Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Xenaero posted:

Has anyone dabbled in opskins before?

I cashed out around $400 worth of stuff a year ago. It was worth it for me to pay for a month and get the lower fee, and I really can't complain at all about the service. I hear they require more ID for the first time set up though now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Xenaero posted:

I've sold and bought, cross check prices with bitskins to get most value though

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Xenaero posted:

Never had an issue with opskins. Be aware that they take a % on each sale and paypal will take a % when you cash out in addition to getting less then market because lol getting actual $ value on skins.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Photex posted:

summit just blew $90,000-$100,000 in about 3 minutes to basically cover up the molly incident.

edit: https://www.twitch.tv/summit1g/v/69164414?t=1h49m30s

This dude has turned into such a hostile piece of poo poo lately, it's unbelievable. Like he's a top-5 streamer on Twitch and makes loving oodles of money and he still takes time out of his day to tell people to gently caress off whenever they don't like something, it happened when he got hooked on this CSGO betting poo poo. People would post that they kinda pay for him to play games and he literally says that he's not there for anyone but himself, he doesn't give a poo poo about what you like or don't like and you can suck a dick and get the gently caress out. It's such a bizarre attitude for someone to take when he makes a thousand+ dollars a day from donations and subscribers and owes his entire life and livelihood to people's generosity.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
2016 isn't the year of nacs it's the year of photex

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I was just prob gonna buy instead of sell since I still cash out key trades the old fashioned way but ty

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

RyokoTK posted:

This dude has turned into such a hostile piece of poo poo lately, it's unbelievable. Like he's a top-5 streamer on Twitch and makes loving oodles of money and he still takes time out of his day to tell people to gently caress off whenever they don't like something, it happened when he got hooked on this CSGO betting poo poo. People would post that they kinda pay for him to play games and he literally says that he's not there for anyone but himself, he doesn't give a poo poo about what you like or don't like and you can suck a dick and get the gently caress out. It's such a bizarre attitude for someone to take when he makes a thousand+ dollars a day from donations and subscribers and owes his entire life and livelihood to people's generosity.

lol but imagine having to deal with the twitch community 8-12 hours a day, every day for years

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Google Butt posted:

lol but imagine having to deal with the twitch community 8-12 hours a day, every day for years

Sure but I think there's a difference between ignoring the hecklers, or roasting them a bit and banning them and moving on (which is what the majority of successful streamers do), versus announcing to your ten thousand viewers that you couldn't care less about their opinion of your channel. Building a brand for yourself must be pretty different for the Twitch generation, and obviously I'm not in Summit's position so I could be wildly off base as he's still popular, but if I openly took that position at my job it wouldn't be my job anymore.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

summit just blew $90,000-$100,000 in about 3 minutes to basically cover up the molly incident.

edit: https://www.twitch.tv/summit1g/v/69164414?t=1h49m30s

what a guy

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

Sure but I think there's a difference between ignoring the hecklers, or roasting them a bit and banning them and moving on (which is what the majority of successful streamers do), versus announcing to your ten thousand viewers that you couldn't care less about their opinion of your channel. Building a brand for yourself must be pretty different for the Twitch generation, and obviously I'm not in Summit's position so I could be wildly off base as he's still popular, but if I openly took that position at my job it wouldn't be my job anymore.

the people who thrive in twitch chats and watch summit enough to justify donating hundreds or thousands to him are not good human beings

not that summit is better

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
If you can't afford to throw thousand of dollars at a computer screen and lose it all, at least you can watch someone else do it for you these days.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smithereens posted:

uhhh, i truly believe that sewage2k is retarded and that the only saving grace that he has is good aim. the only reason he gets away with his dumb poo poo so often is because "who pushes their own smoke?" is a thought shared by pros and plebs alike when playing against idiots. when you start expecting that sort of thing, the person pushing the smoke is at a serious disadvantage.

sorry if this opinion destroys your idealistic realiti :classiclol:

snax is a top5 player on merely decent aim thanks to "dumb poo poo" like pushing his own smokes. The key to doing that is to time it well. If you have the gamesense to push the smoke when nobody's likely to be looking, you have made an excellent move.

