Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Call of Cholula posted:

So should I get this for PC, Bone or PS4? Using mouse and keyboard either way (ximlord)

You will absolutely destroy controller users with a mouse+keyboard as Widow, Hanzo & Genji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Oneiros posted:

So the weekly brawl (on PS4 at least) is Genji & Hanzo only, fast cool downs, Hanamura map only.

What sad, pathetic weaboo at Blizzard thought that would be appropriate for a week long special mode.

The brawl is awesome and fun and cool.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Dias posted:

I play Soldier because I find that what the team usually misses is damage and someone that can take down supports/turrets. I mean, nevermind me never playing in a team without at least one sniper or a Genji/Reaper, but...

Soldier is a solid pick. If you use Biotic Field cleverly you can keep your pub teammates in the fight, distracting the enemy longer and enabling you to flank with Tactical Visor.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Can you really just plug in a mouse and keyboard to PS4 and play Overwatch with it?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Can you really just plug in a mouse and keyboard to PS4 and play Overwatch with it?

If you use XIM yes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

redweird posted:

Soldier is a solid pick. If you use Biotic Field cleverly you can keep your pub teammates in the fight, distracting the enemy longer and enabling you to flank with Tactical Visor.

Funny you mention that, one of the things making me stupidly frustrated on solo queue tonight was:

"oi guys i got ult <mashes HEY GUYS I GOT ULT>"

<team hangs back and doesn't do poo poo>

"okay guys I'm still gonna pop ult tho because they have Lúcio AND Mercy and you clearly can't kill them so"

<team still hangs back and doesn't do poo poo>

<get hit by random junkrat pipe as I pop ult>

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

I should've just trolled with Mei tonight.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Solo queue can suck on offense because all it takes is defense to gently caress your team up once and you get stuck in a protracted loss because pubs can't just sit for ten seconds to allow everyone to regroup. This happens less on defense just because you have a focal point to rally around, and defense doesn't have to be aggressive.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Man, it would be so nice to have M/KB functionality on my PS4, but having to drop $300 for that XIM4 and a decent mouse just to dunk scrubs is a lot.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ok Roadhog i love you and all but please dont start dropping people to my hard left right or even behind me when i hook.

75% hook accuracy is cool but when i start being unable to find them after the hook it gets spooky

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rorus Raz posted:

Solo queue can suck on offense because all it takes is defense to gently caress your team up once and you get stuck in a protracted loss because pubs can't just sit for ten seconds to allow everyone to regroup. This happens less on defense just because you have a focal point to rally around, and defense doesn't have to be aggressive.

I feel it's usually worse on offense, yeah. Payload is fine except when your team kinda...doesn't care that there is a payload???? and they just run forward trying to flank badly while you die trying to contain their advance??????? Defense you just get outplayed by teams with actual coordination and tactics, or better aim.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
if I bought that xim thing and played with a mouse against controller users I feel like I could finally rise to the level of mediocrity

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Man, it would be so nice to have M/KB functionality on my PS4, but having to drop $300 for that XIM4 and a decent mouse just to dunk scrubs is a lot.

If you got gud at games and life you could get a decent PC and dunk scrubs in overwatch on that.

E: I'm really taking a liking to just massacring drat near everything/one as Soldier. It's kind of dull in that you don't need to do much other that point and click, occasionally sprint to disengage, and pop biotic field when the healer is elsewhere, but goddamn he's like the offense version of Lucio.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 1, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I don't mind reinhardt's being pokey. Sometimes walking up too fast is risky.

I mind them when they complain about piles of turrets, then constantly backpedaling exactly enough to leave teammates out hanging so we get mowed down before we can all scramble back to saftey. Or turning 90 degrees to face a stray half dead genji leaving machinegun fire free to open up on us... Why yes, those two turrets+bastion ARE causing some troubles, and we should shoot them? You don't say.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

FAUXTON posted:

If you got gud at games and life you could get a decent PC and dunk scrubs in overwatch on that.

You can't literally cheat that way like you can with XIM though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You can build a P decent rig for around $900 but then you'd also need around $200 for a monitor and $100-$200 for M+KB

I'm sure you could do it for cheaper but I'm a dork who doesn't like to sacrifice stuff and needs at least a 500gb ssd

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What's the best counter to an all Mei team?

We went pharah and couldn't out damage then before they block.

Torbs just got ice cicled. Everyone else got slowly whittle down and frozen. What gives?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I live in Japan and probably won't be here for more than a couple years, so I don't want to dump a bunch of money into a new desktop just so I can get SICK DUNKS on people in Overwatch. In fact I think if I got the XIM and used M/KB I would just get extremely salty when I died.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can we put a moratorium on solo queue complaints? If you hate solo queue, don't solo queue. Like a billion people are playing this game, it's not hard to find 5 other people to play with.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I live in Japan and probably won't be here for more than a couple years, so I don't want to dump a bunch of money into a new desktop just so I can get SICK DUNKS on people in Overwatch. In fact I think if I got the XIM and used M/KB I would just get extremely salty when I died.

Maybe you should consider playing less competitive games like Cities:Skylines or Terraria

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jastiger posted:

Torbs just got ice cicled. Everyone else got slowly whittle down and frozen. What gives?

Junkrats, McCrees, Tracers, Widowmakers...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jastiger posted:

anything that can keep range and/or has the speed to outrun her slow chinese rear end. s76, widow, pharah should all be good although if s76 gets caught he is dead. its also really hard to freeze a tracer, though icicling them works well

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Zarya shields cancel and block Mei frost.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

I feel it's usually worse on offense, yeah. Payload is fine except when your team kinda...doesn't care that there is a payload???? and they just run forward trying to flank badly while you die trying to contain their advance??????? Defense you just get outplayed by teams with actual coordination and tactics, or better aim.

