Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

necrotic posted:

come back when you are 8boxing carriers to rat.

Thatsthedream.jpg

Libluini posted:

If you have both at the same, take Amarr drones. They have slightly better tracking and range then Gallente-drones. Together with EM being the best damage type against Sansha, welp do the math.

Alright. It's probably not enough to matter anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
So I decided to follow FranktheBank example and start making bank shoot rats and running DED complexes. I just pulled my first 4/10(Guristas Scout Outpost). I have Vexor and a Myrmidon. Is their any sub 50 mil fit that going to let me run that in either of those?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Take your new gf on a date in eve and suicide gank together.

Edit: don't tell her what it is you're doing until you're standing over the corpse of a dead freighter.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 1, 2016

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Hagop posted:

So I decided to follow FranktheBank example and start making bank shoot rats and running DED complexes. I just pulled my first 4/10(Guristas Scout Outpost). I have Vexor and a Myrmidon. Is their any sub 50 mil fit that going to let me run that in either of those?

A myrm is going to have no problem, but the hull alone costs 58m so it exceeds your budget.

This vexor should be fine for a 4/10, just make sure you're orbiting wide at max speed:

[Vexor, Vexor]
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Power Diagnostic System II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field

Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Wasp II x2
Vespa II x2
Hornet II x1

It comes in at 34m and tanks 134ehp against guristas and does 403 dps to kinetic.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

Thanks for the fit. Now to kill some rats.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Dr. Pangloss posted:

A myrm is going to have no problem, but the hull alone costs 58m so it exceeds your budget.

This vexor should be fine for a 4/10, just make sure you're orbiting wide at max speed:

[Vexor, Vexor]
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field

Drone Link Augmentor II

Wasp II x2
Vespa II x2
Hornet II x1

It comes in at 34m and tanks 134ehp against guristas and does 403 dps to kinetic.

That looks pretty sweet, are the heavy drones absolutely necessary? I'll have to train heave drone operation 30 days to get to V, the rest I could have ready by the weekend.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Hagop posted:

Thanks for the fit. Now to kill some rats.

Where do you kill rats, in high/low sec? Do you do those anomalies?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

bluegoon posted:

Where do you kill rats, in high/low sec? Do you do those anomalies?

stop trying to get into his head, man

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Otacon posted:

stop trying to get into his head, man

Chill thread, broseph, pls.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Do people actually loot rats in anomalies? Or do you do just rotate to the next group? Which is more profitable? I tried looting a bunch in my caracal but it was a complete bitch.

edit: just read up on this, seems people use a remote tractor, but sounds like anyone can destroy it and just be flagged as suspect, so probably not worth using it anyway.

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 1, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

bluegoon posted:

Do people actually loot rats in anomalies? Or do you do just rotate to the next group? Which is more profitable? I tried looting a bunch in my caracal but it was a complete bitch.

I posted earlier my system. I carry 4 MTUs on my VNI. I do 4 Havens, dropping MTUs on every site as I go. After the 4th site clears, I grab my hauler from the station and go scoop up the 4 MTUs + loot. 4 sites averages about 30mil and It takes me 5-7 minutes to reships, grab everything, and reship back to VNI. Highly worth.

bluegoon posted:

edit: just read up on this, seems people use a remote tractor, but sounds like anyone can destroy it and just be flagged as suspect, so probably not worth using it anyway.

Are you in hisec? I dunno how it works there. In null, everyone is suspect, even if they're blue. Even if their you're brother IRL.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 1, 2016

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

FranktheBank posted:

I posted earlier my system. I carry 4 MTUs on my VNI. I do 4 Havens, dropping MTUs on every site as I go. After the 4th site clears, I grab my hauler from the station and go scoop up the 4 MTUs + loot. 4 sites averages about 30mil and It takes me 5-7 minutes to reships, grab everything, and reship back to VNI. Highly worth.

Are you in hisec? I dunno how it works there. In null, everyone is suspect, even if they're blue. Even if their you're brother IRL.

poo poo, not bad.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

bluegoon posted:

That looks pretty sweet, are the heavy drones absolutely necessary? I'll have to train heave drone operation 30 days to get to V, the rest I could have ready by the weekend.

use faction drones if you can't use t2. i havent bothered training heavies cause of the train. the navy faction drones are kinda pricy but slightly worse than t2, the 'integrated' are dirt cheap and slightly better than t1, and augmented are better than t2 but $$$

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

bluegoon posted:

the hassle of scanning one down out of the million derelict structures in highsec and shooting it for what is most likely absolutely nothing inside means that i doubt people pop them in highsec

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

the hassle of scanning one down out of the million derelict structures in highsec and shooting it for what is most likely absolutely nothing inside means that i doubt people pop them in highsec

There was a brief period where shooting this thing would cause a suspect flag in a way that people with drones set to aggressive would shoot and then flag the guy who shot their MTU. A friend of mine ran around in a Maller killing as many missioning BS as he could get to gently caress up.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

There was a brief period where shooting this thing would cause a suspect flag in a way that people with drones set to aggressive would shoot and then flag the guy who shot their MTU. A friend of mine ran around in a Maller killing as many missioning BS as he could get to gently caress up.

Used to? So what happens if I pop an Orcas MTU in highsec?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Hi frank, how are you liking Icelandic Gaz?

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Endie posted:

I have a spotify playlist of a couple of hundred ambient house tracks - Apex Twin, Future Sound of London, Autechre, Boards of Canada etc - and I find that works really well for me.

