Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

I got a legendary Zarya skin but I don't like playing her :negative:

It is wrong not to like Zarya but also all her skins are trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Evil Canadian posted:

His line is "your mom would be proud" and she's like "naw", and that is when you are all starting the match up. It was for sure mcree who says the line when pharah kills him.

I've had it happen multiple times, and it was always with a dad near me - and it definitely sounded like him to me. And no I'm not talking about the proud line.

http://rebrn.com/re/hero-relationships-simplified-2612284/
Soldier 76 compliments Pharah when you eliminate someone, saying "Got your aim from your mom, I see."

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's wrong with Zarya's Siberian front skin? I like that one.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

So I don't know poo poo about what competitive mode is supposed to be but for the love of god will it show kill and death ratios for everybody on the TAB screen?

I just really want to know how i compared to the rest of the team and why we lost so loving badly

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

What's wrong with Zarya's Siberian front skin? I like that one.

It's not hideous like the goth ones but I dunno it just doesn't feel fun at all to me. Until she has a Vasquez from Aliens skin it's like what the hell Blizz

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hamburger Test posted:

I've had it happen multiple times, and it was always with a dad near me - and it definitely sounded like him to me. And no I'm not talking about the proud line.

http://rebrn.com/re/hero-relationships-simplified-2612284/
Soldier 76 compliments Pharah when you eliminate someone, saying "Got your aim from your mom, I see."

Oh I guess it happened when when I killed a mcree, but I thought it sure sounded like him not 76. Guess I am wrong though.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I only like playing the characters with sexy lady butts.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Knifegrab posted:

I only like playing the characters with sexy lady butts.

Same, that's why my main is Genji

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

I got a legendary Zarya skin but I don't like playing her :negative:

Shield teammates who are prone to charging into enemy fire. Then charge in with your personal shield and get a full charge. Beam fools to death. Rinse, repeat.

Огонь по готовности

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

So I don't know poo poo about what competitive mode is supposed to be but for the love of god will it show kill and death ratios for everybody on the TAB screen?

I just really want to know how i compared to the rest of the team and why we lost so loving badly

You can already know this; at the end of the match you get medals in various categories based on your performance. You get gold/silver/bronze based on how you performed relative to your team. So if you get a bunch of gold medals, you did really good. If you get none, you were a lead weight.

So you can know how poo poo your team was based on how many golds you get.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This isn't really a game where KDR tells you anything useful though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kill/death ratios don't actually matter that much for why you won and lost. You can have a fantastic Kill/death ratio but if you're getting it by running off by yourself plinking random people while your team struggling to push the cart then having a good KDA doesn't mean you actually tributed to the victory that much. It is why those Sick 360 Headshot Widowmaker Mains can do fantastic and still be a drag on the team.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the only thing kill wise in game that matters is eliminations who cares who did it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

IronDoge posted:

Shield teammates who are prone to charging into enemy fire. Then charge in with your personal shield and get a full charge. Beam fools to death. Rinse, repeat.

Огонь по готовности

Also, works a lot better when your team is very aggressive than when they're very timid. Zarya wants to be a barbarian queen leading the charge into battle, not the protective blanket for the kind of people who refuse to charge the point even in the last 10 seconds.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I've pretty much resigned myself to not enjoying stories in games where the story isn't a main pillar......but I'm ok with the Overwatch one because if you're not an obsessed nerdlinger it's pretty much just someone going "HORDE MODE INCOMING WINK WINK" and that's a good thing, and then you can get on with smashing action figures from an alternate universe together.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Did you guys know the emperor is Belial?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

If you get a lot of gold medals, it's likely you did what you could. I've gotten gold eliminations with just 2 and gold objective time with just a couple of seconds when getting steam rolled.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I wanna be able to see objective time on my teammates so I can flame them for that.

It's Very Important to be able to flame the widowmaker who continued to click at heads the entire game and never even tried to touch the point when we were losing in overtime.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Kill/death ratios don't actually matter that much for why you won and lost. You can have a fantastic Kill/death ratio but if you're getting it by running off by yourself plinking random people while your team struggling to push the cart then having a good KDA doesn't mean you actually tributed to the victory that much. It is why those Sick 360 Headshot Widowmaker Mains can do fantastic and still be a drag on the team.

