Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The patch-notes https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lozii-Pgpb77D4Vk1J1clM_UT0cWz35LQ3Zv3Kmf0ug/preview

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Thanks. Lost the link for it and couldn't find it again either.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

quote:

Ancestral Protector's damage has been increased at all gem levels. At gem level 1, it has been increased from 60% to 80% of your weapon damage. The damage at gem level 20 has been increased from 75.2% to 133.2% of your weapon damage.

Who did the bonktotem build in prophecy? It sounded like it worked pretty well, and with all these buffs I might be tempted to try it...

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

quote:

Increased the attack time of Whirling Blades by 18%. Its previous default attack time was 2.2 seconds. It is now 2.6 seconds.

RIP Mathils sanity

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Happened to check the thread at just the right time, that bonk totem person was me. It was pretty OK, with the usual caveats of totems plus them being melee.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kaballah/characters

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

TheRat posted:

RIP Mathils sanity

I'm not sure I like nerfing Whirling Blades instead of making the other movement skills better. I did three characters in Peraundus: non-crit trapper, dual-wield EQ and an archer. The first two I used whirling blades on, but the trapper would have been better served by using a sceptre and pre-nerf Leap Slam.

Ornedan fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 30, 2016

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Kudukuception?

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

This is a mistake and will flood Prophecy with 6 links.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Sotar posted:

This is a mistake and will flood Prophecy with 6 links.

How?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

rubbing fusings on kuduku increases their potency tenfold, and two kudukus will mean an exponential increase

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

There's a joke/meme/whathaveyou about rubbing your Jeweler's on Kuduku to increase the odds of getting a 6L.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

No changes to EQ, , suck it spark havers.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ice>Fire>Chaos trap build.

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAASRBQUlHQ...AhBQUFBQUE9PQAA

Not really sure what to get next past level 84. I'll be skipping chaos/fire passives till I have 2 daggers/pyre but just curious of what to spend points on now being relatively new still. Wondering whether to go +1 frenzy or passive for bandits too.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Tai posted:

Ice>Fire>Chaos trap build.

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAASRBQUlHQ...AhBQUFBQUE9PQAA

Not really sure what to get next past level 84. I'll be skipping chaos/fire passives till I have 2 daggers/pyre but just curious of what to spend points on now being relatively new still. Wondering whether to go +1 frenzy or passive for bandits too.

Bear in mind that Consuming Dark has been nerfed to only give 30% conversion each.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yup that's fine. Even 60% chaos damage is still pretty decent for Ice trap. Personally I think the big thing about traps was not worrying about reflect and just being able to be very mobile. I'd 1 shot everything and 2 shot yellows even if I 2 shot packs, it's still pretty good.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

man, GGG really don't want people using vaal spark as a primary ability. RIP vaal molten shell too I guess, kinda lame to nerf that imo. It was obscenely good (and has been since they added the increased duration nodes to the tree ages ago) but most of its power was gated behind a potentially super rare item. Honestly, I would have been fine with the damage being literally cut in half, but the duration too is just too much. 1/4th the previous effectiveness? That's a bit harsh...

panda clue fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 30, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

panda clue posted:

man, GGG really don't want people using vaal spark as a primary ability.

I dont think they want people using any vaal skill as a primary to be honest.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

Yeah, it really does seem that way. Any time people manage to work out a way to use almost nothing but a Vaal ability to clear, it gets completely dumpstered/broken. I'm not sure why they added poo poo like Chill of Corruption if they didn't want people to try to make builds around Vaal abilities, though.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

quote:

Please don't copy/paste the notes out of this document into a forum or reddit post until they're finished. We're trying very hard to not have half-finished copies of it going around as it'll continue to change over time until it's officially posted. In the meantime, enjoy the sneak peek!

