Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Malek posted:

I got a survey asking if I was African or of African decent,

White privilege is worth 12 cents.

Trick question. Everyone is from Africa. You will probably not get any more surveys in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is Quest Lord worth the price?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lavalevel.questlord

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It's a dollar, I made that whilst making GBS threads today.
I liked it.

Edit: I stopped playing because I ended up getting motion sickness.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Gladiabots is a new strategy game where you program robots with AI routines to take down other robots. Its still in alpha but the devs have put it up on the Play Store anyway for folks to check out.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I love you mrkillboy. Thank you for your effort in this thread. Also I like playing phone games. So again, thanks.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Snowmankilla posted:

I love you mrkillboy. Thank you for your effort in this thread. Also I like playing phone games. So again, thanks.

Thanks! I like finding games that look interesting or cool and you guys might get a kick out of.

Anyway, a port of critically acclaimed adventure game Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is also out now. Weirdly, it doesn't seem to have controller support considering how the game is played.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 26, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I know i'm probably going to get punched for this, but are there any games that are basically clones of Gwent from Witcher 3? Googling seems to reveal a ton of interest but only one browser based attempt that was shut down by CDPR.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

drat that's a big bulldozer

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

CrashCat posted:

drat that's a big bulldozer

And a solid Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Skip. gently caress you Arthur.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr Newsman posted:

Skip. gently caress you Arthur.

Now now, the man is far from Prefect, but that's no reason to be like that :colbert:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

tater_salad posted:

It's a dollar, I made that whilst making GBS threads today.
I liked it.

Edit: I stopped playing because I ended up getting motion sickness.

how do you get motion sickness from a game with no motion :confused:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

When I was traveling from place to place and moving fast I ended up with a headache, dunno why my steam library is full of racing games and flight dims and I have no problem there.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A new Independence Day movie means a new Independence Day mobile game tie in, from the developers of Zen Pinball of all people. It's in open beta right now, so you can sign up if you want to check it out before its release in a few weeks. Anyone familiar with games like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes should have a good idea what to expect.

Also out, a port of the 1993 Square JRPG Romancing SaGa 2, which apparently has never received a Western release until now.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

mrkillboy posted:

Also out, a port of the 1993 Square JRPG Romancing SaGa 2, which apparently has never received a Western release until now.

Ahahah $26 loving SquareEnix, jesus christ.

Edit: I live in Canada.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 27, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Yeah, they still haven't grasped the concept between Moblile and Console. And the whales aren't helping...

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, they still haven't grasped the concept between Moblile and Console. And the whales aren't helping...

Hell I wouldn't buy the game for $26 if it just came out on the 3DS - it's over two decades old!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You can get Final Fantasy X & X-2 Remastered on Steam for 30 bucks. Why do they think that old game is worth almost as much?

e: owned by dollar diversity

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 27, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Morpheus posted:

God drat it. Do they ever have sales? I'd probably pay :10bux: for this game, but 25 is a bit too much.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It cost $18 on my store screen. And I'm a big enough chump I'll probably buy it. That is because Romancing Saga 3 was probably my favorite game as a child but 1 and 2 had garbage fan translations. Romancing Saga 2 is supposedly the best saga game to ever come out.

And yes I did have all the game boy saga games and saga frontier while growing up.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 27, 2016

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Paladinus posted:

God drat it. Do they ever have sales? I'd probably pay :10bux: for this game, but 25 is a bit too much.

Yeah they do, Dragon Quest games are 30-40% off right now because of the 30th anniversary, and they've had games for at least 50% off during Christmas sales in the past. I have a bunch of Square-Enix Android games and I haven't bought any of them at full price.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
God drat I really want another dragon coins game :(

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

A new Independence Day movie means a new Independence Day mobile game tie in, from the developers of Zen Pinball of all people. It's in open beta right now, so you can sign up if you want to check it out before its release in a few weeks. Anyone familiar with games like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes should have a good idea what to expect.

