Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Online was dead from Day One due to poo poo netcode.

Wouldn't know, never manage to connect to anyone. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Nidhoog should be played local anyways. I bought Murdered, I find the choices seem confusing, you search all over for the place for clues only to choose the one you had since the beginning. Though i just started, and still learning how to play.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Nidhogg and Super Baseball are awesome couch coop games, very casual gamer friend and I had a blast with both.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

kalensc posted:

Never played any of the following but I've heard good things and/or enjoyed clips I've come across. Anyone here who would definitely recommend/discourage spending $5~ on one of them?

Grow Home
Terraria
Rogue Legacy
Banner Saga
Nidhogg
Super Mega Baseball
Sound Shapes

the sale is over now but I want to chime in with my 2c and say that I got Grow Home for free on PS+ and I paid too much.
that game was garbage.

e: if you're a fan of QWOP and consider that to be a real and fun game, however, you'd probably like Grow Home.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
This current sale, though.

Witcher 3, Just Cause 3 and Dying Light have all been in my sights for a while.

I've been holding onto a 20% discount code until I found a sale where my cart would be ~$150, looks like that time came sooner than I thought.

Oddly enough, I noticed that at least for CAD that Witcher 3 seems like it's cheaper (~$0.26) to buy the base game and season pass separately rather than bundled. Wonder why that is.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Downwell showed up this week. If you haven't played it, it's a really fun game that's easily worth the $5 they're asking for it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

axleblaze posted:

Downwell showed up this week. If you haven't played it, it's a really fun game that's easily worth the $5 they're asking for it.

I'm guessing if I loved it on IPhone but wished the controls were not touch... That this would be the ultimate?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ludwig van Halen posted:

the sale is over now but I want to chime in with my 2c and say that I got Grow Home for free on PS+ and I paid too much.
that game was garbage.

e: if you're a fan of QWOP and consider that to be a real and fun game, however, you'd probably like Grow Home.

Counterpoint: I also got Grow Home for free, and would have paid a fiver for it if I had to. Good stress reliever.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Feenix posted:

I'm guessing if I loved it on IPhone but wished the controls were not touch... That this would be the ultimate?

Yep, same game. Except the screen is still made to be vertical so it has borders, if you don't mind that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah I bought it. Controls make it better with an actual controller. Good stuff!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also I should note that $5 gives you both the PS4 and Vita version and the game actually has a platinum trophy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For people who bought the vita version, do they have an option to play it with the vita rotated so you could have a bunch of vertical screen

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

For people who bought the vita version, do they have an option to play it with the vita rotated so you could have a bunch of vertical screen

Yes, you can, though the controls are obviously a bit awkward.

Edit: though you can set the controls to be whatever you want

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 25, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

axleblaze posted:

Yes, you can, though the controls are obviously a bit awkward.

Ooooo I'll have to pick that up then. Thanks

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Was there a strong consensus about Dragon Quest Heroes? I enjoyed Pirate and Hyrule Warriors.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Fix posted:

Was there a strong consensus about Dragon Quest Heroes? I enjoyed Pirate and Hyrule Warriors.

It's pretty rad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoyed it a lot, more of a focus on point defense and map control based on summon able monsters you can place around the map. Kinda like a tower defense game in parts, and you can play the end game for a decent chunk of hours grinding out for mega bosses, if that's up your alley. Otherwise the main campaign is a decent chunk of fun without getting into that element of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just used the phrase decent chunk twice in two sentences. What the hell.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is there a good variety of monsters?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Damnit, why is GTA V only ever reduced toward the end of the month when it's difficult to justify buying it to my wife?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Fix posted:

Is there a good variety of monsters?

It's not bad. There are of course a bunch of palette swaps but that's just keeping with DQ anyway. Not all of the monsters in the game are summonable by the player, but quite a few are.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm playing it right now. I am not disspointed with the monsters, I wanted a Dynasty Warriors game with a literal rainbow of enemies and this game delivers.

