Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
man inline that poo poo i dont like clickin for pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Phone posting. Sorry don't love you enough to timg each one. Maybe tomorrow when I boot my PC up. And while I don't love you enough to timg those, I do love you deadtear, you and your cold black heart

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Syndic what kind of dog is that? The eyes look cool.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
A+ Pupper, those eyeshadow rings are adorable :kimchi:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

wit posted:

Is it possible to play eve with modern music? It has to be 70s and 80s type chill funk or electro or something for me, I don't think the pace suits anything else. Lipps Inc, Kajgoogoo, Erasure, Duran Duran. Its not even my generation but nothing else paces well with it in my head.

I have a spotify playlist of a couple of hundred ambient house tracks - Apex Twin, Future Sound of London, Autechre, Boards of Canada etc - and I find that works really well for me.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Pooki, that's probably my favorite station, but I also recommend Groove Salad, Secret Agent, and Suburbs of Goa as variety.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
So right before shutdown a hookbill takes me on in my Drake, he takes out my Warrior IIs, and we just sit there for like 10 minutes, my heavy missiles two doing jack poo poo, and him doing jack poo poo damage.

Then a caracal shows up, my heavy missles 2 doing jack poo poo, him doing jack poo poo, then the cluster shut down...

what the Effff mann

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

bluegoon posted:

So right before shutdown a hookbill takes me on in my Drake, he takes out my Warrior IIs, and we just sit there for like 10 minutes, my heavy missiles two doing jack poo poo, and him doing jack poo poo damage.

Then a caracal shows up, my heavy missles 2 doing jack poo poo, him doing jack poo poo, then the cluster shut down...

Note I was using those T2 scourge heavy missiles..

what the Effff mann

Sorry poo poo meant to edit not quote myself.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
we got that after all nobody quotes you voluntarily

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
oops that might not be chill read it in a chill voice for me would you?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Endie posted:

oops that might not be chill read it in a chill voice for me would you?

heh, no worries, I think I'm going back to my caracal and speccing rapid lights.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

bluegoon posted:

Do I have to do the low level missions in order to access the other ones? Everything is just melting..

Train up the following skills.

Connections: This gives you more standings as you do missions.
Diplomacy: This allows you to talk to agents that don't particular like you.
Negotiation: Gives you more isk payout per mission.
Security Connections: Gives you more LP for doing combat missions.
Social: This gives you bonus to standings.

If you train these, you can get away with doing maybe one or two level one missions before you can skip up to level twos.

Don't forget half of your isk will come from the LP stores so you need to research which faction item sells best per LP.

*edit for poo poo grammar

RazNation fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 30, 2016

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone think up a Velator fit that can run level 4s.

CCP came up with some specific L4 missions you can run with an assault frigate. People say they pay very well but are kind of hard to execute.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

RazNation posted:

Train up the following skills.

Connections: This gives you more standings as you do missions.
Diplomacy: This allows you to talk to agents you don't particular like you.
Negotiation: Gives you more isk payout per mission.
Security Connections: Gives you more LP for doing combat missions.
Social: This gives you bonus to standings.

If you train these, you can get away with doing maybe one or two level one missions before you can skip up to level twos.

Don't forget half of your isk will come from the LP stores so you need to research which faction item sells best per LP.

OK sweet thank you!

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Syndic Thrass posted:

PS while we call her steevie, her full name is Steevie Nicks

What breed?

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015
If you do run combat missions, you need to keep an eye out on your standings with the four factions.

Caldari and Gal like each other and Amarr and Mim like to spoon as well. I believe that is the correct love matching. I would check but I am just that drat lazy. Anyway, when you run missions in Caldari space and kill NPC ships, you gain standings with Cal/Gal while losing standings with Amarr/Mim. Kill enough NPC and the respective Navies will come look for you when you enter their space. So you need to circulate your mission running areas unless you don't care about standings with some factions.

When I did missions, the only goal I had was to up my faction standings so I got the ability to anchor a POS in a 0.6 system. Then CCP took that requirement away for POSes (thanks for all those hours that I won't get back, CCP) so now standings does nothing but lower your taxes.

Clarification on standings:

The standings you get when you complete the normal agent missions goes towards the agents themselves. It's the storyline missions that pop up after sixteen regular missions that up your factions standings.

When you get enough standings to run L4, I would look for a area where there is a clump of L4 agents so you can farm them. You can accept as many missions as you can handle but you need to finish them before the countdown ends to get the most isk.

Or just run incursions with an alt.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

So... my main account is 7 weeks old... 10 skill injectors deep.

I just made my third account.

Eve has taken over my life.

(No real money invested).

I get that you rat a lot, but where are you ratting to have put together the better part of 1b a week since you started?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Actually, it's Amarr and Caldari hate Gallente and Minmatar, or at least that's what my long time caldari missioner ended up with.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Ambaire posted:

Actually, it's Amarr and Caldari hate Gallente and Minmatar, or at least that's what my long time caldari missioner ended up with.

Correct.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

RazNation posted:

What breed?

She's a husky and??? I think her dad was collie and great pyranise but your guess is as good as mine

tempezt
Oct 28, 2011

A White Guy posted:

Ok, so it's been like a year since I played this poo poo awful game.

