Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Siegfried's attack buff will stop debuffing his defense and instead buff his defense. That's pretty big. The catch is that, like birdman, this change doesn't kick in until level 100, so it takes a small eternity to get him to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Does surprise ticket rule out legend fest at the end of the month, I've got a boatload of crystals to offload at this point

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

It looks like from this point on the surprise ticket works from a separate pool independent of any other promotions. As far as I can tell the pool includes all normal characters and only leaves out limited characters like the seasonal versions.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sizup posted:

Does surprise ticket rule out legend fest at the end of the month, I've got a boatload of crystals to offload at this point

The fire boost is apparently running through May 31st, so probably not. That doesn't rule out the possibility of legfest immediately following it though, we dunno

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I've already got Lily and Lancelot, should I use the Special Pick to get another water SSR and round out the team? Who's a good pick for that?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Five more bait chunks and we can summon the nightmare boss!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

:monar::monar::monar:NIGHTMARE is Goooooooo! :monar::monar::monar:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Potsticker posted:

:monar::monar::monar:NIGHTMARE is Goooooooo! :monar::monar::monar:

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

e: I hope it isn't too hard. I just traded for 3 more chunks.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I probably should've encouraged some balm spending before hand too. I threw three at ATK up so at least we have a little boost.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

500k honor! :vince:

And 12000 rupies!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

AMAZING JOB everyone! You crushed it!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Wow, nice job. My guild is small and I'm not sure how well we could tank and organize a Nightmare fight. How many people got in there?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

9 people made it in.

MVP was Tsurupettan at 14,240,610 damage with Vice MVP grrarg at 8,458,934 damage

Trying to remember who else made it in, but pretty sure it was:
Souplesse, Touch mE, Stasiscore, レフト, ALTEFFOUR, ティーカップ (ofc)

and one more!

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
We need to do that every day for the rest of the event. It was a lot easier than I expected. It will be even faster/easier if Souplesse is there from the start.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I was the mvp because the boss was a literal babby who let yoda use his ougi 5 times.

Also hey does anyone know why SSR Rosetta's shield thing will randomly toggle off (with no bonus effect) from time to time despite having more than enough charge bar?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

We can if you guys like! All it takes is 10 of those bait chunks (and 50 AP). Bait this time was provided by:
Tsurupettan: 4 chunks
ティーカップ: 3 chunks
ALTEFFOUR: 2 chunks <-- extra thanks for the one who started this whole thing going
レフト: 1 chunk

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Grrarg was the sound I made when the fucker died literally as I was reaching for the attack button that would've fired off Yoda and given me second place.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Blhue posted:

The fire boost is apparently running through May 31st, so probably not. That doesn't rule out the possibility of legfest immediately following it though, we dunno

The fire boost is ending tonight. Every day through May 31st is a different boost for elements in order to help people vaguely aim their Star Draw tickets at the element of their choice.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

Also hey does anyone know why SSR Rosetta's shield thing will randomly toggle off (with no bonus effect) from time to time despite having more than enough charge bar?

It turns off if she isn't hit for 2 rounds.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Tsurupettan posted:

I was the mvp because the boss was a literal babby who let yoda use his ougi 5 times.

She needs to get hit at least once every two turns, or else it just turns off. Worst part about playing her.

Valatar posted:

Grrarg was the sound I made when the fucker died literally as I was reaching for the attack button that would've fired off Yoda and given me second place.
Same, but when I joined ten minutes late :(

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Screwball should be looking into doing nightmare as well, probably one or two hours before the evening strike time if you can make it. (We also have 3 spots open for players, once unite and fight ends anyway.)

Psiwri fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 26, 2016

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Screwballers please show up in the discord channel (linked in the OP) to coordinate when to start the fight and to communicate during the fight if needed. Evening strike time is 11 p.m. EST, so maybe show up around 9 p.m. EST, roughly. We probably aren't going to wait to do it during strike time or anything. Or if you don't want to pop into the channel for some reason, just look for the event boss as a crew raid you can join during those times.

I'll be the Souplesse there tossing dark fencer debuffs and probably dying pretty quick.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
drat, tried to use their new web client to buy mobacoin with my credit card and kept failing due to some 3D error. Doing some research I'm guessing there's not much for me to do about it, guess there's no whaling for me.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Is there a write-up or guide somewhere of how best to actually give them money to get Mobacoins? I would like to take advantage of the surprise ticket while it's still around but I have no real idea how even to start. I've been running it on the web and on my iPhone.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Meiteron posted:

Is there a write-up or guide somewhere of how best to actually give them money to get Mobacoins? I would like to take advantage of the surprise ticket while it's still around but I have no real idea how even to start. I've been running it on the web and on my iPhone.

