Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

The solution is to play better games, because lots of developers release fully featured great games all the time.

Yeah p much, Nitroplus Blasterz is fun and recent and a full game, Pokken is a cool fighting game that got released that is amazing in not only the amount of work that went into the actual game but stacking it with features and player friendly features, ArcSys always stacks their games full of poo poo whether it be GG or Blazblue. Capcom is the only dev right now making a fighting game who cannot seem to understand how the gently caress to make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Revelator on PC when?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

In Training posted:

The solution is to play better games, because lots of developers release fully featured great games all the time.

Yeah. Instead of playing SFV I've been playing Bloodborne and DOOM because those are actually good fully-featured non-broken games. They still make 'em, they're just less common these days.

On the flip side, I got Star Wars Battlefront like a dumbass and it reminds me of SFV in many, many ways

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jack Trades posted:

Revelator on PC when?

Pray to the PC gods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah. Instead of playing SFV I've been playing Bloodborne and DOOM because those are actually good fully-featured non-broken games. They still make 'em, they're just less common these days.

On the flip side, I got Star Wars Battlefront like a dumbass and it reminds me of SFV in many, many ways

Never buy EA or Ubisoft games, will help as well

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

In Training posted:

Yeah but those are most games

:negative:

But hey, at least SFxT and Mass Effect 3 taught me the important lesson to never preorder a game ever again

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I learned that from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic... which is now a cult hit at $5, but a bit disappointing at $60

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dhamster posted:

I learned that from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic... which is now a cult hit at $5, but a bit disappointing at $60

Hey, hey hey! Don't you dare making GBS threads on Dark Messiah.

In Training posted:

They're only making poo poo anyway. The only relative recent Ubi/EA game that I've bought was Anno 2205 and that wasn't even developed by Ubi, only published.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 25, 2016

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Baal posted:

Yeah p much, Nitroplus Blasterz is fun and recent and a full game, Pokken is a cool fighting game that got released that is amazing in not only the amount of work that went into the actual game but stacking it with features and player friendly features, ArcSys always stacks their games full of poo poo whether it be GG or Blazblue. Capcom is the only dev right now making a fighting game who cannot seem to understand how the gently caress to make one.

The japanese developer effect. If a Japanese videogame company lasts longer than 20 years it all goes to poo poo. This effect also carries into other companies outside of Japan but with a caveat of not being financial failures somehow.

Nintendo has formed a vaccine but they're not sharing.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I think I was only disappointed in it because I bought hard into the predecease hype (Ubisoft even sent me a Logitech G5 and other swag for taking part in "Disciples of Sareth.")

Actually I'm not event sure why I complained about the price point considering all the free poo poo I got :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Street Fighter V: 9 Threads Lag on SFV Discussion

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Firstborn posted:

The art style is really bad. The sound is pretty good. The music is fairly bad. The gameplay is fun but also bad.

Thanks for reading. Re-release CvS2 with online. Make it EO version without RC and the balance changes.

cvs2 EO is extremely bad. removing roll cancel just makes the difference between top tiers and not top tiers way worse especially because they (for some insane reason) buffed A groove. making S and P grooves slightly less poo poo and making the top tiers and trash tiers do marginally less/more damage isn't nearly worth it

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
everything feels weak In this poo poo game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zand posted:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You people know there are a whole two general FG threads to talk about games that aren't SF5, right?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Zand posted:

imo this thread is more poo poo than the game

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

You people know there are a whole two general FG threads to talk about games that aren't SF5, right?

If people only said positive things about the game and never referenced better games, this thread would have like one post per week.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Booyah- posted:

If people only said positive things about the game and never referenced better games, this thread would have like one post per week.

One post per week is better than 40 shitposts per day.