Tell me about the current political situation in EVE, or alternatively, why I should spend :20bux: a month to humor my deep seated sense of masochism.

as you asked so nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV1K509AMtk

this is the latest of the up dates.
be happly

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tempezt posted:

as you asked so nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV1K509AMtk

this is the latest of the up dates.
be happly

I wouldn't really use those as a solid example since its mostly me talking off the cuff and remembering stuff on the spot. The monthly recaps are a bit better and there'll be one out on June 1st like normal.

Apparently the buzzing/static stuff on my mic isn't the mic itself either, but my computer motherboard. No idea whats causing it as it doesn't show up when using the same mic on my laptop or my other computer that isn't good enough to stream/play games on. :smith:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 30, 2016

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
You made those? Neat, I've enjoyed them the short time I've been playing, especially Episod 1 which helped me get a grasp of the current involved players.

Can recommend for new players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zWZWvQ27_U

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Endie posted:

I have a spotify playlist of a couple of hundred ambient house tracks - Apex Twin, Future Sound of London, Autechre, Boards of Canada etc - and I find that works really well for me.

You have A++ musical taste, but any time I play good music like this, it takes my mind of the bad game. Bad music for bad game helps me.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Jazzzzz posted:

I get that you rat a lot, but where are you ratting to have put together the better part of 1b a week since you started?

I'll give a really quick run down.

I got a lot of help from my corp and friends. When I started, friends gave me +4 implants and a noctis and told me to salvage all the wrecks from their havens/sanctums. We have a corp member who takes all the salvage in and pays around ~80%. We have another person in the corp that takes in all the misc loot at ~20% under Jita price. I was soloing Havens [slowly] in a Vexor, then upgraded to VNIs after I got some skill training done.

After that it was easy. I would solo 3 sites, then loot/salvage them. Repeat. I sell all 10/10 DED sites for 80-90mil, mixed with a few faction rare spawns. I was making about 80-100m per hour.
Now, I live the high life. I go 2-5 jumps away from my "home" station, some place with little-no red activity and no ratters on the sites I want. I take both Havens (Pirate Gate variant) so I can reotate without waiting 5min for respawn. I drop an MTU on each site I do. After I finish 4 sites (~2 hours) I reship into a hauler that grabs all 4 MTUs and the loot and brings it back to station. Switch the MTUs back to the VNI. Repeat. I have fast haulers parked at almost every single station where I usually rat, so I dont have to bring ships out there. Then I have a 22k cargo hauler in my home station to fetch it once in a while.

My next goal is to have fitted VNIs at all those ratting spots so I can just travel around in an Interceptor.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I hope you're training towards an Ishtar.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Oodles posted:

I hope you're training towards an Ishtar.

Actually, I just bought injector #11 yesterday and used it on the last skill I needed and got HAC 2. I dunno what I will use the Ishtar for, but I will try to solo a 6/10 and 7/10 (if the first goes well). Otherwise, the Ishtar will be benched until I find a need.

I won't use to do normal ratting because it might draw more [unwanted] attention from reds. Currently, The VNI and Ishtar will do the same dps, except the latter's drones will track better. Unless that tracking bonus is the biggest thing since Drones 5, it's not worth having the extra isk on grid.

My VNI is like 100-110m fully fitted. My Ishtar will be around 300mil. And both will (presumably) clear combat sites the same speed.

Also, the Ishtar gives me 100+ drone range, but that is irrelevant for anomalies because orbiting at 30 allows me to drop MTUs closer to the rats and recall drones faster in case of red fleet.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How the gently caress did you become such an experienced bitter vet in such a short time? :psyduck:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What faction are you looking to do the escalations of?

Ishtars can do Gurista's 10/10, but unsure about the other factions.

I got into Ishtars as they've got a nice beefy shield. Pretty sit you can get them for cheaper than 300, I used to sell them for 350 and that's with shipping and markup on them. You could probably get them for 280 on sell orders, lower on buys.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How the gently caress did you become such an experienced bitter vet in such a short time? :psyduck:

Heh, when I first started playing eve back in '09, a month in, after joining some random corp I was getting accused of being a spy because I couldn't possibly know as much about the game as I did. All I did was just pay attention to ship bonuses and look at every single fitting I could.

Rest in pieces, beloved raven navy issue, victim of harsh goon violence.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
A fully pve fitted Isthar is around 218, if I remember correct.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Oodles posted:

Ishtars can do Gurista's 10/10, but unsure about the other factions.
They can easily do the Serpentis 10/10 too. Then again, that one's so easy I think you could do it in an Ibis if you had the patience.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally got my honourable rifter duel with Xolve. War may now end. :toot:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Who won?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I found another 5b just sitting around :snoop:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've been a goon for a long time. Some skills carry over.

Also, how do the npc faction DED sites stack up? Like Sansha, Serpentis, etc? Thanks.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzbAEHdy8oU

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54342551/

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

FranktheBank posted:

I've been a goon for a long time. Some skills carry over.

Also, how do the npc faction DED sites stack up? Like Sansha, Serpentis, etc? Thanks.
The general rule is that guristas and serpentis sites are pretty easy and can mostly be soloed with a tengu or ishtar (except the serpentis logistical outpost, which is basically a giant gently caress YOU DIE NOW area), blood raider sites are nasty with lots of damage and neuting, and angel/sansha sites are somewhere in between. gently caress knows about drone sites, although people farm the 10/10 in solo widows so I guess it can't be all that tough.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
so my new GF plays eve, should I tell her I do too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

so my new GF plays eve, should I tell her I do too?

Tell her the hard way

gank the bejeezus out of her and then text her the customer satisfaction survey

• Locked thread