Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Thanks!

Weird that it's in Polish. Guess I'll accept it and hope the entire quest isn't in the wrong localisation.

What's weird is that it's not just in Polish, it's in DEBUG, which is the note that the quest designer writes before it goes off to story to be rewritten in Polish, then localized to English. I'm assuming you are playing in English?

Anyone else here having this bug? The notice should appear on the noticeboard near Gran'Place in the city.

Very strange bug, I may be sending you some questions so we can figure it out for the patch, do you have PMs?

It's a cute quest though, I hope you enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Holy mother loving alchemy build is insanely good with mutagens now. The mutagen that increases your attack power according to your toxicity level has me hitting for over 8000 damage a pop it takes massive chunks out of any enemy.

Does that one count decoctions? I know some effects consider them to be "reserved" toxicity and not real toxicity.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

One thing I really like about the DLCs is that I'm back to wielding proper named swords instead of Mastercrafted X Sword. Iris for humans and MOTHER loving AERONDEIGHT for monsters (HoS spoiler for the first, BaW for the second)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It would have probably been a better idea to release the patch a week before the expansion or something.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hey Palpek, what's this say?

Just found it on a notice board.

This is what it should say:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

one of my quests is glitched out bleh, there is supposed to be an portal and there isn't, there's just a hand thing when i see witcher vision

its the underwater entrance to the lab part in turn and face the strange

I think its because i opened yen's map when i was in Velen instead of being in the dlc place

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

This is what it should say:

you should feel ashamed by the way

it's 2016

I chuckled at it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So basically it's not a bad idea to wait for a patch, right?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

SirSamVimes posted:

you should feel ashamed by the way

it's 2016

I chuckled at it.

There's a joke in this expansion that references Mutual of Omaha's "Wild Kingdom", so a Leeroy Jenkins gag is positively contemporary.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Megazver posted:

So basically it's not a bad idea to wait for a patch, right?

I haven't had a single bug so :shrug:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

This is the longest day at work ever :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Toussaint sure is pretty :kiddo:

The bandits facing off against the knights in that little village reminded me just how much I love these games. :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So far I'd say that Hearts of Stone was a better single questline, but there's so MUCH of Blood and Wine and it makes me very happy.

I think we can officially declare Witcher 3 a Perfect Game.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I am level 26 and I still haven't found an enhanced swallow formula. Is there a place it is guaranteed to be?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If I haven't finished witcher 3 when is a good time to do the DLC? I wanna get back into the game fully and buy the season pass along with it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

What's weird is that it's not just in Polish, it's in DEBUG, which is the note that the quest designer writes before it goes off to story to be rewritten in Polish, then localized to English. I'm assuming you are playing in English?

Anyone else here having this bug? The notice should appear on the noticeboard near Gran'Place in the city.

Very strange bug, I may be sending you some questions so we can figure it out for the patch, do you have PMs?

It's a cute quest though, I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah I have PMs, I'd be happy to answer any more questions. The notice to the right of the one highlighted also had the same thing, but the rest of them were fine.

Man Whore posted:

I am level 26 and I still haven't found an enhanced swallow formula. Is there a place it is guaranteed to be?

Alchemist in Beauclair seems to have all the recipes for sale.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 31, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If I haven't finished witcher 3 when is a good time to do the DLC? I wanna get back into the game fully and buy the season pass along with it.

post main quest apparantly

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I ran into a continuity error in the dlc. Geralt discusses the ending events of the vanilla game even though I haven't even unlocked kaer mohren yet.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Oh my god I was just led into a monster-killing intervention. I love this game. :allears:

#notallmonsters

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 31, 2016

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

I ran into a continuity error in the dlc. Geralt discusses the ending events of the vanilla game even though I haven't even unlocked kaer mohren yet.

This is postgame content canonically fyi. I think? Hearts of Stone could be whenever ( haven't touched it yet so who knows ), but this is meant to be an end to Geralts tale.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rookersh posted:

This is postgame content canonically fyi. I think? Hearts of Stone could be whenever ( haven't touched it yet so who knows ), but this is meant to be an end to Geralts tale.

Hearts of Stone is in the middle because One of the wishes you can ask for is to make Grimm tell you how to get the good ending.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I've finished both Hearts of Stone and the main game. Main game wise, I've finished ALL the contracts and all the sidequests.

