Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Dias posted:

Yes that is why we are talking about it: Aoko The Teenage Witch Aozaki.

but nah, of course not

Jesus, how can they set the most lenient and lazy release schedule for themselves and still be that lazy about it? It's almost too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm almost entirely sure they're gonna announce the character at Combo Breaker and they'll be available the day after the announcement because they're gonna be free since Capcom still hasn't gotten the Zenny shop up.

Which begs the question of why they even made a season pass if they didn't have this poo poo worked out by the game's release. Other than money of course.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Watching someone play Shaq Fu. A more complete game than SFV with less input frame lag.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I bought the official Street Fighter V TE2+™ for this game and it works fine in PS4 menus, but the second I enter any game nothing works except the Home button. Is anyone else having this problem or am I going to have to send this stick back to Madcatz? Absolutely zero modifications have been done btw.

(Welcome to the new world of Street Fighter V)

e: I bought it at launch and it was working fine before.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 25, 2016

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
I don't understand what to do against the basic, rudimentary Laura stuff. Like, at all. I keep getting repeatedly Perfect KO'ed or close to it once people figure out that I can't actually figure out an answer to "what if I just spam MP->Bolt Charge"? I can't exactly jab or do any other hit out of this, as Laura's MP always beats out my LP/LK (and gives a Counter Hit to boot) or comes out faster than my other attacks. If I just block, they seem to have all the time in the world to throw/command grab/CA me. If I try to jump away or backdash, I get hit by the full brunt of the attack. None of my EX moves seem to start up in time or have priority (I use Mika), nor can I use any type of throw. A look at the Frame Assistance Tool suggests that I have one frame to trade a jab at best, and between my poor reflexes and IPS monitor response time I'll never be that precise, ever.

What do I do for this? This is clearly so stupidly simple to counter that no guide anywhere even bothers to bring it up, and anyone who's above Bronze league doesn't think to try it until they realize "huh, he doesn't actually know what to do against this, even though he knows I'm going to do it!" I get that there's a mixup element to it, especially after you're knocked down since they'll generally go for command grab, throw, or try for a Crush Counter on wakeup. But I seem to be screwed even if I block the initial hits.

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 25, 2016

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005

Daryl Surat posted:

I don't understand what to do against the basic, rudimentary Laura stuff. Like, at all. I keep getting repeatedly Perfect KO'ed or close to it once people figure out that I can't actually figure out an answer to "what if I just spam MP->Bolt Charge"? I can't exactly jab or do any other hit out of this, as Laura's MP always beats out my LP/LK (and gives a Counter Hit to boot) or comes out faster than my other attacks. If I just block, they seem to have all the time in the world to throw/command grab/CA me. If I try to jump away or backdash, I get hit by the full brunt of the attack. None of my EX moves seem to start up in time or have priority (I use Mika), nor can I use any type of throw. A look at the Frame Assistance Tool suggests that I have one frame to trade a jab at best, and between my poor reflexes and IPS monitor response time I'll never be that precise, ever.

What do I do for this? This is clearly so stupidly simple to counter that no guide anywhere even bothers to bring it up, and anyone who's above Bronze league doesn't think to try it until they realize "huh, he doesn't actually know what to do against this, even though he knows I'm going to do it!" I get that there's a mixup element to it, especially after you're knocked down since they'll generally go for command grab, throw, or try for a Crush Counter on wakeup. But I seem to be screwed even if I block the initial hits.

Bolt Charge, at best on block is -2. You are free to press buttons after any blocked Bolt Charge. Laura's stamp mp has really short range so use buttons that are longer ranged and hit mid/low. If you think she's going to command grab, neutral jump for a full punish.

You generally want to keep Laura out as all of her options are mid/close ranged. Knock her down and pressure her wakeup, she has no reversal unless she has bar and even then it's not that good.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

cloofish posted:

I bought the official Street Fighter V TE2+™ for this game and it works fine in PS4 menus, but the second I enter any game nothing works except the Home button. Is anyone else having this problem or am I going to have to send this stick back to Madcatz? Absolutely zero modifications have been done btw.

(Welcome to the new world of Street Fighter V)

e: I bought it at launch and it was working fine before.

can you update drivers for it? Odds are it isn't your fault in any way but SFV"s but i'd see if you can update the drivers.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Playing FANG online is a lot of fun and makes for good blocking practice. I'm too in love with his sweep though I need to stop doing it so much.

