Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

okay videogames i think it's time you bought a permit ok

if you don't im coming for you

Don't you dare :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
If you follow The Code and have a permit, you will never be ganked by a CODE. or a New Order Agent.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

globby i'll loving cut you

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

ChickenWing posted:

globby i'll loving cut you

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I'm not a threat to VideoGames, I'm his savior from the monotony of mining!

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Orions Lord posted:

Sorry to tell you VG but you will be transformed into a evil killer it just takes some time.
It's a slow process but we will succeed.

His inevitable shuttle death on the journey down to Esoteria and the Steve wreck will be the tipping point into bloodlust.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

pmchem posted:

Re: MH drama of last few pages. If GSF booted capital/supercap directors based on inactivity, I'm surprised there are any left. The level of non-communication about anything to Titan pilots is amazing. Of course, not much chance to use them recently, but even patch or fittings discussion is p much dead. Reminds me of the Bring Stabity era. I kind of miss Vily, which is bizarre to say, because his posts often sucked. Only 1 director has reached out to help Titans trapped in bad places, at least from what I've seen (not naming just to avoid giving away a Titan helper to hostiles).

Happy to say that when I was de-directored for inactivity many months ago, I had already lined up a successor (who's unfortunately also doing little/nothing for GARPA these days) and gave no fucks because it was long overdue. But, similar to others it was handled rather impersonally and gracelessly. No chat before or after, just a short Sion forum message, demotion, and screwing up lots of roles on my characters that I had to follow-up and fix. I made no posts or threads at the time. No log dumps. Still chilling with the same old space folk. I like the people in my little corners of the swarm.

What compelled you to join the directorate instead of living it out in garpa like a boss :cripes:

Also whats up garpa buddy with logs :glomp:

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not a threat to VideoGames, I'm his savior from the monotony of mining!

We must form a sphere of protection around VideoGames!

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I would read that book :)

I would buy that book :)

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
What was that part about predictions, is there a prediction quota and accuracy requirement in illum? That would be kinda hardcore, and I'd dig it.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I'm trying to come up with a MostlyHarmless/Nostradamus pun but it's just not working out.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

okay videogames i think it's time you bought a permit ok

if you don't im coming for you

And thus will years of enmity be put aside, and the CFC Imperium and MBC shall bury their grievances and take up arms together to defend :shobon:.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

frozenpussy posted:

What was that part about predictions, is there a prediction quota and accuracy requirement in illum? That would be kinda hardcore, and I'd dig it.

If being good at predicting outcomes was all that was needed to be a director I'd be in like flint.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Quoting just because that avatar is awesome. Although I'm more of a Mei's Bei myself.

how are you not a booty man, flanders?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Rhymenoserous posted:

If being good at predicting outcomes was all that was needed to be a director I'd be in like flint.

"just"

I didn't mean to diminish the directorate, I'm just curious if predictions are a requirement. It's also easy to say you've been right about things, guy.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I think it would be very impressive to have a proven track record of accurate predictions, beyond the shotgun approach us normal tier players take and who are only correct some of the time.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

frozenpussy posted:

"just"

I didn't mean to diminish the directorate, I'm just curious if predictions are a requirement. It's also easy to say you've been right about things, guy.

no, there are no predictions report requirements

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Ad by Khad posted:

for every procurer of his you kill, I'm going to buy him three.

We should make a VideoGames Defense Force, following him around with Rifters all day protecting him from the Evils of EVE.

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

If you follow The Code and have a permit, you will never be ganked by a CODE. or a New Order Agent.

Following the CODE will never get you ganked in the first place, making the permit useless. But we had this discussion in the last thread.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm pretty sure that VideoGames is always attentive and actively mining at the keyboard, with doe eyes, made large with awe and love.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

All Directors have to do a monthly forecasting powerpoint with their monthly TPS reports

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

vyst posted:

All Directors have to do a monthly forecasting powerpoint with their monthly TPS reports

Are you allowed to outsource predictions to your local psychic?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Hey vyst, as the former auth director, how often does the auth team press butan for alts? Asking for a friend.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love all of your support everyone :kimchi:

Luckily though I have read the code website, and if they are as honourable as they say then I should be fine. I only mine for maybe 20 minutes or so every few days. Most of the time I am reading things about the game, or docked or doing missions. Lately I've been flying around in other ships looking at markets and space :D

There's no monotony occurring when I do mine, it's still as fun as the first and I watch my ship doing the mining too. It's so peaceful.

