Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Constant Hamprince posted:

If I were Clinton I wouldn't be worried about debates; Trump's debate performance was a low-fat nothingburger in matchups against such rhetorical titans as Jeb Bush and Marco "Ctrl-Alt-Del" Rubio

I fear that it'll be Biden vs. Palin all over again. Clinton will have to hold back and be largely patient, polite and dignified.

Alter Ego posted:

Engaging him in a Twitter war is stupid. Trying to out-nickname him is dumb as hell. But they seem to have learned the first lesson--Elizabeth Warren is taking over needling him on Twitter--and so far I haven't really seen the campaign officially try to brand him with a nickname. Just a couple of trial balloons. And I actually think "Poor Donald" works, as long as they're not talking about money, but rather in the "Poor Donald, he's really in over his head. He's got no idea what he's doing" sense.

I think that they should refrain from trying to find a name to call him. They suck at it anyway, but my feeling is that they're not going to get to characterise Trump in the public's mind. This would normally be a problem, but given that Trump is Trump already he's done all the work that needs to be done.

The only thing that the Clinton campaign really has to worry about is coming across as snobby and elitist and turning Trump into an underdog. This is precisely the sort of thing that Clinton would do, so I hope her campaign figures out that it's mostly a question of giving Trump enough rope. So far, as you point out, they've figured some stuff out. Warren's twitter-fu is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mirthless posted:

Glenn Beck is no longer conservative enough for the GOP :beck:

He would be the first president to just resign in the middle of a term because he got bored of the job

Like Sarah Palin, if we'd made her president instead of governor of Alaska

I'm almost positive that this is what'll happen once trump realizes being president sucks if he gets elected. That's why whatever turbo-conservative heritage foundation approved ubermensch he picks as a VP is what I'm looking out for.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nah, trump is all about feeding that ego and being president would be the ultimate ego booster

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

babypolis posted:

Good King Boosted was fair and just, and rewarded his subjects with magnificent gilded powers

Bad King FIshmech was arbitrary and harsh, and rewarded his subjects with nothing but probations

One hand gives, one hand takes. It's necessary to maintain balance.

Also Fischmech does reward his followers with sweet meltdowns from Trump supporters crying about 6 hour probs lmao

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Donald Trump's most notable debate moment was publicly denying that he has a tiny penis.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Now I want more than anything an 11 hour congressional hearing on Trump U starring Trump

Perfectly Safe posted:

I fear that it'll be Biden vs. Palin all over again. Clinton will have to hold back and be largely patient, polite and dignified.

I think that they should refrain from trying to find a name to call him. They suck at it anyway, but my feeling is that they're not going to get to characterise Trump in the public's mind. This would normally be a problem, but given that Trump is Trump already he's done all the work that needs to be done.

The only thing that the Clinton campaign really has to worry about is coming across as snobby and elitist and turning Trump into an underdog. This is precisely the sort of thing that Clinton would do, so I hope her campaign figures out that it's mostly a question of giving Trump enough rope. So far, as you point out, they've figured some stuff out. Warren's twitter-fu is pretty good.

If it's any consolation, Biden emphatically won those debates whereas dunking all over her probably would've been a mixed bag

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i fear the debates are gonna be really boring and stupid

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

MIGF is many things but i do not think he is a Trump supporter

Donald Trump has an inappropriate, isolationist foreign policy. While Trump has some good ideas, such as how to handle ISIS, I cannot trust him to follow through on his campaign promises.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

logikv9 posted:

nah, trump is all about feeding that ego and being president would be the ultimate ego booster

he'll have pet projects like the wall, everything else will be the domain of VP and GOP

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Spatula City posted:

Which is bizarre, given their respective political ideologies. Just goes to show you, you shouldn't take political ideology as a surefire indicator of someone's personality. There are probably nearly as many irredeemable fuckers among Sanders and Clinton supports as among Trump supporters. Heroes and monsters on all sides, really. But, regardless of his ideology, Boosted has proved a good and true king, a real Ned Stark. fischmech is Ramsay Bolton.

I prefer to view myself as the Lavrenty Beria of YCS

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
fishmech is a vendetta ik. nothing wrong with that.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Who else is fuckin pumped for the David French administration

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/AlexPappas/status/737751129312878593

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

Hillary, for everything else that she is, doesn't have that problem. I've never once seen her lose her cool in a debate, nor have I ever really seen her even stumble over her words in an answer the way Obama did. If she gets on the same stage as Trump, she will goad him into doing something stupid--and because he's Trump, he will take the bait and say something hideously offensive.

