Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

code:
BluntForce the Axe Maniac (Minotaur Berserker)     Turns: 62626, Time: 02:39:43
Health: 256/256    AC: 39    Str: 28    XL:     27
Magic:  31/31      EV: 18    Int:  4    God:    Trog [*****.]
Gold:   3923       SH: 25    Dex: 14    Spells: 0 memorised, 26 levels left

rFire  . . .      SeeInvis +    B - +10 broad axe "Viun" {flame, rPois rN+ MP+9 
rCold  . . .      Gourm    .    r - +7 plate armour {MR+}
rNeg   + + .      Faith    .    K - +0 large shield {reflect}
rPois  +          Spirit   .    J - +1 hat {MR+}
rElec  .          Dismiss  .    W - +0 cloak "Ixiups" {rN+ Str+2 SInv}
rCorr  +          Reflect  +    e - +0 pair of gloves of the Hidden Lives {MR+ r
SustAt .          Harm     .    M - +1 pair of boots {Fly}
MR     +++++                    t - amulet of regeneration
Stlth  ..........               L - +5 ring of protection
                                X - +5 ring of slaying

@: flying, almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely
unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, beak, horns 2, weak 1
a: Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Burn Spellbooks, Renounce Religion,
Stop Flying
I'm standing on the tile next to the Orb of Zot and I've never made it this far. I have garbage for equipment and no resistances except rN and MR and this has somehow not been a problem, between the Amulet of Regen and Trog's Hand I've been able to stand in open spaces surrounded and cleave everything to death all the way up to the orb. The only scary moment was fighting three Orbs of Fire at once. I've cleared everything except Slime, Hell, Pan, Abyss, Crypt and Tomb and only found three heal potions along the way, I just drank the last one.

Is it even worth trying for more runes with my gear? I want to try to see more of the game before I finish it, if I ascend I'll probably stop playing for a while. I have some sources of rF I can put on but I'd lose rCorr and some of the MR, I haven't found any rC or rElec at all. I have 6 potions of cure mutation so I can probably do Slime but are the other branches going to be a death wish for me? I don't have a clue what they have in store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I suggest just taking the Orb and finish your first game. :)

It's more for the satisfaction of accomplishment. Your second game (and there will be a second game! You've got the bug) you can experiment further.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

the Orb of Zot posted:

RIP Decks of Wonders (and Helix cards and Focus cards)

Who remembers when those were gift-able by Nemelex (and you could skew the odds towards him doing so via sacrificing the right type of item) and contained stuff like experience cards that gave you EXP and an experience level, cards that opened up portals to labyrinths/ice caves/bazaars, and all sorts of other permanent benefits?
I do and it still wasn't enough to get me to worship that pain in the rear end god. Nemelex is just a wonky and bad god. At least they don't have portable altars anymore.

Thankfully we got a good evoker god now.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 29, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
every time this comes up i'm going to repeat my thought that nemelex should be reworked as a primarily-extended god, just go in hard on the whole "cards painted in demon's blood" thing

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Another post to ask for advice, I'm playing a MiBe and it's the farthest I've gotten so far, really want to get a 3 rune win. I've gotten two lair-branch runes, cleared all of depths as well as elf, crypt and vault:4. I need to get my third rune now, I'm guessing that's vaults:5, and I've heard it can be quite dangerous. How best should I approach it as a MiBe?

Current game: http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/Sent/Sent.txt

I'm also wondering, how important is MR vs. Slay+6 for a ring? I'm currently at two pips of MR, and can switch out my slay+6 ring for another pip.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Shakill OReal posted:

code:
BluntForce the Axe Maniac (Minotaur Berserker)     Turns: 62626, Time: 02:39:43
Health: 256/256    AC: 39    Str: 28    XL:     27
Magic:  31/31      EV: 18    Int:  4    God:    Trog [*****.]
Gold:   3923       SH: 25    Dex: 14    Spells: 0 memorised, 26 levels left

rFire  . . .      SeeInvis +    B - +10 broad axe "Viun" {flame, rPois rN+ MP+9 
rCold  . . .      Gourm    .    r - +7 plate armour {MR+}
rNeg   + + .      Faith    .    K - +0 large shield {reflect}
rPois  +          Spirit   .    J - +1 hat {MR+}
rElec  .          Dismiss  .    W - +0 cloak "Ixiups" {rN+ Str+2 SInv}
rCorr  +          Reflect  +    e - +0 pair of gloves of the Hidden Lives {MR+ r
SustAt .          Harm     .    M - +1 pair of boots {Fly}
MR     +++++                    t - amulet of regeneration
Stlth  ..........               L - +5 ring of protection
                                X - +5 ring of slaying