I mean, so's 40 posts containing actual conversation about other fighting games but those would be better off in the general FG threads, or the GG thread for GG posts.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

One post per week is better than 40 shitposts per day.

nah

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
trust me this thread is better when it's talking about anything except sf5

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

nice low effort post dude

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

darealkooky posted:

cvs2 EO is extremely bad. removing roll cancel just makes the difference between top tiers and not top tiers way worse especially because they (for some insane reason) buffed A groove. making S and P grooves slightly less poo poo and making the top tiers and trash tiers do marginally less/more damage isn't nearly worth it

Who gives a poo poo I'll kill you with K-Geese/Joe/Ryo2. Idgaf about Sagat's c.fp.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I wonder if Alpha 3 would've been amazing if they just removed Vism.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Buckwheat Sings posted:

no because the game still has weird rear end normal feel

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
no because you would still counterhit someone and the whole screen would flash and you'd be like "YEAH"

but then you realize you did 5% of their hp as damage

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I do remember fireballs being REAL weird. Like doing either a full chunk or 1 pixels worth of damage depending on the range.

Still the best version of Guy. None of this profound sadness stupidity. Just dude with hightops and a murderous intent.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
V-Isms only problem was that it was so ridiculous, it was fun if you dont look at alpha 3 as a competitive prospect

it also had a lot of single player modes i thought were tons of fun, like that weird, fight with two guys at once try to get on both sides of them thingy

that was a blast and literally what i think of as great single player content

the loading times in sf5 with that would prob be abyssmal. i played sf5 on a ps4 and the loading times were even worse. Survival fails so much because it takes longer to load than it does to fight each match

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I think Lucio is my new favorite fighting game character.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

I think Lucio is my new favorite fighting game character.

Yeah but is he good against burst damage?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Booyah- posted:

don't position yourself in places to take burst damage :smuggo:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Buckwheat Sings posted:

a chun gen gief sim
x sim

and more

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Madcosby posted:

V-Isms only problem was that it was so ridiculous, it was fun if you dont look at alpha 3 as a competitive prospect

it also had a lot of single player modes i thought were tons of fun, like that weird, fight with two guys at once try to get on both sides of them thingy

that was a blast and literally what i think of as great single player content

the loading times in sf5 with that would prob be abyssmal. i played sf5 on a ps4 and the loading times were even worse. Survival fails so much because it takes longer to load than it does to fight each match

dramatic battle is really cool

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SF3: New Generation had the best super animations in the series.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

interrodactyl posted:

dramatic battle is really cool

i don't understand how Capcom could completely abandon an idea like world tour mode which was almost universally praised and liked. jk actually i can, it's Capcom

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Zand posted:

i don't understand how Capcom could completely abandon an idea like world tour mode which was almost universally praised and liked. jk actually i can, it's Capcom

i loved world tour and still have a psx emulator and that rom to play it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Booyah- posted:

I was soloing reapers, but reaper attracts bad players, so I really don't know.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Jack Trades posted:

SF3: New Generation had the best super animations in the series.

I thought that the 2I SGS was better than the 3S version. Less overwrought.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Here's what you have to do to make SF5 better (good??):

Reduce input lag to 5 frames at the very most. Increase (or decrease) dash startup (or not) depending on new amount of lag. Every character should not be 3s Makoto. Increase *variety* in dash startup and distances also. Maybe Ken can keep his super fast dash, maybe Chun shouldn't, etc. Way too many super fast dashes that won't be reactable (outside of block/tech) even with way less input lag.

Adjust hitboxes wildly. Remove the "feature" where every long normal is actually a short normal that shifts the character and thus hurtbox massively forward before becoming active. Remove the huge extended hurtboxes that always, without exception, appear before normals go active. Please for the love of god make more normals have hitboxes that exist outside of hurtboxes so they become good and interesting and have optimal ranges and situations to use them. Remove massive hurtboxes that surround every jumpin.

Increase walk speed.

Increase throw range and reduce throw startup. We're never getting 1 button throws so 3f throws with better range is fine.

Increase block advantage on stuff, especially fireballs. Give me normals that are better than +1/2. Make a sweep that isn't at least -10 on block for fucks sake. Maybe somebody should have a *gasp* SAFE sweep? Or maybe a cancellable one.

Remove crush counter from backdashes, increase throw invincibility on backdashes. If you didn't know, throw invincibility on backdashes lasts *2 frames* which is the same as natural throw protection on wakeup or coming out of blockstun. Some backdashes don't move enough (or at all) for reversal backdash to actually avoid meaty or proper tick throws. You would actually have to delay your backdash by a frame or two.

