Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

panda clue posted:

idk, using it to force a savage hit for berserker sounds pretty clever actually. really no reason to use it as jugg, though.

Weird edge-case question - if I am converting a spell from 100% lightning to 100% fire, I believe I get 100% from both fire and lightning bonuses on the tree, but what about cold? Anyone know if cold damage does anything, since I am first converting the lightning to cold to be able to convert it to fire?

Yes, those bonuses help. Bonuses apply before conversion happens.

Just note that +Elemental only applies once, not three times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
> The Goddess Unleashed now only grants Her Blessing when you ignite enemies, not yourself.

:lol: better nerf goddess unleashed before someone somehow finds a use for it

whypick1 posted:

Yes, those bonuses help. Bonuses apply before conversion happens.

Just note that +Elemental only applies once, not three times.

yeah, I knew that much. I'm thinking about doing a pure-fire Arc character. something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...qw64TWSplf-j03j
the amount of synergy you'd get from converting lightning -> fire and then using both the lightning and fire golems seems insane. I just wish I could afford to reach for mastermind of discord :negative:.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 28, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Oh, just the biggest change to the game since the Scion got introduced.

Go to the POE Wiki, read up on Ascendancy.

Oh, I was hoping it would be small stuff. Thanks, I'll go look that up now.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

panda clue posted:

> The Goddess Unleashed now only grants Her Blessing when you ignite enemies, not yourself.

Oh wow. That unique is totally good now. That fixed everything wrong with its design. :geno:

panda clue
May 23, 2014
The most recent global or trade channel that you manually joined is now remembered and used by default.

:vince:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

panda clue posted:

yeah, I knew that much. I'm thinking about doing a pure-fire Arc character. something like this:

the amount of synergy you'd get from converting lightning -> fire and then using both the lightning and fire golems seems insane. I just wish I could afford to reach for mastermind of discord :negative:.

re your initial question, guessing you figured it out, but damage conversion "remembers" all types the damage was, and all applicable modifiers then apply. So 100% of lightning to cold, to 100% cold to fire, will result in all lightning, cold and fire damage modifiers applying to all your original lightning damage

panda clue
May 23, 2014

megalodong posted:

re your initial question, guessing you figured it out, but damage conversion "remembers" all types the damage was, and all applicable modifiers then apply. So 100% of lightning to cold, to 100% cold to fire, will result in all lightning, cold and fire damage modifiers applying to all your original lightning damage

yeah I found a few other sources claiming as much too, thanks. that owns.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

panda clue posted:

The most recent global or trade channel that you manually joined is now remembered and used by default.

I look forward to more people on 820

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

panda clue posted:

Wait, people join public/trade chat on purpose? :psyduck:

I'm also wondering if GreyPowerVan is still reading the Wiki, because seriously, I can't think of a worse time in this game's life to ask "hey, have any major changes happened?"

vvv Ground Slam would be better if you don't need it to be a mobility skill since it has Stun reduction inherently. Or Shield Charge since it will be an AoE skill in 2.3.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 28, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Jugg is cool and all, but you can probably proc max charges off of every pack on Slayer with Overwhelm and Leap Slam/Faster Attacks/Inc AoE/Endurance Charge on Hit for a non-discharge build.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

whypick1 posted:

Wait, people join public/trade chat on purpose? :psyduck:

got a drillneck for 3c on it so w/e bro

panda clue
May 23, 2014
which chest will be more broken for jugg - daresso's or kingsguard?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

megalodong posted:

BUT you should mostly go for fire damage because it boosts burn (double dips!) in a way that other modifiers don't.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

which chest will be more broken for jugg - daresso's or kingsguard?

does kingsguard even work considering you'll be at max charges forever and ever? daresso's looks better to me since infinite onslaught sounds fun

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I will probably go the boring route and use Kaom's Heart.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah as soon as you have a 5 link marohi I would start saving for a kaoms

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

The Real Foogla posted:

yeah as soon as you have a 5 link marohi I would start saving for a kaoms

I would love to squeeze in a Kaom's Roots as well, but it will probably be impossible to function with a 5-6link and two 4-link slots

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

panda clue posted:

The real problem with this is you lose so much damage from having to use suboptimal gems that it's just not worth it. I assume you're using the CotB ring to convert lightning to cold and then using the Cold to Fire gem. The problem is the Cold to Fire gem will only give you an effective 15% more mod at level 20 because only half the initial hit's damage was converted to cold, so the "added as" bonus only applies to half your damage. It's going to be fairly difficult for the synergy you get from this to make up for a lost 35% more damage that you could have gotten had you been able to use a different gem.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
my friend is going some janky three dragons build but I'm looking forward to being the literal Juggernaut with all these defensive nodes, lmao

