Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pellisworth posted:

If you grab the medallion your vision zooms in and you see a trail of glowing red footprints guiding you to your destination.

No, obviously you would see skid marks and tire tracks telling you where to go to investigate the car crash and discover it was the result of a Nekker behind the wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
you know you're a Witcher fanboy/girl when you say "c'mon Roach" as you start your car to head to work

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There should be a mod where Geralt channels the player's feelings and calls Roach a loving idiot retard every time she veers off the path or comes to a dead stop for no reason

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Deakul posted:

Yes.

Also, woop, got my wolf medallion for the car. :3:

"Hmm....potholes or danger."

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I don't know if it's the AI or what, but I feel like 25-30% of the city cutscenes in Witcher 1 have at least one of these ghoulish little kids peering at the back of my head. This one was especially absurd because he's positioned between a group of soldiers conducting battle drills. They're just swinging their swords and halberds clear over his head.

I don't want anybody to spoil it for me, but I feel like it's going to (eventually) be revealed that they're all Azar Javed's "eyes", immediately followed by half a dozen flashbacks of kids staring at the back of Geralt's head as he discusses sensitive topics.

Ridiculous.

Dwarves screaming, "NOW YOU'VE MADE ME ANGRY" is probably the second most common line behind, "My baaaallls itch." Seriously, whoever made the decision to put huge pointy helmets on them so that they look like furious lawn gnomes and not rugged LOTR lumberjacks...right on.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Also this is probably the raddest image to come out of the entire Witcher series:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Im reading this wrong, right? Blood and Wine can't possibly be 35gb.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
I *love* the cutscene art stuff in the Witcher 1. They are fantastic. Actually, all the art, including the nude ladies, is beautifully done.

The best line is "your mother sucks dwarf cock."

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I hosed a she-elf once.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Depending on your platform the download itself will likely be smaller.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Also this is probably the raddest image to come out of the entire Witcher series:

Man, the Witcher 1 really gave you such a drat good feeling from outsmarting a powerful Mage on your own.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Funky See Funky Do posted:

MORE GBs == BETTER THAN

The expansion is based around an entirely new region that is supposedly on par with the scale of Novigrad. That's a lot of asset files.

May 31st can't come fast enough, can't wait to dive into this.

Edit: 35GB looks like the free space needed (space you need for the extracted files after it's installed.) The download itself will probably be substantially less than 35GB.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Leinadi posted:

I *love* the cutscene art stuff in the Witcher 1. They are fantastic. Actually, all the art, including the nude ladies, is beautifully done.

The best line is "your mother sucks dwarf cock."
My favorite cutscene art was in Witcher 2. Comic-book style but fantastically made. The guy who made them does fantastic stuff: http://shzrebelka.tumblr.com/

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Great image, but after thinking on it, I can't unsee Casey Affleck from Good Will Hunting.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I was going to play through the game again in preparation for Blood and Wine but I forgot how huge this game is. Is B&W going to have a pre-made character option like Hearts of Stone?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Swedish Horror posted:

I was going to play through the game again in preparation for Blood and Wine but I forgot how huge this game is. Is B&W going to have a pre-made character option like Hearts of Stone?
Yup.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Swedish Horror posted:

My big concern is that it's been awhile since I played the game and I've basically forgotten how the controls work and I'm about to jump back in to a gigantic expansion :sweatdrop:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Pyromancer posted:

It vibrates when there are bad drivers around, right?

It's always vibrating! :byodood:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Pellisworth posted:

you know you're a Witcher fanboy/girl when you say "c'mon Roach" as you start your car to head to work

drat, a storm. *smears rain-x on the wiper blades*

Dr. Abysmal posted:

There should be a mod where Geralt channels the player's feelings and calls Roach a loving idiot retard every time she veers off the path or comes to a dead stop for no reason

Please be nice to video game horses :(

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

IkeTurner posted:

MORE GBs == BETTER THAN

The expansion is based around an entirely new region that is supposedly on par with the scale of Novigrad. That's a lot of asset files.

May 31st can't come fast enough, can't wait to dive into this.

Edit: 35GB looks like the free space needed (space you need for the extracted files after it's installed.) The download itself will probably be substantially less than 35GB.

It looks like it's just displaying the space needed for the base game. Witcher 3 is 35gb also.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

Anyone know which alchemy vendor sells the Draconid Oil recipe?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I think I saw somewhere the DLC itself is ~10GB.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Literally 15 seconds after receiving an ancient and legendary sword from a goddess, Geralt does this with it.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Literally 15 seconds after receiving an ancient and legendary sword from a goddess, Geralt does this with it.

Well at least he's actually using the thing.
Most 'legendary' or 'heirloom' swords that get bestowed on Geralt usually get melted down for scrap or sold to the nearest vendor!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Megazver posted:

I think I saw somewhere the DLC itself is ~10GB.

