Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
doesn't copper gently caress up microbes big time?

copper to the lymph node

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Birdstrike posted:

doesn't copper gently caress up microbes big time?

copper to the lymph node

So does silver (as a topical antiseptic), that doesn't mean chugging gallons of colloidal silver does you any good.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

GoldStandardConure posted:

So does silver (as a topical antiseptic), that doesn't mean chugging gallons of colloidal silver does you any good.

tell that to Papa Smurf

he's dead now

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GoldStandardConure posted:

My mum genuinely believes silver water to be a catch all cure :smith:

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

And they didn't even apologize for saying it. Canada FTW.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for April (better late than never):

2016: JFMA

2015: JFMAMJJASOND

2014: JFMAMJJASOND

2013: AMJJASOND

Highlights from last month's thread:

ScreamingLlama posted:

If I was in a burning building, I'd be less concerned about art and more concerned about getting myself and others nearby out of the 18% (who can get fibre-to-the-node).

So gently caress your Democrats, ASMR and autism jokes, I'm going to binge on old TV shows, update my PlayStation and play EVE without lag. (Must remember to renew Dems membership at some point.)

If Barnaby turns up at Tamworth High School on election day, I'll be sure to tell you I have been connected to the Turnbull!NBN through Optus for the princely sum of $95 per month (includes home phone, IPad-sized modem and three months of Stan). I may not be 1%, but according to tech pundits I'm part of the building. But if I were to be wrong and video games are not really art, they still contain artwork such as surface textures. If you disagree with even that, then please explain to me your definition of art.

Back on topic:

tithin posted:

OTOH, look at the ballot box.

But if he plays his cards right, he stabilises the government that's bleeding all over the place and has a chance to gain another term and possibly molify the right (Spoiler alert: he won't molify poo poo and they'll continue to crucify him for not being Tony Abbott)

I reckon the next few weeks unofficially to help out new business applications.

This means that we're potentially going to follow through with it, and short of demanding he take a picture out the window of some god forsaken hellhole, how do you get him to prove he's going to emigrate there

starkebn posted:

so what makes a difference to shitheels whether they're in a public toilet I'm doing my damned hardest to just ignore the existence of anyone else in there. Why do we need separate toilets anyway?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

If Barnaby turns up at Tamworth High School on election day, I'll be sure to tell you I have been connected to the Turnbull!NBN through Optus for the princely sum of $95 per month (includes home phone, IPad-sized modem and three months of Stan). I may not be 1%, but according to tech pundits I'm part of the building. But if I were to be wrong and video games are not really art, they still contain artwork such as surface textures. If you disagree with even that, then please explain to me your definition of art.

extremely same

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
im the white posts

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Evil budget. Says it all.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Arriving blood taxi

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
Visa protocol illegal.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
There's guys lol. Set bulk guns.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why
Banned for small arts.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Result: British Shorten entered blood illegally. Seek mining.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
So the Reclaim Australia peeps are rallying in Melbourne today. This time it's against "the far left"

I don't think it'll be a big turnout, to be honest.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Apparently about 50 or 60 UPF/TBC or whatever are around, the left-wing counter rally looks larger but I don't think the two groups are near each other. Twitter is reporting that 50-60 antifascists are heading towards where the reclaimers are staging.

Honestly because the UPF aren't posting furiously about it at the moment I am guessing they aren't happy about the turnout/situation. Not much to see right now though, just a bunch of flags.

e: some racist dude is spamming the #coburg tag, nice.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
Late but colistin-resistant E. coli have been previously found in Chinese pigs, poultry (factory farms in China have been using colistin as a growth promoter because it's an old drug that is dirt cheap) and in some hospitalised Chinese people, and I vaguely remember mentions of it being found in Italy. This is a big problem because E. coli is part of the enterobacteriacae, a family of gram negatives that exist in the gut and are common sources of infection. They are big causes of UTIs, and can crop up in all sorts of infections.

Normally carbapenems are used against more resistant bugs, but CREs (carbapenem-reisistant enterobacteriacae) are increasingly common and were one of the main infections that colistin was used to fight. If the colistin resistance gene gets passed into other CRE organisms then there's going to be a huge amount of common infections that will be untreatable.

