Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zenithe posted:

There is a poster up at my workplace about shift bidding coming soon.

This is bad, yes?

What would you be bidding with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Frogmanv2 posted:

What would you be bidding with?

As far as I know it's usually the amount of money your labour is worth. No details yet, but it sounded ominous.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Zenithe posted:

As far as I know it's usually the amount of money your labour is worth. No details yet, but it sounded ominous.

I would start looking for a new job. There is no way this can turn out good for the employee.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Dude McAwesome posted:

god drat you're good, gpd

That was just the foreplay

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Frogmanv2 posted:

I would start looking for a new job. There is no way this can turn out good for the employee.
It sounds like how companies will put out contracts for the lowest bidder, get the worst job then throw good money after bad to try make up for the lovely levels of production.

Would be good to get some more details though, might be worth checking with your union.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Also, if LNP wins expect to see this as the new big thing. It's all about that "agile" economy, guys. And when Turnbull says agile, he's thinking of good ol' limbo sticks.

The question is, how low can you go (to bid for those shifts)?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

Also, if LNP wins expect to see this as the new big thing. It's all about that "agile" economy, guys. And when Turnbull says agile, he's thinking of good ol' limbo sticks.

The question is, how low can you go (to bid for those shifts)?

Simple. You hire one overseas student who is desperate for cash and make whatever they are willing to work for (wages competitive back in mainland China for example) the new standard.

Think of all the Chardonnay you could buy with the savings.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I believe there's a sky news debate tonight?

Anyone got a stream?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

I believe there's a sky news debate tonight?

Anyone got a stream?

abc.net.au/news24

Or if you really need expert analysis from the likes of Andrew Bolt, Peta Credlin and Chris 'Dog-fancier' Kenny, you can just download the Foxtel Go App and you will be able to watch Sky News without an account.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh Sky gives the debate to the ABC?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Oh Sky gives the debate to the ABC?

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/735748609447071745/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

No the ABC is running it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Oh okay, I saw the countdown timer on Sky and just assumed Murdoch wins again.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I will watch whichever channel has the worm.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I don't even know why they're having the debate I've already made up my mind to vote for Pauline Hanson.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Anidav posted:

Mr Dutton and Mr Christensen [ ...] hold their seats by relatively comfortable margins of 6.7 per cent and 7.6 per cent respectively.

This upsets me greatly.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

This upsets me greatly.

That's not too bad considering its in loving Queensland.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Cheap Trick posted:

This upsets me greatly.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

PNG just fined you for littering.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What the gently caress Turnbull is just repeating the same thing he said in the first debate.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Anidav posted:

What the gently caress Turnbull is just repeating the same thing he said in the first debate.

He's hosed! But I'm still voting for him. There's a class war on and I aim to be on the winning side.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Is Albo making GBS threads himself at the prospect of losing his seat?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Anidav posted:

gotta make sure people actually hear it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I don't think I can recall anyone making such a fuss over who preferences who. Threatening the LNP over it just sounds desperate.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

gay picnic defence posted:

That was just the foreplay

You combined three things in a way that was transcendent: bacteria resistant superplagues, the housing market and boomers dying in large numbers.

Anidav posted:

Is there a teleprompter? Billy Shorten hasn't looked down every second word.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Can we make our own debate worm

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
the worm passed out and died while shorten was speaking

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Malcolm 'I'm not a Politician I'm a Businessman' Turnbull

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Snod. posted:

lol. "you didn't answer the question prime minister"

"I'll answer that question later."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What the gently caress at this Matrix tier question dodging.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Snod. posted:

Stealing Trump's line. :sad:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Not answering the question the first time seems like a good tactic to just get an extra 3 minutes to waffle on

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Turnbull is really poo poo at this.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Couldn't his defence just be, "Yes, I have a grudge against that officer because I don't like coppers who beat handcuffed suspects." :shrug:

Queensland worst state.

Bit late to the party here but no, that would probably make things worse. I'm not super familiar with QLD but from the sounds of the article it looks like they are referring to some kind of fraud/abuse of office provisions. Fraud provisions often operate around some flavour of dishonestly benefiting someone (either yourself or another) or causing detriment to another person. If he said he was doing it to ruin another officer he would be admitting one element of the prosecution's case. If he instead says something like "I don't believe it's right or in the public interest for abuse of power/office or crime to go unexposed", then maybe he's on safer grounds. It would be especially bad to admit to trying to ruin someone because I can't see how they would argue that he was trying to benefit himself or another person. The guy who got bashed maybe? Blowing the whistle on police misconduct generally isn't sunshine and roses so I doubt they would say he was trying to benefit himself.

Also YUCK! if I check the news and Pauline Hanson's name or face appears anywhere outside of the cartoons... just gross.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

"The question is about you"

"We should reduce greenhouse emissions"

:staredog:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Snod. posted:

"The question is about you"

"We should reduce greenhouse emissions"

:staredog:

lmao. it's like they've been given the questions beforehand and have prepared answers for everything.

But then the questions are being asked in a different order, and so they're giving responses to the wrong questions.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Scylo posted:

Not answering the question the first time seems like a good tactic to just get an extra 3 minutes to waffle on

See also: question time

See also: almost no other human conversation

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Zenithe posted:

See also: question time

See also: almost no other human conversation

I wouldn't call any of this human conversation

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I think informal might be the biggest winner out of this debate

Knorth