@: flying, almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely
unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, beak, horns 2, weak 1
a: Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Burn Spellbooks, Renounce Religion,
Stop Flying
I'm standing on the tile next to the Orb of Zot and I've never made it this far. I have garbage for equipment and no resistances except rN and MR and this has somehow not been a problem, between the Amulet of Regen and Trog's Hand I've been able to stand in open spaces surrounded and cleave everything to death all the way up to the orb. The only scary moment was fighting three Orbs of Fire at once. I've cleared everything except Slime, Hell, Pan, Abyss, Crypt and Tomb and only found three heal potions along the way, I just drank the last one.

Is it even worth trying for more runes with my gear? I want to try to see more of the game before I finish it, if I ascend I'll probably stop playing for a while. I have some sources of rF I can put on but I'd lose rCorr and some of the MR, I haven't found any rC or rElec at all. I have 6 potions of cure mutation so I can probably do Slime but are the other branches going to be a death wish for me? I don't have a clue what they have in store.

You would rather have the rcorr and rc for slime over cmut potions. Slime isn't hard and its kinda neat, just don't rush. Your gear isn't bad in all honesty.

E: If you just want to see more of extended, clear vestible, do slime, and see how you feel after that.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

ThePineapple posted:

Another post to ask for advice, I'm playing a MiBe and it's the farthest I've gotten so far, really want to get a 3 rune win. I've gotten two lair-branch runes, cleared all of depths as well as elf, crypt and vault:4. I need to get my third rune now, I'm guessing that's vaults:5, and I've heard it can be quite dangerous. How best should I approach it as a MiBe?

Current game: http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/Sent/Sent.txt

I'm also wondering, how important is MR vs. Slay+6 for a ring? I'm currently at two pips of MR, and can switch out my slay+6 ring for another pip.

+6 Slay is really really good, hard to beat that. MR++ is fine.

Vaults:5 is definitely rough, but a MiBe with an awesome executioners axe and good gear shouldn't have major problems. Be ready to stair dance, and teleport if a warden blocks them and you're in trouble (id your tele wand if possible). Use Trog's abilities but don't get exhausted while surrounded. rElec and some more rFire would be nice but I think you'll be fine.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 30, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Thalamas posted:

Edit: Nevermind, apparently counting is not my strong point this morning. Mutations!

You frequently emit foul miasma is the gooniest of mutations.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
code:
    2180904 DevlanMud the Conqueror (level 27, 273/273 HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Berserker on May 27, 2016.
             Was the Champion of Trog.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 4 runes on May 30, 2016!

The game lasted 07:49:58 (88797 turns).
Toot, finally an online win. I'm great, etc...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Austen Tassletine posted:

I've come back to crawl after taking a break for a few versions and have been thinking about the mutation system. How about if it was changed so that the mutations inflicted are temporary unless the source is killed within a certain number of turns, otherwise they become permanent? This should still be more interesting than the old system hoping you find a source of resist mutation, or the current one in which you hope to have found enough cure mutation pots.

I imagine something like this has already been suggested and rejected, but I was wondering if there were any thoughts?

The weird thing is that there already is a system for temporary badmuts which some abyss/pan enemies use. But for some reason permanent malmutate still exists as well.

rF is extremely important in Zot:5 because orbs of fire can hit for about 120 damage unresisted. It's definitely more important than rCorr and MR, especially since orbs of fire don't care about either of those resists.

ThePineapple posted:

MR is nice but you don't need it all the time, especially since you already have the artifact ring with MR and you have access to Trog's Hand.

I'd wear slay most of the time but switch to the MR ring around scary mr-checking things (e.g. vault sentinels, things that can paralyse/banish, etc). But cast Trog's Hand first and only swap rings if it's still above 0% chance to affect you.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

jerkstoresup posted:

+6 Slay is really really good, hard to beat that. MR++ is fine.

Vaults:5 is definitely rough, but a MiBe with an awesome executioners axe and good gear shouldn't have major problems. Be ready to stair dance, and teleport if a warden blocks them and you're in trouble. Use Trog's abilities. rElec and some more rFire would be nice but I think you'll be fine.

I'd lean on Trog's Hand a bit too especially when trying to crack V:5 - you do not want a sentinel to mark you if you can avoid it.

