Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'd also point out that the DW of the past few months has been substantially easier than ye olde DW. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's worth bearing in mind that DW used to be a serious ordeal. Now, almost everything can be two-manned with a little effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I admit to wanting challenging content, but I'm not arguing that nerfing existing builds is the way to achieve that, while Overkill is. If difficulty is to be elevated (on DW), it needs to be done in a more interesting, less "more health and damage for cops, fewer optimal options for players" fashion. Sorry this nuance is so challenging for you.

Mind knocking off the back handed insults?

You have doubled back again. Much earlier in the thread you argued for bigger numbers, the reduction of viability via increased difficulty and excusing it with "Git Gud". It's the opposite of what you're saying now and a turn around on what you been saying a couple comments ago. I much rather have whatever Vox comes up with than to try to make sense of you at this point.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

oohhboy posted:

Mind knocking off the back handed insults?

You have doubled back again. Much earlier in the thread you argued for bigger numbers, the reduction of viability via increased difficulty and excusing it with "Git Gud". It's the opposite of what you're saying now and a turn around on what you been saying a couple comments ago. I much rather have whatever Vox comes up with than to try to make sense of you at this point.

It's almost like opinions can change over time! And I've been consistent in my recent arguments.

E: Oh, I see. You were the guy from a little while back who was mad that DW required a team to camp a corner to win. That was untrue then, and it's untrue now.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 29, 2016

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You don't know what you want. Even if you did you can't remember. I had to remind you. Next time someone brings something up you will flip again. It's not that you flipped, it's how you flipped. We are done.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
And here I am, just shooting cops, all suboptimal and poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sykic posted:

And here I am, just shooting cops, all suboptimal and poo poo.

This game allows me to live this gif while sprinting around at 40MPH. I hope I never get as bitter about it as all that.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orv posted:

This game allows me to live this gif while sprinting around at 40MPH. I hope I never get as bitter about it as all that.

When it first came out I was living the Terry Crews build, then they nerfed it and I was sad. But I hear it will be good again. A good harvest to look forward to indeed.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Orv posted:

Hold on to that feeling!

This is one of the least joyful threads in games. It seems like the regulars no longer actually play payday, they just sit in front of an excel spreadsheet running the numbers playing voice clip compilations of their least favourite character in the background.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Spoiler alert: It's possible to play on a regular basis and understand how the numbers work :monocle:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Holy dick I have never seen a page get so terrible so fast as the last page

E: and I'm the op of the XCOM thread

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
From that wall of text update there was mention of a console update recorded.

In all the console news they said they would not update is again until there is a release date. So I guess that is good news (for 1% of this thread).

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Sykic posted:

Spoiler alert: It's possible to play on a regular basis and understand how the numbers work :monocle:

Whoosh

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I can't post any pictures of it on my phone but the Stryk 18 skin from the Sydney safe is dope as gently caress.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Coolguye posted:

This just shows I need to stop giving you guys information.

Looks like this thread needs a Death Vox palate cleanser!

Art Gallery

The Setting:
The gang returns to the Capitol Art Gallery, but the new owners have given security a serious upgrade. This is partly due to the new “Modern Classics” paintings being added to the collection. Bain wants to steal at least 4 of them. All three entrances to the security room are open, making it a sort of hub between halls A, C and E.

Stealth:
Titan cameras. Two laser walls spawn in the map, blocking either the A-B and C-D doors or B-C and D-E. In addition, a set of lasers is covering every painting alcove. Players can temporarily disable a set of lasers covering ¼ of all paintings by using one of four consoles in the security room. When a door into the room is opened, guards will begin pathing in or through it. If the security guard in the monitoring room is taken out, a replacement will be sent by Gensec. This can happen multiple times. Players can also switch the laser wall configuration, but doing so will cause it to start switching automatically about every 4 minutes.

Loud:
When the alarm sounds, shutters and metal bars activate as usual. In addition, metal plates will cover the Modern Classics. Bain will mention you can’t C4 them without destroying the paintings. The hack will have to complete before you can get the objectives. The shutter will also stay closed until the hack ends. Enemies(particularly shields) will attempt to stop the hack at the security room- once the hack starts, they will also continuously attempt to open the security doors.

Special Spawns:
Enemies spawn by climbing the sides of the gallery roof and dropping through skylights (this has the effect of making the gallery interior much less safe). 2 Turrets spawn- one in the usual position, one in the parking lot near the escape van. During the hack, snipers will be dropped off on the gallery roof and will attack through the skylights.

