Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

panda clue posted:

juggernaut discharger is going to be a beautiful thing

SCOLDS + VAAL MOLTEN SHELL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

lurksion posted:

That 20% cull on slayer is weird - "kill enemies with 20% life or lower when hit", so it seems like its a counterattack thing (that you can't like increased rarity too).
It's the same wording as the one on the Culling Strike gem, so it's basically just super culling strike.

The new Reaver is very weird, but also very cool. Is super culling strike appreciably different from "20% more damage" aside from leech and reflect? Combined with the 20% more damage from Headsman, it could get pretty silly. And then the 20% area radius plus the 20% from getting Impact :stare:

panda clue posted:

juggernaut discharger is going to be a beautiful thing
Juggernaut Trypanon Cyclone COC Discharge? With Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium plus lightning damage and a Warlord's Mark aura?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

It's the same wording as the one on the Culling Strike gem, so it's basically just super culling strike.

The new Reaver is very weird, but also very cool. Is super culling strike appreciably different from "20% more damage" aside from leech and reflect? Combined with the 20% more damage from Headsman, it could get pretty silly. And then the 20% area radius plus the 20% from getting Impact :stare:

Juggernaut Trypanon Cyclone COC Discharge? With Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium plus lightning damage and a Warlord's Mark aura?
Huh, never noticed that wording on culling strike. That is a weird way to phrase it.

As for the CoC Discharge on Juggernaut hype - how do you can sustain endurance charges on bosses? Sure you get full charges, but you need to be able to generate that first charge. Enduring cry every 0.75 seconds won't cut it. And all the other endurance charge generations are either on getting hit, killing (Daresso Defiance), or endurance charge on melee stun (which you will not be getting much of). Am I missing anything?

Though...
If that works with the 20% chance to generate on hit, that might work.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 26, 2016

panda clue
May 23, 2014

lurksion posted:

it should, which will be lol. hopefully scolds are easy-ish to get this league like they were in perandus. this build is going to be gross.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
why did elementalist get so many buffs? also rip my ek scion plan :/

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

it should, which will be lol. hopefully scolds are easy-ish to get this league like they were in perandus. this build is going to be gross.

It should be testable even now, but my jugg doesn't have the 2.2 version of that notable

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

It should be testable even now, but my jugg doesn't have the 2.2 version of that notable

It counts as 'hitting yourself' for purposes of things like 'ignite on hit' to self-ignite and vaal molten shell, so there really is no reason why it wouldn't. I also cannot test it to confirm, though.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Before you make major scolds plans, keep in mind that coinman wont be in 2.3 so chances are scolds will be very expensive and hard to find.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

Before you make major scolds plans, keep in mind that coinman wont be in 2.3 so chances are scolds will be very expensive and hard to find.

It has already been confirmed that prophecies will have the chance to give old-league uniques. Chris has also said that they want to 'dial back' on giving out so many past uniques (like in Perandus) without entirely just pulling the carpet out from under people. You are right though that currently we have no idea how much it will or won't end up costing. Somewhere between 1 and 10ex :shepface:.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

lurksion posted:

Though...

panda clue posted:

Thats exactly how it works right now.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Scolds is so cool that I'm surprised no one has made a divination card for it

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

Scolds is so cool that I'm surprised no one has made a divination card for it

funny enough, I know several goons who have gotten it from Jack in the Box

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Am I the only one that reads "up to max end charges" as "a random number of charges between 1 and max"?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think its just a weird way of writing as many charges as you are missing from max.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Jeb is going to be very high energy in prophecy.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Holy poo poo Master Alchemist is insane now too.

Immune to Elemental Status Ailments during flask effect.
40% increased elemental damage during flask effect.
20% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite during flask effect.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

To me culling is basically useless in all applications except bosses, where its actually pretty nice. A 20% cull would be lovely for red map bosses. But specifically for prophecy, a 20% cull on the new map labyrinth izaro will be super handy, as the 3rd phase he starts on 66% hp or something iirc

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

TheRat posted:

Also worth mentioning that torment might not be in the zana mod rotation next league, making scolds that much harder to get.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Also does this mean that an Eldritch Battery Hierophant just has completely free skills forever? Nice.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

soscannonballs posted:

Jeb is going to be very high energy in prophecy.

oh my god that's right they made it even better

can you link your build again?