I play through the chrome client, so what I had to do was run the game on bluestacks, install it through QooApp and pay with my googleplay account. Worked fine like that. US googleplay accounts can pay without any problem, not sure about itunes but they should be alright too. I'd try to run it through checkout before adding any credit to your account first just to be on the safe side.

Click on the surprise ticket, draw, or whatever other offer they have going. You'll be taken to the mobacoin page to add more to your account if you have an insufficient amount (like zero), and from there you can click your desired package and it will prompt you for a payment method. Again, try to get to that point before you add any money to googleplay/itunes just to be on the safe side.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Everyman posted:

I play through the chrome client, so what I had to do was run the game on bluestacks, install it through QooApp and pay with my googleplay account. Worked fine like that. US googleplay accounts can pay without any problem, not sure about itunes but they should be alright too. I'd try to run it through checkout before adding any credit to your account first just to be on the safe side.

Click on the surprise ticket, draw, or whatever other offer they have going. You'll be taken to the mobacoin page to add more to your account if you have an insufficient amount (like zero), and from there you can click your desired package and it will prompt you for a payment method. Again, try to get to that point before you add any money to googleplay/itunes just to be on the safe side.

I'll do an iTunes guide when I get home if I remember, a lot of this doesn't help for iOS players

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Blhue posted:

I'll do an iTunes guide when I get home if I remember, a lot of this doesn't help for iOS players

I should have mentioned I did all of this on PC, thanks for bringing that up.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Notice: Screwball changed the 6 AM MST strike time to 1 PM MST to be at a less absolutely terrible time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Psiwri posted:

Notice: Screwball changed the 6 AM MST strike time to 1 PM MST to be at a less absolutely terrible time.

OP is updated. Also updated with the fact that it appears that the Discord server is really active!

Also, important note! If you're going to be inactive for more than week, likely you'll get pruned from So Awful in favor of more active people. This won't happen until after Guild Wars ends and likely the cutoff will be around 8-9 days.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Can I bring along a non-goon into one of the guilds here or do we need to keep looking elsewhere? My buddy and I would love to ditch the kinda lovely pubbie guild we're in now, but I don't wanna leave him stranded.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

:feelsgood:

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

Raitzeno posted:

Can I bring along a non-goon into one of the guilds here or do we need to keep looking elsewhere? My buddy and I would love to ditch the kinda lovely pubbie guild we're in now, but I don't wanna leave him stranded.

I would not mind taking you both in when GW ends, though if that friend/you are willing to use the discord that would be a major plus.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

We both are. We're in several other Discord channels anyway so it's not like we're new to that.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

So Awful got it's bait requirement filled super quick today! (and I'm super late at posting this)

Thanks go out to:
Stasiscore: 4 chunks
Tsurupettan: 2 chunks
graarg: 2 chunks
レフト: 2 chunks

We'll do the Nightmare boss again when Strike Time hits in about 4 hours! Get in Discord to chat with people if you want.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Meiteron posted:

I'm sure Blhue will have a more in-depth procedure, but what I've done is buy and redeem japanese iTunes cards via https://www.apartment507.com to purchase GranBlue coins. I have to stay on my japanese iTunes account on my phone in order to use the cards via the game. Apartment507 takes hours to process your order and give you a code, even as long as 12+ hours. Keep that in mind if a promo is about to end.

I know you mentioned Mobacoins, but I'm unfamiliar with that. (because when I sign on my japanese iTunes account, only GranBlue coins are available, but Mobacoins are available on my US account for some reason)

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

SirBukkake posted:

I'm sure Blhue will have a more in-depth procedure, but what I've done is buy and redeem japanese iTunes cards via https://www.apartment507.com to purchase GranBlue coins. I have to stay on my japanese iTunes account on my phone in order to use the cards via the game. Apartment507 takes hours to process your order and give you a code, even as long as 12+ hours. Keep that in mind if a promo is about to end.

I know you mentioned Mobacoins, but I'm unfamiliar with that. (because when I sign on my japanese iTunes account, only GranBlue coins are available, but Mobacoins are available on my US account for some reason)

My method involves buying mobacoins cards off of playasia, and they send me the serial basically instantly. Looks like they carry japanese itunes cards too, consider trying that instead next time.

Hell, I probably will next time too, since that will wind up being slightly cheaper, and probably less complicated

Blhue fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 27, 2016

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Screwball Nightmare boss fight coming soon, be online and preferably hop in the discord channel!

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Congratulations Screwball on your Nightmare victory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Is the op updated for the crews? I can't seem to search for one so should I just post my id here? or add one of the leaders?

• Locked thread