Edit: Is there a point to doing any version of his poison carpet/geyser that's not HK? Any other general FANG tips for someone just starting out? I'm pretty much just trying to copy Xians zoning and then mostly failing at everything else unless the person is completely unprepared for his jump HK or sweep. also, does anything combo out of cr.mk?

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 25, 2016

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

magicalmako posted:

Bolt Charge, at best on block is -2. You are free to press buttons after any blocked Bolt Charge. Laura's stamp mp has really short range so use buttons that are longer ranged and hit mid/low. If you think she's going to command grab, neutral jump for a full punish.

You generally want to keep Laura out as all of her options are mid/close ranged. Knock her down and pressure her wakeup, she has no reversal unless she has bar and even then it's not that good.

Much of this advice is very difficult to implement if you're playing as Rainbow Mika, as all her buttons and options are themselves rather short ranged. While the frame data shows that Bolt Charge is -2, I just always seem to get counter-hit if I press a button on block (typically LP or LK), or the resulting throw beats it which mystifies me because presumably those start in 5 frames. I'm skeptical of blaming it all on things like response time, but from the sounds of all the advice it seems like "that would only happen if I'm reacting too late" is the reason why I have no answer to something so rudimentary. Then again, I also can't tech throws if my life depended on it. By the time I see and process "they're going in for a throw!" and try to tech or jab out, I'm getting thrown.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can't really react tech, it's more like predicting a throw, like if the person you're playing against likes to run up and throw after a knockdown you know "hey they're moving into that range again, I'll try a tech"

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The art style is really bad. The sound is pretty good. The music is fairly bad. The gameplay is fun but also bad.

Thanks for reading. Re-release CvS2 with online. Make it EO version without RC and the balance changes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the soundtrack is pretty decent

I wish some of the stage themes were better since there's no option for character themes in versus

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's one or two songs that are okay and a whole lot that are forgettable mush (just like SF4).

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Daryl Surat posted:

Much of this advice is very difficult to implement if you're playing as Rainbow Mika, as all her buttons and options are themselves rather short ranged. While the frame data shows that Bolt Charge is -2, I just always seem to get counter-hit if I press a button on block (typically LP or LK), or the resulting throw beats it which mystifies me because presumably those start in 5 frames. I'm skeptical of blaming it all on things like response time, but from the sounds of all the advice it seems like "that would only happen if I'm reacting too late" is the reason why I have no answer to something so rudimentary. Then again, I also can't tech throws if my life depended on it. By the time I see and process "they're going in for a throw!" and try to tech or jab out, I'm getting thrown.

Laura's bolt charge when blocked basically leaves her very few options. 1) She can guess throw, which results in her getting socked if the opponent does basically anything other than just sit there, 2) she can jump for whatever reason, 3) or she loses her turn. Just mash jab, it sounds like you're just waiting too long, as soon as you block it, mash it out.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Daryl Surat posted:

Nobody on this earth has the reactions to throw tech when they see the startup of a throw

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Firstborn posted:

There's one or two songs that are okay and a whole lot that are forgettable mush (just like SF4).

SF4's OST is way better than SFV's though

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Not really, Hillside Plaza, Shadaloo Base, and the China stage all have better music than anything in SF4, I think the character themes are equally uninspiring to SF4's though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would rather hear Sakura's theme forever than listen to loving China theme in SFV ever again

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Yeah that must be why my soundtrack mod for sf4 was downloaded more than sfv

(an exaggeration)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are you the dude with the CVS2 soundtrack mod

If so, thank you

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Baal posted:

I would rather hear Sakura's theme forever than listen to loving China theme in SFV ever again

Same but Cammy's SF4 theme

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Baal posted:

Are you the dude with the CVS2 soundtrack mod

If so, thank you

yw
(this is true love we're making)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually like Cammy's SF4 theme more than the SF5 one too, it the SF5 one's way too techno for my tastes of what a cool cammy theme is

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbf, you can't compare the CVS2 soundtrack to any recent Capcom soundtrack that's just not fair

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
What would Capcom need to do to please some of the more predominant haters in this thread out of curiosity?

Would reducing the 8-frame input issue, adding arcade/shop, fixing online issues and sort out some of the modelling be enough?
Or are there more underlying issues with the gameplay that are also a problem?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

What would Capcom need to do to please some of the more predominant haters in this thread out of curiosity?

marvel 3 patch and pc/nextgen re-release

megaman optional

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

Let Ono do Nintendo vs. Capcom

Alternatively put Dante in Smash so he and Bayonetta can fight each other

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Mega Comrade posted:

Would reducing the 8-frame input issue, adding arcade/shop, fixing online issues and sort out some of the modelling be enough?