Link please?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

I used to do this. It is pretty hilarious when they don't realize the trouble they are getting into. Even better is that you can shoot it with an ibis, then when they attack you you run away saying "Sorry!" in local. Then you come back in an actual PVP ship and blow them away. If you have an alt, you could also just have them drop the ship for you right next to the guy so you never have to leave grid.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

I drop a MTU at the start of the fight and after the fight I run salvager drones. I run high and low depending on what DOTLAN tells me. I have not tried null yet because I have yet to find a way close by way to null that is not seemingly camped when I play.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
You can find wormholes that link High/Low to null space so you can avoid the border system gate camps.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I remember this. See, sometimes I run HighSec-missions with my good old Raven and one day some strangers probed down my MTU while I was in a mission and then dropped on it. I assume they planned on shooting it and then hoping I would shoot back. It just didn't work because as an explorer who is often outside HighSec, my reflexes kicked in and I was already aligned and warping out when they arrived on grid.

In hindsight that was probably total overkill, since I just didn't have to shoot them to stay safe, but eh, better overreacting than dying.

Anyway, many people in HighSec are far too high-strung to be that sensible and yes, during that time it was an absolute massacre of idiots.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Sure thing: http://open.spotify.com/user/1122335912/playlist/0UMoFUPWgtjaM2wCAabEse

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Anyone got a lot of experience as solo logi in small fleet work? I'm the only healer about 60-70% of the time, trying to experiment with ASBs. I don't get primaried very often, but random drones drive me off the field sometimes.

My good friend helped me come up with these fits:

[Burst, violence is wrong]
Damage Control II
Co-Processor I
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster

Small Asymmetric Enduring Remote Shield Booster

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

[Bantam, iron]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Small Capacitor Booster II
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Shield Extender II

Small S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

[Scalpel, selfish]
Overdrive Injector System II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I

Small Remote Shield Booster II

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

These fits are quite a bit different from my norm - I typically fly double MSE tanky kirins for shield work. I'm hoping that they will allow me to stay on field for a decent amount of time despite being pretty thin. I make enough money dirt farming that I can afford to lose these all day, so cost isn't too much of a factor though I don't want to bling ships while I'm still bad at the game.

The Burst fit has some awful cap problems, but for only 2 million I don't think I can expect it to do everything all at once. Bantam costs 5 mil, Scalpel about 30. I figure as a solo logi there isn't much I can do if I get focused down by 5+ ships and that wouldn't change even if I had extenders on, but for times when it's only one or two hostiles or people just stick their drones on me ASBs are worth a try. I'm pretty bad at this though, so I'd appreciate some outside advice.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hows this thread going

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

hows this thread going

Good. How are you doing?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty good

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Eonwe posted:

pretty good

I recall your av being much more... muchier

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hi Eonwe are you having fun with overwatch?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Eonwe posted:

pretty good

You miss the game?

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

As logiboat, you should be keeping yourself on the other side of the enemy. Such as....

You......>........your gang......>.........enemy.

Force them to go through your team mates to get to you.

Check the range on your reppers. You shouldn't be in brawling range with your crew........kiting is the key.

If you can get a corp mate to fly logi when you do, things are a lot easier.

Train up those targeting skills......you want to lock up as many of your fleet as you can. Typically ten targets is the best you are going to get in EvE.

Watchlist.......add your FC first, then the rest of the fleet in order of importance. Don't worry about getting the order wrong, you can still drag names up and down.

Always have your FC locked if you can.

And the biggest rule in running logi.....

You can't save everyone so don't feel bad if people die.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Cheers mate! Very chill

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Whoops, meant to post here instead of the thread full of drama.

Are there more actual people playing now than there were a few years ago or is the game still descending into altapocalypse

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GreyPowerVan posted:

Whoops, meant to post here instead of the thread full of drama.

Are there more actual people playing now than there were a few years ago or is the game still descending into altapocalypse

In general there was an uptick in PCU a few weeks ago, but it wasn't that huge.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Around 34k concurrent characters were logged in at the most in the past 36h.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

In general there was an uptick in PCU a few weeks ago, but it wasn't that huge.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Around 34k concurrent characters were logged in at the most in the past 36h.

That's down a tiny bit -- it was peaking around 40k in april. Both of those are considerably above a year ago when it was lucky to break 30k.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, I was mostly wondering if more of those are alts than they used to be.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I would expect fewer alts given the changes to broadcasting killing mega multibox fleets

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
it looks to me like we're at 2008 levels, can't really accuse me of spinning that due to bias. What I worry for are the newer space games that flat out do the space experience better. I don't see it drawing players away but it will certainly present some tempting alternatives.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
So, ratting fleet is highly successful. Looking at doing 8/10s and 10/10s solo. For now, I have 1 account to solo it with. (The other accounts aren't gonna have injectors for a while) I saw some Golem, Paladin, and Tengu fits that said 10/10 solo. I was curious on how active they are?

What I mean by active is am I like turning off 1 active, activating another and in general lots of micro. I am too dumb and bad for that.

I -assume- I only have two options:

Get a ship that lands on grid, orbits something and fire whatever (assuming missiles) and deploy drones.
or
Get a ship that jump drives to somewhere, sits and tanks while firing stuff.

DISCLAIMER: I have a very, very, very limited knowledge about fits and weapons and pretty much everything that isn't drone boat ratting in a VNI. So if my assumptions are incorrect, let me know.

The more information the better. You might have to explain it like i'm an idiot because I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know what "login complete. processing bulk data" means? I am stuck on that in between the launcher and the character select screen loading. My network monitor tells me the eve client (not the eve launcher) is downloading hundreds of mb of data. My data is very limited and I cannot afford to have eve loving murder my cap. Is there any way to stop this from happening? I logged in fine yesterday.

edit: oh its just a dumb patch. Cool, I'll have to shut off my internet for a week because some idiot decided to make a stupid camera. Awesome.

Kazak_Hstan fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 2, 2016

• Locked thread