Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

9/10 the ones stealing the memorial are bored local teens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

What do you think the lifespan is on a guy setting up a big rear end machine gun that's pointed at a bunch of feds

Depends entirely on how old he is.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

About as long as it'd take the SWAT or HRT sniper to finish his coffee.

Are we including a bite of the krueller? This factors into the Predict-It market..

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I wonder what the repercussions are for someone with a special FFL for a big fuckoff gun and then you get it stolen by some two bit hick

Might lose his FFL license

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Al! posted:

9/10 the ones stealing the memorial are bored local teens literal heros.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

I have a friend who is an arms dealer with the FFL that lets you sell virtually anything. He was looking for a rental place to store some literal artillery and mentioned some pretty strict requirements for building security and access control and stuff. There's definitely an onus on the merchant to do basic due diligence, probably as a hedge against "oops it looks like those ma deuces i was waiting to sell to a collector were 'stolen' and somehow ended up in the hands of my militia buddies."

I'm pretty sure you can't own a boat with a FFL, since most guns are lost in "boating accidents".

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Al! posted:

9/10 the ones stealing the memorial are bored local teens park crews clearing out nut-attracting garbage.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I feel like many of you are discounting the enterprising spirit of bored teens

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Epic High Five posted:

What do you think the lifespan is on a guy setting up a big rear end machine gun that's pointed at a bunch of feds

Is the guy in this scenario white?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Geoj posted:

Is the guy in this scenario white?

He shows up white on FLIR.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Otisburg posted:

When I put garbage on public land, it eventually gets picked up, too. They should be glad they weren't charged with littering.

Have we noticed a pattern yet? Fort Retard Ranch was full of litter and garbage everywhere, along with poo poo. The memorial site of Saint Finicum was sprawled out garbage and junk. Te gofundme award they made is a pile of random junk painted bronze....Everything these people touch, including the constitution, gets trashed or made from trash

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Someone's going to hosed in the rear end federal prison for a long goddamned time.
C'mon man, you're supposed to know better than that...though given the choices, this is likely why he could never own it legally. This is just stupid stacked on stupid with a side of retarded.

I wonder how many of these "reporters" watched Full Metal Jacket and decided being an embedded reporter means they can aid and take part instead of remaining neutral

red19fire
May 26, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

Someone's going to hosed in the rear end federal prison for a long goddamned time.
C'mon man, you're supposed to know better than that...though given the choices, this is likely why he could never own it legally. This is just stupid stacked on stupid with a side of retarded.

I wonder how many of these "reporters" watched Full Metal Jacket and decided being an embedded reporter means they can aid and take part instead of remaining neutral

I wonder that too. It must be that overdeveloped sovcit part of the brain that contorts 'I Post Freedom Memes On Facebook' into 'I'm a journalist and cannot be arrested for any reason. DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY :fsmug:'

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

univbee posted:

He shows up white on FLIR.

... so you're saying he's hot?

Can I have his number?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Nooo! Swipe left thread, swipe left!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He's white yeah. Did anybody darker than lily white actually spend more than an hour at Malheur who wasn't part of the press?

But likely fat and older, with lots of white supremacist tattoos.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

He's white yeah. Did anybody darker than lily white actually spend more than an hour at Malheur who wasn't part of the press?

But likely fat and older, with lots of white supremacist tattoos.

Yes. There was a weird African American guy watching the gates. This was shown on a livestream.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Yes. There was a weird African American guy watching the gates. This was shown on a livestream.

they were probably going for something like this

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lord of Pie posted:

they were probably going for something like this

What was he context of this. I only watch south park once every four years

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alan Smithee posted:

What was he context of this. I only watch south park once every four years

Operation "get behind the darkies" in the great american-canadian war of 1999

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Was the idea the Canadians wouldn't shoot blacks for some reason

I didn't see the movie either

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Was the idea the Canadians wouldn't shoot blacks for some reason

I didn't see the movie either

no, just that black people were expendable soldiers meant to take bullets so more important assets like equipment and whites didn't have to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnEBSwdAXw

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Truly stunning social commentary as always.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Bombadilillo posted:

it was before they evolved to their very nuanced "maybe 'both sides' are wrong when you think about it" approach.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Bombadilillo posted:

"Black people face discrimination" is a far cry from their later message of "actually discrimination doesn't real".

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
👷🏾 havent you heard of the emancipation proclamation?
👮🏻 i dont listen to hip hop

of course they got it backwards, it was a farce when i was a kid, now im waiting for the tragedy to drop when trump says it for serious

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I feel bad for the SP derail

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/05/lavoy_finicums_9_mm_handgun_am.html

quote:

LaVoy Finicum's 9 mm handgun among 14 firearms subject to forfeiture
The federal government is seeking the forfeiture of 14 guns and assorted ammunition seized from the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and during arrests after the 41-day armed takeover, according to court papers.

Included in the count: three guns confiscated from Robert "LaVoy" Finicum's white truck, a 9 mm pistol found on Finicum after state police fatally shot him and a .40-caliber pistol from Ammon Bundy when he was arrested.

The FBI and state police moved in on Jan. 26 to arrest the occupation leaders as they drove to a community meeting in John Day. The agents seized 14 rounds of .40-caliber ammunition from Ryan Payne and found a Taurus revolver on the rear passenger floorboard of Finicum's truck and two rifles from the truck's back seat.

Agents also seized a vest full of ammunition that a couple had found on the road leading from the west side of the federal bird sanctuary.

The FBI had stopped the couple at a checkpoint outside the refuge on Jan. 27 and discovered the vest on the back seat of their car. The driver, a Harney County resident who lived between FBI checkpoints, told the agents that he had spotted it in the road, and they believed him. The vest held 10 magazines of ammunition containing 206 rounds for a .223-caliber rifle, plus two magazines containing 23 live .40-caliber rounds for a pistol.

