Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Man, now I want to see Tom Hardy in the Fast & Furious universe. Preferably as Australian cop Max Rockatansky, because it would make so much sense if this all took place in what would become the Mad Max universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of Mad Max, here's the first picture of the villain Cipher.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Mad Max, here's the first picture of the villain Cipher.

Did they photoshop her face or something? She looks really weird.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
She's a robot from space

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
In space, there are no laws.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

The Rock posted:

EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK: #HOBBS #F8

When you strip a man of all he has. All that's important to him. You force him to return to his roots.. and sometimes that's a very dangerous and twisted place.

If I was going to return for another Fast & Furious I wanted to come in and disrupt the franchise in a cool way that got fans fired up and their blood pumping to see a new version of Hobbs and his "Daddy's gotta go to work" mentality and set the table in a cool way for where the character goes in the future.

Maybe it's a spinoff movie. Maybe it's more #FF movies. Or hell maybe Hobbs just gets on his motorcycle and rides off into the sunset never to be seen again.

Either way, I've had a solid first week of shooting, good to be back with the ohana, good to work again w/ my bud and director F. Gary Gray and our home studio of Universal Studios Entertainment, as always have been the best partners to me and my Seven Bucks Productions team. Most importantly... you guys around the world will really dig this new version of the role, 'cause as we always say, disrupters dent the universe.
#Hobbs #TwistedRoots #1Disrupter #1Savage #F8

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Took me a while to notice that those are the tendons on his neck and not, in fact, the pointiest beard in cinema.

EDIT: still pretty pointy though

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

ninjahedgehog posted:

Took me a while to notice that those are the tendons on his neck and not, in fact, the pointiest beard in cinema.

EDIT: still pretty pointy though

Lmao until I read this post I thought they straight up gave him a devil beard.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

That reminds me of the Uncle Bob scene from T2, and now I really want a Terminator reboot with The Rock.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Starting to feel like maybe the shark got jumped when that robot spaceship showed up in F7.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I'm a Library Director who is planning a "Fast and Furious Film Festival." So while I don't think we can show all seven, how would you choose which ones to show? Currently trying to line up some fun "Presenters" at the start of each one as well.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

^burtle posted:

I'm a Library Director who is planning a "Fast and Furious Film Festival." So while I don't think we can show all seven, how would you choose which ones to show? Currently trying to line up some fun "Presenters" at the start of each one as well.

You definitely want 5, 6, and 7. I would avoid 2 and 4 IMO. 1 is a good Point Break remake, so sure why not?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

PassTheRemote posted:

You definitely want 5, 6, and 7. I would avoid 2 and 4 IMO. 1 is a good Point Break remake, so sure why not?

I agree with this (avoid 2 and 4). You have to have 1 just to show the progression from "We are a bunch of punks stealing DVD players from Truckers" to "We are an international team of superhero's with car based powers".

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

PassTheRemote posted:

3 is off in another weird place in the timeline with an entirely different frontman, I think it's the most skippable of all, but I think 4 is an important setup for 5 and a good transition from the small-time 1-2 to the mega 5-6-7, even if it isn't as good a movie.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Apparently they are filming in Cleveland as a stand in for NYC. I want to see them film this in real life so bad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Show Better Luck Tomorrow, 4, 5, 6, and then 3. Because that chunk of the series is secretly about Han anyway.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lots of cars and stuff blowing up in Iceland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmoXj8DJrs

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

I would be totally okay if the official title of the movie with just F8.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

gohuskies posted:

3 is off in another weird place in the timeline with an entirely different frontman, I think it's the most skippable of all, but I think 4 is an important setup for 5 and a good transition from the small-time 1-2 to the mega 5-6-7, even if it isn't as good a movie.

It may come down to how much it will cost for us to get the rights to show them. We may only wind up showing four to cover Monday - Thurs.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fritzler posted:

Apparently they are filming in Cleveland as a stand in for NYC. I want to see them film this in real life so bad.

Not the first time; Dark Knight Rises and the first Avengers did the same thing.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The MSJ posted:

Lots of cars and stuff blowing up in Iceland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmoXj8DJrs

Looks like they've started doing weekly videos of behind the scenes stuff if you check their other videos.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fritzler posted:

This is seriously cool.

http://i.imgur.com/FEAOnCM.webm

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ha! I wasn't expecting that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drivers in Cleveland not phased by poo poo.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Drivers in Cleveland not phased by poo poo.

It's fazed, sorry I can't help that one

This is one of those films where I'm savoring every bit of content about the filming available, can't remember the last film i've done that for. So far we've seen Cuba, New York, Iceland, good variety of locations, is there anywhere else they're filming i've missed?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Starting to feel like maybe the shark got jumped when that robot spaceship showed up in F7.

Do you mean the drone that The Rock jumped with an ambulance? Drones are pretty normal stuff in fiction now. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is built on drone warfare.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Ha! I wasn't expecting that.

And here is how they did it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LtmOcVvJfg

Hahaha, The Rock is ever so pumped!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if that guy from Game of Thrones is contractually obligated to keep his hair like that.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if that guy from Game of Thrones is contractually obligated to keep his hair like that.

Most likely, yes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fast 8 has $17,000,000 worth of cars in it. Here's a video about the guy in charge of them showing off the movie's garage.

https://www.facebook.com/FastandFurious/videos/10154072557762631/

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
"Here we got a ferarri..." *Camera pans to the wrong car* "firebird" *camera stays on a 57 chevy* "subaru" *camera pans to a toyota*

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Helen Mirren confirmed she's in Fast 8.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

LesterGroans posted:

Ohhhh god yessss. Please let her be Matron Shaw.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

She also said that she wanted to be involved in driving scenes in the movie, or else she wouldn't join.

So get ready to see Helen Mirren racing Vin Diesel.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

GonSmithe posted:

She also said that she wanted to be involved in driving scenes in the movie, or else she wouldn't join.

Opening Day.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

LesterGroans posted:

Holy poo poo, dreams do come true.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

LesterGroans posted:

Time for Fast and Furious to go R-rated with some nude scenes

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

GonSmithe posted:

RED 2 was a gateway drug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D76NSGI8c-8

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

I'm getting a strong Twisted Metal vibe from that stable of cars.

• Locked thread