Otherwise, buff up - I'd chug a might and maybe a resistance - and get stair dancing. Zerk as you need to (but probably not on V:5 if you can avoid it with the mess - don't want to be slowed/exhausted there) and don't be afraid to lean on BiA if it looks rough. Not having haste kinda sucks, but you seem beefy enough to deal. Just take it slow, stairdance as you can, kill wardens/sentinels ASAP.

Read a magic map scroll when you're in there if you get a chance, to give you some idea where you are if you teleport.

ID your tele wand, you have plenty of ?oID :v:

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Managed to clear the vaults! Thanks for the help. It was easier than expected, only actually scary part was when a flayed ghost flayed me to ~40%HP with a bunch of other monsters around. Now to go through Zot and win... I'm a bit nervous, but I found a "+0 pair of boots "Ruegosk" {rF++ MR+ rCorr}" on V:5 which brings me up to rF+++, so hopefully that means I can deal with orbs of fire and the like.

Edit: I finally found a crystal plate armor, which I could theoretically enchant to +10 or so. I've been wearing the +6 scale mail "Awycyn" {-Cast +Blink Regen+ Str+8}. Which is better, the huge amount of AC from the crystal plate, or the Blink, Regen and Str from the scale mail?

ThePineapple fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 30, 2016

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Strength is just a bonus, it's not exceptional particularly for a Minotaur which will have enough Strength naturally. Regen is always a nice thing (I tend to overvalue it so grain of salt) and Blink is only good IF you use it. Your current AC/EV situation is fine as is so it's down to if you want more AC (with a minor tradeoff in EV).

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ThePineapple posted:

Managed to clear the vaults! Thanks for the help. It was easier than expected, only actually scary part was when a flayed ghost flayed me to ~40%HP with a bunch of other monsters around. Now to go through Zot and win... I'm a bit nervous, but I found a "+0 pair of boots "Ruegosk" {rF++ MR+ rCorr}" on V:5 which brings me up to rF+++, so hopefully that means I can deal with orbs of fire and the like.

Edit: I finally found a crystal plate armor, which I could theoretically enchant to +10 or so. I've been wearing the +6 scale mail "Awycyn" {-Cast +Blink Regen+ Str+8}. Which is better, the huge amount of AC from the crystal plate, or the Blink, Regen and Str from the scale mail?

You look pretty good for Zot. I'd just be careful with rElec - it doesn't come up much, but Elec Golems can be painful if you don't kill them quick. More AC is nice, but expect to see your EV to take a hit especially with losing the str bonus - I'd take a look with both armors on and see what you feel most comfortable with. (Then see Grimm's comments about Regen/Blink.)

Go get 'em!

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

How often are you casting blink? If it's not "all the time to get out of bad spots into better ones" go with crystal plate. Actually, go with crystal plate and see what happens. What's your armour skill?

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
code:
1643963 Sent the Conqueror (level 27, 273/273 HPs)
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on May 30, 2016!

The game lasted 11:03:24 (79954 turns).

Sent the Conqueror (Minotaur Berserker)            Turns: 79954, Time: 11:03:25

Health: 273/273    AC: 31    Str: 34      XL:     27
Magic:  31/31      EV: 34    Int:  4      God:    Trog [******]
Gold:   2849       SH:  6    Dex: 23 (24) Spells: 0 memorised, 26 levels left

rFire  + + +      SeeInvis .    t - +12 executioner's axe "Jeinuofe" {freeze, Dex+5}
rCold  + . .      Gourm    .    S - +6 scale mail "Awycyn" {-Cast +Blink Regen+ Str+8}
rNeg   + . .      Faith    .    (shield currently unavailable)
rPois  .          Spirit   .    (helmet unavailable)
rElec  +          Dismiss  .    e - +1 cloak "Jathyt" {rN+ Int-2 Dex+5}
rCorr  +          Reflect  +    y - +1 pair of gloves of Indecent Exposure {+Blink rElec Str-3 Int+4}
SustAt .          Harm     .    M - +0 pair of boots "Ruegosk" {rF++ MR+ rCorr}
MR     ++++.      NoCast   +    Y - +6 amulet of reflection
Stlth  +.........               l - +6 ring of slaying
                                u - ring of Equilibrium {rF+ rC+ MR+ Stlth+}
Well I went ahead and did Zot and the Orb run anyway, and got my first win! Actually Zot 5 was super easy, orbs of fire didn't really do anything to me. But the orb run had two separate occasions where a pan lord spawned just before the stairs and nearly killed me. Anyway, I'm glad to get my first win. Thanks for the help! Thinking back, 11 hours for a run seems like a long time, I guess I was just playing super careful everywhere.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Devlan Mud posted:

code:
    2180904 DevlanMud the Conqueror (level 27, 273/273 HPs)
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 4 runes on May 30, 2016!

