh you're a veteran too, good for you. I'm so happy that you choose to claim your opinions as 'someone who enlisted,' so that your awfulness gets associated with everyone else who chose to serve, in some sort of appeal to authority that is just loving flaccid. You're so far up your own rear end that you're in danger of choking on your loving head."

He's like a perfect storm of obnoxious, every single thing he could do to piss me off, he nails. At least only his wife is giving him 'pity likes' on some of his worst stuff

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I stared into the abyss and it farted into my eye.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

There seems to be a bunch of stories all over this forum of fat, lazy, entitled arsehole military people.

I am not military myself, (never served, never will), but I don't understand it. I thought the military was supposed to beat that poo poo out of you, and give you discipline, and physical fitness etc.

lovely political opinions aside, how do fat lazy entitled people survive in the army/navy/whatever? Surely if the military lifestyle wouldn't harden them up, then the other people in their platoon or whatever would get tired of their poo poo very quickly and sort them out.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BrigadierSensible posted:

There seems to be a bunch of stories all over this forum of fat, lazy, entitled arsehole military people.

I am not military myself, (never served, never will), but I don't understand it. I thought the military was supposed to beat that poo poo out of you, and give you discipline, and physical fitness etc.

lovely political opinions aside, how do fat lazy entitled people survive in the army/navy/whatever? Surely if the military lifestyle wouldn't harden them up, then the other people in their platoon or whatever would get tired of their poo poo very quickly and sort them out.

What do you think happens when you tell a large group of people, regardless of performance or merit, that every single one of them are heroes deserving of complete admiration and respect? It's the same thing that would happen to anyone who is constantly told how great they are by everyone they meet solely on the basis of Being A Thing.

As for "sorting them out", it's the same reason lazy shifters get by in any number of large organizations. It's a beauracracy. Personal accountability for anything is low (unless scapegoat is needed for something). Nobody cares so much that you aren't pulling your weight as long as you aren't directly making their life harder. It's easier to ignore you or make you someone else's problem. In short: nobody gives a gently caress. The only time the hammer really comes down is if someone is loving up in combat situations repeatedly. But most military members don't perform a combat role, and those who do and aren't hacking it can be just transferred into truck driving to keep loving up there instead.

Meme Poker Party has a new favorite as of 05:35 on May 25, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Chomp8645 posted:

As for "sorting them out", it's the same reason lazy shifters get by in any number of large organizations. It's a beauracracy. Personal accountability for anything is low (unless scapegoat is needed for something). Nobody cares so much that you aren't pulling your weight as long as you aren't directly making their life harder. It's easier to ignore you or make you someone else's problem. In short: nobody gives a gently caress. The only time the hammer really comes down is if someone is loving up in combat situations repeatedly. But most military members don't perform a combat role, and those who do and aren't hacking it can be just transferred into truck driving to keep loving up there instead.

Also to no one's surprise nepotism runs deep in the military and a lot of people get into positions they really shouldn't have, and wield power over people they shouldn't solely because they know a guy or are family.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think I've ever once met a teenager who actually thought they "knew everything".

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think I've ever once met a teenager who actually thought they "knew everything".

Seriously? I mean, I definitely had periods in my teens where I thought I knew everything, especially because I had access to the internet. The internet makes you stupid.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I got given an actual, street sign-quality version of that for Christmas from my aunt about five years ago. I would've been 18-19.

I was a dead-quiet (for reasons of having nothing I'd really want to talk to family about), humble full-time student that only ever left home to go to school/university at the time, and wouldn't get a job that allowed me to move out until this year. But it strikes me as a bad gift for basically anyone, if not even worse when my parents decided it would be fun to hang it up in the daily path of my little sister who struggles to hold a consistent job due to depression.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

chitoryu12 posted:

I didn't know everything. But i sure did believe i knew everything worth knowing (and i said those exact words a couple times)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

When I was a teenager, I swore I would grow up remembering what it was like, and not end up as one of those judgmental adults how think teenagers are shitbags.

I still remember that and I hate teenagers now.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm assuming people who post "dambnabit kids these days" stuff were in fact little shits growing up.

Just like people who post those "don't be bad in relationship" posts are horrible SOs.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

When I was a teenager, I swore I would grow up remembering what it was like, and not end up as one of those judgmental adults how think teenagers are shitbags.

I still remember that and I hate teenagers now.

Yeah, I remember what I was like as a teenager, and I'm 100% certain that if I got in a time machine and went back and met teenage me, I would hate him. Teenagers are the worst.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm also pretty biased because I work in a zoo gift shop and we're getting 500+ teenagers with no supervision let loose each day right now and holy poo poo, do they ever gently caress things up. Give 50 teenagers 5 minutes in a gift shop and it will look like it was slammed by Hurricane Katrina.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

quote:

gently caress YOUR PERPETUATION OF THE "BRONIES AREN'T REALLY OPPRESSED MYTH" YOU PRIVILEGED FUCKS. I COULDN'T GET A JOB BECAUSE OF MY BRONY ARMBAND.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, I remember what I was like as a teenager, and I'm 100% certain that if I got in a time machine and went back and met teenage me, I would hate him. Teenagers are the worst.