My question is, where can I find a troll to kill so I can get a troll mutagen for my troll decoration? I swear trolls seem to just be limited to quests and I had hope with the changes the patch made I might finally get a troll mutagen?

Vague location spoilers for Blood and Wine also accepted.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Snuffman posted:

I've finished both Hearts of Stone and the main game. Main game wise, I've finished ALL the contracts and all the sidequests.

My question is, where can I find a troll to kill so I can get a troll mutagen for my troll decoration? I swear trolls seem to just be limited to quests and I had hope with the changes the patch made I might finally get a troll mutagen?

If you're on PC just use the console. It's kinda bullshit.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Snuffman posted:

I swear by the heron, the troll decoction is quite useless on deathmarch. It's nice that you regenerate outside of combat, but in, you barely tick (do you at all?). It would make sense if it helped you early in the game, but at the point where you can get it, you find so much food that it's irrelavant.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Snuffman posted:

Have you been to the hostile troll's cave at Kaer Morhen?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There are trolls that are hostile right off the bat. I think they can drop the mutagen, I didn't kill any trolls you can talk to but ended up being able to make the decoction. The succubus and doppler ones were the only ones I was locked out of.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I did the Missing Miners quest, talked the troll down and he went hostile and attacked me anyway after the dialog was over. That's how I got my mutagen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I weep for people who busted into that one cave and attacked the 3 trolls with a farting problem before listening to the entire dialogue.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
There are a couple of "rabid trolls" in Tousaint too, though I forget exactly where they are.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Snuffman posted:

There's a respawning one in south-east Velen, near Crossroads marker. There's a bridge with bandits under it on first visit to it, but a troll on subsequent visits. Farmed it for livers, not sure it drops the mutagen though, it's pretty low-level.

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 31, 2016

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Running into a bug with the race portion of the tournament. As soon as the segment starts, controls are frozen. Can't move or get off the horse, though I can still move the camera and cast signs. Going back to earlier saves doesn't work either. Anyone know a workaround? On PS4 if that matters.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Horse racing may be broken in general.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups
Must ... play ... 19 rounds of qwent ... before meeting that guy in the graveyard.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I haven't started toussaint yet but I am checking my bugged stuff hoping some are fixed. The sword and perfidy one isn't, but the wolven armor schematics at the kaer morhen tower are! Sorry if someone else mentioned this.

If you are on ps4 and couldn't get the first schematics because of a bugged chest, you should go back and get them. There's a great little addition that makes me sure it will be there for you.

For those who didn't get stuck, a spoiler of the addition: they reloaded the chest and added a skeleton in front of it with a lv 17 silver sword named Pang of Conscience with good bonuses, and a Letter of Apology :kimchi:

Edit: I tried the crows perch horse races and they seem fine, except roach wants to hit the brakes when you reach a bridge

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

skoolmunkee posted:

Edit: I tried the crows perch horse races and they seem fine, except roach wants to hit the brakes when you reach a bridge

Working as intended then.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I can't be mad at Roach getting scared stiff by everyday things because that's pretty much how horses are irl.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The practice race worked fine for me, although I have not attempted the real tournament yet. I decided to let the excitement build for the possibility of doing two of my favorite things in The Witcher 3, crossbow shooting and horse racing. I was also immediately suspicious that Vivienne is a vampire when the goober knight started talking about her strange behavior, so I'm kinda hoping there's another explanation.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Started out a "Blood and Wine only" game. Geralt gets a quest to find schematics for Mastercrafted versions of Witcher armour. For some reason, he has the diagrams for the lower levels of Feline, Griffin and Ursine, but none for Wolf, meaning that he cannot make Mastercrafted Wolven armour unless the player retrieves the lesser plans in-game. Is this really intended behaviour?

Also, the quest involves going to a ruined "Bastoy prison". This is a surprising reference - what prompted a Polish developer to reference a Norwegian prison in a game set in Fantasy Provence?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I know that Blood and Wine is set after the main story and thus meant to be played post-game.

When is Hearts of Stone meant to be taken on? Post-game before B&W or some other time during the main story? Can't work it out, atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Kopijeger posted:

Also, the quest involves going to a ruined "Bastoy prison". This is a surprising reference - what prompted a Polish developer to reference a Norwegian prison in a game set in Fantasy Provence?

multicultural team, not just polish