Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

legoman727 posted:

Speaking of modern drafts, is there anything valuable in tenth edition for the flashback drafts or is it just a skippable core set?

No money but I found the draft format pretty fun. It is interesting to me to play sets with power levels much weaker than Modern sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Stuff like this makes me wish for a similar guide for mtgo pricing. The conversion rate is really strange sometimes.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Mezzanon posted:

Revised used to be my Go-To because I love the sideways T tap symbol. But people hate it when my lands have the word "tap" on them even more.

I like em, so whatever *kanye shrug*

I like having white bordered lands because it's easier to fetch.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Honestly I'm just glad they followed the rule of 'if you're gonna give your kid a terrible nerd name make it a real one'. That kid could have been a little Ajani Goldmane

Ajani is a real name, too.

Judd Stackington
Oct 27, 2015

TheMaestroso posted:

Stuff like this makes me wish for a similar guide for mtgo pricing. The conversion rate is really strange sometimes.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/index/10E#online

Goldfish has set-by-set pricing with TCGplayer and Cardhoarder pricing.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/index/PAUPER#online

Which will also tell you the 'price' of Pauper is the lowest in six months. What exactly happened in October that made the prices fluctuate?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Everybody just all wanted to use the most expensive cards at the same time, by coincidence :>

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Odd one

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Two of ,y friends named their daughter Elspeth... So there is that one too.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I would HATE to play against this in EDH. My deck's name is What's Yours Is Mine :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
When did Innocent Blood get spoiled?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Well he's not gonna be in Conspiracy.

Since he's dead.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

TheKingofSprings posted:

When did Innocent Blood get spoiled?

About 8 hours ago

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Because I like having the card scans up, here's the rest that haven't been posted (though some have been mentioned):

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol Emperor Croc with the Rare->Common shift. This might be the weirdest set I've ever seen.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Heritage Druid spoiled for EMA on community Super League At Rare, LOL

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Wow, what a rarity drop for Emperor Croc. Its the Scion of the Wild for EMA.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Another limited decision I'm guessing, though it's an $11 uncommon so not too ridiculous a choice.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Are you loving kidding me

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

GoutPatrol posted:

Are you loving kidding me

-someone who's never faced down 8 power worth of creatures on turn 2

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So New-art FoW, New-art ControlMagic, Natural Order, New-art Mom, and Swords

A good set for Terese Nielsen foil collectors :yum:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

suicidesteve posted:

-someone who's never faced down 8 power worth of creatures on turn 2

In a dedicated Elves deck, yes. I doubt they have the density of Elves available to do it in limited, which is what I thought this set was supposed to be about.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Archenteron posted:

Mother of Runes isn't new artwork, it was printed in the Kiora versus Elspeth duel deck.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I hadn't considered that being unable to demonstrate loops on modo, meaningfully (if not that harshly) hampers Abzan Company online.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Archenteron posted:

I'm going to need to dig out all my TN cards and send them out to her for signing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Judd Stackington posted:

Which will also tell you the 'price' of Pauper is the lowest in six months. What exactly happened in October that made the prices fluctuate?

Leagues for Pauper started (after Pauper being basically killed due to lovely dailies and nothing else), an inbred metagame caused Hydroblast to spike in price to ridiculous levels, and a weird holiday season and the announcement of those flashback drafts only being modern sets causing singles from Masques and Masters Edition sets to spike.

Gonna enjoy building basically everything for Pauper online though. I was waiting out on building Pauper Bogles because of 11 dollar Ancestral Masks. If they printed Heritage Druid at rare (seriously Wizards? gently caress off) then presumably we'll be getting an uncommon Nettle Sentinel. With that I can finish getting Stompy and build the whole gauntlet.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Am I missing something, or does Wizards reprinting money commons at rare make them illegal for pauper?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Am I missing something, or does Wizards reprinting money commons at rare make them illegal for pauper?

Have they ever been common on MTGO?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Pauper is "Has ever been common" not "Has always been common"

quote:

Example: Counterspell was a common card in Seventh Edition Core Set online. Counterspell was reprinted in Masters Edition II with an uncommon expansion symbol. Both versions of the card can now be used in pauper.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/gameplay/formats/pauper

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

I loving wish Heritage Druid was ever a common because can you loving imagine that poo poo in pauper, a format with very few ways to wipe the board?

Also gently caress Sinkhole.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Oraculum Animi posted:

Mother of Runes isn't new artwork, it was printed in the Kiora versus Elspeth duel deck.

New in an actual printed set, meaning this is the first time we can get pack-foils of it!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

In a dedicated Elves deck, yes. I doubt they have the density of Elves available to do it in limited, which is what I thought this set was supposed to be about.

Actually, it's about Endeavors in Modern Accounting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

No. If something was printed as a common ever it's legal in Pauper.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 27, 2016

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Eh, can someone help me understand this card's ability? When it deals damage to a player you get to exile some cards and then just put them back? What's the point? What am I missing?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

caiman posted:

Eh, can someone help me understand this card's ability? When it deals damage to a player you get to exile some cards and then just put them back? What's the point? What am I missing?

Re-trigger enter the battlefield abilities, put attackers back untapped.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

caiman posted:

The idea is to use him with creatures that do things when they enter the battlefield: lone missionary, court hussar, eternal witness, coiling Oracle...

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

caiman posted:

Enter the battlefield effects.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Ah, got it, thanks guys.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

He also works great with mana rocks which you are probably running a pile of in commander any way.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Full spoiler
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/eternal-masters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Molybdenum posted:

The idea is to use him with creatures that do things when they enter the battlefield: lone missionary, court hussar, eternal witness, coiling Oracle...

Captain of the Watch, Spine of Ish Sah, Myr Battlesphere, Venser, Sun Titan, Lavinia of the Tenth, Stonehorn Dignitary and all kinds of other cool EDH"y" things to make your friends/casuals hate playing with you

• Locked thread