This is a very bad game.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I have $4.50 saved up from surveys (I started like a month ago, do I get more as time goes on?), what are good rpg or other must play games? I've literally never played an Android phone game before so shoot some stuff at me?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

God drat I really want another dragon coins game :(

It was a fun game, until they vomited ads all over it. And there's not really been anything like it since. Maybe if they hadn't choked it with lovely ads they wouldn't have lost their playerbase. :sigh:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

mrkillboy posted:

Gladiabots is a new strategy game where you program robots with AI routines to take down other robots. Its still in alpha but the devs have put it up on the Play Store anyway for folks to check out.

This is pretty good though I am awful at it.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

This is pretty good though I am awful at it.

Am I dumb? How do I do the equivalent of an "else" code with a conditional? I don't understand their branching system

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Dodoman posted:

This is a very bad game.

I think its ok, even though it really is a super blatant Galaxy of Heroes ripoff with weird spaceships instead of Jedis and stormtroopers. The explosions are satisfying though.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Am I dumb? How do I do the equivalent of an "else" code with a conditional? I don't understand their branching system

I'm not sure that is possible. I've been working with stuff like having an "if enemy exists" or "if shield depleted", and then another branch with the "if not" version. Use the little check/X to the left of the bottom-most variable.

That said, my last attempt at the neighbors stage had me wishing for a debugger. Stupid robots just stopped advancing and I couldn't find the logic problem.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

The dev posted this image on their forums:

I imagine this sort of tutorial will be added to the game as development goes on.

Captaindirtnap posted:

That said, my last attempt at the neighbors stage had me wishing for a debugger. Stupid robots just stopped advancing and I couldn't find the logic problem.

There is one, though it's not super easy to follow on the fly (maybe I'm just bad). Touch a robot and a small representation of the AI will appear on the right side of the screen. Touch that representation, and it will blow up to fullscreen.

The dev posted more detail about how the AI GUI works here: https://itch.io/t/22790/alpha-2-feedback

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zombidle apparently just got a big update

quote:

Kingdom DOMINATION
The world of Zombidle is now HUGE! Players will now have access to other regions of to further assert their domination over the general populace.

NEW FEATURES

- Multi buy monster levels! Yesssss!
- You will now progress and gather broken orbs while offline. WUT
- The selfie stick! You can now take a snapshot of your game to share with your pals!
- New events at the end of each Kingdom
- Added new star items

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Shine posted:

The dev posted this image on their forums:

I imagine this sort of tutorial will be added to the game as development goes on.

There is one, though it's not super easy to follow on the fly (maybe I'm just bad). Touch a robot and a small representation of the AI will appear on the right side of the screen. Touch that representation, and it will blow up to fullscreen.

The dev posted more detail about how the AI GUI works here: https://itch.io/t/22790/alpha-2-feedback

Oh my god, that link is golden.

My big takeaway: logic is processed left to right. So you can run your pile of if statements in a priority order, which changed everything for me.

The debug tool is also obvious now. Not sure how I missed it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Absolutely. Quest Lord is great. One of my favorite Android games and I can't wait for a sequel.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Captaindirtnap posted:

Oh my god, that link is golden.

My big takeaway: logic is processed left to right. So you can run your pile of if statements in a priority order, which changed everything for me.

The debug tool is also obvious now. Not sure how I missed it.

I realized that there's a slow-speed button :downs:, which made it much easier for me to follow the debugger. Having lots of fun with this now!

Some of the stuff is redundant, as I was still figuring out some of the filters and such. Part of the fun is to replay a stage, chopping as many instructions out as possible and still winning.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I was stuck for an hour on the Back To Back stage, then saw on the Glaiabots forum that there's an issue with the stage's layout that makes it impossible to complete :cripes:. It'll be fixed in the next alpha.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Are there any games like Game of War that aren't pay to win?

Edit: I mean in the sense that there's an open world and you form alliances with other players.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 28, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Potsticker posted:

Absolutely. Quest Lord is great. One of my favorite Android games and I can't wait for a sequel.

Thanks! Already picked it up, looking forward to getting into it!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

I wanted to mention, I love that you guys worked with LRR after their Tiny Planes video, and have kept doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1LPdAxCX5M

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Thanks! Already picked it up, looking forward to getting into it!

Feel free to post about it. A couple times in this thread or the last one we've had some discussions about strategies and item locations and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Agoat posted:

Are there any games like Game of War that aren't pay to win?

No.