Stew is improving and being more effective with his "dumb poo poo" as he learns how top pros play. He's not there yet but he's improving and has huge potential, and you're being obtuse

I personally thought it was a super lovely pickup but he's probably the most promising player on C9 now.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

If you think Yung Stew is still poo poo you're just an idiot at this point, the difference between his kills are they are nearly always high impact kills. If he pop flashes a smoke on plat of cbble and gets 1 or 2 kills he's severely crippled that play.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Photex posted:

If you think Yung Stew is still poo poo you're just an idiot at this point, the difference between his kills are they are nearly always high impact kills. If he pop flashes a smoke on plat of cbble and gets 1 or 2 kills he's severely crippled that play.

Yes. He's still braindead sometimes and he needs to get smarter but his improvement between when he joined C9 and now is staggering. His weirdo plays work out most of the time now

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

He's like 12 and once he finds a real team and mentor he's going to improve even faster

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Putting this in here before I throw it up on SA Mart:

Would any of you be interested in purchasing a used but in still great condition Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Keyboard for $75?

I used it from mid-February of this year up until last week after having replaced it with a Corsair K70. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the G810 and I'll gladly post pictures if requested. Shipping in US (and maybe Canada) only.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

dex_sda posted:

snax is a top5 player on merely decent aim thanks to "dumb poo poo" like pushing his own smokes. The key to doing that is to time it well. If you have the gamesense to push the smoke when nobody's likely to be looking, you have made an excellent move.

Stew is improving and being more effective with his "dumb poo poo" as he learns how top pros play. He's not there yet but he's improving and has huge potential, and you're being obtuse

I personally thought it was a super lovely pickup but he's probably the most promising player on C9 now.

you mean snax from the premiere team? rofl poland is literally a 3rd world country and if you think snax is top 5 then you must have brain damage.

stewage is bad, but maybe he can improve? dont have high hopes though, because he consistently makes horrible plays and puts his team in lovely situations because of it. yeah, you think it's cool and exciting when he smokes himself, pulls a flash and pushes the smoke xDDD wowowow omg YUNG STEW U GOTTA B KIDDIN ME but i see a predictable move and really bad decision making

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hey man what did he do to you? Piss in your cereal?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smithereens posted:

you mean snax from the premiere team? rofl poland is literally a 3rd world country and if you think snax is top 5 then you must have brain damage.

stewage is bad, but maybe he can improve? dont have high hopes though, because he consistently makes horrible plays and puts his team in lovely situations because of it. yeah, you think it's cool and exciting when he smokes himself, pulls a flash and pushes the smoke xDDD wowowow omg YUNG STEW U GOTTA B KIDDIN ME but i see a predictable move and really bad decision making

:laffo:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smithereens posted:

Wowee, it's like I'm on HLTV.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

so making risky plays and getting lucky doesn't equal being good

so he abuses the meta a little and then starts getting poo poo on repeatedly once people figure out he's always going to try some gimmick play that is super risky but works 5% of the time

frags mean literally nothing if you're not winning rounds

that dust2 game was c9 getting dismantled by the best team in the world right now and Stewie getting frustrated and trying anything to create an opening. for every play he made that game he did something equally dumb that lost them rounds

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Putting this in here before I throw it up on SA Mart:

Would any of you be interested in purchasing a used but in still great condition Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Keyboard for $75?

I used it from mid-February of this year up until last week after having replaced it with a Corsair K70. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the G810 and I'll gladly post pictures if requested. Shipping in US (and maybe Canada) only.

