Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Captain Blaargh posted:

I'll start making teams for the Memorial Day fights. And maybe I'll even remember to show up!

First off, T7 tanks for Friday the 27th:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000177/team/1000043871/

I'll start one for the next day's when this fills up or 3 other goons yell they can make that one instead, and then the same for Sunday's. And, of course, I'm picking the high tier option those as well because GOLD AND PRIZES.

Get in here and fill the team out goons. Don't worry if you're bad. I am bad. We're all bad.

And here is one for Tier 8s on Saturday:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000198/team/1000045283/

Password on both: Blaargh

Edit: rejoin if I kicked you off the team. Got full of pubs when I had no password up for a little bit on the first one and threw out everyone I didn't recognize. rip

Edit 2: Tier 9 on Sunday. Get in. http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000199/team/1000045295/

Edit the third: All tournaments start at 8:30PM EST

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Hellsau posted:

If they made tier threes and fours not easily oneshot by tier fives and sixes, and brought the pen and view range gap closer together, and also maybe allowed tier three and four players to not be bottom tier ninety percent of the time, maybe there would be enough in queue for full matches. You know, by actually encouraging new players to stick around rather than quitting or quixperiencing.
The woes of the american server are completely uninteresting, noone plays there and noone cares.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

They should just make tier 1-4 optional runtime mode. Let players start at tier 5.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I just won 50 gold for not showing up to that TD 1v1 tournament. Wargaming rewarding me for not playing tonks. :toot:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Captain Blaargh posted:

I just won 50 gold for not showing up to that TD 1v1 tournament. Wargaming rewarding me for not playing tonks. :toot:

WG should honestly just give everyone 50g per month on general principle. Call it the 'We're Sorry' reward.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

WG should honestly just give everyone 50g per month on general principle. Call it the 'We're Sorry' reward.

Being completely serious they should do that as it would addict lots and lots of players to buying fucktons of gold.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Captain Blaargh posted:

Get in here and fill the team out goons. Don't worry if you're bad. I am bad. We're all bad.

And here is one for Tier 8s on Saturday:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000198/team/1000045283/

Password on both: Blaargh

Edit: rejoin if I kicked you off the team. Got full of pubs when I had no password up for a little bit on the first one and threw out everyone I didn't recognize. rip

Edit 2: Tier 9 on Sunday. Get in. http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000199/team/1000045295/

Can I join with my O-Ho? I have literally no other tier 8.

Or wait, I have a KV-5
\

Oh, and what time is thiS?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can I join with my O-Ho? I have literally no other tier 8.

Or wait, I have a KV-5
\

Oh, and what time is thiS?

Go for it . I care not whit. Bring a loltraktor if you have to.

All the Tournaments start at 8:30 EST. I'll add that to my post. Thanks for the reminder.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is there going to be any worthwhile special discount for gold for Memorial Day? I don't see anything on the site, do they normally announce it closer to the day? I got a job and feel like finally spending money on this awful game.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Apparently removing rentals give you the full credit amount of the rental instead of the ammunition costs only. Anyone to confirm? I sold all my rentals just before the patch dropped.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hey, someone platoon O-Hos with me tonight, I'm bored and my feet hurt from hiking so I'm staying home.

Wait, damnit, I need more updated mods.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

If they made tier threes and fours not easily oneshot by tier fives and sixes, and brought the pen and view range gap closer together, and also maybe allowed tier three and four players to not be bottom tier ninety percent of the time, maybe there would be enough in queue for full matches. You know, by actually encouraging new players to stick around rather than quitting or quixperiencing.

I wonder what would happen if they raised tank health by say, 200 health. For every tank, every tier. Low tiers would be less about being murdered by some dipshit with a derp or being clipped by one of the Brit tanks in 2 seconds. Also tanks would have some more ammo to compensate for increased health pools.

This also wouldn't apply to SPGs, because gently caress them.

Seems like this would be a nice use of their test/sandbox server instead of letting a bunch of people play tier 10s and being teamkilled by russians.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It's kind of hosed up that they put in a whole new benefit/penalty system for platooning with different tiers when it would seem to be much easier to just not allow platooning with different tiers. And then, Coming Soon! no platooning with different tiers!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

They just gave us a bonus to XP that's pretty significant at 8-9, which are the biggest grinds by far. Don't complain.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are the 59-patton and the Scorpion worth it now?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

Are the 59-patton and the Scorpion worth it now?

Not while there are still worthwhile pref T8s that can be bought by gold, especially with the increased chance that non-pref T8s will become fodder in T9-10 matches while pref T8s will always be guaranteed mid-tier (or top) in the new MM.

Also, when's the last time someone said "oh boy, I wish I had a good US TD crew trainer!" Also, the T-34-3 got buffed a while back and still has pref MM.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 26, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Exia/Primelaw I messaged you on Discord with a buncha links to Memorial Day tournament teams. I'll try to get two actual good players who will show up and not throw their tanks away or fail to pen the flat front parts of tanks repeatedly.

also yeah if you have rental tanks on your account, log in and sell/remove them for massive credits. Shame I went and cleaned out the seven rental tanks two weeks ago!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

also yeah if you have rental tanks on your account, log in and sell/remove them for massive credits. Shame I went and cleaned out the seven rental tanks two weeks ago!