Hillary devastated Rick Lazio in just that way.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/03/hillary-clinton-rick-lazio-2000-senate-sexism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJZo4UeTYQ

There will be a lot of non-crazy people paying attention to her historic candidacy in the general, and I don't see this sort of thing playing out any better for Trump than it did for Lazio.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I hang out a whole loving lot here and read a lot of politics Twitter and I have never heard of this guy.

A triumph for the Renegade Party: they may have found a sub-Lessig candidate!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Annual Prophet posted:

Hillary devastated Rick Lazio in just that way.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/03/hillary-clinton-rick-lazio-2000-senate-sexism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJZo4UeTYQ

There will be a lot of non-crazy people paying attention to her historic candidacy in the general, and I don't see this sort of thing playing out any better for Trump than it did for Lazio.

The doublethink over the next 6 months of Trump supporters simultaneously praising Trump for sucking the dick of the GOPe because it's the smart thing to do to win and doesn't compromise him because uhhhhh, while simultaneously getting outraged at Hillary pandering to women because it's the smart thing to do to win is going to be great.

also lol what the gently caress was Lazio thinking with that poo poo

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

fishmech posted:

I prefer to view myself as the Lavrenty Beria of YCS

A serial rapist?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
People can complain all they want about Fishmech's YCS dictatorship, but the fact is that he makes the trains run exactly on time

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

skaboomizzy posted:

I hang out a whole loving lot here and read a lot of politics Twitter and I have never heard of this guy.

A triumph for the Renegade Party: they may have found a sub-Lessig candidate!

Trump has 100% name recognition, so they're going with someone who has 0%! Attack his strengths!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Constant Hamprince posted:

People can complain all they want about Fishmech's YCS dictatorship, but the fact is that he makes the trains run exactly on time

Well done

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fishmech adopts Trump's policies re: the 1st amendment and all of a sudden it's a problem for the Trumpublicans :rolleyes:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

uh the guy doesnt even have a wikipedia article lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Epic High Five posted:

Fishmech adopts Trump's policies re: the 1st amendment and all of a sudden it's a problem for the Trumpublicans :rolleyes:

He's just opening up the laws. All the laws, great laws. In the good old days these guys woulda been perma'd, it woulda been so much fun.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i was just making a king of dragon pass joke im mostly fine with the mechreich, unfair as it may be

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
David French is already here, America. he is in your homes, watching you. vote for David French, because you cannot disprove the previous sentences, and you wouldnt want to provoke him.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/737756190298497024

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
lol who the gently caress is David French?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Thanks for the update, Huffington Post!

Trump Weighs In On Cincinnati Gorilla, Silent On Baby Hitler

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
have you heard? yes, yes! David French, they say! or so goes the chatter in the cafes and the shops of a spring afternoon. yes, Bill Kristol's boy is David French, by god. telegraph wires hum with the news, casting the name upon the waters of heaven - David French!, chants the invisible electric choir. all the world is abuzz, waiting on tenterhooks for the man they never knew they so achingly needed before today.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

lol who the gently caress is David French?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Oooh, C-SPAN getting sassy.

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/737756983793582080

May I suggest 2016 GOP Collapse: The French Revolution?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

i fear the debates are gonna be really boring and stupid

This is my secret greatest fear.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if you listen carefully you can hear H5N1 busily editing all his posts itt even as we speak

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

William Bear posted:

May I suggest 2016 GOP Collapse: The French Revolution?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Is that the fat guy that stripped down at the libertarian convention?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/737758679269838848

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ah yes, one of Bandit Keith's most prized cards

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

if you listen carefully you can hear H5N1 busily editing all his posts itt even as we speak

"Sacre bleu! I'm losing my head for the French Revolution!"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Woah, it's shocking that Kristol hyped a candidate who turned out to be a flop. This has never happened before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I know i shouldn't be surprised, but i am surprised how far he has fallen. he used to have people eating out of his hands while he spewed bullshit, now he is probably legit nuts and is seeing everything he wants come true, but because trump isn't a zealot its bad. It wouldnt surprise me if he tried something drastic.

• Locked thread