Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Pale Peril posted:

I think some kinda limit on SP would be more fair. Or even better, everyone must participate with a new character of which all were created on the same day. Event lasts as long as a trial account (Its back to 21 days, right?)

With new characters in mind, I think it would be neat to come up with a naming scheme that participants can identify each other in local. (Example: A predetermined last name of something like 'Iron-man', but unique or EVE specific that isn't already used... as I'm sure there are already characters in game with the name of iron-man.) Plus if you see named participant in local, should be obligated / some incentive to duel.

The trials generated by referral links are 21 days, I think if you just download the client it might still be 14 (was when I started about 6 weeks ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost
I was on a DBRB hotdrop a day or 2 ago, and after the jump, half my modules were offline on my SB. The fitting window still showed everything as online, but on my hotbars they were not. I slowly tried to online everything, but eventually ran into a 'you don't have enough CPU' message, even though I most definitely had before I undocked. It was like my skills or rigs weren't being applied any longer.

I'm guessing this is a random problem with brain in a box, but I've experienced this a couple times now, and it took a while to fix even back in station.

Anyone else ever experienced a problem where half your modules go offline while in space after a session change?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Zalmun posted:

I was on a DBRB hotdrop a day or 2 ago, and after the jump, half my modules were offline on my SB. The fitting window still showed everything as online, but on my hotbars they were not. I slowly tried to online everything, but eventually ran into a 'you don't have enough CPU' message, even though I most definitely had before I undocked. It was like my skills or rigs weren't being applied any longer.

I'm guessing this is a random problem with brain in a box, but I've experienced this a couple times now, and it took a while to fix even back in station.

Anyone else ever experienced a problem where half your modules go offline while in space after a session change?

half? no, but I've had issues with various single modules (usually an MJD) going offline after session changes

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jazzzzz posted:

half? no, but I've had issues with various single modules (usually an MJD) going offline after session changes

And now I know why my cloak randomly offlined itself.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Jazzzzz posted:

CCP losing CCP Veritas is the dumbest thing they've ever done. He is by far the best (and only, as far as I can tell) good computer scientist they've ever had on payroll. Did his thing (Brain in a Box and a bunch of optimisation stuff for years), got bored of CCP, hosed off.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Jazzzzz posted:

This has happened to me on a miniluv scan alt as well, half of my midslots went offline after taking a gate.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Pale Peril posted:

I think some kinda limit on SP would be more fair. Or even better, everyone must participate with a new character of which all were created on the same day. Event lasts as long as a trial account (Its back to 21 days, right?)

With new characters in mind, I think it would be neat to come up with a naming scheme that participants can identify each other in local. (Example: A predetermined last name of something like 'Iron-man', but unique or EVE specific that isn't already used... as I'm sure there are already characters in game with the name of iron-man.) Plus if you see named participant in local, should be obligated / some incentive to duel.

That's a great idea! Still need people that would actually be interested in this, but that'd be a great way to give a level playing field. It'd make for some hilarious fittings, based on skills alone.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I'm curious about a thing..

Assuming perfect remap and +5 implants, what is the maximum amount of skillpoint that a character can learn in a month?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalael posted:

I'm curious about a thing..

Assuming perfect remap and +5 implants, what is the maximum amount of skillpoint that a character can learn in a month?

2700 SP/hr x 24 hours = 64,800 SP/day
~30 days in a month = 1,944,000 SP/month

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Otacon posted:

2700 SP/hr x 24 hours = 64,800 SP/day
~30 days in a month = 1,944,000 SP/month

poo poo... Does it actually make it viable to plex an account to sell injectors? A plex = ~ 1B right? extractors are another 250m Injectors sell for ~650m last time I check. You make approximately 3 injectors per month...

1B + 3x250m = 1.75B
3x650 = 1.95B

Profit of ~200m per month per account
Am I counting this right?

Dalael fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 27, 2016

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
With daily quests you now make more than 4 injectors a month.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Niedar posted:

With daily quests you now make more than 4 injectors a month.

