Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also they haven't done anything with the VN stuff since P4, all the spinoffs are told in that sense, but it changes gently caress all and they amount to nothing choices. If you are buying sequels and spinoffs it's for the game or the story stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Square-Enix has, in part of their current run as a Face, announced that the English version of Romancing SaGa 2 for iOS/Android will also be coming to Vita.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Romancing Saga 2 is a legitimately good game, but the mobile version, which this is, is full of bugs.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
So I finally finished SAO:LS.
It got predictable near the end, but was still enjoyable.

My only real complaint is, I did not play as Kirito through the majority of the game, other than the occasional checks for story quests, which required him. Instead I used Rain, also a dual sword wielding character who is much more sexy than Kirito ever could be. Still prefer Silica, but that is another story.
As I was near the end I found my having to fight a Lvl400+ character with my Lvl120 Kirito, which he lost in seconds. So I was forced to go back and spend some days farming Kirito XP and Sword Skill to be able to pass that battle. After which I completed the game.

I think I personally enjoyed SAO:HF character interaction more. Developing relationships with all the girls was much more fun than the more simple interactions of LS. Also the lack of character death equaling total endgame made it feel much more relaxed. I preferred the constant pressure of the not having a resurrection capacity.
I did enjoy the spells a lot, and having archery, with special arrows, was a nice and very welcome addition. In HF only Sinon can learn archery, but in LS many more can. I do only suggest Sinon use it as there is a severe trade off, power decrease for range increase. Her Sword Skills with the bow do get very powerful as the game goes on.
Also, having Yuuki, from Mothers Rosario arc made for a very nice and cute addition. Even though the games are alternate realities, it still gives the player much of the story from the anime, especially with Yuuki, and less so with Asuna. Kirito still has a very generic story, mostly a character to represent the player as they assist the various girls through many things, small and large, they wish to accomplish in the game world.
Lisbeth, who is one of my favourite from HF was not as charming or cute in LS, but I still enjoyed using her. I really missed the dress though.
No comments on the music as I turned it off.

Overall well worth the time to play.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Megalixir posted:

Romancing Saga 2 is a legitimately good game, but the mobile version, which this is, is full of bugs.

uh, no? that's what you call the authentic saga experience

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Megalixir posted:

Presumably, they intend to fix those bugs, since this time it's on platforms that can be patched.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ayukawa posted:

Overall well worth the time to play.

I'm mad the character creation sucked so hard. Roll on the new game, maybe it will finally be worth a drat then.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Presumably, they intend to fix those bugs, since this time it's on platforms that can be patched.

Ok good luck.

edit: this lovely gay dead parody forum won't do google translate, so you'll have to deal with the japanese. this is a list of bugs http://wikiwiki.jp/romasaga2/?%A5%D0%A5%B0%A1%A2%B2%F8%B8%BD%BE%DD%A1%A2%BE%AE%B5%BB%CA%F3%B9%F0

Megalixir fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 28, 2016

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Playing XCOM on the Vita is a great, if occasionally frustrating, experience, but what a buggy port it is - randomly crashing on the way to the mission, on the base screen, UI elements randomly disappearing, sound cutting off, characters actually moving from spaces they were at after using a grenade. I understand the limitations of the system, but there's no rhyme or reason to those, so I blame bad optimization.

Still a great game and I'll probably play through more than once, but what a mess.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Szurumbur posted:

Playing XCOM - randomly crashing on the way to the mission, on the base screen, UI elements randomly disappearing, sound cutting off, characters actually moving from spaces they were at after using a grenade.
Still a great game and I'll probably play through more than once, but what a mess.

You know that's also just the XCOM experience in general.

Especially if you saw the things people were suffering from in XCOM 2.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

You know that's also just the XCOM experience in general.

Especially if you saw the things people were suffering from in XCOM 2.

My soldier just threw a grenade and fused into a pillar, thus being available to be flanked but not being able to target anyone - as long as I can save whenever I want I'll manage, playing in Ironman mode must be grueling.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Also, I can confirm that online completion in EDF 2017 Portable counts for the trophies, just finished the last mission on Hard while having one greyed out medal and the trophy unlocked.

Is there a way to completely incapacitate the Mothership? I'd destroyed all of the lower level mirror cannons (there seems to be more above, but they can't target you, it seems) and tried to destroy the launch ports (they look like weak points) but thirty rockets later they don't seem to be any less functional.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The launch ports can't be destroyed, just the cannon panels and the central weak point.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Really Pants posted:

The launch ports can't be destroyed, just the cannon panels and the central weak point.

Thanks for the confirmation, I've made the right call by giving up.

