Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

One little Junkrat detail I like is that he throws mines with his left hand and shoots grenades with his right, meaning you can do both simultaneously. Throw and detonate a mine while hitting them with a grenade for a near-instant 240 damage (which also launches them away in case they're a tank or something goes wrong).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQtgCMG6Eug

Reinhardt is amazing and I was bored so I made a thing

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
streaming in-houses from my perspective

http://www.hitbox.tv/Countblanc

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Triarii posted:

One little Junkrat detail I like is that he throws mines with his left hand and shoots grenades with his right, meaning you can do both simultaneously. Throw and detonate a mine while hitting them with a grenade for a near-instant 240 damage (which also launches them away in case they're a tank or something goes wrong).

Yeah, his concussion mine is great for finishing off weak enemies. I've really been enjoying Junkrat.

I just need to get better at using his ultimate. I didn't realize it could climb walls...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bust Rodd posted:

What is "on Fire" and how do i do it?

Play the objectiveTM

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Man I like Zenyatta but he is bad. How am I supposed to actively support my team and throw out orbs when I am slow as molasses and dies from a single widowmaker/hanzo shot?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Man I like Zenyatta but he is bad. How am I supposed to actively support my team and throw out orbs when I am slow as molasses and dies from a single widowmaker/hanzo shot?

by picking lucio

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Pomp posted:

by picking lucio

I want to be monk robot tho

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Elysiume posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXWN_4y7WI
Did this get posted? tl;dw: Hanzo has insane hitboxes for headshots, including Torbjörn's extending 1' over his head, and Widowmaker and Tracer having head hitboxes wider than their shoulders.

e: missed an 'l'

Check out part 2 as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-xSKAsRxHE

It's not just Hanzo, for everybody who complains about him. All projectile weapons use the same hitbox, except Lucio who appears to have a slightly larger projectile. Hanzo just does more damage, so you feel it more. He doesn't cover it, but I wonder if Widowmaker's is smaller because she has zoom or because she has a hitscan weapon. He doesn't look at other hitscan heroes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Solumin posted:

Yeah, his concussion mine is great for finishing off weak enemies. I've really been enjoying Junkrat.

I just need to get better at using his ultimate. I didn't realize it could climb walls...

I almost never use the mine as an actual mine on the ground. It just works way too well being thrown in someone's face and then detonated

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I want to be monk robot tho

I'm sorry for your teams loss

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Zen's not a medic but more like a sniper who can heal.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Manatee Cannon posted:

don't play zenyatta as a healer. discord people at mid range and shoot them. you can kill 200 health heroes in like 2 headshots when they're discorded.

ha ha ha. yeah, Zenyatta isn't so bad, you just have to headshot them twice before they body shot you once. ha ha ha.

ha ha ha ha.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I almost never use the mine as an actual mine on the ground. It just works way too well being thrown in someone's face and then detonated

Set one up with your trap when defending. Then when you get the trap trigger notice, just detonate and most light characters are blown to bits. Especially nice on entrances to areas with health kits. If you gotta lob a bomb before the trap ever goes off that's fine, but the combo is a free kill often enough that there's no reason not to at least set it up.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Macaluso posted:

If I'm defending it's steel trap + mine on top in a side hallway every time..Wait until you see/hear it triggered out of the corner of your eye, right click. Boom. No more flanker.

Yeah it gets destroyed sometimes but you'll catch people more often than not.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
first inhouse game was sloppy to set up but ultimately successful! more starting in 10 minutes, if you want to play join this discord!

https://discord.gg/012lgy1fB3hWyYmeP

i won't spam this thread after today but I wanted to get word out and things are messy rn

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I wish the AI bots would wiggle around some, so it was worth practicing your aim on them. Sometimes you want to click heads for a while without worrying about picking an appropriate hero for a real game, you know?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Set one up with your trap when defending. Then when you get the trap trigger notice, just detonate and most light characters are blown to bits. Especially nice on entrances to areas with health kits. If you gotta lob a bomb before the trap ever goes off that's fine, but the combo is a free kill often enough that there's no reason not to at least set it up.

This is exactly what I do, except I like to tuck my mine somewhere near the spawn doors. The radius is large enough that on some maps (e.g. Highway 66) you can put the mine at the top of the door and hit people as they walk out. Not as reliable as placing it in a side hallway though.

