Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Zombies' Downfall posted:

If neither her hairstyle nor helm are available, it kind of suggests that her head might be a unique model that you can't really duplicate in the creator, which would also explain why it's not on that page.

Her helmet is available, just cut.

Other than that, yes she is a unique model.

You can't even have her hair color without hacking. Even if you do hack it in, one of the only ways the game was changed from DS1 means it won't show online because From decided to do something extremely stupid from a computing perspective.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

Necc0 posted:

Alright this has happened enough now that I have to ask: is there some 'thing' where hosts and invaders can communicate that they're in on killing summoned phantoms? Several times now I've been summoned in to help someone and about halfway through the level they'll get invaded. I'll fight on the assumption that my host will take opportunities that I open up and after acting like they intend to fight they just sit there and let me get killed once I dedicate. The most recent time this happened the host and invader even started clapping at each other once I was killed.

What the gently caress, guys :saddowns: I'm just trying to help

The host is probably someone invades as well, and has gotten sick of gankers.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

If neither her hairstyle nor helm are available, it kind of suggests that her head might be a unique model that you can't really duplicate in the creator, which would also explain why it's not on that page.

As I've seen some others suggest, the hair is likely part of her helm model, but the face is likely a standard slider-produced face. It was the same with Ciaran is DS1. If you removed her helm, she was bald, but her face was a standard face.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Something about the character creator is just weird compared to dark souls 2's and I can't put my finger on it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the character creators have been weird since demon's souls

this game's colors seem off tho and it's easy to give your dude a weird sickly sheen to their face or a gross hair color

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Moly B. Denum posted:

The host is probably someone invades as well, and has gotten sick of gankers.

Ayup, if it's just a single invader. I let them and the sentinel work it out. I'll just patches squat nearby to watch and intervene to take out any NPC enemies that get in the way. I roll around with the dried finger though, so combined with Way of Blue, I'm constantly rolling in 2 Vs 2 scenarios. It's super fun. I feel a bit bad that invaders can hit each other, but I have no friendly fire with the sentinel, perhaps I should start using mad phantoms instead? I'd have to make sure we were on the same page ahead of time though. However, I like helping the sentinels get their summons and consequently concords... decisions, decisions.

Speaking of said dried finger PvP, I'd like to give a shout out to Ricky Spanish of the Catacombs of Carthus. RIP Ricky, I admire your tenacity, but not your shockingly low investment in vigor. Died in 3 moonlight greatsword R1s (should've been able to roll out after the second, why he didn't, I don't know)... repeatedly, about 5 times I think. He kept invading and he kept getting me. And then dying.

I also somehow got the same exact sentinel called in for one set of 2 invaders in the catacombs, whom we dispatched, and then again a few minutes later when I got invaded again. From's matchmaking moves in mysterious ways.

I also learned something from this chance encounter with that sentinel: 1 caster is somewhat at a disadvantage against a smart opponent. TWO casters is a hideous unstoppable wrecking ball with even the slightest bit of coordination. Staggered spells are basically undodgable.

Edit:

Tallgeese posted:

Her helmet is available, just cut.

Other than that, yes she is a unique model.

You can't even have her hair color without hacking. Even if you do hack it in, one of the only ways the game was changed from DS1 means it won't show online because From decided to do something extremely stupid from a computing perspective.

Aww, completely unique model? I'm nowhere near good enough with the character creator to do an approximation. I guess I'll have to wait until someone else on the internet works out a "close enough" version.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats not a downside?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

So should I go 35 attunment, 40 endurance, or 60 int on my sorcerer? I'm mainly doing pvp at this point.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Happy Hedonist posted:

So should I go 35 attunment, 40 endurance, or 60 int on my sorcerer? I'm mainly doing pvp at this point.

Int.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Okay. I have 5 point to spend and then I'm 120 and finished with the build.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Digirat posted:

They also copied the blue sentinels/way of blue, and not only did they leave the implementation just as bad as in DS2, they broke the matchmaking. Progress!

Of the three multiplayer aspects of the Blue Sentinels to bring over they picked the least functional one. At least with 2 they understood that as cool as the auto-summon idea was it would never work as the sole means of pvp for the covenant.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 31, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who do I have to kill for catacombs based ratbros.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If they can't figure out/fix what causes the problem with bluebros they should give you a concord either if you defeat an invader while summoned or when you beat the boss as a summon. Having to spend 20 hours farming the loving silver knights at AL is just stupid.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SynthOrange posted:

Miyazaki

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
how do you deal with the second giant in the cathedral? i trapped the one, but the second (leading up the the prayer area) just throws poo at me and my chances of rolling past are slim

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

I really miss rat and bell bros type covenants, although I guess Aldritch Faithful and Wolves of Farron are close the latter without being as stupidly awesome (and not in optional areas, either).