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

lurksion posted:

As for the CoC Discharge on Juggernaut hype - how do you can sustain endurance charges on bosses? Sure you get full charges, but you need to be able to generate that first charge. Enduring cry every 0.75 seconds won't cut it. And all the other endurance charge generations are either on getting hit, killing (Daresso Defiance), or endurance charge on melee stun (which you will not be getting much of). Am I missing anything?
I have no idea, honestly. It might be possible to use Endurance Charge on Melee Stun with some investment into reduced stun threshold and the additional chance from Warlord's Mark. (Seriously, how does the additional stun chance there even work? Is it just a flat bonus on top of the normal chance? Actually bosses have 60% reduced curse effect so this might be awful.)

Comedy option: CoC Raging Spirits and Heartbound Loop.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

gonadic io posted:

Also does this mean that an Eldritch Battery Hierophant just has completely free skills forever? Nice.

Negatory. You have to get a free 10% Mind over Matter to ever get Sanctuary of Thought.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

:eyepop:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Nice, the moment I get one of those that's a new (trap poisonfall) build right there. Or maybe just means that I can respec out of Master Herbalist.

Does the change to curse immunity mean that if you have that item equipped, and Atziri reflects a curse back at you then it'll go through a curse immune flask?

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 26, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Maybe in prophecy I'll play long enough to get enough money to finally try out my perma-leech Retch Slayer.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao kripp

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

panda clue posted:

Hinekora, Death's Fury
1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life

Does damage done by things like SB or RF totems count as Damage in this case?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

gonadic io posted:

Nice, the moment I get one of those that's a new (trap poisonfall) build right there. Or maybe just means that I can respec out of Master Herbalist.

Does the change to curse immunity mean that if you have that item equipped, and Atziri reflects a curse back at you then it'll go through a curse immune flask?

No, curse immunity flasks give actual immunity instead of hexproof as far as I understand.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Wow I am considering using this on my Poisonquaker holy crap. Depending on how the new EC thing works I could run self-cast Immortal Call and with Inc Duration + 8/9 endurance charges I could just be straight up immune to physical damage. +1 Curse and Poison on hit gives me 20% more damage from a second Ming's Heart, and another support gem, probably Rapid Decay or Faster Attacks.

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 26, 2016

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The tricky thing will be getting enough dex from the tree as an earthquaker. Well, it's not wasted if you stretch to IR.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Also: jeb has a kaoms, and for good reason. I think that chest is for builds that can keep everything at range.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

The tricky thing will be getting enough dex from the tree as an earthquaker. Well, it's not wasted if you stretch to IR.

I am already at like 150 or so dex, getting an extra 35 or so shouldn't be too difficult. I would have to see how much HP I would lose by swapping out Kaom's. It would probably be in the 1500 hp range which is significant. Still though, its a really cool item.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Aww man. That looks fun...but probably is not worth giving up a ES chest piece for my planned CI character I think.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Lungboy posted:

Does damage done by things like SB or RF totems count as Damage in this case?

No. "Damage" and "damage over time" are completely separate keywords. The only reason bonuses to "damage" usually buff DoTs is because most DoTs scale based on the damage done by some other spell or attack, like poison and bleed do. When a DoT does 20% of the damage of an attack, making the attack bigger also makes the DoT bigger. This is why Essence Drain has to specifically say "spell damage applies to the DoT" because otherwise bonuses to spell damage wouldn't affect the DoT.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Is there an actual list of the Ascendancy changes anywhere that you can see without downloading the planner? At work but I wanna see this cool poo poo.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

theshim posted:

Is there an actual list of the Ascendancy changes anywhere that you can see without downloading the planner? At work but I wanna see this cool poo poo.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nyAbZnf-OPPGYBWPPBGOz_Z2P8O2x28nx8YUpi-GMis/edit

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Looks like I'll be doing either elementalist or slayer because I like vaaling maps and that can often lead to reflect.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
These changes to juggernaut and elementalist do not help my decision making at all :smithicide:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

These changes to juggernaut and elementalist do not help my decision making at all :smithicide:

They help mine: having played jugger once Im never played anything else again (ok, Im not serious, but the jugger movement skill is the best qol Ive ever come across in poe). All I hoped for was that jugger wasnt nerfed. For some reason they buffed it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Same, that new Juggernaut thing would be perfect for the RF IW Discharger I did. Really want to try and do the Detonate Dead guy i'm planning as a Chieftan (or Arctic Breath AoF if DD sucks) might be better as a Juggernaut too now... Don't know why Jugger even got buffed so much and Chieftan barely got anything.

Can't decide between doing an Oro's Sacrifice Lightning Strike Raider or basically the exact same build with a Hyaon's. They're both about the same damage but Hyaon's lets you wear a shield

• Locked thread