Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
That's funny lookin' but

quote:

While connected via Bluetooth, the app can be used to adjust aperture, shutter speed, and flash settings; remote trigger the camera; and includes pre-sets for effects like double exposures and open-shutter

is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

BANME.sh posted:

That's funny lookin' but

is cool

Yeah, it's intriguing.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Has impossible gotten better at consistency? I heard a lot of horror stories of like 2/3 of packs having heavy colour casts and poo poo.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Geektox posted:

Has impossible gotten better at consistency? I heard a lot of horror stories of like 2/3 of packs having heavy colour casts and poo poo.

Nope.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Catlabs has said they're going to work on making pack film.

Best of luck to them, and I suspect they'll need it, but at least someone is going to try?

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.
Are there any legit cameras/bodies/backs that use Instax Wide film? I have a 300 but the focus seems kinda soft and obviously it's pretty limited. It also seems like Instax is now the only mainstream film option unless I've missed something.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

evensevenone posted:

Are there any legit cameras/bodies/backs that use Instax Wide film? I have a 300 but the focus seems kinda soft and obviously it's pretty limited. It also seems like Instax is now the only mainstream film option unless I've missed something.

Yes, besides the Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 there is also the Lomo'Instant Wide.

I don't have experience with the Wide but I kickstarted the original Lomo'Instant and it is a fun toy.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

:20bux: per shot :stonk: but I got a crazy deal on the processor + holder + tray. I might just shoot these two boxes, sell the equipment, and still come out ahead.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

MrBlandAverage posted:

:20bux: per shot :stonk: but I got a crazy deal on the processor + holder + tray. I might just shoot these two boxes, sell the equipment, and still come out ahead.

:captainpop:

And here's me worried about the cost of New55.

Have you got any plans for it?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Spedman posted:

:captainpop:

And here's me worried about the cost of New55.

Have you got any plans for it?

It's actually not that much more per sheet than New55 and it's about the same as shooting color 8x10 (including processing) for me. I'm planning on taking some pictures of people with it, but other than that nothing specific.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

You're not wrong about New55 actually, $15 a sheet.

Incidentally, It looks like New55 doing a run of colour, 400 (I think) boxes made from material from the 20x24 people. Same price as the B&W.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
The blue smoke came out of the processor :shepspends: At least I can get a full refund for that part - we'll see what happens with the film. I didn't open the color at all...

edit: the one test image that came out

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Unreasonably excited that B&H is finally shipping me the 5 boxes of fp100c I ordered on the day it was discontinued, and for the ~$12 price instead of the ~$30 price to boot. Great email to wake up to.

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

Shellman posted:

Unreasonably excited that B&H is finally shipping me the 5 boxes of fp100c I ordered on the day it was discontinued, and for the ~$12 price instead of the ~$30 price to boot. Great email to wake up to.

Same, I bought 20 boxes and didn't expect to ever receive it at any price.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
I just got a notice that it was still out of stock, but they haven't canceled my order yet. :pray:

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Yond Cassius posted:

I just got a notice that it was still out of stock, but they haven't canceled my order yet. :pray:

Yeah, was getting those every couple weeks. I guess keep hope alive!

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Fujifilm has announced a new version of their Instax printer. It has an increased resolution and now needs only 10 seconds to expose.
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/2/12072248/fujifilm-instax-share-printer-review-smartphone

Amazon shows the Fujifilm INSTAX SHARE SP-2 as available for preorder with shipment on July 15.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Wait, so it actually projects a digital photo onto instax film to make an exposure? I thought it was just a printer, but this is kind of neat in a weird roundabout way.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Yes, I have mixed feelings because it seems like cheating to digitally expose instant film, but it looks like fun and I kinda want one.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Rastor posted:

Yes, I have mixed feelings because it seems like cheating to digitally expose instant film, but it looks like fun and I kinda want one.

It actually owns. I have an SP-1 and make at least 5 prints at my local bar's karaoke night. People really love them.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone posted about or even seen these instant cameras MiNT is making? They have a aperture priority TLR that takes instax film

https://mint-camera.com/tl70/features/

lol $390 US

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

BANME.sh posted:

Has anyone posted about or even seen these instant cameras MiNT is making? They have a aperture priority TLR that takes instax film

https://mint-camera.com/tl70/features/

lol $390 US

Seems like a great idea, and the fact that it doesn't use impossible film is good for the cost savings but then you have to pay too much for the drat camera. You can't win with instant photography.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
And it looks like it only takes instax mini :(

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Untitled by Drew Davis, on Flickr

fp100c :(

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Same

(Great photo)

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

:eyepop:

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Just saw this on Twitter. RIP Ivy.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
ivy was too good for this earth :rip:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

feigning interest posted:

ivy was too good for this earth :rip:

Nearly everything is

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

loving amazing

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Black and white Instax film coming: http://petapixel.com/2016/09/06/fujifilm-unveils-black-white-instax-mini-film/

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

I already mostly print in B&W but I'm interested to see if this stuff looks nicer than a B&W image printed on regular instax.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Need it in wide format.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Now that they've killed FP-100 there's no way to shoot old instant cameras right ? Except for impossible film I mean

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Some of the older Polaroids and Mamiya's can be permanantly converted to Instax Wide for frankly Too Much Money.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

There are now two new cameras for the Instax Mini format.

The Lomo'Instant Automat:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomoinstant-automat-camera

"shutter speed, aperture and flash output adjust automatically for impeccably lit shots in any and every light situation."

The Leica Sofort:
https://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-Sofort

"the Leica Sofort is focused on you – not only in Selfie mode, but with all its other settings, too:

Macro
Bulb
Automatic
Self timer
Party and People
Sport and Action
Double Exposure
Selfie"

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
I live in hope that lomo or someone will accidentally make an instax back that can be easily retrofitted to mount onto a rb67

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Instax Square coming:

Press release posted:

New Square Format for its instax Series
A new format that drastically enhances the potential of photographic expression of instax
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce that its next generation format “instax SQUARE format film” and “instax SQUARE camera” are currently under development.

With its 1:1 aspect ratio, square format photography is ideal for both portraits and landscapes, and has long been the format of choice for users seeking to enhance their artistic expression. In recent times, the popularity of square format has increased to such an extent that it has become the de facto standard of smartphone cameras and timeline photos on social media platforms.

Fujifilm believes that the instax square format has the potential to drastically evolve the role and presence of instant photography. By adding this new format to the existing mini and wide, a new dimension will be added to the wealth of possibilities of instax photographic expression, users will have a wider choice, and instax cameras and films will be able to respond to a broader range of photographic subjects and situations than ever before.

In addition to the new square format film, a new camera able to fully express the attractions of square format photos is also under development. Further details are available at the below website.

instax SQUARE Special content <instax.com/square/>

Availability: Spring 2017

Features:

instax SQUARE format film:

Image size: Height 62mm × Width 62mm

Photo size: Height 85.6mm × Width 72mm

instax SQUARE format camera: TBD

Fujifilm is committed to offering new products and services that meet various consumer needs by leveraging innovative technological advancements. Fujifilm is also dedicated to enhancing the enjoyment of photography worldwide, and encourages users to experience the value of shooting, preserving, displaying and gifting photo images that deliver the message of “enrich your life with photographs.”

Landing site: http://instax.com/square/

• Locked thread