The tone of the mission doesn't work at all if you're doing well, though - they're all dramatic and gloomy and I still had a few troops left for most if the mission because I'd landed on a spaceship and so could attack the Mothership with ease.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ultra despair girls is not worth my money, right?

assume i actually like the bullshit that happens in danganronpa 1 and 2

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

voltcatfish posted:

Yes

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Do not buy Ultra Despair Girls. Please.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Opinions of Ray Gigant?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

SweetBro posted:

Opinions of Ray Gigant?

super easy apparently

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How do items like the shoes that reduce travel time work in Totori? Do you have to keep them in your bag or do you just have to have synthesised them?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

voltcatfish posted:

I loved DR 1 and 2 and bought Ultra Despair Girls for full price and let me tell you just pass unless you are a huge Toko fan and so badly need to see more of that character that you will deal with unfun stuff.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Erg posted:

super easy apparently

It gets a little harder eventually, but not really in a fun or satisfying way. Because of the way the action point and levelling systems work, for most of the game (basically everything before the final dungeon) you're heavily incentivised to set your party up so that only one character is actually taking any actions in most fights and the others are basically dead weight. It makes the combat kinda repetitive even by dungeon crawler standards.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

voltcatfish posted:

I actually picked this up for $14 at Best Buy this week and I'm legitimately enjoying it. Haven't played any of the other Danganronpas so YMMV.

MisterAlex posted:

P4: Dancing All Night is on sale right now at Best Buy.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night - $19.99 ($15.99 with GCU)
Persona 4: Dancing All Night - Disco Fever Edition - $39.99 ($31.99 with GCU)

So this is something like Elite Beat Agents, right?

Thanks for the heads up on this... not sure why no one posted this in deals, so I'm glad I checked here. Story mode is whatever, but the rhythm game is a lot of fun.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

How do items like the shoes that reduce travel time work in Totori? Do you have to keep them in your bag or do you just have to have synthesised them?

In Totori you need to have them with you, I think. Meruru had a separate equip screen for them, maybe Totori Plus added that in, but I'm not 100% on it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

you put them in your bag. be careful not to accidentally sell them, i did that a few times. this is speaking from experience with totori plus

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool, thanks

I'm really enjoying Totori and how it gives you a lot more freedom to do whatever than some of the others but I'm glad they made later ones more user friendly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just remembered why I never finish Atelier games, I need to look up a small thing in a guide, end up reading more and realising all the stuff I've missed or am not going to have the time to get and go eh, gently caress it

Anyway, can you not have Mimi back in your party after you've fallen out? We've made up again as far as I know but I can't find her anywhere now unless I'm blind.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you can easily do everything in totori and have like 4 months left at the end since most events are just based on how long has passed since you saw the last event in its chain. it is very helpful though if you pick up the early world spirit in the graveyard for boots

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyway, can you not have Mimi back in your party after you've fallen out? We've made up again as far as I know but I can't find her anywhere now unless I'm blind.

I might be misremembering because it's been a while, but I think she changes location to the guild office after you get access to Rorona's atelier. If that's where you are already looking for her then it might be some event thing. But you can definitely get her back.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh, that might be the only place I didn't look, or rather I forget that I extends a bit to the left and right, whoops

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Has anyone done the math on how feasible it would be to have a complete EU/US physical Vita collection? There can't possibly be more than 300 games for it, maybe even less than 200 in Europe

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Katana Gomai posted:

Has anyone done the math on how feasible it would be to have a complete EU/US physical Vita collection? There can't possibly be more than 300 games for it, maybe even less than 200 in Europe

Are there any limited/rare games out there? Seems like it would pretty easy to get everything for, on average, retail price.

https://www.pricecharting.com/console/playstation-vita?sort=highest-price

Looks like the only slightly pricey games are alternate editions. So yeah, shouldn't be any problem to get a full set.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I saw these pictures on Twitter a few months back - I would guess these are pretty close to a complete collection but maybe I'm underestimating the amount of physical vita games

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a complete collection would require purchase and ownership of Criminal Girls

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Help Im Alive posted:

I saw these pictures on Twitter a few months back - I would guess these are pretty close to a complete collection but maybe I'm underestimating the amount of physical vita games

The top shelf in the first picture is entirely Japanese games. The bottom pic looks like mostly Western games though, and there's only about 150 games in there.

Really Pants posted:

a complete collection would require purchase and ownership of Criminal Girls

Crap, you're right

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I went ahead and counted the number of physical EU releases according to Wikipedia (:effort:) and ended up with a shocking 170 games. There are more US releases but a surprising number of games only got physical releases in JP/EU for some reason, so the number of US games is still below 200 I think. That's remarkably low.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
It's not surprising given that digital distribution is both cheaper for the creators and more convenient for the users in the case of the vita.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

AND more money for Sony because people need to buy memory cards.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I only buy physical when it's cheaper now and the boxes crack me up. I guess it's mainly for anti-theft purposes since the games are so small but it's a tiny card and maybe a piece of paper if you're lucky in it. The manuals are digital which makes sense but it was kind of sad to look inside and see nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Stanos posted:

I only buy physical when it's cheaper now and the boxes crack me up. I guess it's mainly for anti-theft purposes since the games are so small but it's a tiny card and maybe a piece of paper if you're lucky in it. The manuals are digital which makes sense but it was kind of sad to look inside and see nothing.

The death of physical manuals is sad :(