First loving line on that page. :cripes:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Safari Disco Lion posted:

First loving line on that page. :cripes:

Pretty sure they mean "dont copy this page because its not complete". That doesnt mean that individual points arent interesting, even if they are subject to last minute changes.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
The subreddit took it to mean what it says because they've been nuking any thread that copy and pastes things directly out of it. I think it's meant to be a work in progress so they don't want anything quoted that might be wrong.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
I think they're mostly worried about things being posted on Reddit and having a bunch of children flip out over unfinished changes. Hopefully that isn't a thing that will happen on this forum.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
wrap it up boys, GGG said don't talk about the in-progress patch notes because they could be fake or something. time to talk about something else.

:ughh:

Level 8: Nemesis (Cost: 8 Chaos Orbs (down from 1 Exalted Orb), 50% more rare monsters, all rare monsters have Nemesis)

affordable headhunters for everyone!!

panda clue fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 30, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

TheRat posted:

I think their issue with VS in particular is that it covers an area that's like 5 screens wide with enough damage to kill pretty much anything. If they had a Vaal skill that was sustainable without being a ridiculously fast clear, they'd probably leave it alone (i.e. if someone actually used vaal spectral throw in a five or six link)

J
Jun 10, 2001

Don't copy that floppy!!!!!!

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

panda clue posted:

wrap it up boys, GGG said don't talk about the in-progress patch notes because they could be fake or something. time to talk about something else.

??? They're literally just talking about it without copy and pasting sections out of the thing. I don't care wtf you do.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

everytime you share or talk about the rough draft of the patch notes, an angel gets aids. don't do it ya'll

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Count Uvula posted:

I think their issue with VS in particular is that it covers an area that's like 5 screens wide with enough damage to kill pretty much anything. If they had a Vaal skill that was sustainable without being a ridiculously fast clear, they'd probably leave it alone (i.e. if someone actually used vaal spectral throw in a five or six link)
Which is contrary. Any vaal skill that somehow ends up sustainable will be fast clearing by requirement, no matter its inherent power level, simply because of the need to kill X dudes within the duration (whether 90+ for the expensive powerful duration ones like VS/VMS or 24 in one shot for the single shot ones like VFA/VST).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
If they want certain skills to be 100% situational in all builds that's kind of at odds with the whole 8 button UI etc.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

If they want certain skills to be 100% situational in all builds that's kind of at odds with the whole 8 button UI etc.

Chris keeps saying they're thinking about doubling the number of potential buttons by adding a second button-page via a modifier key, but I've yet to see anything official about it.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Well, there's another option other than scolds for coc discharge juggernauts now.

Also seems a reasonable 2-hander at high rolls.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 31, 2016

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

lurksion posted:

Well, there's another option other than scolds for coc discharge juggernauts now.

Also seems a reasonable 2-hander at high rolls.
The Demon's Souls references are leaking into other franchises now...

But yeah, this is probably even better for CoC Discharge than Trypanon. Maybe running a few CwDT attacks as well.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

But yeah, this is probably even better for CoC Discharge than Trypanon. Maybe running a few CwDT attacks as well.

I very seriously doubt that, considering the entire point of using Typanon is that you can literally ignore crit as a stat, which is pretty huge. That said, cool sword.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 31, 2016

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

10ex average?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

It doesn't seem THAT good to me because of the reduced duration. Just get two standard utility flasks of heat/warding. Maybe for some builds that really want as many other unique flasks as possible and only have room for one or two removal flasks, but I'd much rather have staunching covered than warding, so I'd only use it if I had at least two (freeze and bleed being the most dangerous imo).

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

panda clue posted:

I very seriously doubt that, considering the entire point of using Typanon is that you can literally ignore crit as a stat, which is pretty huge. That said, cool sword.
I meant for a Discharge Juggernaut specifically, as it would have trouble generating endurance charges against bosses without some form of self-damage. But crit is really hard to come by from the Marauder start, so it's probably a horrible idea to begin with. Maybe a pure CwDT build with this would be better, just using attacks for self-damage. Fake-Fakener?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

I meant for a Discharge Juggernaut specifically, as it would have trouble generating endurance charges against bosses without some form of self-damage.

reflect, including the sword's reflect, is never counted as a 'self-hit'. this has been confirmed by GGG. It still works for cwdt purposes, but not for on-hit effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666751

Challenges are up. There are some interesting ones.

• Locked thread