I'll take it after you clean out all the beer and wing sauce. I don't have PMs but you can add me on steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/ipayton/

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
i wish stewie2k would 1v1 me so i could show him how bad he is at this game.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

John DiFool posted:

so making risky plays and getting lucky doesn't equal being good

so he abuses the meta a little and then starts getting poo poo on repeatedly once people figure out he's always going to try some gimmick play that is super risky but works 5% of the time

frags mean literally nothing if you're not winning rounds

that dust2 game was c9 getting dismantled by the best team in the world right now and Stewie getting frustrated and trying anything to create an opening. for every play he made that game he did something equally dumb that lost them rounds

but... but... yung stew is teh best he got all the frags and pushes his own smokes!!! he is a genius and the hope na neds!!!!!!!!!! bests c9 player BY FAR YUNG STEW!!!!!!!!!!!!'nnnbbbbnkl

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Smithereens posted:

but... but... yung stew is teh best he got all the frags and pushes his own smokes!!! he is a genius and the hope na neds!!!!!!!!!! bests c9 player BY FAR YUNG STEW!!!!!!!!!!!!'nnnbbbbnkl

No one called him a genius. He's just loving on point right now. We're not saying he's the next Olof, we're just saying he's improved a shitload and you need to hop off the hate train.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Fauxshiz posted:

No one called him a genius. He's just loving on point right now. We're not saying he's the next Olof, we're just saying he's improved a shitload and you need to hop off the hate train.

is your idea of improvement "doing the same thing that doesn't work over and over again" because albert einstein once said that that is insanity

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Demostrs posted:

if he was good why would he alias as sewage2k? check mate atheists

nobody has countered my logic still, obviously infallible gaming proof stew is poo

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Stewie has a ~1.20 rating in ELEAGUE so far. Granted, the opposition hasn't exactly been world-class, but that's a superstar-level performance.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Smithereens posted:

is your idea of improvement "doing the same thing that doesn't work over and over again" because albert einstein once said that that is insanity

This is actually falsely attributed to Einstein, the first verifiable instance of it is from a Narcotics Annonymous pamphlet.

Please learn the correct sources for your quotations, and the correct opinions on stewie.

E: Seriously though he is doing very well, and he is still young. Those things alone in a pro setting hold a lot of promise even if you don't like his current play style, just like in any sport/competition.

surc fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 30, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That's a lot of talk about some guy in a team that's going nowhere outside of groups at an international event. Cloud 9's success or failures seem to be more dependent on what the new leader and the part time dentist can put together anyway. I cringe internally whenever anyone says yung.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

My memory got jogged about this, forgot about it, but this guy is dodgy af. He definitely got VAC'd in Source because I remember him, and he got OW ban in CS:GO and hid his account:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/unknownonon/

Can see it was his account here, even though he's name spammed and changed the URL:

http://www.legit-proof.com/search?m=guid&q=1%3A0%3A84699619
http://steamrep.com/?id=76561198129664966

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

My memory got jogged about this, forgot about it, but this guy is dodgy af. He definitely got VAC'd in Source because I remember him, and he got OW ban in CS:GO and hid his account:

It's not really proof of anything, but back when I DMed on brutalcs like almost every day over a period of several months, I'd see Disco on there all the time, usually right at the top of the scoreboard. I only remember him because he owned me a lot more than most people. Unless he for some reason cheats in dm, the dude at least has some pretty sick aim to help his triggerbot along

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
I think there was some drama around xelos too

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
https://twitter.com/Thooorin/status/735736083095257088

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I'm so happy that I get to wake up every day and be me instead of someone like Thorin

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
"I am a beta bitch, and so is everyone I know and interact with."

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the beta uprising is near...

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
please review my erotic yaoi fanfiction featuring thorin, rlewis, and milo

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

what does that even mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

dex_sda posted:

what does that even mean

I'm guessing somebody had a negative reaction to a thing he said, and so he took the only approrpiate Alpha response: passively-aggressively bitch on twitter.

Or maybe he thinks he found his true place by getting to roast Shaq on TV, or maybe he's mad he's not pro. Whatever it is, basically:

MrSmokes posted:

I'm so happy that I get to wake up every day and be me instead of someone like Thorin