Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

They're both about the same damage but Hyaon's lets you wear a second Hyaon's.

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Sweet, thanks.

Okay, so now I could do a 4 golem Elementalist build :v: It'll still be bad, but it's there!! I could also do the Flameblast build again, it'll only be even better now.

lol Occultist

Necromancer is trying to get people to take things besides the Offering one, heh

holy poo poo Toxic Delivery gives 100% more damage :getin:

Deadeye got some interesting buffs

Headsman giving 20% more after recent kills is sweet

Champion got the nerf bat, no one is surprised

Juggernaut seems fukken busted now :eyepop:

Berserker changes seem pretty nice

Scion losing the automatic leech from Berserker hurts a lot though

Some cool poo poo here. Really ought to run a Juggernaut this league, though I'm still probably gonna start with the shock nova trapper.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

theshim posted:

Necromancer is trying to get people to take things besides the Offering one, heh

I think necromancer is trying to appeal to what it was probably intended for - necromancers :p

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Having not played in years, there's no point to starting a new character until the new challenge league opens up, right? The standard league seems completely hosed, economy-wise.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

For some reason they buffed it lol.

probably has to do with no one playing it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Somebody pick a build for me to do because I've come up with dozen of (bad) ideas and can't decide.

Nostrum posted:

Having not played in years, there's no point to starting a new character until the new challenge league opens up, right? The standard league seems completely hosed, economy-wise.

Yes on both counts.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Juggernaut was already really strong (imo of course) but it was overshadowed by everyone playing Champion. I thought Juggernaut was a stronger class for melee builds than Champion anyway, but now it looks completely bonkers.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

whypick1 posted:

Somebody pick a build for me to do because I've come up with dozen of (bad) ideas and can't decide.
Chin Sol Blast Rain Totems.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

Juggernaut was already really strong (imo of course) but it was overshadowed by everyone playing Champion. I thought Juggernaut was a stronger class for melee builds than Champion anyway, but now it looks completely bonkers.

I agree with all of this.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
can i play self cast fire discharge

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Reading this update has me excited to play again.

TheRat posted:

I think necromancer is trying to appeal to what it was probably intended for - necromancers :p

It's me. I'm the necromancer that never touched the Offering nodes. :v:

:smith:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Nostrum posted:

You can always just dick around to get reacquainted with the game. If you haven't played in that long a lot of things have changed.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Should be strong in Prophecy.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I'm very seriously considering doing this myself. I've never played self-cast discharge, but being able to force instant max charges with a single enduring cry every few seconds makes the playstyle far more appealing to me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Daresso chest for maximum charges on kill, onslaught on getting hit for however many seconds with 8-10 charges.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

panda clue posted:

I'm very seriously considering doing this myself. I've never played self-cast discharge, but being able to force instant max charges with a single enduring cry every few seconds makes the playstyle far more appealing to me.

Just use Blasphemy Warlords Mark?

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Holy poops I'm totally making a Blood Magic Lacerate Slayer. Huge leech, immune to bleed and stun, super culling, aoe and damage boost if you've killed recently, halved reflect damage, twenty whole seconds of Onslaught after killing a Rare/Unique...

Laugh at all map mods except leech immunity. Right click to victory with what is basically double reave for two-handers.

Question is whether to use Axes or Swords. I'm thinking Doomsower would be a great weapon to start with, so probably swords. Lacerate won't get the fire damage bonus but the aoe radius will be swell and Doomsower is generally pretty cheap.
Maybe eventually switch to Axes with Atziri's Disfavour if I'm rich enough.

Edit: Somebody should make a Vigilant Strike Juggernaut

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Kild posted:

Just use Blasphemy Warlords Mark?

oh no, I definitely would still be doing this. I just hate the 'buildup' when you start at 0 charges, or when you blow a blue pack and they don't die, leaving you to putter about trying to grab charges so you can do a big discharge again. Being able to have a short cooldown that basically just puts you at max charges as long as 1 mob is near you entirely solves these annoying edge cases.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

panda clue posted:

oh no, I definitely would still be doing this. I just hate the 'buildup' when you start at 0 charges, or when you blow a blue pack and they don't die, leaving you to putter about trying to grab charges so you can do a big discharge again. Being able to have a short cooldown that basically just puts you at max charges as long as 1 mob is near you entirely solves these annoying edge cases.

yeah definitely, same deal with bosses.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

theshim posted:

Chin Sol Blast Rain Totems.

Eh, did an Iron Commander (Chieftain/Deadeye) build with Blast Rain this league, if I were to do something similar I'd go plain Deadeye and be lightning focused with Static Electricity.

Not sure how great it would be for first character of the league, but since I've never done a CI character, I was kinda thinking of Occultist Poison Blade Vortex. Tree. Jewel slot for Energy from Within. Kinda like that Pathfinder BV from a few pages ago, have one main BV setup and a second Curse on Hit setup (Warlord's and Vulnerability/Enfeeble; map Ascendancy would go to Malediction, so one of those two would be manually casted).

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I just noticed that Trypanon is exclusive to the Perandus league :negative:

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Vasudus posted:

Daresso chest for maximum charges on kill, onslaught on getting hit for however many seconds with 8-10 charges.

Plus a 20% chance that the hit that gave you onslaught will fill up your endurance charges again.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what did they nerf on champion? perma fortify i assume?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Awesome! posted:

what did they nerf on champion? perma fortify i assume?