The game lasted 07:49:58 (88797 turns).
Toot, finally an online win. I'm great, etc...

Congrats!

Also, I saw you pop into my game briefly (I'm Almacia) so I'm sorry it wasn't more interesting than it was.

On the other hand, I have learned that Hep is pretty neat.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

IronicDongz posted:

Well, that was unexpected! Pretty sure Golden Dragon simulacra aren't supposed to use that tile.

ironically, this is indirectly your fault

(i hosed up when adding your tiles)

should be fixed now!

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

ThePineapple posted:

Thinking back, 11 hours for a run seems like a long time, I guess I was just playing super careful everywhere.

Don't lose the habit. The majority of my wins were when I was new and super careful everywhere.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

jerkstoresup posted:

Don't lose the habit. The majority of my wins were when I was new and super careful everywhere.

I would go so far as to say that playing slowly and carefully is probably the very best roguelike skill there is.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Prism posted:

I would go so far as to say that playing slowly and carefully is probably the very best roguelike skill there is.

Agreed. During the tournament I was splatting like crazy until I sat down and made myself take everything slowly and carefully. I won two games later.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

jerkstoresup posted:

counterpoint: become jaded and keep o+tab held down the entire time like the rest of us

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Continuing Hep report from a not-great player: Real good as a passive god. I always liked demonic guardian!

There is a text error when fighting a ghost moth with an ancestor spirit when you don't see invisible, so I reported it.
code:
You feel you are being watched by something. @player_only@
Didn't seem to be harmful - the gaze applied monster antimagic to my battlemage ancestor and caused it to falter when casting a few times, which is I assume what it's supposed to do?

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Spearing my way through a Z:5 lung, when suddenly:

79050 | Zot:5 | Cast into level 5 of the Abyss (the power of Zot)
79050 | Abyss:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Abyss
79052 | Abyss:5 | Got an abyssal rune of Zot

... and done!

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/chamandro/morgue-chamandro-20160531-043343.txt

code:
2169832 chamandro the Messiah (level 27, 260/260 HPs)
             Began as a Hill Orc Fighter on May 28, 2016.
             Was the Champion of Beogh.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 4 runes on May 31, 2016!

The game lasted 07:13:05 (80284 turns).
First win in a long time, after coming back to the game a couple months ago. I'd mostly been playing DrCj lately, and took a break from that to play a game as HOFi of Beogh and ended up winning :v:

I used to play HO of Beogh a lot a while ago, and they are way easier to play now. Sadly it's too hard/not worth micromanaging your orcs, but they do serve as useful meat shields. Basically, I used up my stockpile of them to take down Mennas, and after the slaughter was never able to recover the hoard in any meaningful way. It is much, much easier to handle your orcs now though, compared to back when I last played the game, and you had to micromanage equipment of each individual orc, and deal with them picking up and dropping stuff that you didn't want them to. Also, smiting is insanely good now, I ended up with Invo as my highest skill but still did not nearly use smite enough.

nogic fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 31, 2016

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

SirSamVimes posted:

counterpoint: become jaded and keep o+tab held down the entire time like the rest of us

I should probably stop doing this, and hitting Random Character at chargen if I ever want a win, but eh!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I just want to say that PleasingFungus is awesome.

Thanks to all the developers also.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Please tell me you step in the middle and it's actually a door vault of ancestor ghosts. :colbert:

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Let's not get carried away now. :colbert:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ugly John posted:

Let's not get carried away now. :colbert:
Hey, even if they are doing things I disagree with (like removing rMut, Distillation & Evaporate, and Singularity) I am thankful there are people willing to put time for free into keeping this game updating.

Except for not including the Crown of Eternal Torment, whoever that developer was is my enemy.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
You just made me remember Singularity. That was the best spell.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Suggestions?