That being said I am 3/4ths of the way through and the games starting to overstay it's welcome. The sequel coming out later this year in japan looks absolutely amazing though

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Fix posted:

DQ Heroes is loving amazing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cool. Thanks, guys.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just beat the odin sphere demo in like 2 minutes of play time. wasn't impressed. it plays like muramasa rebirth but is less pretty and just as one-dimensional when it comes to combat. I want to meet the vanillaware devs and explain to them that having 2 attack buttons is ok and better than 1

Agrias120 posted:

DQ Heroes is loving amazing.

yup. 'tis

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

I just beat the odin sphere demo in like 2 minutes of play time. wasn't impressed.

I'm a minority when it comes to hating that game and thought maybe they were going to enhance it beyond what I remember it for. I found it to be very tedious and way too light on the RPG elements. I'm sure it opens up at some point since so many people seem to like it.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
I finally bought a PS4 this month, but I've had PS Plus for years now. I'd been getting all the free PS4 games and now I'm installing them and top of the alphabetical list, Aaru's Awakening isn't downloading at all. Anybody else ever had this problem with it, or some other store bought game for that matter? Everything else I've tried is dowloading fine.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

idk but you are missing a bad ugly game so don't sweat it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What is the point of the wishlist on the store? Bully/Canis Canim Edit went on sale and I got no notification or anything about it, despite it being on my wishlist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What is the point of the wishlist on the store? Bully/Canis Canim Edit went on sale and I got no notification or anything about it, despite it being on my wishlist.

nothing except keeping a list of games you are interested in. you have to check your wishlist tab every tuesday afternoon to see what if anything is cheap

sucks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Max Awfuls posted:

I finally bought a PS4 this month, but I've had PS Plus for years now. I'd been getting all the free PS4 games and now I'm installing them and top of the alphabetical list, Aaru's Awakening isn't downloading at all. Anybody else ever had this problem with it, or some other store bought game for that matter? Everything else I've tried is dowloading fine.

Your PS4 is doing you a favour

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
no, noone has tried downloading aarus awakening.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it was on ps3 too right? i think i played the first couple levels before i got my ps4

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I wouldn't normally do this, but seriously, don't bother with Aaru's Awakening. It's a terrible game.

Edit: On a side note, what's everyone's worst PS Plus game they've played? One that you turned on for 30 seconds...immediately went "gently caress this." and deleted.

Mine is Futurium EP Deluxe...one of the worst games I've ever played. Tabletop comes close but man....Futurium just sticks in my head as a game that was a complete was of bandwidth.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 26, 2016

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

I just beat the odin sphere demo in like 2 minutes of play time. wasn't impressed. it plays like muramasa rebirth but is less pretty and just as one-dimensional when it comes to combat. I want to meet the vanillaware devs and explain to them that having 2 attack buttons is ok and better than 1

Mayor McCheese posted:

I'm a minority when it comes to hating that game and thought maybe they were going to enhance it beyond what I remember it for. I found it to be very tedious and way too light on the RPG elements. I'm sure it opens up at some point since so many people seem to like it.

Dragon's Crown is probably the most "robust" Vanillaware game in terms of gameplay but it's ps3/vita only.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Kirios posted:

I wouldn't normally do this, but seriously, don't bother with Aaru's Awakening. It's a terrible game.

Edit: On a side note, what's everyone's worst PS Plus game they've played? One that you turned on for 30 seconds...immediately went "gently caress this." and deleted.

Mine is Futurium EP Deluxe...one of the worst games I've ever played. Tabletop comes close but man....Futurium just sticks in my head as a game that was a complete was of bandwidth.

For me it was Flame Over. I don't necessarily know it to be a bad game but I opened it and pretty immediately died to the flames, and there was something about it that made me not want to try again, so I didn't. It just didn't feel like it would be much fun.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Kirios posted:

People will totally hate me for saying this, but in the name of honesty... Rocket League.

For the life of me, I could not get the mechanics down and it was just a total exercise in frustration.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

unlawfulsoup posted:

People will totally hate me for saying this, but in the name of honesty... Rocket League.

For the life of me, I could not get the mechanics down and it was just a total exercise in frustration.
That's basically the whole point of the game, nobody is any good at Rocket League

Another one of those games that everyone says is awesome but is only really gonna click if you can bring some like minded buddies who also don't give a poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kirios posted:

Woah Dave!, easily.

For non-PS4 it was Titan Attacks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I feel sorry for anyone who ever paid money for Titan Attacks. I think just about any second rate programmer could have made that in a weekend.

• Locked thread