Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

MY ABACUS! posted:

Do any "gamers", Korean or otherwise, find D.Va's personality endearing?
It's like network TV police procedural levels of misunderstanding a youth culture.

Having lived and worked in South Korea for a number of years, I can confirm that D.Va is a startilngly accurate representation of Korean Gamers: gigantic annoying dweebs who think they're the hottest poo poo ever.

If D.Va was any more realistic she'd be a chubby 16 year old boy with a lovely bowlcut whose only voice lines are about how the Japanese are subhuman filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My post got lost a few pages back, but I wanted to know if there was a resource online where I can see how each hero skin changes their weapons. You can't really view the weapons of a specific skin until you buy that skin then go into a match.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jastiger posted:

Tracer's guns just get so inaccurate its crazy.

You're shooting from too far away

Get closer

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
D.Va is so obnoxious that it's endearing. She even has a spray tag that's salt!

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

gently caress All Tracers

https://gfycat.com/IllegalGorgeousAmericanwigeon

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Why doesn't the game have a built-in "Upload PotG to Youtube"-Button?
Seems like a huge overwatchsight.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think all the consoles can just do that now with their sharing features, so on the pc it is only to separate the strong from the weak

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

mcbexx posted:

I just want a "Save to my HDD" button so I can upload later.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

mcbexx posted:

Brosnan posted:

Not yet, but it's a known feature request for the devs. The Highlights list itself was just added in the home stretch of beta, so they definitely want to do more with it.

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

I am considering your avatar to be the content for your post.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

mcbexx posted:

Blizzard said that they're looking into adding something like that. Which they should.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It'd be cool to get alt camera angles on some super finishes or poo poo like turret dwarf. POTG is a cool idea but half the time it's happening offscreen.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

please dont remove the "torb walking back to the point while his turrent gets a team kill" potg they're my favorite

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Been playing Symmetra on control point maps on defense based on the threads suggestion. It's been a ton of success. Way more first point shut outs than usual.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I know Lucio is technically more useful and I play him more but goddamn Zenyatta is fun. Tanks run in fear from my pokeballs. :hellyeah:

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
Can someone with a laptop GPU please state what kind of FPS performance they get in Overwatch with what kind of settings?

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
Been playing a lot of Junkrat, which is weird because i didn't really touch him in beta. He's my go to dude for KotH maps and any time we're behind on payload defense. Pretty much any time the other team is going to be clustered together.

People may have already posted these before but here are a few things i've found useful:

If the other team has a lot of squishy heroes zipping around (genji, tracer, etc), drop your trap and put a concussion bomb next to it. As soon as you see the trap is triggered, remote detonate the bomb. This should be enough for a kill.

The concussion bombs are so fantastic for getting your dumb rear end out of a tight spot. If you see mei waddling towards you freeze gun blasting, roadhog coming at you minigun blazing, or you're under a lot of fire, throw your concussion bomb at your feet and jump your way to safety.

I think Junkrat also has potential for a double concussion jump. I've been trying this but haven't gotten the timing down. On the drop ship, I put a concussion bomb on the door at about 10 seconds before round start. When the round begins, the concussion bomb is off cooldown. So I concussion jump from the bomb placed on the door. Then in mid-air, turn around drop another concussion bomb and immediately detonate it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MY ABACUS! posted:

Do any "gamers", Korean or otherwise, find D.Va's personality endearing?
It's like network TV police procedural levels of misunderstanding a youth culture.

I've followed ProLeague Starcraft since the Boxer and t0ssgirl days and in my opinion, D.Va is awesome.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It took 18 loot boxes but I finally got a legendary

it's ok

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

busfahrer posted:

Can someone with a laptop GPU please state what kind of FPS performance they get in Overwatch with what kind of settings?

I have around 50-60 on "high" settings with GTX950 and i7-4720 CPU.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

busfahrer posted:

My friend with an 840m said he had to turn it to lowest to get a steady 30-40 and that it looked like crap. He returned it and will buy it on xbox.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
I'd pay for an option to turn off Q-of-the-game.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

MorsAnima posted:

Alt+tab, look at the forums for 10 seconds, where's my money

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MorsAnima posted:

Pay of the game lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lol games against AI opponents count apparently count toward your profile stats

I am very good at playing widowmaker just check my profile guys!!!

edit: wait no they don't, how do I have an average of 11 kills on widowmaker then, to the best of my knowledge I have never played her in quick play

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 27, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

cant you just leave the game before you lose and not get a loss on your profile? do the kda stats even go on your record if you do that?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Radical posted:

cant you just leave the game before you lose and not get a loss on your profile? do the kda stats even go on your record if you do that?

you can also swap heroes im pretty sure

the stat tracking is in general pretty useless and i lol that there are websites to track it and compare you to others already

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

edit: wait no they don't, how do I have an average of 11 kills on widowmaker then, to the best of my knowledge I have never played her in quick play

then i look forward to saying "nice botstomping, shitlord"

e: c'mon man don't do this to me

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I have to assume that's another deliberate decision to alienate the stereotypical hardcore FPS dingus, all of which are very good and probably the reason this game is gonna do well.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Symmetra's games are super binary. Either you're carwashing everyone and microwaving idiots and teleporting legions or your team went with 4 Idiot Stupid Gimmick No Damage Assholes and you've basically committed to going 5 on 6 because you will NEVER get up a turret farm or teleport.

The worst part is Symmetra needs to get moving ASAP so if people are picking bad during the countdown, you're already out there proper hosed.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

that being said it is super weird that you can view the profile of people in the game without a scoreboard at all. i didnt see any way to do it from the tab screen though, i think they have to click on your name in chat? if so even more reason not to talk to the pubs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Your Computer posted:

D.Va is so obnoxious that it's endearing. She even has a spray tag that's salt!

Naw she's just insanely, incredibly cringey. Play a respectable tank, like Roadhog.

MorsAnima posted:

Sometimes its actually cool though.

Like, maybe once in a blue moon, but its there.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I wish these were more mocking lines like Tracer's "DEATH COMES" line when she kills Reaper

I wanna hear Roadhog say Winky Face

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It turns out that having 3 Bastions as defense on the Hollywood map is actually really loving good.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I wish these were more mocking lines like Tracer's "DEATH COMES" line when she kills Reaper

I wanna hear Roadhog say Winky Face

Every character should have a Winky Face voice line.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Internet Kraken posted:

Naw she's just insanely, incredibly cringey. Play a respectable tank, like Roadhog.

D.va is fun you are wrong

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Internet Kraken posted:

yes everyone please continue playing roadhog so I get to fire off a deathwheel every 30 seconds

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Soothing Vapors posted:

yes everyone please continue playing roadhog so I get to fire off a deathwheel every 30 seconds

roadhog players are the real heroes

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
roadhog should say "ecks dee" when he kills d.va

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Wow I got potg as Rheinhart. That hammer of his will gently caress poo poo up. I might start maining that loveable lug.

Soothing Vapors posted:

who's that chick in your avatar?