Hanamura is the worst for this because if they get stopped one time pushing in then everyone just hangs out at the big doorway and does nothing. It has become the only map that makes me sad when I see it on the loading screen.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Sprinkle in a Roadhog against all-Mei. If you can do the hook combo properly they die before they can ice block out of it. And since they need to be in close range to be freezing you, you'll have leeway time before the stun expires.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

Can we put a moratorium on solo queue complaints? If you hate solo queue, don't solo queue. Like a billion people are playing this game, it's not hard to find 5 other people to play with.

No.

Goetta posted:

Hanamura is the worst for this because if they get stopped one time pushing in then everyone just hangs out at the big doorway and does nothing. It has become the only map that makes me sad when I see it on the loading screen.

Both A/D maps are like that, and Hollywood is kinda like that? Hollywood depends on your teammates pushing into the point and being on the inevitable sniper/turret blindspots.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

If you have a semi competent team on defense it is really hard to secure the payload on Hollywood, after that it opens up a bit, especially through the wild west area, but that first point can be brutal

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

Probably Pharah/S76 is your best bet. Constant air damage while the Soldiers finish them off. Don't try McCree. It's a terrible idea and you'll get frozen and you'll die. I know.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Speaking of countering characters, I'm pleasantly surprised that we've managed to go 185 pages with barely any complaints about Bastion compared to open beta. Is the thread title doing work, or is it just that everyone played the open beta and have learned how to deal with him?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Brannock posted:

Speaking of countering characters, I'm pleasantly surprised that we've managed to go 185 pages with barely any complaints about Bastion compared to open beta. Is the thread title doing work, or is it just that everyone played the open beta and have learned how to deal with him?

He's still occasionally annoying, depending on the setup, but McCree and Widowmaker are both twenty times worse.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Brannock posted:

People would rather bitch about flash bang and the agony of being too retarded to avoid solo queue.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Brannock posted:

I'm not gonna talk at length about Goon Culture but generally in discussion of multiplayer games on these boards any complaints about balance are usually burden of proof on the accuser, which means anyone whining about Bastion gets mocked swiftly and thoroughly.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dias posted:

Funny you mention that, one of the things making me stupidly frustrated on solo queue tonight was:

"oi guys i got ult <mashes HEY GUYS I GOT ULT>"

<team hangs back and doesn't do poo poo>

"okay guys I'm still gonna pop ult tho because they have Lúcio AND Mercy and you clearly can't kill them so"

<team still hangs back and doesn't do poo poo>

<get hit by random junkrat pipe as I pop ult>

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

I should've just trolled with Mei tonight.

I never had a problem with pubbies before tonight. Solo Queue seems especially bad now for some reason.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rorus Raz posted:

Its doubly bad because on offense you need to push the payload or stand on the point, and if people are just running around getting murdered over and over that'll never happen. But on Defense all they have to do is kinda kill dudes and they help out, there's much less of a necessary team role on defense. As a result solo queue defense is way more fun than offense which sucks.

Although its also staggering how many players don't realize how important it is to contest the payload or contest the capture point on defense. Sometimes just jumping on the point and getting yourself killed is totally worth it if it buys your team the precious seconds they need to run back from respawn, but very few solo queue players are thinking team tactics like that.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Straight up I'd rather get mowed down by Bastion then get flashbang hammerfan'd to death thirty times in a match

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brannock posted:

Goons are enlightened human beings that don't bitch about anything and are chill.

I think everyone that was on board with the game already understands how to counter Bastion by now, yeah, even pubs. The only times I see Bastion bitching is on B points when a team isn't smart enough to take flanking routes and the other team is playing Bastion with Torb, a healer and a tank.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Guys I finally did it.

I got :potg: as Torg by just popping my ultimate while I was on my way back from respawning, and got a triple kill.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Brannock posted:

Blasting people off the map with Lucio never gets old

An enemy Roadhog hooked me 3 times and all 3 times I just knocked him backwards over the edge when it pulled me close. It's hilarious.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Night Blade posted:

I never had a problem with pubbies before tonight. Solo Queue seems especially bad now for some reason.

cool so I'm not the only one who noticed this. Everything became much more frustrating suddenly

I'm OKAY with losing every now and then but getting shut down completely by the other team isn't any fun at all. I kept getting gold medals too but it was just loss after loss

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dias posted:

Goons are enlightened human beings that don't bitch about anything and are chill.

I think everyone that was on board with the game already understands how to counter Bastion by now, yeah, even pubs. The only times I see Bastion bitching is on B points when a team isn't smart enough to take flanking routes and the other team is playing Bastion with Torb, a healer and a tank.

Also like even on Reddit now you get mocked into oblivion if you whine about Bastion. Torb still gets some complaints but it's mostly moved on to McCree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fadam posted:

To borrow a phrase coined in the depths of the Payday 2 thread, solo queue is The Pubstove and you're going to get burned touching it no matter how many times you forget.

E: it isn't so much that playing with goons is an instant win, but that everyone's able to share in the hilarity that is a MMR fuckup pitting 6 fat drunks against some junior high after-school program's ritalin-sponsored A-level tryhard team. Yeah they've managed to somehow float a bastion-mercy-reinhardt camp out of spawn on Zenyatta's blissed-out back but you all buckle the gently caress down with 6 Meis and drag it into overtime laughing the whole way.

You don't get that with The Pubstove and it makes all the difference.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 1, 2016