Yeah but who's got the inclination to log on, warp to a belt and kill stuff? :effort:

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Dalael posted:

Yeah but who's got the inclination to log on, warp to a belt and kill stuff? :effort:

Eventually, probably the only people who will make any somewhat considerable amount of money from this venture. Not that way right now but I would expect it to work itself out that way in the end.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
flanders (or anyone else) care to help me put together a decent shield boosting Rattlesnake fit for L4s? I'm using passive tanked sentry sniper/cruise setup now but I find myself having to warp out of longer missions to dock up/regen shields, then come back in. I feel like an active tank might be a bit more effective.

This is what I'm running now:
code:
[Rattlesnake, L4 PvE, Tech II, LMJD, Drone Emphasis]

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Sensor Booster II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Phased Scoped Target Painter
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script

'Arbalest' Cruise Launcher I, Scourge Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Drone Scope Chip I

Warden II x2
Gecko x1
Curator II x2
Hornet II x5
I mucked around with keeping a similar sniping setup but putting an active tank in - hurts DPS a little but not too badly. CPU is tight but it fits

code:
[Rattlesnake, L4 PvE, Tech II, LMJD, Drone Emphasis Shield Boost]

Damage Control II

'Copasetic' Particle Field Acceleration
Large Micro Jump Drive
Domination X-Large Shield Booster
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
AML Compact Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Purger I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Warden II x2
Gecko x1
Curator II x2
Hornet II x5
I picked up my Rattlesnake off contracts for pretty cheap and it included the Anti-EM II rig (and the gecko). If there's a better option to put in there I can always replace it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Hexyflexy posted:

CCP losing CCP Veritas is the dumbest thing they've ever done. He is by far the best (and only, as far as I can tell) good computer scientist they've ever had on payroll. Did his thing (Brain in a Box and a bunch of optimisation stuff for years), got bored of CCP, hosed off.

Veritas staying at CCP would be one of the dumbest things he could do as a programmer, in the opportunity cost alone of working on code that isn't poo poo. Staying would mean continually obsoleting himself. At some point you have to realize a thing just doesn't have to be your problem.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Dalael posted:

poo poo... Does it actually make it viable to plex an account to sell injectors? A plex = ~ 1B right? extractors are another 250m Injectors sell for ~650m last time I check. You make approximately 3 injectors per month...

1B + 3x250m = 1.75B
3x650 = 1.95B

Profit of ~200m per month per account
Am I counting this right?

470m per month with about 7 month break even time considering you need to invest 5m SP worth of skills.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
pretty sure the assumption is you have a character with everything yo uwant on it already

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015
If CCP requires an elite computer hacker with expert knowledge gained from youtube videos, I am willing to work remotely for them. I would also make a great lead game designer. Here are some of my ideas for the future of EvE online.

#1 EvE Gate opens to another dimension, this dimension has advanced species 8472 technology, organic ships. The dimension is inhabited by time keepers, they have the ability to travel back to any point in EvE history and disrupt things.
#2 Tranversal Jump drive, with the advent of species 8472 technology all new hulls have an extra mid slot dedicated to jump drive operation, once a day sub-capitals can activate this jump drive and be randomly sent to eve space,wormhole, or 8472 space, are you daring enough to use it?
#3 With the advent of new technology we've incorporated a new engine with real space sim physics, in this dimension eve turns into EvE Valkyrie, with the ability to control new organic fighters and capital ships to engage the enemy on an entirely new level of twitch based gameplay.
#4 Homeworld carriers, with advances in 4d manufacturing technology you can now build armadas while being mobile, build sub-capital fleets on the move and enjoy an RTS gameplay mechanic within EvE. Fortify your base, and attack your enemies with hundreds of ships at your disposal. Create resource gathering nodes in asteroid fields to help bring building material to your Mothership, setup sentries and mini-structures to defend against enemy ships. No need to spend $19.99 on homeworld, EvE online has now taken competitive RTS gaming to a persistent MMO style of gameplay. Real meaningful PvP where your actions effect the entire multi-verse.
#5 New players need to get hooked onto the action from the beginning, a new tutorial that promotes use of skill injectors should be created, and the first few hours of a new players career should reflect on the quality of the massive battles that are portrayed in the EvE online trailers. For this I want to create a new player instanced mission that is filled with one big NPC, and New Player battle, titans, sub caps, and chaos.
#6 With the advent of homeworld esque changes to the core eve mechanics sovereignty changes will also take place.