Edit:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
code:
  75 function callback.hep_ancestral_shrine_los(data, triggerable, triggerer, marker, ev)
  76   if not dgn.persist.hep_ancestral_shrine_reborn and you.god() == "Hepliaklqana" then
  77     local trees = dgn.find_marker_positions_by_prop("dead_tree", 1)
  78     for i, slave in ipairs(trees) do
  79       dgn.tile_feat_changed(slave.x, slave.y, "DNGN_TREE")
  80     end
  81     dgn.reset_feature_name_for(trees[1].x, trees[1].y, "tree")
  82     local slime = dgn.find_marker_positions_by_prop("green_water", 1)
  83     for i, slave in ipairs(slime) do
  84       dgn.colour_at(slave.x, slave.y, "blue")
  85     end
  86     crawl.god_speaks("Hepliaklqana", "Let the past return from memory!")
  87     dgn.persist.hep_ancestral_shrine_reborn = true
  88   end
  89 end
  91 function species_mock(e)
  92   if you.race() == "Centaur" then
  93     e.kmons("1 = orb spider")
  94   elseif you.race() == "Demigod" then
  95     e.kmons("1 = titan simulacrum")
  96   elseif you.race() == "Demonspawn" then
  97     e.kmons("1 = hell beast")
  98   elseif you.race() == "Draconian" then
  99     e.kmons("1 = death drake")
 100   elseif you.race() == "Deep Dwarf" then
 101     e.kmons("1 = deep dwarf zombie")
 102   elseif you.race() == "Deep Elf" then
 103     e.kmons("1 = insubstantial wisp")
 104   elseif you.race() == "Halfling" then
 105     e.kmons("1 = hobgoblin ; mundane sling")
 106   elseif you.race() == "High Elf" then
 107     e.kmons("1 = giant orange brain")
 108   elseif you.race() == "Hill Orc" then
 109     e.kmons("1 = goblin ; mundane hand axe")
 110   elseif you.race() == "Human" then
 111     e.kmons("1 = killer klown")
 112   elseif you.race() == "Felid" then
 113     e.kmons("1 = sphinx zombie")
 114   elseif you.race() == "Formicid" then
 115     e.kmons("1 = soldier ant")
 116   elseif you.race() == "Gargoyle" then
 117     e.kmons("1 = earth elemental")
 118   elseif you.race() == "Ghoul" then
 119     e.kmons("1 = death ooze")
 120   elseif you.race() == "Kobold" then
 121     e.kmons("1 = boggart")
 122   elseif you.race() == "Merfolk" then
 123     e.kmons("1 = giant frog")
 124   elseif you.race() == "Minotaur" then
 125     e.kmons("1 = yak")
 126   elseif you.race() == "Mummy" then
 127     e.kmons("1 = human zombie")
 128   elseif you.race() == "Naga" then
 129     e.kmons("1 = torpor snail")
 130   elseif you.race() == "Octopode" then
 131     e.kmons("1 = tentacled monstrosity")
 132   elseif you.race() == "Ogre" then
 133     e.kmons("1 = ettin skeleton")
 134   elseif you.race() == "Spriggan" then
 135     e.kmons("1 = unseen horror")
 136   elseif you.race() == "Tengu" then
 137     e.kmons("1 = caustic shrike")
 138   elseif you.race() == "Troll" then
 139     e.kmons("1 = hungry ghost")
 140   elseif you.race() == "Vampire" then
 141     e.kmons("1 = giant leech")
 142   elseif you.race() == "Vine Stalker" then
 143     e.kmons("1 = thorn hunter")
 144   else
 145     e.kmons("1 = spectral ugly thing")
 146   end
 147 end
 148 }}
I can't read this code real well - the summoned monster won't be able to attack because it's stuck behind something right.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

kalstrams posted:

Suggestions?

Edit:

Using Dagebea will increase the chance of meeting small green mystics who will help you learn your true potential.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Unhappy Meal posted:

I should probably stop doing this, and hitting Random Character at chargen if I ever want a win, but eh!

If you pick a Minotaur Axe Berserker you can do this and win.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Minotaur "anything but shortblades" berserker, really. All of the others can work fine with a minotaur. Personally I kind of like swinging a bardiche around too.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
M&F king weapon class, unless you are using allies a lot in which case use polearms

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
polearms are nice if you move quickly too - definitely a good centaur melee weapon

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I like Axes because I always end up getting incredibly tanky and then I can walk in to Vaults 5, press ab then hold down tab until it's clear. I'd have to press tab a lot more if I wasn't using an axe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gently caress, I accidentally clicked gateway Hell.

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

I can't read this code real well - the summoned monster won't be able to attack because it's stuck behind something right.

The species_mock function is for a different vault, I believe. This one brings the dead trees back to life and purifies the nearby water from green to blue once you choose to worship Hep.

Edit: Specifically, species_mock looks like it is for a vault that spawns a monster that is 'mockingly' similar to what your player species does: spawns an orb spider for Centaurs, a soldier ant for formicids, etc.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 1, 2016

• Locked thread