I also really miss Covenant of Champions - I really like Challenge Mode: The Covenant, although DS3 did make it less necessary by not making enemies despawn.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I've been having a lot of fun with the Cathedral Knight Greatsword, its two-handed moveset is pretty quick for an ultra-greatsword and it does decent damage! It's also just fun running around with a big honking sword.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
finally hitting NG+, anything to do other than the usual checklist of kill all your friends and take their poo poo? i've bought all the armour i want, stocked up on chunks, and searched out all the estus boosters.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Relin posted:

how do you deal with the second giant in the cathedral? i trapped the one, but the second (leading up the the prayer area) just throws poo at me and my chances of rolling past are slim

actually rolling past is 100% the easiest way to deal with it. start on the left side (closest to the next level of the balcony) and just roll roll roll through the muck to the stairs. alternately, if you clear out all the slimes first and then just roll between his feet, you can ankle stab him and kill him and there's a .01% chance any of his attacks will actually hit you.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah sticking to the ankles means you'll never get hit, the giant squashes all the slimes, then you collect the loot.

I also noticed the first giant is mourning over a dead body where you loot a maiden outfit from. :haw: FASHION SOULS

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Relin posted:

Don't be a coward, chop at their ankles till the keel over! They're pitifully easy to dodge, even with the forced fat roll gunk. The slimes next to the second one make it mildly dangerous, but the giant itself can hit them at least so if you dodge around, it clears them out eventually. It's worth it, they give you a large titanite shard each, which are rare at that point in the game.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

Xenothral posted:

I've been having a lot of fun with the Cathedral Knight Greatsword, its two-handed moveset is pretty quick for an ultra-greatsword and it does decent damage! It's also just fun running around with a big honking sword.

I love the Cathedral Knight's set and Greatsword, but I swear you need to be The Mountain to equip all of the set items. It's not Smough level, but christ.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Syllables posted:

I love the Cathedral Knight's set and Greatsword, but I swear you need to be The Mountain to equip all of the set items. It's not Smough level, but christ.

Yeah all of their stuff is REALLY heavy which is a shame because it looks really good! I just use the sword and some other lighter armour. Their huge mace is pretty rad, too.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you have any sort of bleed weapon, or just Carthus Rouge, then giants are super susceptible to being bled.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Frog Act posted:

Also after I beat DS1 should I skip 2 and go straight to 3 or buy scholar of the first sin, people seem to really think 2 is bad

DS2 fans are mentally unwell and DS3 is underwhelming. After DS1 play Bloodborne and then sit down and wait for death

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

What is the grand secret to killing Aldrich, I've hit a wall w/ him and died approx. 300 times. I haven't gotten him below 3/5 of his health bar or so. Summoned dudes are of no help

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Try stab his butt. Also keep an eye on his main body and stay away from where it's aiming.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

What is the grand secret to killing Aldrich, I've hit a wall w/ him and died approx. 300 times. I haven't gotten him below 3/5 of his health bar or so. Summoned dudes are of no help

Haul rear end to get close to him after he teleports. I've only died to his ranged bullshit as his close up stuff is way easier to deal with.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Xenothral posted:

Yeah all of their stuff is REALLY heavy which is a shame because it looks really good! I just use the sword and some other lighter armour. Their huge mace is pretty rad, too.

I envy their rad exploding light orbs buff. Why wasn't that a miracle, From? or a weapon art? Anything at all?

I think 'trap' style spells are fun. I miss the delayed fireball from DS2. There isn't really anything like it for any of the magic categories in DS3, but they'd all benefit from having a variant of it.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Obligatum VII posted:

I envy their rad exploding light orbs buff. Why wasn't that a miracle, From? or a weapon art? Anything at all?

I think 'trap' style spells are fun. I miss the delayed fireball from DS2. There isn't really anything like it for any of the magic categories in DS3, but they'd all benefit from having a variant of it.

Yeah I think those little bomb things they leave every time they hit the ground are some of the neatest things coming out of a blessed weapon honestly. If nothing else it could have been a neat special weapon art that the mace had or something.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Basic Chunnel posted:

i had the same issue and the best strat is basically to be touching him at all times and hope the AI decides to throw you a bone

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yea that seems the wisest course of action. If it weren't for that goddamned camera - half the time I can't see the tells for his attacks. Hopefully I'll get there.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
also summons are profoundly useless for him and are not worth the health increase, unless it's someone who can burst damage like crazy

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Million Ghosts posted:

also summons are profoundly useless for him and are not worth the health increase, unless it's someone who can burst damage like crazy

Depends, if they're smart, you each cover opposite sides of the room and can reach him after every teleport before he can fire off any ranged attacks. Me and a buddy kept him completely locked down like that. He never did anything but 1 or 2 melee attacks before running away. Rinse, repeat.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
oh well yeah if it's goons or irl pals you can work out a killer strat but i'm talking random fuckers scraped up off the floor

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

this game's colors seem off tho and it's easy to give your dude a weird sickly sheen to their face or a gross hair color

I haven't had too much trouble with either of those though I've only made 2 chars. Black and/or Blonde hair might be easier to make than something else tho,

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Relin posted:

Use a fire weapon, it'll help against the slimes hanging around on the floor next to him. Then hack away at his ankles until he dies.

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

hard counter posted:

I haven't had too much trouble with either of those though I've only made 2 chars. Black and/or Blonde hair might be easier to make than something else tho,

You just can't have bright hair colors. 255, 255, 255 should be completely white, but in the game it's a very dark gray. So no white, gray, bright blonde, or neon hair.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's because the game's entire colour palette is grey and grey variations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Sakurazuka posted:

That's because the game's entire colour palette is grei and grei variations