Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

ullerrm posted:

They used to. (Except, they did heavy resin casting instead of 3D printing.) Here's a video of their Megathron model, and here's a pic from 2013 of the Tempest on my desk.

They stopped making them because not enough people bought them to justify the cost.

Unfortunately, 3D printing doesn't really help either. Most of the cheap 3D printers out there are FDM printers with relatively thick layers and aren't really suitable for painting unless you do hours of post-printing cleanup and sanding. Doing a higher-quality printing requires a significantly more expensive printer -- i.e. one of the Z-machines that can do drop-on-powder, or SLS, or UV resin lithography. Any of those vastly increase your production costs, and then you still have to paint it.

There just has to be a way to get ship models that aren't 100$ pre shipping. I mean it's not shocking they didn't sell well at that price. [I I think that was the price, it's been a few years though but it was a lot]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Can you actually run missions in a SB?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

level 4 fw missions allegedly can be done in this way for hella stupid ISK.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Carth Dookie posted:

Nice, any idea of what fit that would be?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Carth Dookie posted:

I think they made it a bit harder to do this but it's definitely not impossible. I still see people do it, though I've never done it myself.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

bluegoon posted:

As a gimmick you can run missions in pretty much anything. I also did a flycatcher level 4 but I can't find the pictures fast enough to reply with it in a timely manner.

Level 4 mission

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Nice, any idea of what fit that would be?

Nope, I've never done it myself. Sorry.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Someone think up a Velator fit that can run level 4s.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone think up a Velator fit that can run level 4s.

Stock. There's that one mission where all you have to do is loot Quafe from a container and bounce.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Apart from SB, are cloaks used a lot in pvp? Like Klingon bird of prey type poo poo?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Apart from SB, are cloaks used a lot in pvp? Like Klingon bird of prey type poo poo?

For small gang, ratter ganking and wormhole stuff, sure. I wouldn't call it "a lot" though.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Carth Dookie posted:

For small gang, ratter ganking and wormhole stuff, sure. I wouldn't call it "a lot" though.

Is there a real viable solo ganking cloaking boat?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

bluegoon posted:

The Stratios ?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

bluegoon posted:

Stratios and to a lesser extent Astero.

Check out the character "Stunt" on zkill.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

bluegoon posted:

Blaster proteus ?

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Carth Dookie posted:

edit: I also wanted to link a post (I think it was on gf.com) somewhere about someone buying a special edition ship model (possibly a geddon?) which devolved into a fanfic about stuffing it in their butt but I can't find it and googling "eve online buttplug story" didn't have the desired results. :saddowns:

I think this is it (we have a post with it in the KF subforum so I can't link directly)

quote:

Lallente had been nervous when he'd bought his new ship. The price had been too good, even factoring in the two weeks it would take for it to be made and delivered. He had been training for weeks, and had bought the largest implants he could find to speed up the process. Now, the day had finally come. He had taken the ship, terrified that he would be caught on route, to the place he had prepared for it. He lit the candles, and opened the box, beholding a lovingly handcrafted 7 inch model of an Absolution. He kissed it once, tenderly, on the bridge, then smeared it with Vaseline and leaned back onto his bed, relaxing his body. Spreading his legs, and opening himself he sighed and whispered softly "The gate is green."

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's the one.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Jesus christ.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
hehe

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Worldshatter posted:

I think this is it (we have a post with it in the KF subforum so I can't link directly)

:stonk:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Awesome, I needed to read that again today. A hearty chuckle was had.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh my word

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Do I have to do the low level missions in order to access the other ones? Everything is just melting..

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

bluegoon posted:

Do I have to do the low level missions in order to access the other ones? Everything is just melting..

So long as you have the relevant social skills to at least 3/4 it only takes a few missions per level to get to the next one, without them though its probably a proper grind. Every 16th mission though you get a story-line that is pretty mandatory as it gives you a massive standings boost. If you are doing missions for empire factions though do cosmos missions for a quick boost

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

With the addition of the Fax Machines is it necessary to train up logistics skills if you just want to fly regular carriers? And on that note, what is each race's carrier best at?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The Caldari carrier (the Chimera) can fit a very tough tank, comparable to an Archon. While the smaller number of low-slots means it can't haul as much cargo, it is nice to be able to be able to fit cargo extenders AND keep your tank.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

bluegoon posted:

all of them

dont expect to like decloak and take on an army of dudes tho everything that cloaks is limited in some aspect

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paging Ullerm,

https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv

The info on the next EVE NT event (rules, info, prize ship skin etc.) is getting announced in a few mins if you're interested.

There's going to be signups for teams that want to partake.

Edit - Announcement post http://www.eve-nt.uk/2016/05/29/new-eve_nt-tournament-season-announced-with-prizes-and-giveaways/

quote:

Thanks to CCP we also have 8 of these IGC Apocalypse skins to give away in each show! So if you can’t compete in the tournament make sure to tun into EVE_NT TV’s twitch stream for a chance to win a skin with an estimated value of 7 billion ISK!

But there is also more! With huge thanks thanks to our sponsors we will also be giving away a Plantronics headset and a Coolermaster keyboard in every show!

CCP are apparently making a new test/tournament server called Thunderdome that is for player run tournaments and various other stuff. It was at the esport roundtable at Fanfest this year.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 29, 2016

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Is it possible to play eve with modern music? It has to be 70s and 80s type chill funk or electro or something for me, I don't think the pace suits anything else. Lipps Inc, Kajgoogoo, Erasure, Duran Duran. Its not even my generation but nothing else paces well with it in my head.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Classical music or bust.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Syndic why have we not received copious amounts of pictures of your puppy? Your posting quality would skyrocket :3:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So about logistics skills, do I need to train them for a carrier if I don't want to fly a FAX machine?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So about logistics skills, do I need to train them for a carrier if I don't want to fly a FAX machine?

no

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This opportunities thing is pretty easy. Just use my Lowsec FW jump clone & stash :toot:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
So... my main account is 7 weeks old... 10 skill injectors deep.

I just made my third account.

Eve has taken over my life.

(No real money invested).

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

wit posted:

Is it possible to play eve with modern music? It has to be 70s and 80s type chill funk or electro or something for me, I don't think the pace suits anything else. Lipps Inc, Kajgoogoo, Erasure, Duran Duran. Its not even my generation but nothing else paces well with it in my head.

I listen to this

https://somafm.com/player/#/now-playing/lush

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

bluegoon posted:

for small to mid gang absolutely.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Archenteron posted:

Syndic why have we not received copious amounts of pictures of your puppy? Your posting quality would skyrocket :3:

Because I am only phone posting lately because taking pics of said puppy and uploading pics then linking them is annoying, but I'm going to dump some old ones now then rectify that tomorrow, uploading the new ones and dumping them. She's so loving cute man I loving love her so goddamn much omg I can't handle it.

PS your posts reminded me that I haven't been blowing rydis' phone up with pictures of my puppy as much as I should have. I will fix both problems

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
https://imgur.com/gowx3h4
Huh?

https://imgur.com/aOaCH5I
OH poo poo HOW DO CHAIRS CHAIR IDGI

https://imgur.com/a/6ReQA
YOU WEREN'T WANTING A PICTURE WE... HOLY poo poo FLASH AHHHHHHHHHH

https://imgur.com/jW3eQXf
The day after I took her instead of fostering her. Omfg what is this collar bullshit

https://imgur.com/IQpgFyD
This is my box, there are many like it but this one is mine......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
PS while we call her steevie, her full name is Steevie Nicks

• Locked thread