Contact me CCP together we can do great things.

Cobra-Commander fucked around with this message at 10:10 on May 27, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Cobra-Commander posted:

If CCP requires an elite computer hacker with expert knowledge gained from youtube videos, I am willing to work remotely for them. I would also make a great lead game designer. Here are some of my ideas for the future of EvE online.

#1 EvE Gate opens to another dimension, this dimension has advanced species 8472 technology, organic ships. The dimension is inhabited by time keepers, they have the ability to travel back to any point in EvE history and disrupt things.
#2 Tranversal Jump drive, with the advent of species 8472 technology all new hulls have an extra mid slot dedicated to jump drive operation, once a day sub-capitals can activate this jump drive and be randomly sent to eve space,wormhole, or 8472 space, are you daring enough to use it?
#3 With the advent of new technology we've incorporated a new engine with real space sim physics, in this dimension eve turns into EvE Valkyrie, with the ability to control new organic fighters and capital ships to engage the enemy on an entirely new level of twitch based gameplay.
#4 Homeworld carriers, with advances in 4d manufacturing technology you can now build armadas while being mobile, build sub-capital fleets on the move and enjoy an RTS gameplay mechanic within EvE. Fortify your base, and attack your enemies with hundreds of ships at your disposal. Create resource gathering nodes in asteroid fields to help bring building material to your Mothership, setup sentries and mini-structures to defend against enemy ships. No need to spend $19.99 on homeworld, EvE online has now taken competitive RTS gaming to a persistent MMO style of gameplay. Real meaningful PvP where your actions effect the entire multi-verse.
#5 New players need to get hooked onto the action from the beginning, a new tutorial that promotes use of skill injectors should be created, and the first few hours of a new players career should reflect on the quality of the massive battles that are portrayed in the EvE online trailers. For this I want to create a new player instanced mission that is filled with one big NPC, and New Player battle, titans, sub caps, and chaos.
#6 With the advent of homeworld esque changes to the core eve mechanics sovereignty changes will also take place.

Contact me CCP together we can do great things.

how good are you at fiddling with sloppy spaghetti Python code?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

flanders (or anyone else) care to help me put together a decent shield boosting Rattlesnake fit for L4s? I'm using passive tanked sentry sniper/cruise setup now but I find myself having to warp out of longer missions to dock up/regen shields, then come back in. I feel like an active tank might be a bit more effective.

This is what I'm running now:
code:
[Rattlesnake, L4 PvE, Tech II, LMJD, Drone Emphasis]

Damage Control II

Sensor Booster II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I
Large Drone Scope Chip I

Warden II x2
Gecko x1
Curator II x2
Hornet II x5
I mucked around with keeping a similar sniping setup but putting an active tank in - hurts DPS a little but not too badly. CPU is tight but it fits

code:
[Rattlesnake, L4 PvE, Tech II, LMJD, Drone Emphasis Shield Boost]

Damage Control II

'Copasetic' Particle Field Acceleration
Large Micro Jump Drive
Domination X-Large Shield Booster
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
AML Compact Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Optimal Range Script

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Warden II x2
Gecko x1
Curator II x2
Hornet II x5
I picked up my Rattlesnake off contracts for pretty cheap and it included the Anti-EM II rig (and the gecko). If there's a better option to put in there I can always replace it.

You've had the same advice a few times so I will put it more clearly

**STOP TRYING TO OMNI TANK PVE CONTENT**

You also don't have a tank at all on what you're running, so you're better tweaking that than trying to go active.
Your fit tanks ~90dps from gurmistas. If you swap to the right hardeners it's an increase to 130 alone. Probably still not enough even if you're making GBS threads damage so just go the usual passive tank route.
Your rigs are have so much stacking penalty they won't be doing anything, so tank there and just add a little more tank elsewhere and you'll be fine.
Something like :
[Rattlesnake, edit]
Shield Power Relay II

**mission specific hardener**

Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Large Shield Extender II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Warden II x2

Will poo poo damage and tank enough. Carry a depot and if you get a silly mission where there's huge DPS (or you want to blitz) you can swap in some LSEs for your links and relays for BCUs in the lows and then you'll tank anything.

