Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I need more sick Marine burns because I work with like 5 of them. They gang up on me and hurt my fee-fees about being a worthless Navy Reservist.

At least we can all make fun of the Coasty Reservist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ohmygodidontcare.avi

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What the gently caress is yut? Also don't you get a blood stripe after being "first" when deployed. Also after your first night in the field when you just get to the unit. You know, when a dude grabs an arm or leg each, puts some poo poo under your stomach and take turns inserting stuff into your butt all night until you can guess the safe word? Blood stripe supposed to be the blood running down your leg the next morning and if you can survive first formation without crying or telling on people you get to keep it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
yut, 'rah, and kill are all acceptable responses/exclamations to pretty much anything and everything.

When, for example, "AYE AYE GUNNERY SERGEANT" is considered the only acceptable response to a suggestion or instruction directed at you from an E-7, there's a lot of pleasure to be had in using single syllable grunts to communicate whenever possible.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

every time i think im gonna wake up back in the barracks

I have a recurring nightmare where I wake up on a base in Afghanistan and no one believes me when I say I've already gotten out and I'm a civilian.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Reverand maynard posted:

I have a recurring nightmare where I wake up on a base in Afghanistan and no one believes me when I say I've already gotten out and I'm a civilian.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

I have a recurring nightmare where I wake up and I'm in the civilian world but all the Navy rules still apply and I can't ever escape.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Do any of you still live by a military base? Like close enough that you see service members out and and about? I think I would lose my mind for some reason.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I'm still in and live on a base and people who wear their uniform more than the absolute mandatory amount just make me lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Oh yeah of course the people still in do, haha. I meant more post-military I guess.

Always loved seeing people wear their uniforms or parts of them on weekends for no reason, though usually that was like E-1 through 3s that did that. loving idiots!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
MY EYEZ BALLISTICALLY PROTECTED 24/7

i did know an E7 that wore one of the gold and black army track suits that weren't ever issued or even really authorized for wear. I mean he wore it everywhere, bars and restaurants and poo poo.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 28, 2016

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

LingcodKilla posted:

I need more sick Marine burns because I work with like 5 of them. They gang up on me and hurt my fee-fees about being a worthless Navy Reservist.

The marines suffered their single greatest air asset loss against an enemy that doesn't even have planes.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Do any of you still live by a military base? Like close enough that you see service members out and and about? I think I would lose my mind for some reason.

There is a reserve army base 2 miles or so from were I live. I very rarely see anyone in uniform.

edit : wow I looked up the base and it actually can house 11k troops and has firing ranges and other crazy poo poo. I never hear anything and barely see anyone when I drive by it.

ded fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 28, 2016

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Mike-o posted:

I said yut yut (in the butt), I said yut yut (in the butt). You wanna yut in my butt? (In my butt). Let's yut in my butt, o-kay

I said yut yut (I said yut yut)
I said yut yut in the butt (I said yut yut in the butt)
You-ou wanna yu-uht in my bu-uht? (You-ou wanna yu-uht in my bu-uht?)
In my bu-uht? (In my bu-uht?)
Lets yut yut in my butt. (Lets yut yut in my butt.)
Oorah. (Oorah!)
O-kay. (O-kay!)
Semper fah. (Sempter fah!)

Do Marines still do cadence after basic?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I've seen them at a joint navy/marine A school singing lustily.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LingcodKilla posted:

Tell them that a Marine with an IQ of 160 is called a platoon. And the difference between a gay Marine and a straight Marine is a couple of beers.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

not caring here posted:

The marines suffered their single greatest air asset loss against an enemy that doesn't even have planes.

Largest amphibious assault in history was carried out by the Army

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Coast Guard won a MoH at Guadalcanal.

Also the Navy took more casualties at Guadalcanal, the airstrip had Army fighters as well and the Marines were relieved by the National Guard.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
double-u double-u two was wack

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

Coast Guard won a MoH at Guadalcanal.

Also the Navy took more casualties at Guadalcanal, the airstrip had Army fighters as well and the Marines were relieved by the National Guard.

also the nypd has killed more browns than the marines

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

not caring here posted:

they could have just put sandbags in the osprey while they were testing it instead :smith:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

also the nypd has killed more browns than the marines

:captainpop:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There's only 2 branches in the US Military, the Army and the Navy. The Air Force is a club and the Marines are a cult.

