Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

RandallODim posted:

Even the doctopus doesn't understand how everyone's this dense.

Either that, or he's feeding on Max's emotional pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
update

im ready for lisa im not ready for lisa

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Makes sense that Max has to sit this one out.

So it's Dimitri right?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Why is Ollie the bouncer for the school store?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bet he's there for unrelated reasons.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nah, he did say he had to work next period.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

ollie actually sent the note, he just has very neat handwriting

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
When was Max handed a note, again?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Who What Now posted:

When was Max handed a note, again?

There's a link to it right under the comic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Regy Rusty posted:

There's a link to it right under the comic.

I mean, sure, I could have read the news blurb, but I thought maybe I'd use my question as an opportunity to bond with my fellow posters in this thread. So ex-cuuuuuuuuuuse me for trying to foster a closer-knit and supportive community. <:mad:>

I'm a dumb idiot who doesn't read news posts, thanks for pointing it out!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Going from that panel, it's either Violet, a student council goon, an anime, or the orange bald twin.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's ball golem

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
RJ perhaps

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

neogeo0823 posted:

Why is Ollie the bouncer for the school store?

I'm really hoping that the school store is basically just a nightclub, but during lunch.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-122/

RIP ED, he's so screwed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Shindragon posted:

RIP ED, he's so screwed.

On the upside, if Johnny knows The Secret, no need to hide superspeed from him!

I have a feeling that Muse is going to have some terrible advice on how to deal with the bully.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MikeJF posted:

On the upside, if Johnny knows The Secret, no need to hide superspeed from him!

I have a feeling that Muse is going to have some terrible advice on how to deal with the bully.

I dunno, GET SWOLE might actually be a pretty good way to get a bully to back off.

Now I'm imagining future adult Ed as a massive pillar of muscles. Like Armstrong, but dorkier and wearing glasses. Maybe he'll even take Lucifer so he can do the sparkles.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Slime posted:

I dunno, GET SWOLE might actually be a pretty good way to get a bully to back off.

Now I'm imagining future adult Ed as a massive pillar of muscles. Like Armstrong, but dorkier and wearing glasses. Maybe he'll even take Lucifer so he can do the sparkles.

"All I'm saying, Jhonny, is give spirits a chance!"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Okay what the hell is the timeline in last two panels? We have Issac standing over a hatless Max, then immediately a hatted Max is by the school store presumably, with the StuCo behind him? :confused:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neo_Crimson posted:

Okay what the hell is the timeline in last two panels? We have Issac standing over a hatless Max, then immediately a hatted Max is by the school store presumably, with the StuCo behind him? :confused:

Isaac panel is as Max is leaving, with Isaac being broody and upset over Max's "betrayal" and all that, while the last panel is a fast-forward to Max being at or near the store like he was on the last page. At least, that's what I think it's meant to be.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah, I hate to say but Zack might be trying to do too much with non-linear jazz. That's like the third time recently it hasn't been clear what's going on. I was convinced that when Max gets handed the note a couple days ago it was Spender handing it to him, and didn't realize otherwise til I read the post. Also I have brain damage :shrug:

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Slime posted:

Paranatural Shippuden

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Zack mentioned that he'd be going back and forth and using context clues to show which is which (like the lights being on or off) but his composition is almost actively working against that. It's the sort of thing that would work way better if this were in motion, but since it goes panel to panel it's just kind of confusing to read.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I love this comic, and this was a good page on its own (even if the Isaac panel broke the pattern of the main four being watched by someone else), but it really didn't flow from the last one. The transition to the school store last page should have been, well, a transition to the school store.

Anyway, definitely going with Spender being hijacked at this point. Look at that goddamn sweatdrop, he's not feeling being caught by Izzy.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think I can agree with the criticisms people have about the composition and timing on this page, in particular Max showing up twice and how the previous page already seemed to transition away from the break-room planning session. It's still nicely drawn though and the developments it's hinting at are pretty interesting. What's going on with Isabel exactly? She looks pissed, and has had a bad case of the "extra line drawn under each eye to show how serious you are" lately.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Maybe each panel is going to be part of a future scene that'll be coming up? They'll split up from here, Isaac will have some words with Max that won't end well, then he'll get followed to the school store by the Mr President & Co. Meanwhile, Ed gets shadowed and tackled by Johnny, who's going stark raving mad seeing shades and freaking out. While that's going on, on the other side of the school, Isabel and Spender finally have the chat she's been wanting to have since last night after the train, and it just doesn't go in a way that makes her happy, leaving her wanting pissed off and wanting a fight.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kikas posted:

"All I'm saying, Jhonny, is give spirits a chance!"

Cryophage posted:

Paranatural Shippuden

I actually meant the Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist but these are so good I don't even care that they're the wrong Armstrong.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Cryophage posted:

Paranatural Shippuden

Nice knife... for a BABY to use!

yeah an UGLY baby amirite

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Isaac is exactly the kind of brooding weeb who'd volunteer to become a cyborg ninja and then wonder why people still don't take him seriously, even though he's doing his best impression of Christian Bale's batman.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Slime posted:

It's hard to imagine that Ed won't be pretty swole if he keeps up the exercise routine Muse appears to demand.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Cryophage posted:

Paranatural Shippuden

Has someone shown this to Zack because holy poo poo

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
God dammit Dimitri.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

dimitri's obviously knowledgeable and interested in the paranatural activities unfolding, i hope he has some paranatural time with max soon

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
He seems like a real chill kid who probably doesn't have any ridiculous drama at home. He's not been fleshed out enough yet for me to have any real evidence for it, but I'm betting he'll end up being Isaac's thematic opposite.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If so there's gotta be some horseshoe theory going on because he and Isaac definitely overlap a bit in the anime-self-serious-monologue way, going by his Hitball strategizing.

At this point it's pretty clear that Dmitri is or was involved in the whole spectral deal somehow, and he definitely knew something was up with Jeff, so now that he's heard the plan he might get involved on the sly.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Odd thought: If it pans out as Dolash speculates above, Dimitri would actually be what Suzy wanted Max to be, an inside man who can gather information and protect their interests.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

I'm pretty sure that it's all but absolutely confirmed that Dmitri isn't on Suzy's side when it comes to activity club, since he was pretty overtly sabotaging Suzy's efforts to gather information on them from Max's bug.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah but what if all his characterisation up to this point was an elaborate ruse, like in this anime:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
which anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Every anime