Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

so my new GF plays eve, should I tell her I do too?

yeah and make bad puns about ganking dat rear end etc in bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Gank her first, sell her a mining permit, and then tell her it was a test to see whether or not the relationship could survive some friction.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
:siren: woop woop ma'am this is the faction police commander I'm here to scan your cargo :siren:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/25kusi/nsfw_sharing_eve_with_your_significant_other/

Take some hints from this guy globby

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

yeah i'm not going to read that sorry

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

yeah i'm not going to read that sorry

The guy didn't know how to explain EVE to his girlfriend to even ask if he can play when she's around. Then one night they're making sex and she poops in his hand. He uses that opportunity to sit her down at the computer and tell her about EVE.

Different situation, but appropriately Syndic Thrass.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
what if she is an anti-ganker?

what if she is the mittani?

i am very concerned friends

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
It's me sorry globby

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

what if she is an anti-ganker?

what if she is the mittani?

i am very concerned friends

If she's AG then a friendly rivalry is good

You should actually get her name and see if you've dunked her already lol

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Richard Bong posted:

There just has to be a way to get ship models that aren't 100$ pre shipping. I mean it's not shocking they didn't sell well at that price. [I I think that was the price, it's been a few years though but it was a lot]

Ironically, when they took them off the store, they couldn't give them away. They had tons of back stock, to the point that everyone at Eve Vegas one year got an Apoc model free, so that CCP could write them off.

That said, someone's made a Triexporter-to-STL converter, so if you have access to a good printer and are willing to do your own painting, easy enough to make your own models.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Paging Ullerm,

https://www.twitch.tv/eve_nt_tv

The info on the next EVE NT event (rules, info, prize ship skin etc.) is getting announced in a few mins if you're interested.

There's going to be signups for teams that want to partake.

Edit - Announcement post http://www.eve-nt.uk/2016/05/29/new-eve_nt-tournament-season-announced-with-prizes-and-giveaways/

CCP are apparently making a new test/tournament server called Thunderdome that is for player run tournaments and various other stuff. It was at the esport roundtable at Fanfest this year.

Thanks. For clarification, is this "EveNT team makes the fits, and teams have to use them as-is"? Because that's simultaneously interesting and awful.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Thanks. For clarification, is this "EveNT team makes the fits, and teams have to use them as-is"? Because that's simultaneously interesting and awful.

Yeah that's what it is. The Fight Club tournament was a predecessor to this one, and it worked out well. It's also a lot easier/better for the audience to keep track of in a few different ways than something like the AT which is all about the fitting meta etc.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ullerrm posted:

Ironically, when they took them off the store, they couldn't give them away. They had tons of back stock, to the point that everyone at Eve Vegas one year got an Apoc model free, so that CCP could write them off.

That said, someone's made a Triexporter-to-STL converter, so if you have access to a good printer and are willing to do your own painting, easy enough to make your own models.

I was about to buy a ticket to EVE Vegas that year just because I was in Los Angeles and it was easy enough. The free ship model was the thing that put me over the edge. But then they changed the Golem model and that's what I wanted, to paint the Raven model like a Golem in the Lai Dai paint. Easy enough. So then I didn't go, and I don't want the Raven model anymore.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

appropriately Syndic Thrass.

gently caress is that supposed to mean

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Syndic Thrass posted:

gently caress is that supposed to mean

You know, not completely relevant but gets posted anyway

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

frozenpussy posted:

You know, not completely relevant but gets posted anyway

Yeah, but that's why we like Syndic.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah that's what it is. The Fight Club tournament was a predecessor to this one, and it worked out well. It's also a lot easier/better for the audience to keep track of in a few different ways than something like the AT which is all about the fitting meta etc.

Yeah, but the fitting meta is the main thing I enjoy from tournaments :P Still might put together a team. Is this taking place on TQ or Sisi (or on that stupid Thunderdome server)?

e: Also:

1) How early will the fits be released? (Please tell me Elise isn't doing the fits, he is hella awful at tournaments)
2) More details on banning process? # of rounds, etc?