J
Jun 10, 2001

killstealing posted:

does kingsguard even work considering you'll be at max charges forever and ever? daresso's looks better to me since infinite onslaught sounds fun

Kingsguard would work when immortal call or discharge eats the charges.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Xequecal posted:

The real problem with this is you lose so much damage from having to use suboptimal gems that it's just not worth it. I assume you're using the CotB ring to convert lightning to cold and then using the Cold to Fire gem. The problem is the Cold to Fire gem will only give you an effective 15% more mod at level 20 because only half the initial hit's damage was converted to cold, so the "added as" bonus only applies to half your damage. It's going to be fairly difficult for the synergy you get from this to make up for a lost 35% more damage that you could have gotten had you been able to use a different gem.

He's got avatar of fire in that build, when you throw CotB on it you will do nothing but fire with out a loss.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So a guy posted the following in my EQ thread on the oforums:

guy from oforums posted:

The new Unrelenting node puts you on maximum endurance charges every time, instead of just a random amount if that's what you were wondering. It was confirmed by Qarl.

In addition, he brought to my attention the extreme dps increase I could get by taking the new Undeniable node as my 8th ascendancy point instead of Unyielding. Assuming my math is correct, with high rolled +accuracy on gloves/helm/amulet, its possible to get between 10k and 11k accuracy, for a whopping 100%+ increased attack speed. which when combined with the rest of my attack speed from passives, gloves, frenzy charges, and Blood Rage should put me at just over 4 attacks per second. I hope my math is right so I can leap slam around like a fucker on pcp.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

killstealing posted:

I was thinking specifically for discharge, sorry I forgot to specify

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

In addition, he brought to my attention the extreme dps increase I could get by taking the new Undeniable node as my 8th ascendancy point instead of Unyielding. Assuming my math is correct, with high rolled +accuracy on gloves/helm/amulet, its possible to get between 10k and 11k accuracy, for a whopping 100%+ increased attack speed. which when combined with the rest of my attack speed from passives, gloves, frenzy charges, and Blood Rage should put me at just over 4 attacks per second. I hope my math is right so I can leap slam around like a fucker on pcp.

What in the world would be the point of doing this?

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

Nezkar posted:

He's got avatar of fire in that build, when you throw CotB on it you will do nothing but fire with out a loss.

He's not losing damage, it's just that the "added as" mod on the Cold to Fire gem is only worth half of its stated value. The point is that because half your total damage gets converted directly from lightning to fire via Avatar of Fire, it was never cold damage and thus the Cold to Fire gem has no effect on it. It only affects the other half of your damage which got converted to cold before being converted to fire. So you're using what amounts to a 15% more gem when you could be using a gem worth like 50% at level 20.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

I guess you can free yourself from EQ and a mandated marohi? because that much speed means you can just go crit reave

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

TheRat posted:

Lots of damage? Not really giving up much survivability either, and would also make Snakebite gloves a lot better, freeing up another gem slot.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
changed my mind about what I'm going to be doing since the new Jugg node just seems too absurd to pass up. Self cast discharge with 91% chance to ignite it is:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...-tSU2r6PV-X9A==

Main links: discharge -> controlled destruction -> fire pen -> chance to ignite -> conc effect -> empower (aoe should be fine with conc effect since I get 35% increased aoe from the tree)
ignite chance will be 91% (20% from tree, 14% from flammbility, 49% from gem, 8% from boot enchant).

Will use double doryani for that sweet, sweet double dipping for the burns via the elemental damage, with blasphemy warlords mark/flammability. Swap to purity of fire and rise of the phoenix for reflect maps. I'll level an Elemental Focus to swap in on maps that have high ignite resist. Will probably also use two Kaom's Signs, and a Kingsguard until I find an A+ rare armor chest. 10 endurance charges with the belt corruption :getin:

Anything that doesn't die straight out from the initial discharge should die from the burn.

edit: oh hey I can just use the doryani belt for 100% chance to ignite, so I'll probably do that too.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 28, 2016

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Go all the away make a RF self-cast Discharger with the massive life regen you will have.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

soscannonballs posted:

Go all the away make a RF self-cast Discharger with the massive life regen you will have.

I considered this, but I really won't have THAT much life regen (4.3% in my tree). I messed around with it and considered it too large an investment to be able to sustain RF for what you end up getting out of it (for this build, at least). Also considering that it severely diminishes your potential map pool.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

soscannonballs posted:

welp, now the cat is out of the bag, and everyone is going to be doing my thing

panda clue
May 23, 2014
40% flat physical damage reduction with 10 endurance charges, good lord. I'm not sure cwdt+IC will even be necessary, when you factor in all the armor Jugg is going to have as well...