Is this like pure magical genie wishes or something that could actually happen? Pressing buttons and hitting people is satisfying but everything surrounding it makes me not want to even boot it up. I can't think of anything SFV does good besides the feeling of CCing someone into 40% of their life. The art, sound, online elements, loading times, matchmaking, interface, survival/color unlocking, modes, story, arcade, no shop even when their third DLC character is coming out, costumes MIA, weak roster, throwing a nigga in a bus when you uppercut him. TBH I'm only playing the new SF game because that's something I've always done. I'm honestly not taking this game seriously enough to give a poo poo about 8f lag.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 25, 2016

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I'm assuming this maintenance is them having to update everything on their servers to accommodate a new character at this point. Still seems like a really terrible way of running things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Removing the 8-frame input delay would be a start, but this game's stubby normals, canned combos, and overall character shittiness feel need to be fixed before it actually becomes decent and for god's sake, please fix your loving game's netcode. Like idk how the gently caress Capcom made any of their last gen games and then made this and were like "Yeah, that's satisfactory!"

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Is this like pure magical genie wishes or something that could actually happen? Pressing buttons and hitting people is satisfying but everything surrounding it makes me not want to even boot it up. I can't think of anything SFV does good besides the feeling of CCing someone into 40% of their life. The art, sound, online elements, loading times, matchmaking, interface, survival/color unlocking, modes, story, arcade, no shop even when their third DLC character is coming out, costumes MIA, weak roster, throwing a nigga in a bus when you uppercut him. TBH I'm only playing the new SF game because that's something I've always done. I'm honestly not taking this game seriously enough to give a poo poo about 8f lag.

Realistic, you basically want a completely different game by the sounds of it.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Baal posted:

For me, it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mega Comrade posted:

Sell the IP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean they would basically have to make a different game at this point with the amount of overhauling they'd be doing.

Jazzy NYC will never be bad unless it's the Online Edition version

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Mega Comrade posted:

Realistic, you basically want a completely different game by the sounds of it.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have a street fighter 5
3S music owns. Mexico, Kenya, and Germany stages are all great. Yun & Yang's music has a cool James Bond sound to it.

BEATS GOT BEATS GOT BEATS

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think a part of why I've always liked Cammy is because she has really cool theme music. It's good in almost every game. When I was a kid playing SF2 on SNES, I would often pick Cammy and Sagat because they were kinda like shotos without actually being shotos.

I really like Nash's theme, too.

Mega Comrade posted:

That's a dumb question because you know half of the people in this thread won't ever be pleased.

That said, even if we don't take the huge hateboner that's the SA forums into account, Capcom seriously botched this game on release and when you do that, even if they fix its many problems, you still made a really bad first impression on a lot of people.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There are a lot of generally positive people on this website and the faults of SFV aren't exactly hard to spell out or notice. It's a disappointing release for a major FG series that should be awesome.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Baal posted:

Removing the 8-frame input delay would be a start, but this game's stubby normals, canned combos, and overall character shittiness feel need to be fixed before it actually becomes decent and for god's sake, please fix your loving game's netcode. Like idk how the gently caress Capcom made any of their last gen games and then made this and were like "Yeah, that's satisfactory!"

Easy. By and large, the video games industry has gone to poo poo and pushing out a broken, half-finished game is becoming considered acceptable because they figure they can just patch it later. That, and game development has become so difficult and costly that pushing out a busted, incomplete turd is the best most people can even do. These days video games just suck in general because video games turned into Hollywood which also puts out bloated, costly garbage.

Japanese devs have gotten particularly bad because all the talent has just up and left. I think it would be easy to argue that Capcom was the best game developer in the 90's but those days are long gone and the Capcom of 2016 is not the Capcom of 1996. Capcom probably has the best collection of IPs after Nintendo but they manage to consistently gently caress them all up. It's kind of a running joke that Capcom today is hilariously inept and we should probably be glad they haven't tried taking another stab at Darkstalkers or Mega Man.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The solution is to play better games, because lots of developers release fully featured great games all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Capcom probably has the best collection of IPs after Nintendo but they manage to consistently gently caress them all up. It's kind of a running joke that Capcom today is hilariously inept and we should probably be glad they haven't tried taking another stab at Darkstalkers or Mega Man.

Except for Monster Hunter. That series keeps getting better.