Do you get credits even though it says you'll receive 0?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Hahhaah I just made a gently caress ton of credits.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I did the sale thing. After re-buying the Panther and the T29 I've got 6.2 million left over. Do I buy an Obj. 140; an M48; or some combo of Type 61, AMX 50 120, 110, WZ-132, and M40/43?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So hows the tier 10 Patton, Any good? I can buy that, the E100, or the FV215b, not sure which one I want to pull the trigger on.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think the tier 10 Patton is supposed to become okay after unlocking the top modules.

Edit: That'd be 110kxp or so.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

So hows the tier 10 Patton, Any good? I can buy that, the E100, or the FV215b, not sure which one I want to pull the trigger on.

The FV215b is really good and really fun to play. The E100 is really good and sort of fun to play. The M48 is fine.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

Hahhaah I just made a gently caress ton of credits.

So...so did I. :stare:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I do think they have the ability to set you to negative credits (as they can certainly set negative gold), so I wouldn't spend them immediately.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hey, hang on, you can now spend free XP to increase crew XP?

Wow.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah, but crew xp is so huge that it is a gently caress ton of xp.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

The M48 is the most average of the T10 mediums, if you already have a T10 medium, I'd pass.

The E-Hundo is the best choice of those, although you'll really want to get the 150mm ASAP.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I do think they have the ability to set you to negative credits (as they can certainly set negative gold), so I wouldn't spend them immediately.

Too late! I bought a AMX 50 120, a Panther, and a T29.

So now I need to decide between the M40/43, WZ-132, O-Ni, T-34/100, KV-4, Tiger II, or SP I C.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Kind of a bummer that the M48 is mediocre, I already have a T-62a, 121, STB-1 and Bat Chat, But I am really enjoying the M46 right now, getting patrol duties while making GBS threads on idiots.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Kind of a bummer that the M48 is mediocre, I already have a T-62a, 121, STB-1 and Bat Chat, But I am really enjoying the M46 right now, getting patrol duties while making GBS threads on idiots.

Keep it. The M46 is good, but the M48 doesn't get enough better compared to how much the other tier 9 mediums improve.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Doesn't get enough better :downs:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Squish posted:

Doesn't get enough better :downs:

Truth. The T-54 is a great tank, but the tier 10 Russian meds are on a totally different level. The M46 is a good tank, possibly close to the T-54 after they've both been rebalanced, but the M48 is not even close to as good as the tier 10 Russian meds. Going from tier 9 to tier 10 should result in a large increase in the tank lethality, and the M48 just doesn't improve enough upon what the M46 is working with to make it worth upgrading.

plus why wouldn't you just play your T95E6 instead, it got a pretty huge buff

like its previous weaknesses were the laughable gun handling, the stupid frontal ammo rack and the slight sluggishness, and this helps two of the problems. If you want a nice hulldown fighter with a good turret face, the T95E6 is pretty good at that. Plus then you don't need to spew off a good crew on the sixth best tier 10 medium in your garage.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
:tviv: I just made ~6M credits removing usless rentals. I am tanks Romney.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I feel like my M48 could be so much better if I could just chop off that top copula.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Squish posted:

:tviv: I just made ~6M credits removing usless rentals. I am tanks Romney.

Jesus Christ. I remove every rental as soon as the events are over, so I got only a few thousand credits per rental.

gently caress, I am tempted to send a complaint to wargaming (lol if that would do anything).

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Exia/Primelaw I messaged you on Discord with a buncha links to Memorial Day tournament teams. I'll try to get two actual good players who will show up and not throw their tanks away or fail to pen the flat front parts of tanks repeatedly.

I probably won't be able to get on anytime during this weekend since I'll be visiting a few friends. RIP your type 59

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Hellsau posted:

Truth. The T-54 is a great tank, but the tier 10 Russian meds are on a totally different level. The M46 is a good tank, possibly close to the T-54 after they've both been rebalanced, but the M48 is not even close to as good as the tier 10 Russian meds. Going from tier 9 to tier 10 should result in a large increase in the tank lethality, and the M48 just doesn't improve enough upon what the M46 is working with to make it worth upgrading.
paging soulfucker, noted m48 whisperer

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

TheFluff posted:

paging soulfucker, noted m48 whisperer

sorry im busy lolling at the americans getting credit handouts lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm having a hard time with my M46 Patton. Do I need to play it like a T20 instead of a Pershing? I'm hopefully going to be getting my E-50 within a week, that should be awesome.

I'm starting to do surprisingly well with the 50/120. I got my second 4500 damage game in maybe five games last night. I've finally learned that it really isn't a heavy. It's a 13/90 that put on a lot of weight.