The gene is apparently being carried on a plasmid (small loops of DNA that bacteria can carry and pass around amongst themselves and other species), which means it could very easily be passed on to other bacteria.

In short, we're fukt unless we come up with new treatment options.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Both sides are approx equal now, from what I'm seeing on twitter. There's a real super islamaphobic twitter brigade on now though so I guess it can't be going super well?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

UPF guys getting capsicum sprayed it appears

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

it's me

i'm the infowars t-shirt

TheIllestVillain fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 28, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i can't believe that barnaby joyce has been proven morally superior to Jonny Depp

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for April (better late than never):

BLOOD TAXI ILLEGALLY SMUGGLING ART

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Recoome posted:

Both sides are approx equal now, from what I'm seeing on twitter. There's a real super islamaphobic twitter brigade on now though so I guess it can't be going super well?

Is it wrong that, every time one of these things happens, I want to see it just turn into a massive dance battle?

Because that image is way more fun than what's actually happening.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
lmao leave world
libertycat especially

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Is it wrong that, every time one of these things happens, I want to see it just turn into a massive dance battle?

Because that image is way more fun than what's actually happening.

Only if it's Bollywood style, because that would get right up the racists' noses, for added points and humour.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

TheIllestVillain posted:

it's me

i'm the infowars t-shirt
Resist tyranny by being the tyrants.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Recoome posted:

UPF guys getting capsicum sprayed it appears

About bloody time.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/05/28/liberal-candidate-flees-media-after-train-wreck-interview

"Mr Shorten shook Mr Jermyn's hand as he arrived and joked at least he got to see one leader this election.""

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

CrazyTolradi posted:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/05/28/liberal-candidate-flees-media-after-train-wreck-interview

"Mr Shorten shook Mr Jermyn's hand as he arrived and joked at least he got to see one leader this election.""

Hey that's my electorate!

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic

David Pope on the government having mentions of the Great Barrier Reef's coral bleaching situation removed from a UN climate change report.

Can't have people knowing about the dead reef because it'll affect tourism to the dead reef?

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Safe Schools Coalition manager Roz Ward resigns after labelling the Australian flag as racist

quote:

Ms Ward posted a picture of the rainbow flag to her Facebook account with the words: "Now we just need to get rid of the racist Australian flag on top of state parliament and get a red one up there and my work is done".

Right wingers making GBS threads themselves over Safe Schools being "cultural marxisim"? Better call the flag racist and joke about raising a marxist flag over parliament!
What a loving disaster :eng99:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
The only thing she did wrong was apologise and say that it was only intended to be private. Say it was a joke and that people should lighten up, that political correctness had gone mad and wouldn't even let you joke about the overthrow of capitalism anymore.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

wayne curr posted:

Safe Schools Coalition manager Roz Ward resigns after labelling the Australian flag as racist

Right wingers making GBS threads themselves over Safe Schools being "cultural marxisim"? Better call the flag racist and joke about raising a marxist flag over parliament!
What a loving disaster :eng99:

but the Australian flag does represent racism, I don't see why that's such a big slur.

oh right it's the herald sun, fukkin' lefty scum amirite?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
James Mathison is running as an independent in Abbott's seat.

As in, one of those guys that used to host Australian Idol.

Yeah, sure, gently caress it. Why not?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/UPFOfficial/status/736450313255845889

yesssss

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If anything he's under-reported the numbers. There were fifty million billion zillion racism supporters there.

e: haha Whittington is still in jail suck poo poo

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-28/jailed-australians-family-calls-for-60-minutes-team-sacking/7455968

Starshark fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 28, 2016

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

I hope carp is the biggest word for the word cloud

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

I don't think that's actually the official UPF twitter. :ssh:

Or is :thejoke:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't think that's actually the official UPF twitter. :ssh:

Or is :thejoke:

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Wow Johnny Depp got trolled so hard by Barnaby Joyce he hit his wife.

• Locked thread