If I do still use a cwdt+ic combo it would probably be with a level 20 cwdt.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

I considered this, but I really won't have THAT much life regen (4.3% in my tree). I messed around with it and considered it too large an investment to be able to sustain RF for what you end up getting out of it (for this build, at least). Also considering that it severely diminishes your potential map pool.

I have 8.4% regen per second on my tree, but you would have more than that with the Unyielding node (1.5%), and 2 extra charges if you use Kaom's sign. Also Kaom's sign is supposed to get an upgraded version from a Prophecy chain that is probably going to give extra life regen per endurance charge. Also don't forget Stone Golem gives about 100 hp per second, and if you use Kingsguard you would gain a lot of health back when you Discharge. If Scold's is available somehow you could also throw that on with Vaal Molten Shell and be a crazy exploding fire man.

I didn't use IC in Perandus, but it looks like Perma IC will be attainable now (for non-discharge builds). I am planning on dropping all my armour passives and just self-casting IC when I need it.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

soscannonballs posted:

I have 8.4% regen per second on my tree, but you would have more than that with the Unyielding node (1.5%), and 2 extra charges if you use Kaom's sign. Also Kaom's sign is supposed to get an upgraded version from a Prophecy chain that is probably going to give extra life regen per endurance charge. Also don't forget Stone Golem gives about 100 hp per second, and if you use Kingsguard you would gain a lot of health back when you Discharge. If Scold's is available somehow you could also throw that on with Vaal Molten Shell and be a crazy exploding fire man.

No I agree it is definitely possible, it just isn't the route I want to take. I'm sure it will be more than viable to go down the RF road, its just more work imo.

Speaking of Vaal ability, I forgot to mention that I do plan on throwing Vaal Flameblast in a 4 link. Vaal Flameblast -> chance to ignite -> fire pen -> controlled destruction. Should make a wonderful boss killer.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm thinking Cybil's blade vortex heirophant.

J
Jun 10, 2001

panda clue posted:

Speaking of Vaal ability, I forgot to mention that I do plan on throwing Vaal Flameblast in a 4 link. Vaal Flameblast -> chance to ignite -> fire pen -> controlled destruction. Should make a wonderful boss killer.

That sounds good. That build looks really fun, my main concern is those awkward situations against bosses or curse immune maps where you discharge, enduring cry, discharge, and then have to wait for the enduring cry cooldown to get more charges, or hope the 20% chance on being hit from that jugg node goes off. Unless I'm forgetting a method of charge generation here.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

J posted:

That sounds good. That build looks really fun, my main concern is those awkward situations against bosses or curse immune maps where you discharge, enduring cry, discharge, and then have to wait for the enduring cry cooldown to get more charges, or hope the 20% chance on being hit from that jugg node goes off. Unless I'm forgetting a method of charge generation here.

While clearing, the 20% on hit should be more than enough to keep you topped off as you zoom through the map, with maybe having to throw in an EC here or there, even if you can't rely on Warlord's. With bosses, you may sometimes end up in that situation (although not too often - only on slow attacking bosses), which does suck, but is also why I decided to go the ignite/burn route. Even while you're pissing around waiting to be able to go pop again, they will be burning, and the burn will hurt A Lot.

If this does as much damage as I think it might do, I don't imagine there will be many bosses that survive more than two or three discharges+burns (the Vaal Flameblast will also help prevent these awkward situations). If a boss has any sort of attack speed you'll just chain explode and laugh like a madman.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 28, 2016

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
My solution to that problem on my RF IW Discharger was just using Flame Surge, you get the extra damage from the RF ignite and it casts so fasts it feels very good. You can alternatively just use any other fire skill in a 4 link. Firestorm probably being the most powerful/safest.

So tempted to do the self cast Discharge again but don't want to do a build I've already done, think I'll stick with my original blood magic detonate dead (or whatever skill i feel like) and searing bond/flame totem Chieftain. I never did a Prolif build back in the day, might give it a try this time. Maybe this will finally be the patch Detonate Dead gets the Spell tag!!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Maybe this will finally be the patch Detonate Dead gets the Spell tag!!

Doubt it. The intention is that Detonate Dead doesn't scale off of generic spell damage only scales off of gem level/monster life and that the damage can't be reflected. Making is a spell means both of those are no longer true.

vvv Derp, fixed

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Doubt it. The intention is that Detonate Dead only scales off of gem level/monster life and that the damage can't be reflected. Making is a spell means both of those are no longer true.

Det dead scales with fire and aoe damage, so I don't think it's necessarily that. Also det dead IS considered a spell for everything but spell damage mods, it's wierd.

• Locked thread