Kills are really important because its easier to stand on the point/payload when the enemy team is dead. Meanwhile if you die a lot that means you didnt have as much time to accomplish the objective

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Widowmaker giving her team wall hacks is a pretty good team support role.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ahhpple posted:

Kills are really important because its easier to stand on the point/payload when the enemy team is dead. Meanwhile if you die a lot that means you didnt have as much time to accomplish the objective

Kills are important when you're killing the person who needs to die. If you kill five members of the enemy team and then their Mercy just revives them all then you killing five people doesn't actually matter very much. Likewise if you're getting a whole bunch of kills by picking off people in side corridors while your team really needs you to pick off their back line so they can break a choke point then you're not actually helping that much.

Plus it really depends. I can get shitloads of eliminations as a dwarf just by smacking my turret over and over but that doesn't mean I was as vital to the team as the Reinheart who was pushing hard and the Lucio whose clutch ult saved us from death.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

If you kill five members of the enemy team and then their Mercy just revives them all then you killing five people doesn't actually matter very much.

This is the worst. Even more so if Mercy is at like 10 hp and no one shoots at her.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duck and Cover posted:

Pretty sure the player character actually calls them out on that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

please do not use my likeness without my permission, thank you

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

That entire segment was only the second worst story/dialogue clusterfuck in that game.

Diablo III was a goddamn abortion.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

please check your player icons so the New disappears

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Lady Naga posted:

Overwatch should have raiding though and by raiding I mean that one player is the raidboss and everyone else has to defeat them.

We got that, its called Evolve. Didn't do so well.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lemon King posted:

http://steamcharts.com/app/273350

The dedicated few. :911:

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Lemon King posted:

I'm pretty sure Evolve's business model had more to do with that than the gameplay.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Broken Cog posted:

Because Battleborn characters weren't designed to be as blandly attractive and appeal to as many sexual fantasies as possible. Who's your favourite? The gamer girl? The shy Science girl? The Femme Fatale sniper? The short-haired strong girl? What about the sniper ninja man? Or his brother, cyborg ninja sword man. The ragged Cowboy or Veteran soldier? etc etc etc.

Fun fact: Zarya is based on one of the Diablo 3 designers, and she's apparently from Russia as well.

And holy poo poo are you taking a video game seriously that can't even take itself seriously.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

if you cant tell without KDA the answer is probably you, my dude

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Fun fact: Zarya is based on one of the Diablo 3 designers, and she's apparently from Russia as well.

And holy poo poo are you taking a video game seriously that can't even take itself seriously.

fun fact mccree is based off jesse mcree, a lead game designer at blizzard

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've pretty much resigned myself to not enjoying stories in games where the story isn't a main pillar......but I'm ok with the Overwatch one because if you're not an obsessed nerdlinger it's pretty much just someone going "HORDE MODE INCOMING WINK WINK" and that's a good thing, and then you can get on with smashing action figures from an alternate universe together.

It's still fun to make fun of really well-animated shorts with high production values that have some of the shittiest writing, though. It's okay.

ImpAtom posted:

I have this out once a day with Widowmaker pubbies on Attacking teams. You can't get it into their thick skulls that the other sniper they're constantly killing isn't helping us clear objectives and cap.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

.Z. posted:

I'm pretty sure Evolve's business model had more to do with that than the gameplay.

Buy gameplay DLC now before the game even comes out! Be the first to spend more money!

It's like Cod and their stupid loving map packs. The CoD cycle sees player levels drop around 3-4 months in which is exactly when they release the first dlc map pick which then sections the community even more.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Getting pretty tired of being on the defense side of payload maps and seeing a million Reinhardts on my teams that just sit there with the shield and slowly die

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

You'd get 500 credits back so its not that big of a deal. The odds of getting the legendary skin you actually want through RNG are fantastically low so just buy it.

FYI you only get 200 credits for a duplicate legendary skin.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Broken Cog posted:

[...]

This isn't even about how I think the characters in Battleborn are written better, it's how incredibly cringe worthy and bland the characters in Overwatch are. It's an issue I've been voicing ever since the beta was first announced and we got the first footage. I remember people saying back then saying it was early footage and they were probably going to expand on them, but all they added were some boring interactions between certain characters before a battle where nobody says anything of interest. They added some lore, I guess, but none of it is particularly interesting either, even if its' well made. And even if it was, it really should have been reflected in game.

I agree, this really hurts the story from the single player campaign as a whole.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

Gravy Jones posted:

The obsession many people who like Overwatch have with Battleborn is kind of weird.

It is not enough that "Overwatch" succeeds. Other games must fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its a bit stupid to act like the story doesn't matter when Blizzard clearly wants you to care about the characters. Yeah, you can have fun with the game and not know anything about the story, but tons of Blizzard's marketing has focused on the characters. They keep making those comics and shorts that have basically nothing to do with the actual game and focus on the characters entirely.