Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dias posted:

...and that's why you can see OBJECTIVE kills very clearly. Just showing K/D/A means you'll have people camping spawns, doing TDM and being useless fucks like they are in TF2 more often than not.

source: guy that leads team in objective kills 80% of games even if he isn't even medaling in overall kills

tbf the maps in overwatch are pretty bad about making spawn camping easy. if your team isn't coordinated you can get bottled up with no other way out on maps where the enemy gets to set up outside your door and it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

tbf the maps in overwatch are pretty bad about making spawn camping easy. if your team isn't coordinated you can get bottled up with no other way out on maps where the enemy gets to set up outside your door and it sucks

Eh, at least with some minimal coordination you can make it out, Reinhardt is a thing. The bad bottling thing happens in Hollywood, Hanamura and Temple of Anubis right AFTER the point. If a Symmetra sets up, ggwp.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Temple of Anubis is a really bad map

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you can easily counter pick a bunch of that good camping poo poo with junkrat, zarya, rheinhardt, phara, and to a lesser extent grape ape. especially symmetra's turrets, they only have 1 loving hp.

of course when half of your team is "maining" some combination of genji, hanzo, widowmaker, reaper, mei, d-va, mccree and roadhog... well gently caress you for not just abandoning that game idiot

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"lol i'm roadhog, i'm like a worse in every way reaper lol"

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

NecroMonster posted:

Nah. I've used Roadhog to completely shut down the first chokepoint on King's Row. Reaper just doesn't have the survivability for that. He's also better at dealing with high mobility targets like Tracer.

Reaper is more useful on more maps, but Roadhog definitely has his uses.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I do think he's got his uses, I just don't think he's actually all-together very good. Good at counter-flanking (but a bunch of characters are...) good at shutting down specific cooldowns and ults (other characters can do this as well).

Of course, with the exception of Rheinhardt and sometimes Zarya (it's gotta be a competent player tho, she's hard as hell to play well) the tanks are just all-together pretty lackluster.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

Dude, Roadhog is great.
He can easily murder those pesky =<200 HP characters, he can sustain himself in a team without Mercy, his Ult is basically Winston's Ult that does more damage, and his shotgun does great damage at way farther ranges than Reaper's (Roadhog's alt-fire is amazing).

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Roadhog is super fun and he owns

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Roadhog + Birdie should switch games for a day

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

Dude, Roadhog is great.
He can easily murder those pesky =<200 HP characters, he can sustain himself in a team without Mercy, his Ult is basically Winston's Ult that does more damage, and his shotgun does great damage at way farther ranges than Reaper's (Roadhog's alt-fire is amazing).

he's a walking ult battery for the other team and is too beholden on landing hooks to function if there's any shielding heroes on the enemy team.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

NecroMonster posted:

is there actually some sort of feedback for that because it'd be cool to know. I'm just used to tf2 doing this through damage numbers and hit dings.

NecroMonster posted:

but really, the game needs to be giving a shot ton more player feedback, during and after matches, than it currently does.

some better tutorials, explaining game modes, and doing in depth run downs of what characters are generally supposed to be doing would be a big loving help too

NecroMonster posted:

Your a dumb rear end lol

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Help Im Alive posted:

Roadhog + Birdie should switch games for a day

I agree, and Lucio and Laura should switch too. Lucio is cool but he lacks... he's lacking something.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Heavy Metal posted:

I agree, and Lucio and Laura should switch too. Lucio is cool but he lacks... he's lacking something.

????

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Heavy Metal posted:

huge boobs and assless pants

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Real hurthling! posted:

huge boobs and assless pants

We have a winner! I like to play two kinds of characters: ones with huge boobs, and ones with eyepatches. Maybe both if possible. Wait nobody asked, and actually I'm going to jail? Now hold on folks...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Heavy Metal posted:

We have a winner! I like to play two kinds of characters: ones with huge boobs, and ones with eyepatches. Maybe both if possible. Wait nobody asked, and actually I'm going to jail? Now hold on folks...

Baiken

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey i started playing mkx for the first time since a month after launch and my god it's 10x the game sfv is right now

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You're good people bro

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey i started playing mkx for the first time since a month after launch and my god it's 10x the game sfv is right now

MKX is an amazing game I should get to reinstalling it soon and buy Leatherface so I can play the TCM game I've wanted forever.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I feel like after several pages of talking about anything other than SF5 in the SF5 thread we should probably change the title. I think the question has been answered.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kilometers Davis posted:

MKX is an amazing game I should get to reinstalling it soon and buy Leatherface so I can play the TCM game I've wanted forever.

i upgraded to XL since i ordered a recroommasters cabinet that'll be delivered this week and my sister is a big mk fan

the new characters are all pretty fun. i think leatherface was my favorite of the group.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I'd probably still have MKX installed if they hadn't bailed completely on PC support.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
I don't play shooter games fps or otherwise but...
Because we're talking about out other video games in this thread now, let me just say Stellaris is the SFV of Paradox games.

So...there's that. Glad to help out.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

get that rear end banned

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Foodahn posted:

I don't play shooter games fps or otherwise but...
Because we're talking about out other video games in this thread now, let me just say Stellaris is the SFV of Paradox games.

So...there's that. Glad to help out.

No, you're wrong.

Stellaris is an unpolished good game (welcome to every 4X launch ever) while SFV is a broken unfinished bad game. See the difference?

EDIT: Also Stellaris is 90% feature complete, playable and most importantly, Fun.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 29, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
if capcom is paradox then stellaris is jojos

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

please don't insult stellaris like that what did it ever do to you

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

brian posted:

please don't insult stellaris like that what did it ever do to you

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is it still way worse than mk9 in everything people want from a mk game

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

darealkooky posted:

is it still way worse than mk9 in everything people want from a mk game

No????

I mean, the story mode isn't as good, which I assume it's what you were implying, but it's fine. It also has more characters and better support. Except if you play it on PC, because WB and NRS basically did that Jolyne Kujo "the world's fingers for gently caress you" to that playerbase.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
MKX is actually a pretty competently made fighting game if you're OK with how Mortal Kombat games have felt since the original.

It also has tons of content for people who aren't competitive players, which MK games have always tried hard to do and it's part of why they're basically guaranteed to sell well.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Basically I don't know why Capcom seems to think over and over again that half-assing a flagship game on a shoestring budget is a good way to eke out profits when other companies are actually putting resources into making good games and seeing good numbers as a result.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

someone in a key position at capcom is either incredibly incompetent or very corrupt

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
yeah so once again i think we have nothing to fear when it comes to "omg people will only play sf5 and every game after will be just like it"

this is the only game i can think of that 4 months in there is not in game currency store when the game pre-viewed with expectations that they'd be in.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Still no character announcement? What's the likelihood that they just cut their losses at this stage?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Still no character announcement? What's the likelihood that they just cut their losses at this stage?

Apparently they're announcing something when Combo Breaker ends (they're doing top 8 right now)

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Unlike SFV, Stellaris has a great beta patch online right now.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
gently caress this game .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently they're announcing something when Combo Breaker ends (they're doing top 8 right now)

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

I know we joke about this game a lot here but I literally fell asleep during a portion of top 8 despite the best attempts of Tasty Steve and his white dude roommate who sounds a lot like UltraDavid trying to hype up the matches.