Zorodius posted:

I wish the AI bots would wiggle around some, so it was worth practicing your aim on them. Sometimes you want to click heads for a while without worrying about picking an appropriate hero for a real game, you know?

Matchmaking is coming in a few weeks, and after that Quick Play will be a nice place to mess around and practice.

Honestly, if I feel a match is going really poorly and there's nothing I can do to salvage it, I'll just treat it as a practice session. You never know, maybe I'll do something useful and it'll turn the match around!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Demands from Blizzard forums: Nerf Roadhog, Nerf Mei, Buff Genji, Buff Pharah (because she doesn't do enough damage and isn't mobile enough :psypop:, Buff Symmetra.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Buff Symmetra.

yeah

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Torb talk: I see a lot of people babysitting their turrets with the hammer, but that's the exact wrong way to play him. You can't really heal enough damage to sustain the turret under focused fire, and the cool down on your turret is so short that it's a waste of time anyway because you can probably plop another one out if it goes down. In fact, it's a good idea to keep moving your turrets around to keep the enemy team off balance.

Pretty much the only time you want to be repairing your turret is when you have a lvl 2 covering a choke point, and even then you're better off doing your own thing and checking on it periodically - the turret has a fair amount of life at lvl 2 and it can mostly take care of itself.

Torb's gun is actually pretty strong, particularly if you can get close enough to use the alt fire shotgun, and with an armor pack he's reasonably tanky. One strategy I like is to drop a turret as a distraction and then close in. Most people think the turret is the threat and focus on it, and then by the time they shift back I'm close enough to wreck their poo poo with my shotgun.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

My friend and I found we can combine our sprays for a devastating combo:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Macaluso posted:

One of my favorite moments so far was tossing the mine straight up at an ulting Pharah for the kill.

It's like a reverse clay pigeon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
brennon is streaming matches from a spectator PoV (supposedly)

https://www.twitch.tv/brennonm

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Demands from Blizzard forums: Nerf Roadhog, Nerf Mei, Buff Genji, Buff Pharah (because she doesn't do enough damage and isn't mobile enough :psypop:, Buff Symmetra.
That's cute. The actual nerfs that are needed seem pretty obvious- Nerf Widow, nerf McCree (and tracer if the nerf affects that counter). Genji's combo and ult canceling probably needs to be addressed too.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My friend and I found we can combine our sprays for a devastating combo:

This is fucken bad rear end

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm not exactly understanding how Zenyatta's orb lock-on works. So if they've got the targeting reticle around them, do my attacks home in on them? I know my Discord will always hit them but I seem to never be able to get good shots off with my regular attacks.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Get rid of WM's gun, put all her damage on the mine, reduce the cooldown of both abilities so I can play Needlessly Sexy Batwoman.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Please no.

Dear god no.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The only thing the Discord orb does is increase damage taken. It doesn't provide any sort of auto-aim.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

Dear god no.

Yeah the guy thought Genji's base melee attack should do more and everyone's just like "dude.... right click."

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I'm not exactly understanding how Zenyatta's orb lock-on works. So if they've got the targeting reticle around them, do my attacks home in on them? I know my Discord will always hit them but I seem to never be able to get good shots off with my regular attacks.

There's no "lock on" with his attacks

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Tequila Sunrise posted:

There's no lock-on and there's no targeting reticle for his regular attacks. What you're probably seeing is the prompt to use his orb of discord.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

So should I get this for PC, Bone or PS4? Using mouse and keyboard either way (ximlord)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah the guy thought Genji's base melee attack should do more and everyone's just like "dude.... right click."

I was basing my comment of personal hatred of the character but yes just right click/left trigger. Dude already has a good melee attack and it goes pretty far.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Why is Skirmish mode even in the game? It's actively worse than just letting me open boxes and browse skins

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Call of Cholula posted:

So should I get this for PC, Bone or PS4? Using mouse and keyboard either way (ximlord)

Depends on how much of a smug sense of self-satisfaction you need.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Why is Skirmish mode even in the game? It's actively worse than just letting me open boxes and browse skins

There's an option to turn off skirmishes in Options > Gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Pakled posted:

There's no lock-on and there's no targeting reticle for his regular attacks. What you're probably seeing is the prompt to use his orb of discord.

Well no poo poo. I thought his orbs had tracking outside of his Discore/Harmony orbs. Maybe that's why I'm so poo poo with him.

Do his orbs has perfect accuracy like Genji's stars do?