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 31, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, but the fitting meta is the main thing I enjoy from tournaments :P Still might put together a team. Is this taking place on TQ or Sisi (or on that stupid Thunderdome server)?

e: Also:

1) How early will the fits be released? (Please tell me Elise isn't doing the fits, he is hella awful at tournaments)
2) More details on banning process? # of rounds, etc?

As far as I know it'll be on either Sisi or Thunderdome if that becomes available.

I don't know who is doing the fits or when they'll be released, I think Bei Artjay is doing most of that stuff. Speaking of Bei, he has been working on the banning tool that will be used for this and its still in development at the moment. I did a test with him using the format he was trying out, and it was 4 steps, 2 for each side. 6 depending on if you counted something. I'm not really sure if it'll be like that for the actual event per se but if you've ever played Dota 2 its a much more simplified process with the same feel. More info is going to be coming out but for now the info that was priority to get out is what the new format is, what the prizes are, and that there's open signups. The rest of the details are TBA since we have 5 months til the actual event starts and I'm sure they'll put out info with enough notice.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 31, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I need help with drone selection. I am fighting Sansha nation and I assumed Amarr drones that deal EM are the best. I become aware today that Gallente have 1.92x instead of the Amarr 1.68x damage multi. I dunno how the dps differs.

Edit: it's actually Amarr 1.68 vs Gallente 1.92.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 31, 2016

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Use Thermal

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

jm20 posted:

Use Thermal

I believe you. I would just want to see why?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
:monocle: I'm wrong they changed things with drones. Between Thermal/EM use the highest trained specialization. Honestly though, don't train EM and just use thermal

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dqzDomle5sFKkEYlxTfoPf6rmUb_8i9Luo9UWNxInr0/edit?usp=sharing

Blue best, green next

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

jm20 posted:

:monocle: I'm wrong they changed things with drones. Between Thermal/EM use the highest trained specialization. Honestly though, don't train EM and just use thermal

Assume I have both drone specs at 3.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
So a gila has %500 drone hp/dps bonus? Is this real?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bluegoon posted:

it can only use two drones though

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

bluegoon posted:

That is real, but it only applies to mediums, and you'll notice that it only has 20mbit of bandwidth. So you can either deploy four unbonused lights, or two super-powered mediums.

Same deal with the Rattler, where you choose between two super-powered heavies or sentries, or five unbonused mediums/lights.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

As far as I know it'll be on either Sisi or Thunderdome if that becomes available.

I don't know who is doing the fits or when they'll be released, I think Bei Artjay is doing most of that stuff. Speaking of Bei, he has been working on the banning tool that will be used for this and its still in development at the moment. I did a test with him using the format he was trying out, and it was 4 steps, 2 for each side. 6 depending on if you counted something. I'm not really sure if it'll be like that for the actual event per se but if you've ever played Dota 2 its a much more simplified process with the same feel. More info is going to be coming out but for now the info that was priority to get out is what the new format is, what the prizes are, and that there's open signups. The rest of the details are TBA since we have 5 months til the actual event starts and I'm sure they'll put out info with enough notice.
I will believe that thunderdome is a thing that CCP are working on and which will be useful for tournament stuff when I am actually logged into it and not a moment before. I mean, I want to believe, but I've heard the horror stories of AT12 Duality soooo...

Not super-keen on the complete removal of the designing fits and setups side of things (would have much preferred an NT collides-style setup but with teams required to submit their fits in advance rather than just lists of the ships they intend to use), but eh, the collides skins were decently valuable and doing tournaments beats most forms of ISK-making.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duality was weird. The biggest issue with using SiSi is CCP break stuff on it a lot meaning any esport stuff you do there is subject to :ccp: so a Thunderdome server for that stuff to be done one free from being broken by the SiSi testing could be good.

I still think CCP should at least toy with the idea of their own arena battle system on either TQ or as a standalone game. TQ would be neat but I can see why it wouldn't work with how EVE is designed overall.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Bei is alright, although I'd really like to see fits early.