Federal authorities also seized a gun and ammunition from Duane Ehmer's red 1997 Chevy Tahoe. Ehmer was arrested while leaving the refuge Jan. 27. He was driving the Tahoe, pulling a white horse trailer. In the SUV, FBI agents found and confiscated: a .45-caliber rifle, 12 .45-caliber rounds of ammunition, 11 shotgun shells and other ammunition, according to court records. In the horse trailer, they found 35 rounds of .45-caliber Colt ammunition.

On Jan. 28, members of the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team seized other abandoned weapons and ammunition from a "medical trailer'' set up at the Narrows RV Park -- two loaded pistols, four rifles, a shotgun and more than 58 rounds of ammunition, the records show.

Jake Ryan, now a defendant in the federal conspiracy case, told authorities that he had placed some of those weapons in the trailer at the Narrows park for safe-keeping, according to FBI Special Agent Katherine Armstrong.

The owner of the Narrows RV Park told agents that a woman had been living in the medical trailer. The woman gave FBI Hostage Rescue Team Unit Chief Timothy Swanson consent to search the trailer, Armstrong wrote in a court affidavit.

In buildings at the refuge, agents found a .45-caliber single shot Derringer and two 7.62 bullet casings.

Federal prosecutors intend to argue that defendants in the conspiracy case brought all the guns and ammunition to the refuge to prevent, intimidate and threaten federal officers from doing their jobs there.

Defendants have argued that they had the firearms for their own defense. Twenty-five defendants face conspiracy charges in the refuge takeover. A trial is set for Sept. 7. A 26th defendant pleaded guilty to the charge.

Shame they couldnt sell his gun like the Zim Zam gun

quote:

Princess Summerfall Winterspring
9 hours ago

They should raffle off the opportunity to melt the armor down and make the metal into birdhouse poles.

:drat:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
In an ironic twist, LaVoy's tarp and handguns will be added to the collection of Indian artifacts displayed at the site

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

id love to own the gun that failed to fire the shot that wouldnt be heard around the world

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Mr. Pumroy posted:

id love to own the gun that failed to fire the shot that wouldnt be heard around the world

We should put it in a crossdraw holster and give it to all enemies of the state

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

SocketWrench posted:

I hope that isn't the case because they might have missed the first half of the movie where the combat journalist was going through boot camp and was, in fact, a Marine. This making him a combatant even if he was dragging around a camera. I'd like to believe these self proclaimed journalists aren't inspired by that movie because it's a very poor source for how to do things right.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Look at everything else they did. Would it really be that doubtful they got their info from Hollywood movies like FMJ and Red Dawn? I half imagine them sitting in their "bomb shelter" (basement) ala Dale Gribble, drinking beer and watching those movies on tv. Every now and then they either cheer or grunt out "Fuckin' commies" between belches

Somehow I'm kinda surprised they had so little ammo there. I kinda expected ammo tins full and not a box of pistol bullets here and there. Course given their brain power when it came to anything else preparation wise it lines up. People couldn't even dig a damned latrine

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Raku posted:

In an ironic twist, LaVoy's tarp and handguns will be added to the collection of Indian artifacts displayed at the site

A small exhibit of artifacts from the occupation would actually be quite interesting, dildo shrine jokes aside.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

Somehow I'm kinda surprised they had so little ammo there. I kinda expected ammo tins full and not a box of pistol bullets here and there. Course given their brain power when it came to anything else preparation wise it lines up. People couldn't even dig a damned latrine

Read the synopsis of tarpman's self published book. These people are convinced that they're all expert marksmen, based entirely on shooting beer cans on their respective ranches. They seriously believe that they would be one-shot-one-kill Badasses when push comes to shove. Excess ammo would just slow down their sweet Neo moves :hellyeah:

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Look at everything else they did. Would it really be that doubtful they got their info from Hollywood movies like FMJ and Red Dawn? I half imagine them sitting in their "bomb shelter" (basement) ala Dale Gribble, drinking beer and watching those movies on tv. Every now and then they either cheer or grunt out "Fuckin' commies" between belches

I suspect they exist in an insulated bubble of likeminded folks. Certain that an army would rise from the silent majority, so confident they had popular backing that all evidence to the contrary had to be a conspiracy and so sure that a new golden age for Harney County was just one bird refuge away. It's a romanticized version of society that has probably never existed; a nostalgic fever dream of the 1950s which is as real to them as Actionman on TV.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Keep in mind that there was a full 12-18 hour (or so) bug out period after Ammon got pinched. If you brought a crate of ammo (or someone arrested had one there), you'll probably take it with you when you left. The low number of reloads brought with the "convoy" was just their being lazy and not expecting anything as they were going to see a sympathetic sheriff/ally.

They didn't have to dig latrines, since the refuge toilet worked for a while. When the holdouts went full-on "camp finnicum" they dug a pit with the backhoe--reports of holes full of poo poo were in the first summary reports when control was secured.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

Don you know what OBAMA* did to ammo prices and avaialbility?

*idiots scared of Obama taking there guns so they hoarded ammo made a run on the product scaring themselves even more and Obummer still didnt tuk der gooons.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

One of the interesting ironies of Obama is how good he has been for the gun industries bottom line

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Goodpancakes posted:

One of the interesting ironies of Obama is how good he has been for the gun industries bottom line

He not only dared to be a black democrat, but he even to question the MoreGun religion after a few measly child massacres. The fought back the only way they know how: giving even more money to their authority figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Goodpancakes posted:

The great irony of gun companies is that they are both rooting for and terrified of any political figure who wants gun control. Presidents advocating for it drives their sales through the roof, though there are obviously issues if they were to get serious measures passed.