I believe that's true of everyone. If you aren't at least a bit embarrassed by yourself at 14, you are either unconscious or still 14.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

Getting mad at teenagers for that poo poo is ridiculous and petty but... did you talk to any other teenagers when you were that age? They can be some arrogant mother fuckers once they get involved in their first few life philosophies. I know I sure as hell was. I mean most wouldn't claim to "know everything" but the statement isn't supposed to be taken literally

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

This is amazing. Armbands of any type during an interview would probably get a rejection letter to be fair.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

DemeaninDemon posted:

This is amazing. Armbands of any type during an interview would probably get a rejection letter to be fair.

The fact that you think it's any different from religious wear is the most vile fursecution. Would you tell someone they couldn't wear their yarmulke or hijab to an interview?

Actually there's probably no shortage of potential employers where that's unfortunately good advice. :smith:

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
You have a fair point comparing brony band to a religious garment. Though I'm all for persecution of furries and dudes who want to hump ponies.

Now I'm picturing some short, greasy fat dude in cargo shorts, fedora, ill-fitting sport coat, and a brony arm band. Thanks rear end in a top hat.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM has a new favorite as of 11:14 on May 25, 2016

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Gridlocked posted:

drat why are so many people paranoid that drug companies are out to vacuum all their money away by selling them dodgy treatments; or worse to infect them with evil diseases so they can then sell them back the dodgy treatments.

They probably believe drug companies are up to evil super science for profit like the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Getting mad at teenagers for that poo poo is ridiculous and petty but... did you talk to any other teenagers when you were that age? They can be some arrogant mother fuckers once they get involved in their first few life philosophies. I know I sure as hell was. I mean most wouldn't claim to "know everything" but the statement isn't supposed to be taken literally

I usually heard "I'm smarter than most adults I know" as the version of "know everything" when I was that age.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I want this to be fake very badly

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cash crab posted:

I want this to be fake very badly

With Bronies, nothing is fake.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I usually heard "I'm smarter than most adults I know" as the version of "know everything" when I was that age.

It isn't very hard for this to be true considering most adults haven't learned anything since high school and didn't know much then, either.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kit Walker posted:

It isn't very hard for this to be true considering most adults haven't learned anything since high school and didn't know much then, either.

Good thing we goons are the exception to this am I right fellas?

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
what program do people use to grab posts off facebook?

e:

A friend shared a link to the page "Illuminati Killers" and I got this mildly interesting thing. It's been a while since I listened to anything by NWA but I don't remember them talking about the new world order very often, and I'm pretty sure they were big on the money and demeaning women thing. So far a total of 3 people liked it.

and thanks for the tip, turns out the imgur extension lets me screencap just part of the screen

mmj has a new favorite as of 16:57 on May 25, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mmj posted:

Social Fixer is the name hiding one but I just take screenshots.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I've seen this before but I get equally angry every time.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Cleretic posted:

I got given an actual, street sign-quality version of that for Christmas from my aunt about five years ago. I would've been 18-19.

I was a dead-quiet (for reasons of having nothing I'd really want to talk to family about), humble full-time student that only ever left home to go to school/university at the time, and wouldn't get a job that allowed me to move out until this year. But it strikes me as a bad gift for basically anyone, if not even worse when my parents decided it would be fun to hang it up in the daily path of my little sister who struggles to hold a consistent job due to depression.

It's idiotic because the same generation going "well back in our day..." and such relating to stuff like that are the reason that today's youth can't easily do those things.

Youth unemployment is just ludicrous right now, entry level positions are drat hard to find, minimum wage is garbage, and the rent goes up every year.

But you know, it's teenagers' fault.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Considering how many adults are anti-vaxxers, Trump voters, or sovereign citizens, I wouldn't be surprised if there are plenty of teenagers out there who are smarter than a lot of adults. My company got two high school students through a public school internship program and they've had a better drive and performance in the office than many of the adults who have come and gone over the years here. There's a whole lot of incredibly stupid adults.

I think it's more like teenagers are at the age where they're starting to realize that their parents and authority figures aren't necessarily right about everything and begin questioning their decisions and knowledge.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

oldpainless posted:

Good thing we goons are the exception to this am I right fellas?

Excuse me, the term is "man-children."

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

I think it's more like teenagers are at the age where they're starting to realize that their parents and authority figures aren't necessarily right about everything and begin questioning their decisions and knowledge.

More like teenagers get a little knowledge, but don't have the wisdom or experience to use that knowledge.

Proof they know everything - the knowledge that getting a roommate helps with bills and is a fiscally sound solution.
Proof they know nothing - all the terrible roommates everyone has in their 20's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

mmj posted:

e:

A friend shared a link to the page "Illuminati Killers" and I got this mildly interesting thing. It's been a while since I listened to anything by NWA but I don't remember them talking about the new world order very often, and I'm pretty sure they were big on the money and demeaning women thing. So far a total of 3 people liked it.

and thanks for the tip, turns out the imgur extension lets me screencap just part of the screen

Link him to this 80's rap pioneer: LL Cool J-Jenny Got a Big Ol' Butt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84LUpG6ieis