Fix the weird pushback. Normals have completely arbitrary amounts of pushback. Lights up close cause massive amounts of pushback especially on hit. Stuff like sweeps cause literally no pushback so they are braindead consistent to punish, especially considering the universal terrible hitboxes and shifting hurtboxes. Increase pushback on fireballs so that there is any at all.

Chip damage kills.

V-reversals more negative or punishable on block. More variety at least. Maybe the really fast/long ones should be more negative. Maybe the movement ones should actually have vulnerable frames? Maybe not make them 100% strike invincible the whole way through, so more interesting counters exist.

Normalize the buffer. Why are the input buffers for throws/dash/normals/specials all different? Why does the length of the input buffer change depending on whether you're waking up, coming out of blockstun, or recovering from a move? Why didn't you just slap a 3f input buffer on everything and be done with it?

Add Urien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Here's what you have to do to make SF5 better (good??):

Reduce input lag to 5 frames at the very most. Increase (or decrease) dash startup (or not) depending on new amount of lag. Every character should not be 3s Makoto. Increase *variety* in dash startup and distances also. Maybe Ken can keep his super fast dash, maybe Chun shouldn't, etc. Way too many super fast dashes that won't be reactable (outside of block/tech) even with way less input lag.
Nah. The game as a whole is based around the dashes all having a startup like they have now.

quote:

Adjust hitboxes wildly. Remove the "feature" where every long normal is actually a short normal that shifts the character and thus hurtbox massively forward before becoming active. Remove the huge extended hurtboxes that always, without exception, appear before normals go active. Please for the love of god make more normals have hitboxes that exist outside of hurtboxes so they become good and interesting and have optimal ranges and situations to use them. Remove massive hurtboxes that surround every jumpin.
okay dude yeah I sure love fighting games where some guy is hitting me with invisible limbs and i can't even touch him

quote:

Increase walk speed.
again, game balance. you think throws are hard to deal with now? imagine everyone moving in turbo mode.

quote:

Increase throw range and reduce throw startup. We're never getting 1 button throws so 3f throws with better range is fine.
if you're thinking about making throws as big as they are in old games, forget it. so far you already want to make them better by buffing walkspeed and dashes, but now you want them to potentially outrange my active quick pokes that are designed for breaking throw attempts... i don't think so.

quote:

Increase block advantage on stuff, especially fireballs. Give me normals that are better than +1/2. Make a sweep that isn't at least -10 on block for fucks sake. Maybe somebody should have a *gasp* SAFE sweep? Or maybe a cancellable one.
why not just play guilty gear if you want to be trapped in block stunned infinites?

quote:

Remove crush counter from backdashes, increase throw invincibility on backdashes. If you didn't know, throw invincibility on backdashes lasts *2 frames* which is the same as natural throw protection on wakeup or coming out of blockstun. Some backdashes don't move enough (or at all) for reversal backdash to actually avoid meaty or proper tick throws. You would actually have to delay your backdash by a frame or two.
crush counter is a unique tactical tool and it works by functioning as part of a delicate ecosystem with backdashes and other mechanics. you cant just turn something on or off and expect a good result. a butterfly flaps its wings etc

quote:

Fix the weird pushback. Normals have completely arbitrary amounts of pushback. Lights up close cause massive amounts of pushback especially on hit. Stuff like sweeps cause literally no pushback so they are braindead consistent to punish, especially considering the universal terrible hitboxes and shifting hurtboxes. Increase pushback on fireballs so that there is any at all.
haven't noticed this "weird pushback" at all.

quote:

Chip damage kills.
they are in already, just use a super.

quote:

V-reversals more negative or punishable on block. More variety at least. Maybe the really fast/long ones should be more negative. Maybe the movement ones should actually have vulnerable frames? Maybe not make them 100% strike invincible the whole way through, so more interesting counters exist.
okay, I can agree with this.

quote:

Normalize the buffer. Why are the input buffers for throws/dash/normals/specials all different? Why does the length of the input buffer change depending on whether you're waking up, coming out of blockstun, or recovering from a move? Why didn't you just slap a 3f input buffer on everything and be done with it?
what?

quote:

Add Urien.
he's coming soon just be patient