Extra Loot:
All paintings in the gallery can be stolen. This translates to 46 paintings up for grabs. Of the 46, 9 are different, modernist paintings (taken from other maps like Nightclub and Rats 2). 4 of these are required- they are worth more money as well. There will also be an ATM in the lobby.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 29, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I can't post any pictures of it on my phone but the Stryk 18 skin from the Sydney safe is dope as gently caress.

waiting for a price drop but I really want it. How does it look with a different or no compensator?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The rest of the Union Jack will show up on the compensator if it's large enough. It works with the silencers at least. You don't get anything with the flash hider so I swapped it out for the face punch which is statiscally almost identical.

Unless you manage to score a deal I'd suggest waiting. I sold a battleworn version I unboxed for 20 dollars if that's any indication of first week price inflation.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

Do they work in the beta now? Cuz I'm gonna miss 'dipped my guns in white paint'.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yes the Sydney skins are working as of the newest patch. Also on the subject of guns dipped in white: https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/MP7%20%7C%20Whiteout%20(Factory%20New)

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

This just shows I need to stop giving you guys information.

Looks like this thread needs a Death Vox palate cleanser!

Art Gallery

I am disappointed by you not adding stealing scupltures as well (with Shadow Raid artifact weights, of course).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tempest_56 posted:

I am disappointed by you not adding stealing scupltures as well (with Shadow Raid artifact weights, of course).

That's unfortunately just straight up impossible to do in stealth with a number of guard or camera situations-it would come down to complete luck. Besides, the national gallery is really just a simple commercial gallery- the artifacts are for the Diamond.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I think I found out that yes you can do the multi-seat glitch from the Forklifts on the boat for Birth of Sky. Which makes it even more fun when the rest of the team is trying to get to the driver seat. Tried to hold f to get out and it just hard crashed back to desktop.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I think I found out that yes you can do the multi-seat glitch from the Forklifts on the boat for Birth of Sky. Which makes it even more fun when the rest of the team is trying to get to the driver seat. Tried to hold f to get out and it just hard crashed back to desktop.

Is this from the beta? I can add it to the report- it looks like it's effecting all vehicles in different ways. It appears to have to do with imprecise syncing of vehicle positions.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

Is this from the beta? I can add it to the report- it looks like it's effecting all vehicles in different ways. It appears to have to do with imprecise syncing of vehicle positions.

Nah, still playing regular.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Coolguye posted:

E: and I'm the op of the XCOM thread

u no u luv it bb

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It's almost like opinions can change over time! And I've been consistent in my recent arguments.

E: Oh, I see. You were the guy from a little while back who was mad that DW required a team to camp a corner to win. That was untrue then, and it's untrue now.

Can you just not poo poo up the thread for a while?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Another 18 months of Payday! Overkill own Payday in full!

gently caress THAT BROKE DICK DRILL.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Update 100 is this Thursday and I guess we're getting a Biker heister?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Hey guys, I'm taking stock of what achievements I still need to do and I'm trying to get a good sense of what assault rifle mod unlocks are particularly useful. I'm looking to branch out and play with some new guns but I swear everything has a bunch of potentially useful mods cheevo-locked. Can anyone recommend some particularly good ones to aim for?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, so they're making drill economy free? Well, I hope people who spent money on drills don't mind just throwing pennies into Gabe's mouth.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Crabtree posted:

Wait, so they're making drill economy free? Well, I hope people who spent money on drills don't mind just throwing pennies into Gabe's mouth.

I guess the cut they make from people buying skins directly on the marketplace was more profitable than the drills themselves then.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
woohoo! No more microtransactions in Payday 2!

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

jivjov posted:

Okay who sold their soul to get this to happen?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

jivjov posted:

Wait what?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Maybe people will shut up about skins now, they've got to save their breath for complaining about safehouse customisation!

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Great Beer posted:

Wait what?

Sounds like Safes dropped in the future no longer require drills to open. However you can still buy and sell skins on the Marketplace.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

TopHatGenius posted:

Sounds like Safes dropped in the future no longer require drills to open. However you can still buy and sell skins on the Marketplace.

Well thats loving awesome.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Well that's one way to ensure the market has legs.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

no more microtransactions from now on

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Congratulations Reddit. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Hopefully it'll drag down the prices on some of the skins. Some of these being 5-10+ is just idiocy.