Most marines seem to agree with this one though

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Marines who love the marines are creepier than gently caress.

Army dudes who love the army are just fuckin' retarded.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
It's cute to make fun of the Coast Guard but on average USCG types will do more ballsy crazy lifesaving seamanship than I ever did and that includes watching The Finest Hours and having uncomfortable feelings about Chris Pine.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

piL posted:

Do Marines still do cadence after basic?

YES IT IS A TRADITION. IF YOU HOLD A LEADERSHIP BILLET, YOU SING CADENCE!

- the coolest, most chillest, plt sgt we ever had. Yeah.

edit: The worst plt sgt we ever had was the one who added ".. AND YOU DISRESPECT THE MARINE CORPS" to that statement.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

It's fleet week in NYC, and a little weird.

But not as weird as seeing national guardsmen posted in grand central terminal

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yut Yut (In the Butt)

Excuse me N4I but how is this still not the thread title

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Smiling Jack posted:

Also the Navy took more casualties at Guadalcanal

Real-talk every single naval engagement that took place in Ironbottom Sound was nuts

Like when you have not one but two USN admirals get capped in one engagement due mostly to incompetence poo poo's gotten real

willus posted:

they could have just put sandbags in the osprey while they were testing it instead :smith:

is it bad when not caring here posted that I actually had to think for a second and go "is he talking about the Osprey crash(es) or the Harrier raid at Bastion"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh yeah of course the people still in do, haha. I meant more post-military I guess.

Always loved seeing people wear their uniforms or parts of them on weekends for no reason, though usually that was like E-1 through 3s that did that. loving idiots!

I paid good money for that diarrhea green fleece, ok?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

iyaayas01 posted:

is it bad when not caring here posted that I actually had to think for a second and go "is he talking about the Osprey crash(es) or the Harrier raid at Bastion"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Larry Parrish posted:

I paid good money for that diarrhea green fleece, ok?

The Army fleeces are hideous but I wear the Navy one all the time since it's just black.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Internet Wizard posted:

There are people that don't call their camouflage uniforms "cammies" for short?

Literally every else.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Guys please don't make fun of Marines. They are delicate little flowers.

What does that make Okinawan teenage girls?

iyaayas01 posted:

Largest amphibious assault in history was carried out by the Army

The Army literally taught the Marines how to do it between the world wars.

And 8th Air Force suffered more KIAs in WWII than the USMC.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 30, 2016

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

President Truman posted:

The Marine Corps has a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Godholio posted:

Literally every else.

What does that make Okinawan teenage girls?

The Army literally taught the Marines how to do it between the world wars.

Marine Corps first amphibious assault happened before the U.S. Army fuckin' existed.

CHECK YOUR FACTS

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
marine dress blues are based on a hand me down from the US Army regiment/legion commanded by GEN "Mad" Anthony Wayne

here is a good article about how most of the USMC poo poo is made up advertising

https://thepopulist.wordpress.com/never-faithful-the-rivalry-between-our-army-and-marines/

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 30, 2016

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

Marine Corps first amphibious assault happened before the U.S. Army fuckin' existed.

CHECK YOUR FACTS

And then the Marines just didn't exist for 10+ years after the war. Same with the Navy.

So for this dumb game the Army has been in service longer than any other branch.

However we're actually all the idiots for this dumb rear end branch rivalry bull poo poo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

marine dress blues are based on a hand me down from the US Army regiment/legion commanded by GEN "Mad" Anthony Wayne

here is a good article about how most of the USMC poo poo is made up advertising

https://thepopulist.wordpress.com/never-faithful-the-rivalry-between-our-army-and-marines/

Can't believe we didn't stick with the Legion thing. Today I could be in the 2nd Legion instead of the 2nd Infantry Division. We copied a bunch of other Roman poo poo, why not the Legions?

Actually I'm in the 7th Infantry Division but for some dumb rear end reason we all wear 2nd ID patches. What the gently caress Army

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

this is the dumbest poo poo in this whole dumb circlejerk. does the fact that bomber crews got slaughters in huge numbers somehow diminish the deaths of marines or anyone else? the 8th airforce got it harder than anyone else in the us military. 135000 men served in the 8th airforce and about 19% of them died. by comparison, going off peak numbers of 8.2 million in the army and 475k in the marines, 3.8% of soldiers and 5% of marines died in ww2

what is your retarded point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Guess seriously stop making fun of the USMC.