Here's a tweet from a CD Projekt community lead:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/733314366205001734?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I suspect he'd know :v:

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm still at the beginning of the game, I just got to the part of the bloody baron quest where it goes "Finish of the other leads, then find Anna". For this or any other quest do I need to be concerned about accidentally auto-advancing the plot and failing quests like in 1, or will it explicitly warn me when I'm about to do something that will screw me out of other content?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Omi no Kami posted:

I'm still at the beginning of the game, I just got to the part of the bloody baron quest where it goes "Finish of the other leads, then find Anna". For this or any other quest do I need to be concerned about accidentally auto-advancing the plot and failing quests like in 1, or will it explicitly warn me when I'm about to do something that will screw me out of other content?

A) It will warn you in the one instance you can do this b) you are very, very far away from that.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Megazver posted:

A) It will warn you in the one instance you can do this b) you are very, very far away from that.

There is at least one other quest I can think of that fails a couple of sidequests if you haven't done them and doesn't give you warning for it, but that's for when you've finished up all the leads in Velen, Novigrad, and Skellige, so is still a ways off anyway.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Okay awesome, thanks guys! (Sidenote, holy poo poo the baron quest is great so far.)

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Omi no Kami posted:

Okay awesome, thanks guys! (Sidenote, holy poo poo the baron quest is great so far.)

It's probably the high point of the game in terms of emotional ups and downs. You learn enough about the character that's it's very easy to justify both hating him for what he did and taking pity on him for everything that's happened.

Normally I wouldn't consider putting the "money shot" quest so early in the game to be a wise decision, but I think it works out well for Witcher 3. It's still several hours into the game, which would be a substantial portion for any other game, plus grabbing people with the quest means they're more likely to stay for the rest of the amazing content.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, that quest is all around fantastic and does a great job setting the tone for the rest of the game, too. I don't think there are any other quests that have human drama quite as compelling as that one, though there are definitely other excellent quest lines throughout the game.

I'm looking forward to digging into Hearts of Stone finally this weekend, as I've heard that one was really impressive on a character level.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I think its hilarious theres a mod to remove the light and in character comments to Roach. Violence of every kind, sex, torture... But "Come on roach!" a step too far, even though ive yelled far worse as that useless loving horse stops dead because it decided the slught change in elevation cannot be surmounted

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Where is that Pig quest that everyone raves about? I've put like 100 hours into this and never found it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hemophilia posted:

I think its hilarious theres a mod to remove the light and in character comments to Roach. Violence of every kind, sex, torture... But "Come on roach!" a step too far, even though ive yelled far worse as that useless loving horse stops dead because it decided the slught change in elevation cannot be surmounted

I like when Geralt says he'd get along well with the pellar's goat Princess because she has the most important quality for any good Roach: she doesn't talk.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

404notfound posted:

It's probably the high point of the game in terms of emotional ups and downs. You learn enough about the character that's it's very easy to justify both hating him for what he did and taking pity on him for everything that's happened.

Normally I wouldn't consider putting the "money shot" quest so early in the game to be a wise decision, but I think it works out well for Witcher 3. It's still several hours into the game, which would be a substantial portion for any other game, plus grabbing people with the quest means they're more likely to stay for the rest of the amazing content.

It definitely worked out that way for me, though there is some pretty great content ahead of that questline. For example, saving a dying woman only to find out later from her lover that she's essentially brain dead as a result of the cure; maybe there are other games that have these sorts of morally ambiguous, compelling stories, executed this well, but if so I haven't run into them.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
They've really made some amazing improvements to the game, looking at all the changes coming with the new expansion there's almost nothing left about the game I don't like. It's really impressive just how much time and care they've put into improving the experience of an already great game over the year.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Beeez posted:

They've really made some amazing improvements to the game, looking at all the changes coming with the new expansion there's almost nothing left about the game I don't like. It's really impressive just how much time and care they've put into improving the experience of an already great game over the year.

In that vein, the changelog for the 1.20 patch that's coming alongside the DLC is available and it's a doozy.

source: https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/736210160788475904

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 27, 2016

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

In that vein, the changelog for the 1.20 patch that's coming alongside the DLC is available and it's a doozy.

(source: https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/736210160788475904)

So much cool stuff in this, the Gwent book in particular is brilliant.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

I can't believe I'm asking this but....
If I said "ILU" to Triss but after 12+ hours of gameplay and reading some lore, I've been wanting to pursue the Yen love interest story line.
Am I boned if I made that dialogue choice? Or is there a way to get out of the Triss love story without reverting to a previous save state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

DevCore posted:

I can't believe I'm asking this but....
If I said "ILU" to Triss but after 12+ hours of gameplay and reading some lore, I've been wanting to pursue the Yen love interest story line.
Am I boned if I made that dialogue choice? Or is there a way to get out of the Triss love story without reverting to a previous save state?

You can't take back a declaration like that once it's been made. Quit being such a player. ;)