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015

Otacon posted:

how good are you at fiddling with sloppy spaghetti Python code?

I am good, I enjoy looking through millions of lines of spaghetti code, debugging code and creating new bugs is something I am capable of.

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015

Khablam posted:

You've had the same advice a few times so I will put it more clearly

**STOP TRYING TO OMNI TANK PVE CONTENT**

You also don't have a tank at all on what you're running, so you're better tweaking that than trying to go active.
Your fit tanks ~90dps from gurmistas. If you swap to the right hardeners it's an increase to 130 alone. Probably still not enough even if you're making GBS threads damage so just go the usual passive tank route.
Your rigs are have so much stacking penalty they won't be doing anything, so tank there and just add a little more tank elsewhere and you'll be fine.
Something like :
[Rattlesnake, edit]
Shield Power Relay II

Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Large Shield Extender II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Warden II x2

Will poo poo damage and tank enough. Carry a depot and if you get a silly mission where there's huge DPS (or you want to blitz) you can swap in some LSEs for your links and relays for BCUs in the lows and then you'll tank anything.

Why are you bothering with level 4's? Just run incursions.

Oaken Ralph
Nov 23, 2015

Cobra-Commander posted:

I dislike these ideas as much as I dislike episode 15 of Star Trek Voyager season 2, Threshold. And the rest of the ideas are as bad as the rest of that series. Please, don't make me remember Voyager.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

frozenpussy posted:

<snip> I also want to advise you it's a waste of ISK if you don't get all 500k SP per injector.

^this^

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Cobra-Commander posted:

Interacting with incursion runners.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

L4s are nice because I can blitz a couple while drinking my morning coffee. Which is what I'm doing right now.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

CommonShore posted:

L4s are nice because I can blitz a couple while drinking my morning coffee. Which is what I'm doing right now.

(tell) me more about that morning coffee.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Khablam posted:

I should have mentioned, I swap the invulns out to target-specific hardeners. I can still get my shields punched in on occasion, hence debating an active tank, but I'll flip the rigs to core purgers like you said, ditch the DC for a shield relay and look at maybe putting an LSE in

Cobra-Commander posted:

Because I don't have the time to schlep my stuff around to a staging system, then wait for however long to maybe get a spot

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 27, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oodles posted:

(tell) me more about that morning coffee.

Locally-roasted French Roast (so fresh that the beans are positively gleaming), fresh ground, done in a pourover filter.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Welp, that's one way to get banned from goonswarm.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
So I'm considering getting a Wyvern, even though they're poo poo, because I've always wanted a Wyvern

it's not a terrible idea, right?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

bluegoon posted:

Welp, that's one way to get banned from goonswarm.

Apart from goonswarm, are there any other SA corps to join?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Landsknecht posted:

So I'm considering getting a Wyvern, even though they're poo poo, because I've always wanted a Wyvern

Get a Hel

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

do you know what the new fighter/ bomber mechanics are like? I suggest experiencing that before deciding any supercarrier is a good idea.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

The Wyvern looks nuts on paper right now. Insane tank. But get a Hel. Bigger fighter bay.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

Edit: Removed double post.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

frozenpussy posted:

do you know what the new fighter/ bomber mechanics are like? I suggest experiencing that before deciding any supercarrier is a good idea.

They're fun!

(As Hel! :haw:)

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hels are the prettiest ship in the game, are tied for most damage, the move bonus gives them better application, and they have a large fighter bay for when your fragile as gently caress pets get blown up. There's no reason at all to get a Wyvern.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Goatman Sacks posted:

There's no reason at all to get a Wyvern.
Except Caldari supremacy, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Bob Socko posted:

Except Caldari supremacy, of course.

Like the man said, no reason at all.

• Locked thread