There's no reason I should be attacked by any honourable people.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Hubbl3 posted:

Following the CODE will never get you ganked in the first place, making the permit useless. But we had this discussion in the last thread.

isn't the code effectively "don't mine"?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Jazzzzz posted:

generally don't afk mine/autopilot freighter

although others don't really care and just blow people up for fun

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Given that Deklein is lost for the time being i think The Mittani should lead an exodus Darius Johnson style out from under the gaggle of shitlords squatting on the Saranen undock to the only thing goons were ever good at: highsec ganking.

Rob the MBC and PL of their content and visit misery upon Jita.

reset everyone too

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Jazzzzz posted:

I think it's more like "Don't get caught mining/doing PvE in general in Hisec". The CODE basically wants the people play in Hisec as in Lowsec or Nullsec, watching Local, using DScan, tanking their ship, preparing for PvP, using scouts for scouting your route and so on.

Orange Red Bull posted:

Given that Deklein is lost for the time being i think The Mittani should lead an exodus Darius Johnson style out from under the gaggle of shitlords squatting on the Saranen undock to the only thing goons were ever good at: highsec ganking.

reset everyone too

Since Miniluv is completely self sufficient this should be possible.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
i'm about to get banned lol disregard

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I afk freighter all the time, am I at risk?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Huge_Midget posted:

Hey vyst, as the former auth director, how often does the auth team press butan for alts? Asking for a friend.

I added a pair of ancient cyno alts and they got authed in like 30 minutes last week.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Orange Red Bull posted:

reset everyone too

If we moved the entire coalition then we could probably hit all of the trade hubs at the same time. Also, now that FCON have hosed off, no-one has an excuse to not show up.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

It would be like Burn Jita all year long how much more hype can you get.

While we're offering free advice to the direkkktorate thats gonna be 100% ignored i would like to say that the way to combat iwantisk is to have a site with a definitively better win-rate. One thing eve nerds are good at is figuring out how to make a profit and analyzing the numbers.

If there was a site that had a proven win-rate better than iwantisk they would be dead in a month.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Huge_Midget posted:

Pretty often.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
So last night I had a dream about EVE and it was awesome and poo poo and then in the morning I subscribed before I returned to a fit mental state.

I haven't played in ages. I think I last played a few months before Vilerat passed. I can't find a succinct summary anywhere, and pubbie summaries were comically wrong last I remember, so... uh... what's happened since 2013 or whatever?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

It would be like Burn Jita all year long how much more hype can you get.

While we're offering free advice to the direkkktorate thats gonna be 100% ignored i would like to say that the way to combat iwantisk is to have a site with a definitively better win-rate. One thing eve nerds are good at is figuring out how to make a profit and analyzing the numbers.

If there was a site that had a proven win-rate better than iwantisk they would be dead in a month.

That's the best idea I've seen yet, goddamn. All you'd have to do is run a gambling site that broke even after banker compensation. You could also do a dividends payout to all players if you come up with a positive balance.

+1 holy poo poo lol

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
If it took all day to lose ISK rather than a loving 10million ISK addict tax per spin like IWI

not that I know

serious jk I've only played with 25mil to see how the site worked.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
it was over in five minutes and I was left feeling like I got scammed

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

frozenpussy posted:

it was over in five minutes and I was left feeling like I got scammed

did you get any small wins in that time? slots/scratchers work by paying out small just often enough to keep you pushing that butan while dangling a huge payout in front of you that you'll never see

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I'm shocked to learn that illum personnel retention work is still being handled by an autistic robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Jazzzzz posted:

did you get any small wins in that time? slots/scratchers work by paying out small just often enough to keep you pushing that butan while dangling a huge payout in front of you that you'll never see

only ever 10-20% of the value of a spin and it was clearly a rapidly losing proposition. Really felt like an idiot for giving someone ISK just to blink some pixels at me.

• Locked thread