They removed the buffs to fortify so its only normal strength, some nodes were very slightly reduced numerically and the damage bonus on the fortitude path was made melee only. All in all, its slightly worse for melee and quite a bit worse for everthing else but still entirely viable.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Since GGG was unwilling, this sperg cataloged every ascendancy change
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4l6pc8/every_23_ascendancy_change_before_and_after/

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I want to play jugger but is there a legit first character build for it since EQ was kinda slow before I got currency

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Calling it now, poisonquaker with that new chest will be meta as gently caress, especially as a shadow with toxic delivery, the sheer amount of more multipliers you're throwing at your poison is disgusting. Poison doing 6x the base hit as DoT per second seems incredibly broken.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

Time to wait for mathil to come up with something fun to play and go that and deal with high prices of the uniques it uses.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

nightwisher posted:

Calling it now, poisonquaker with that new chest will be meta as gently caress, especially as a shadow with toxic delivery, the sheer amount of more multipliers you're throwing at your poison is disgusting. Poison doing 6x the base hit as DoT per second seems incredibly broken.

I'm gonna guess that the chest is t1 rarity and will be ridiculously expensive. Possibly skyforth tier.

Good news is that there will be a lot of really good, affordable rare evasion chests if it is! :shepface:

J
Jun 10, 2001

I was expecting the item they were adding to bypass hexproof was going to be some lovely as gently caress amulet that was like +10 strength -25 life, your curses bypass hexproof. Not an insanely good item like that chest is. :eyepop:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
2.3 looking more exciting with literally every thing I read about it, hype

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

panda clue posted:

Any word on whether or not Perandus will be a Zana mod? I had such a good build planned :(

panda clue
May 23, 2014

gonadic io posted:

Any word on whether or not Perandus will be a Zana mod? I had such a good build planned :(

pretty sure CW has already confirmed that for 2.3 that is a big fat nope

Also, since that chest has pale council lore on it, it may be 'the rare drop' from the council fight.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 26, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I can't imagine Perandus ever being a Zana mod since the whole point of it is to slowly build up coins through annoying as gently caress chest fights to buy cool poo poo from Perandus, who may or may not show up in the map.

Probably the same reason why Talisman isn't one as well.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

panda clue posted:

Also, since that chest has pale council lore on it, it may be 'the rare drop' from the council fight.

From the unique's creator:

quote:

The flavor text evolved with Cospri's Will as did its various versions. The final flavor text speaks of a Council, not the Pale Council that's being added with Prophecy. This Council fails to see the power Cospri is capable of and as such casts him aside forever to be mocked. To be more literal, the 1st line directly refers to us using Curses as that's the entire point of this chest, the 2nd line speaks to our ability to Curse Enemies that are Hexproof, and the 3rd line to the fools who don't see the potential in this item.

The naming was interesting. I knew for a fact the base item was going to always be an Assassin's Garb and I wanted a name that made sense with that base item's name being there. In a lot of ways this influenced the mods themselves. Nick and I shared a few ideas ranging from religious names (a no-go) to Karui God names. Ultimately I chose Cospri for the name. Cospri is a name I made up a few years ago by combining Coke and Sprite into one word. It may not be very original, but at least I didn't name it after myself.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bugsy posted:

From the unique's creator:

quote:

Cospri is a name I made up a few years ago by combining Coke and Sprite into one word

This guy probably drinks Graveyards, doesn't he?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

panda clue posted:

drat. Guess it's back to a poisonfall trap (or mine!) Assassin with Binos and Southbound. Also puncturing with Binos for the sweet sweet 20% of phys as extra chaos. Either that or double Obliteration.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 26, 2016

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

whypick1 posted:

I can't imagine Perandus ever being a Zana mod since the whole point of it is to slowly build up coins through annoying as gently caress chest fights to buy cool poo poo from Perandus, who may or may not show up in the map.

Probably the same reason why Talisman isn't one as well.

They could implement fatty as guaranteed vendor in map, coins for currency and one or two items for coins. Also 2 or 3 chests with packs

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

dangerdoom volvo posted:

panda clue posted:

I did this as a Righteous Fire, Iron Will Scion in Talisman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-AiWibY_ug

All my gear was poo poo (only had the necessary Doon's, Pyre and Rise of the Phoenix), I only had a 4l up until 85 where I got bored of the league and suicided on a dumb map. Probably the most fun build I've played and can be quite fast too, it'll be even better with all the endurance charge buffs from Juggernaut now and the newly buffed Prolif if you can get the AoE up, but I don't think you need it if you go full AoE anyway. The original build has you going all the way over to Acrobatics and picking up Frenzy charges, then using Daresso's for gaining charges. If you kill one enemy you'll get full charges if you play the new Juggernaut, won't even need Blasphemy Warlords. I think I had something like 7 endurance charges and 4 frenzy charges all dealing fire damage because of Pyre and sustaining charges wasn't that big a deal with just warlords mark. it's even easier if you go dodge and use the daresso.

You can change it however you want as well. You don't need to go Righteous Fire if you don't want to. Can go Iron Will on it's own or not and scale through conventional means or drop the Acrobatics/Daresso's and just use Blasphemy Warlords and a Kaoms instead and use a Searing Touch for your 6L or a Repentance with Discharge in a Geoffri's Crest for a 5link and +1 gems.

It'll work with a bunch of other ascendancies as well... Chieftan, Hierophant, Elementalist etc.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

TheRat posted:

They removed the buffs to fortify so its only normal strength, some nodes were very slightly reduced numerically and the damage bonus on the fortitude path was made melee only. All in all, its slightly worse for melee and quite a bit worse for everthing else but still entirely viable.

They nerfed the straight bonus effect to fortify, but they added other bonuses to those nodes.

Pathing to perma-fortify, instead of 20% increased effect of Fortify on you, you get the following:

58% increased melee damage while you have fortify
30% increased armour and evasion while you have fortify

gonadic io posted:

Perandus is not appearing in Standard in any way at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

• Locked thread