5 months? That puts it into August/September -- don't you run a significant risk of overlapping with AT13?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

ullerrm posted:

5 months? That puts it into August/September -- don't you run a significant risk of overlapping with AT13?
Today is the 31st of May, so five months would imply a starting date in late October or early November. November might be OK, but October is squarely in post-tournament spaceship burnout time.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

Bei is alright, although I'd really like to see fits early.

Uh no, I misspoke about the amount of months between now and the start. The Fall Season (we're doing 2 per year now, Fall & Spring) starts October 2nd so its more like 4 months from today. The fits and other stuff will be announced sometime between now and then but when I can't comment on. You'd have to ask Nashh Kadavr, Elise or Bei about when they think that stuff will be ready to be announced.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 31, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
so I decided to check on the moros and how big they made the fleet hangar and ship maintenance bay and

A MOROS HAS 10,000 M3 FLEET HANGAR AND 1,000,000 M3 SHIP MAINTENANCE BAY?????

holy poo poo

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

so I decided to check on the moros and how big they made the fleet hangar and ship maintenance bay and

A MOROS HAS 10,000 M3 FLEET HANGAR AND 1,000,000 M3 SHIP MAINTENANCE BAY?????

holy poo poo

Yep, every capital now has a big gently caress off SMA, and refit capabilities. I keep my HAW guns in my fleet hangar.

Sadly, there's not a ton of use for the SMA on most dreads. I keep a spare cyno ship in mine, and a bunch of unfitted frigates to use as chaff when shooting sticks.

(And you STILL can't fit anything in the Rorqual's SMA except miners and haulers. :ccp:)

e: VVV Yep. It's gotten me out of killmail city quite a few times while flying carriers near a hostile pos that wasn't being actively manned.

The stick's pointing me? Dump out 20 unpiloted shuttles, and align. Oooh, the stick switched its point to one of the shuttles! *warps out*

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 31, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ullerrm posted:

Yep, every capital now has a big gently caress off SMA, and refit capabilities. I keep my HAW guns in my fleet hangar.

Sadly, there's not a ton of use for the SMA on most dreads. I keep a spare cyno ship in mine, and a bunch of unfitted frigates to use as chaff when shooting sticks.

(And you STILL can't fit anything in the Rorqual's SMA except miners and haulers. :ccp:)

oh wow. the chaff thing is an excellent idea. :haw:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I finally completed my ratting fleet. I have a fitted VNI, a fitted hauler and 4 MTUs at 5 different stations other than my home one. I have a travel fit Trist to go between them, working towards an Interceptor.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

FranktheBank posted:

I finally completed my ratting fleet. I have a fitted VNI, a fitted hauler and 4 MTUs at 5 different stations other than my home one. I have a travel fit Trist to go between them, working towards an Interceptor.

come back when you are 8boxing carriers to rat.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

FranktheBank posted:

Assume I have both drone specs at 3.

If you have both at the same, take Amarr drones. They have slightly better tracking and range then Gallente-drones. Together with EM being the best damage type against Sansha, welp do the math.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Ambaire posted:

Actually, it's Amarr and Caldari hate Gallente and Minmatar, or at least that's what my long time caldari missioner ended up with.

Ok, I knew it was something along those lines. Shows how long since I ran my mission alt.

Stand corrected.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Syndic Thrass posted:

She's a husky and??? I think her dad was collie and great pyranise but your guess is as good as mine

Those kinds make the best dogs....a little of this and a little of that.

I had a Boxer which I had to put down due to cancer. One of the hardest things I had to do in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ullerrm posted:

That is real, but it only applies to mediums, and you'll notice that it only has 20mbit of bandwidth. So you can either deploy four unbonused lights, or two super-powered mediums.

Same deal with the Rattler, where you choose between two super-powered heavies or sentries, or five unbonused mediums/lights.

or a super turbo powered gecko :science:

• Locked thread