Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

H110Hawk posted:

Spoken like someone who can buy shoes "off the rack." I have giant feet, one foot is a 14.5 EEEE, the other is a 15 EE. they don't make half sizes above 13 generally so I wind up with 15 EEEE. I buy as many pairs of sneakers as I can at once and store them because shoe buying is a nightmare. Also I assume you mean simply calendar days longer, not that you get more net wears out of them, because if so I'm going to go open up my 2 backup pairs right now.

BWM: I shop at target without using their 5% off credit card and I don't do backdoor roth games.

You get more net days out of them because they have a chance to air out, instead of just accumulating sweat every day. I'd personally alternate between two pairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Either that or simply invalidate the passports of anyone who is currently in default loans or has a significant amount of student loan debt.

That sounds like a fantastic way to make sure you never get the money back and create more homeless people!

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

You get more net days out of them because they have a chance to air out, instead of just accumulating sweat every day. I'd personally alternate between two pairs.

It's also good to alternate if you're prone to foot pain. Different pairs of shoes even of the same general style fit your feet slightly differently, so you end up using muscles slightly differently and varying all the pressure points.

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

That sounds like a fantastic way to make sure you never get the money back and create more homeless people!

If there's one thing wrong with the world today it's that creditors aren't making enough money.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Saw this and thought of you fine people:

http://deadspin.com/the-first-4-races-at-pimlico-killed-2-horses-today-1778003699

(some horses died)

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Joe Torre named his horse Homeboykris.

And now Homeboykris is dead.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Senf posted:

Joe Torre named his horse Homeboykris.

And now Homeboykris is dead.

Homeboykris was purchased for $11,000 and made over $560,000 so this was sort of GWM.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Youth Decay posted:

Homeboykris was purchased for $11,000 and made over $560,000 so this was sort of GWM.

I just love the name. Definitely pretty GWM.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Youth Decay posted:

Race horses don't cost money to feed, train, house or keep healthy? Sounds like an amazing deal.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Magic Underwear posted:

Race horses don't cost money to feed, train, house or keep healthy? Sounds like an amazing deal.

Don't they have a horse therapist and psychic to see also?

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

Magic Underwear posted:

This, and don't forget transportation and entry fees too.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

And horse insurance. It would be terrible if Ol' Snoopy saw his own reflection in a pond and instinctively drowned before being fully paid off.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Nitrox posted:

Don't they have a horse therapist and psychic to see also?

What's the potential addressable market on horse weddings, or baby clothes for horses?

Edit: I will sell the latter under the line, Foalbulous.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

haha

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Stopped at a gas station for lunch on my way home from class. They have one of those ice cream sundae by the ounce places inside. So you make a sundae, then it gets weighed, then you pay.

Just watched a customer complain that the scale "already had numbers on it" and that she "wanted that cleared" so she "didn't pay more".

The numbers were a negative weight to account for the cup. So congrats lady, you just argued your way into paying extra.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

if it's one thing I learned working retail, is that there is no end to people's stupidity.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Coworker, already discussing the whole life insurance policy she and her husband have bought for their infant son, mentions that she's looking into buying him a term policy as well just because it's so cheap and well why not!? :psyduck:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

pig slut lisa posted:

Coworker, already discussing the whole life insurance policy she and her husband have bought for their infant son, mentions that she's looking into buying him a term policy as well just because it's so cheap and well why not!? :psyduck:

Term life policy on the parents or the kid?

Also eww whole life insurance policy.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

CannonFodder posted:

Term life policy on the parents or the kid?

Also eww whole life insurance policy.

Term on the kid.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Check their Google search history for "how long kid in car heatstroke" and call the police I guess. :stare:

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I dunno if term on the kid is insane, funerals are disgustingly expensive

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

So is college :tinfoil:

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I have 50k term on my kid through work for like a dollar a month. If the kids dies, it'll pay for funeral plus the years of therapy I'll need, and I can afford to take a leave of absence. Why is that insane?

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I have 50k term on my kid through work for like a dollar a month. If the kids dies, it'll pay for funeral plus the years of therapy I'll need, and I can afford to take a leave of absence. Why is that insane?
At that price, it is fine.

Jan 11, 2004

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

If your employer is paying 95% of the cost then sure whatever, which is true of most things.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I love the creepy Gerber Term Life commercials, get your child a head start by getting them... life insurance...

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

SpelledBackwards posted:

What's the potential addressable market on horse weddings, or baby clothes for horses?

Edit: I will sell the latter under the line, Foalbulous.

Hoof nail stickers! Mane beads and accessories! Horse leggings! Lets multi-level this poo poo.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I never know what's actually BWM anymore. Should I invest in a horse?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Get a horseboat instead.

Maybe a horseplane if flying is your thing.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Did I have a fever dream that a poster once asked about living in a leaky houseboat in Chicago in the winter?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
There's the tread about the guy who wants to live on a houseboat in Minnesota because he thinks it will save him money.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
He also figured he wouldn't bother to fix the roof if it leaked because he wasn't concerned about "creature comfort."

Giant Goats
Mar 7, 2010

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

I love the creepy Gerber Term Life commercials, get your child a head start by getting them... life insurance...

But it kind of does. The Gerber's system, at least, lets the kid keep the policy as an adult no matter their employment or health status. That could really be a boon for someone with a health issue that presents in childhood, or who starts their own business right out of school or goes into contract jobs while they have their own young dependents.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I love the animated gif showing the thousands of horrible, crippling things that can happen just to a horses legs, which are only like 4% of total horse surface area.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Giant Goats posted:

But it kind of does. The Gerber's system, at least, lets the kid keep the policy as an adult no matter their employment or health status. That could really be a boon for someone with a health issue that presents in childhood, or who starts their own business right out of school or goes into contract jobs while they have their own young dependents.

It's like that Colonial Life insurance. Like Gerber, it really is a terrible deal unless that's all you can get. Then it's not so bad.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Someone keeps trying to sell me whole life and I don't know why. Does the agent make more money if they rip me off?

Jan 11, 2004

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Someone keeps trying to sell me whole life and I don't know why. Does the agent make more money if they rip me off?

Agents make huge commissions off of whole life policies because the long term management fees are exorbitant.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

He sure does!

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

There's the tread about the guy who wants to live on a houseboat in Minnesota because he thinks it will save him money.

Update:

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I give up.

I can't get a loan with normal terms to get a good houseboat. By the time I save up enough to buy a houseboat outright I could just put 20% down on a real house. The only ones I can afford to buy outright are pieces of poo poo and moldy stink traps. I live in an apartment I hate now and my job keeps getting shittier by the week. I thought that I'd have a summer of fun boat times to look forward to, instead I live in a lovely apartment that saves me what I was expecting to save living on a boat.

I don't know what my next move is. Really what I need is a normal mortgage type loan for a houseboat but NOBODY will do that. I've talked to several houseboat owners and it was way more common before the bank crisis in 08. The best I can do is a boat/rv type loan at higher interest and a quicker repayment which doesnt end up saving me money.

Maybe I can start a kickstarter for some sort of Mississippi river distillery/brewery houseboat and sell tickets to hipsters who want to drink rank microbrews and float down the river.

:smith:

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
I'd imagine houseboats would be similar to RV's and mobile homes in regards to depreciation, compared to a real house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

That last part is honestly the best idea he's ever had.

• Locked thread